It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. never told korea about the abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
times.hankooki.com...

The United States on Tuesday faced allegations that it had intentionally kept South Korea in the dark about the abduction of Kim Sun-il, the South Korean interpreter working for a subcontractor to U.S. forces in Iraq.

My theory is that the U.S. didn't tell them about the abduction because they were afraid that Korea might pull back its troops deployment plans. And are hoping that the ROK govt. doesn't realize it until after the ROK troops have already been deployed.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Korea isn't stupid. They don't rely on Americans for their intel. To say they didn't know about it just because America didn't tell them is like saying we didn't tell anyone the sky is blue. All they have to do is look up.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hard Red
Korea isn't stupid. They don't rely on Americans for their intel. To say they didn't know about it just because America didn't tell them is like saying we didn't tell anyone the sky is blue. All they have to do is look up.

Good point.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Do you honestly think these heads of countries don't exchange information, especially in times of war?

I hardly think the South Korean government is/was naive about the threats to their citizen's safety in this extremist riddled nation.

South Korea knows their people are not safe as long as they support the US- they may as well be US citizens in the eyes of these extremists.

South Korea honored their committment, to the US, to deploy it's people to Iraq and stated they would not back out of sending in more military support to Iraq in the weeks to come. Since the US supports South Korea against North Korea, South Korea would not back down because they don't want to loose the US's support against North Korea.

It wouldn't matter if they beheaded a thousand South Korean's, that's alot less death and destruction than if South Korea were to fight North Korea and their nukes.

Kim Soong Il's death was not in vain.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
Do you honestly think these heads of countries don't exchange information, especially in times of war?

Considering that this was a real news source, bent a little to the left, but not a tabloid. Yes, I honestly thought that for a first few minutes. I just realized that after I posted the article.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by gooking]

new topics

top topics

join