It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British teenager banned from America for sending Barack Obama abusive email

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

What are you talking about....who brought race into this....

maybe he had the F* word in front of it....that's would be a real banning offense....NOT!!!!

this is America how thin is the skin of the President.....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Woland

In the link provided by JBA2848 above a statement was quoted:

Joanne Ferreira, of the US Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred.

She added: "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

As much as I am not a fan of both papers, they are both running the story and we will hear nothing more from the White House.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

i said if u ever heard those uk teens on mw2 they are pretty racist, which would leave me not suprised by this story, and can only imagine what else he said that got him banned.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

most people go with what is reported, and until the WH comes out and says "He threatend the Obama" or "called his wife a bad name....and thats why we banned him..." we have to go with what facts are know...nes-pas?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I'm not saying the story is incorrect; the FBI presumably contacted the Home Office who contacted the local constabulary who in turn visited the lad and warned him.

That seems to be about it.

The Homeland Security quote in The S*n is a little sly in that it says nothing, but appears to by its inclusion.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

well think people, deny ignorance.

if it is reported a teen from UK got banned from America for emailing him and saying "prick", odds are he said "I'm gonna kill you, you nagging prick"

it doesnt take a monkey to realize theres more to the story than that. Don't hate me for condoning someone getting banned who most likely issued a threat, regardless of how serious it was.

People got banned on here for insults and threats, do you condone ATS to ban those people?>

Don't always hate what the government does. Everything isnt a conspiracy, isnt that what Skeptic says often.

Please people, have some common sense.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Woland

Woland, I just wanted to point out that the White House had made a statement as it was not included in the paper of my origional post.

I am of the belief that the punishment should fit the crime and this fiasco for me is off the Richter scale.

Politicans everyday are called alot worse to their faces by their own countrymen and they dont get them deported.

No entry for this kid into the "Land of the Free" EVER

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I dont get deported because I live here, and have rights. If you dont live here, you have privledges. You are a guest that needs to follow protocol. Punishment probably did fit the crime. Plus, why would we want him here if he ripped at our president? Have we no honor? Must we hate Obama because hes our leader at the moment and hasnt given us free stuff yet? This is the world people, You are responsible for your actions, even if you think the punishment is too harsh, you should have been respectful, and or been the one making the rules.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
reply to post by Woland

Woland, I just wanted to point out that the White House had made a statement as it was not included in the paper of my origional post.

No, there is a quote from the Department of Homeland Security that is in no way linked to the story. It is a stock answer that only appears to be about this story by its inclusion.

No entry for this kid into the "Land of the Free" EVER

Again, there's no actual official statement that he has been banned. Just the lad's comment which he seems quite happy about.

It's just a nonsense Mail story that's designed to get its readers going 'rabblerabblerabble'

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Myendica my friend I think you are getting carried away on the National Pride issue and taking this kids actions as a personal assult against your honour.

Let me point out that you have rights in any democratic country whether resident or visitor. You have the privilage of being let in.

This was not a top diplomat sending an abusive e-mail but a drunk 17 year old. Yes I agree that it was rude and disrespectful but to prove my point I will have to quote the bible (
) " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Is Obama or any of his goverment such Angels??
Have you never made any mistakes?

Relax my friend , sometimes its nice to forgive and forget.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

what? No, I think you guys are on the, government over steps there bounds too much, stage. I dont care for nationalism. If I act like a fool outside of a movie theatre, that theatre has the right to ban me. I got banned from a mall before. If you act irresponsible, you get punished, sometimes with banning. You guys are so against the government that you dont think. I careless about the federal government, but not every situation is out of line, not every official is corrupt. not everyone is evil. but when you do bad things, you get punished. accept that!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You are kidding right, you don't think that the WH would jump all over a death threat? he'll get a lot of copy-cat emails now you know....maybe some from the US.... How can you get there is more from the articles.... it's not a conspiriacy...it's plain stupid.... that is what we are saying...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

Im sure the president gets many internal death threats daily. You dont see them arresting people do ya? Im sure he never even read it. Im sure he didnt even ban the kid. Im also sure that if he did get banned, theres a good reason. and it wasnt just "prick". Maybe I can put 2 and 2 together...

hold on, lemme goto my lab and check

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Heres the original story.

www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk...

He said he couldn’t remember exactly what he had written as he did it when he was ‘drunk and high’ but said he had expressed dislike for President Barack Obama and the US Government.

He said that he had called President Obama a ‘p***k’ but when asked if the action taken to ban him from going to America ‘forever’ was extreme, Mr Angel said he had been more abusive than that.

So he was drunk and high. And admits he said more than ‘p***k’.

The teenager added that he had been watching some conspiracy theory programmes such as the ones about 9/11 and had been researching the Illuminati – a lot of which he believed in.

He sent it a month ago so it was not the specials on tv on 9/11 or is he lying about when he sent it or how many times he did send one?

On Friday, Luke Angel, 17, from Silsoe told Bedfordshire on Sunday that he had sent one email about a month ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for the link and more detail.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

He said he couldn’t remember exactly what he had written as he did it when he was ‘drunk and high’ but said he had expressed dislike for President Barack Obama and the US Government.

He said that he had called President Obama a ‘p***k’ but when asked if the action taken to ban him from going to America ‘forever’ was extreme, Mr Angel said he had been more abusive than that.

he had been more abusive than that... So he himself, is agreeing that he deserved to get banned.. Do you read that the same as me? The teen in question, agrees with me, in that he should have been banned and I condone such action taken.
he obviously ommitted information during the interview. Thus,

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by ljtg123

is that really all he said? prick? i feel theres a lot witheld from this story. do i feel that someone who makes threatening statements be banned? well, perhaps. im not all for banning people from coming here, but not against it either.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Myendica, You are right and we are wrong.
You are really good at this conspiracy business.
Are you sure you are not FBI or CIA

Maybe you are on the goverment payroll and were the 1st person to get the e-mail

My God, I had a bad day at work and now this..........I am off to kill the cat

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador

Myendica, You are right and we are wrong.
You are really good at this conspiracy business.
Are you sure you are not FBI or CIA

Maybe you are on the goverment payroll and were the 1st person to get the e-mail

My God, I had a bad day at work and now this..........I am off to kill the cat

its hilarious that people think Im cointelpro so much... for why? You ever even look at my threads or info? hahahaha

hahahahaha

hilarious

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Woland is absolutely right about the Daily Mail. Absolute gutter press, obsessed, conservative and sensationalist nonsense.

It's almost a non-story. There are no checkable 'facts', nothing to back it up anywhere. Not saying it isn't true, just that there isn't really enough detail to go on.

Anyway, besides that. On the bare boned story in the Daily 'Fail", I think it's quite funny and if the young guy doesn't care about being banned, all the better. And if he did call Obama a p***k, then good for him. I like people who actually say what they feel, rather than go through life complaining but never actually doing anything.

Sticks and stones.....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I done that when Bush was in power, after I sent it I spent about 3 weeks thinking the FBI would come to Scotland and take me to Gitmo.
I still worry about it nowadays to a lesser extent.

I was a little more firey and ignorant back then though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join