It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Seti@home is now officially active!

page: 1

join
share:
xn

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yep. The site says:

Welcome to the new SETI@home! The project is now officially active. We've reset the project by deleting all results and workunits, and setting all credits (user, team, host) to zero.

setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 6-22-2004 by xn]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I ahve lost all my work? This can not be right, if so I quit.

Edit: Ok stats are still there but I do not have the Bionic version, confused yet happy that I still am there listed.

Whats up?

[edit on 22-6-2004 by edsinger]

xn

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When signing up for the new Seti@home before it was officially active, they warned you about resetting the credits (on the front page). It appears that the Beta credit will stay for the time being.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That is for Boinc not the original seti@home.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
im running the original one, what you advice about it? original or boinc?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx
im running the original one, what you advice about it? original or boinc?

Hi kangaxx!

Well, there will be *no* choice ultimately, as SETI@home will close down and be replaced by BOINC. At the moment, SETI@home is still running, parallel to the BOINC version, of course, but ultimately SETI@home will be phased out and only BOINC will be available. However, all your SETI@home WU results will be archived by SETI@home (as will totla team scores) hence our "recruitment drive" to try to obtain the maximum score we can in the all time team list before SETI@home closes.

This message appears on News at SETI@home home page here

"June 22, 2004
A new version of SETI@home based on BOINC, is now available. We'll be transitioning to this new version (details are here). For now, you can use the new version or stick with SETI@home Classic."

Future directions are explained here.

I hope that helps?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
yes thx a lot for the info

i am running BOINC now, i have read some information in the seti site, so i now have "a little" knoledge about it

that it's funny, i just have joined the TAS group 3 days ago, and in the day after the BOINC was avaiable...lol now imy profile says that i am not in a group, i have asked in another topic if i must join again , and the unswer was yes, that i must join again.
but i have tryed to use the "search group" function in the BOINC site, but it says that fiction it is disabled for now...so i do not know how to join. any ideas?

Bwt...what is the complete full name of our group there?
P.S.- i notice that BOINC is prepered to alow us to run diferent "shareprojects", bisides Seti, can some one explain to me how and what kind of other projects can we help too?='?
and in case of a yes,,,,how /where in the BOINC program we "chose", or see that other possible avaiable projects?

P.S.S- i am astonished with the speed of this "BOINC", WU are analyzed much more faster now
)

sorry for so many questions...but this looks preatty interesting for me
))
thc in advance.

thx mates

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kangaxx]"correcting errors" & add "P.S, and P.S.S"

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kangaxx]

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wish them luck but they are not listening to enough of the noise to really know if anyone is out there. 2 bands away could be a cell phone advertisement on another world asking can you hear me now?

We are following the bands on the water line or some such no? Maybe the aliens drink propane....and are made of silicone =).

that search is pretty much a shot in the dark like finding a needle in a hay stack. I am a member though lol.

They need more funding to do any real science.

X

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Appears the BOINC site is down til monday.

(Mainly addressed at Genya): What is the official ATS goal? Would ATS prefer us to carry on with S@H til it is shut down o we are as high up the rankings as possible, or switch to BOINC as soon as possible so we can get a good hold on the BOINC rankings board?
The recruitment drive implies the former, but just to clarify...

[edit on 26-6-2004 by minimi]

xn

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
One reason I didn't switch to BOINC right away when it released was the amount of problems that would most likely appear. The site is down until Monday and some people aren't getting workunits. On Berkeley's M1 milestone bug list, they were supposed to have 2 weeks worth of workunits, which I don't think happened. I have both my computers installed with BOINC v3.19 and ready to switch when I think the time is right. I have about 99 workunits to go until I reach my seti@home goal, which is probably my final seti@home goal before moving to BOINC.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
While the bulk of my computers' CPU time is running classic SETI@Home so we can get higher on the team rankings, I have switched one machine over to the latest BOINC SETI. I was really disturbed to see that big, fat zero next to my username on the ATS-SETI-BOINC team page.

The install and setup was a snap and it has performed flawlessly so far.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Quick BOINC question: After reformat/reinstall of XP yesterday, i thought i might as well give up on S@H classic and d/l BOINC. IS the URL in the email you get from S@H BOINC the one you need to put in to attach to project? As i put it in and hav been unable to connect all day.

(apologies if this is a retarded question)

top topics

join