It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British teenager banned from America for sending Barack Obama abusive email

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

British teenager banned from America for sending Barack Obama abusive email

www.dailymail.co.uk

A British teenager has been banned from America for life for sending Barack Obama an abusive email, in which he calls the President a p***k.
The teenager told the Bedfordshire On Sunday newspaper that he had sent the email after watching a TV programme about September 11.
When asked about the ban, Luke said: 'I don't really care. My parents aren't very happy about it.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I find the punishment a bit excessive for the crime. He was drunk got a bit aggitated and decided to let his thoughts be known.
A couple of things to point out:
1. He is only seventeen. 2. He was drunk.
Now the legal age to drink alcohol in England is 18.
I think he could of thought of a better excuse!!

So much for free speech. You can send an e-mail to the President as long as its on their terms and you only have nice things to say. The President probably doesnt even know about it.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
what would happen if an american sent barack an abusive email? i'm gonna send the prime minister of the uk an insulting email and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This President can dish out out but obviously he can't take it.
This is a huge difference between Bush and Obama, Bush welcomed criticism and it didn't phase him one bit, where this guy thinks everything must be treated like a popularity contest in his favor, OR ELSE!

Start reading between the lines people, God help you if you say anything negative about "that one".

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

well, we can deny entry to anyone. you ever hear those uk teens online playin mw2? Raa-c-iiist. so the lesson is, when telling the pres of us hes wrong, try and atleast sound inteligent.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Do you really believe someone should be banned from The United States of America for calling Obama a pr!ck? I guess I need to pack my bags...

OP I read that article this morning, couldn't believe the white house took a drunk teen with internet access so seriously.

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: wanted to add to my post.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Now, what happens should the egos of the government intertwine to form one big web of government?

This is, after all, the intended goal.

I knew things like this before glen beck was born. Nowhere to hide. Nowhere to run. This is already the truth, just not de facto yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

is that really all he said? prick? i feel theres a lot witheld from this story. do i feel that someone who makes threatening statements be banned? well, perhaps. im not all for banning people from coming here, but not against it either. but it were a mexican who said it, you would all be saying good, who needs that lowlife.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Glenn Beck? Do you actually think this man is the savior of this country? The United States is an aristocracy.
An aristocracy in a republic is like a chicken whose head has been cut off; it may run about in a lively way, but in fact it is dead.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So Fox News is running with a article from The Sun.
They are getting desperate.
www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
if someone doesnt live here, and wants to be a guest, just like being a member here, you must follow the T&C. If a passenger coming to the US cursed off the pilot, they can deny that passenger access to the US.

just be respectful and you wont have that problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Uh, yeah really and until you provide evidence to the contrary that's the story I'm going with.
I guess if you pick an argument you can't win you can always yell racist.... Seems to be working so well against the Tea Party folks...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

That's right they are coming for us next.....

hope we get Cells close together....

He is out to make us enemies of all our traditional allies..... like he is trying to isolate us in the world..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Obama's white house made fools of themselves again.... Lets blame Beck, Bush, or well anyone other than the people who need held accountable.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Hi,

They may be running with the Sun version but the OP's link is actually to the Daily Mail (which to be honest, isn't all that much better). So there are two sources.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

are you being serious? wow you are rude. may i please have an opinion? please? grow up. dont curse off political powers if u cant live with the consequences. your serious..?? this land does have laws. i dont have to prove anything. the story seems like it has holes. im done with you, ignore

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I really do not believe this for one second. More garbage from the Daily Mail. There's no offical quote regarding the ban, just the lad's word.

An ultra Conservative (and conservative) newpaper whose top two pursuits are criticising American Democrats and blaming the ills of Britain on its immigrant population.

Never a paper to let facts get in the way of a good story; we have a potentially damaging diplomatic incident and the story rests on the key protagonist's statement that he's clearly proud of.

Equally, I'm glad to see that despite the case apparently being handled by the FBI, a non-politcal group that would have recommended the ban, and without any comment from them regarding the truthfulness of the story, a few members think it proof of what they see as Obama's increasingly fascist administration. Pathetic.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Woland because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

What's new? Any President and their cronies blame the opposite party. Two sides of one coin.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Im pudry sure the big O gets called a prick more than once a day. Im just Curios to what the rest of the letter said
its gota be more than "dear Mr. President your a prick so bite me and have a nice day"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Hi,

Probably just praised his foreign policy, his administration's approach to economic reform and congratulated him on the recent $60b arms deal.... As such he was obviously mentally suspect and therefore a potential threat?

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join