It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims do NOT care if we burn the Koran! They care about THIS!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

HEY CHIEF! Ignore the clowns! By the way thank you brother for helping keep my country free. I love all veterans and you always have a friend for life and a place to rest and get free food if needed! THANK YOU My brother is a marine and he went to Iraq 2 times and my sisters army she went to afghanistan 2 times. Take care brother and ignore the clowns

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh so we have aquired land in both afghanistan and Iraq... So we went all the way over to the middle east... Just to make bases? really? thats what you think?

You are an angry little man.... I shouldn't post this yet.. I should wait 5 minutes ...or do i care.. This is great.. i picture you punching your monitor and smashing your keyboard..

Stop being so angry and lets just have a conversation without all the drama..

By the way... You say I want to argue... I actually came to debate your title.. Which you still HAVE NOT addressed.. I have shown you proff that your headline is dead wrong.. Can you not even answer to a simple claim? Are you not even capabale of the smallest form of debate without all the anger?

edit on 14-9-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

Doesnt it make you angry.. as your brother is fighting for our country.. Some ignorant folks come on here and try and dumb down and simplify what is actually being done over there..

I have nothing but respect for our boys.. Thank your brother!!.. Tell him there are still americans that believe in them.

I wish our boys were home.. But if they arent I want them to win...

I say leave those dirt squirls to fight to death... we could start opening up resorts in 10 years... they will wipe each other out..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Oh so we have aquired land in both afghanistan and Iraq... So we went all the way over to the middle east... Just to make bases? really? thats what you think?

You are an angry little man.... I shouldn't post this yet.. I should wait 5 minutes ...or do i care.. This is great.. i picture you punching your monitor and smashing your keyboard..

Stop being so angry and lets just have a conversation without all the drama..

Ad hominem attacks is all you got huh?

And no I'm not mad, I am laughing my rear off.

You are the one who is freaking out, obviously. You have lost the debate so badly you are now just personally attacking me.

I won't waste any more time with this non-sense. Thanks for helping push the thread to the top of the front page though. I appreciate the support.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Interesting post, and I believe I will chime in on this:
In the years between the revolution in Iran, that overthrew the Shah, and 9/11, when the main stream media was actually doing its job and reporting the facts and not opinions, I recall seeing a news show that went into the world of Islam, to educate the general public about what this religion is, and the people who followed it. The main part was looking at the different groups, and the terrorist that were causing alot of the troubles in Isreal and Jorden. What I do recall on this program makes the best sense of all, as it was the opinion of a lot of researchers and western experts all agreed on the following: Those who follow Islam, can not be physically defeated, it has to be done on an ideological level.
The other thing that I remember about Islam and the discussion as to why those in Islamic countries do not like the western world, another person pointed out, using computers as an anology for such: Take the Muslims, they believe that they have a version of God, say 2.0, that those of Judasim have version 0, and Christianity has version 1.0. Then they look at how they are living and their neighbors, and they slightly feel embarassed and upset. They believe that they are devout, following the protocals as it is told to them, and then they see how their neighbors are living, who are not so devout. It is natural that they would be upset and angry. In their point of view, the fact that those who have excelled are somehow shortcutting the system and they feel cheated.
Now in one of the prior post the person talked about the history of the Middle east, yet fails to mention 3 major events in history. Before the Crusades, the Islamic world dominated from India all of the way to West Africa, and up into Spain. Then there was the Mongol invasion from the east, which devistated the area, and following that, up to before World War I, there was the Ottoman Empire, who by the way, were muslim that dominated the region. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire following the conclusiion of World War I, there was alot of infighting in the territory that was held by the Ottomans in their reign.
The problems of the middle east will never be solved easily, as the divisions in the different sects of Islam go too deep, where old hurts are not allowed to heal. Even if we did not get involved, there would still be problems as the Sunni Muslims do not like the Shiites, who do not like those who were once the Ottomans, who are still wanting to be back ontop of the Islamic world. None of the different groups like the other, and will often seek to subvert or even cause problems for the other. And to complicate matters, they will often go outside to different countries to seek support and help, so then other countries, seeing the resources there in that part of the world, would naturally give such help, to gain favorable deals on those resources. It is a total mess, cause then by default those who give aid, become the targets and enemies of the other groups.
Even before Sadam was removed from power in Iraq, the other Muslim countries did not like the man, did not trust him, yet none would move against him or try to remove him from power, rather relying on the intervention of the Western Powers to do the job that they themselves would not do. Why dirty their hands when they can get someone else to do it for them and still look like they had very little to do about such?
The final thought on this topic, is this: Tolerance has to swing both ways and right now the people in the Western World are tired of being tolerant to the muslim population of the world. They really are ceasing to care or be concerned about what goes on in the middle east as the violence never ends. None of the more moderate clerics will stand up and speak out, not even those in the Western Countries, and if they do, it is in a language that is soft and tends to leave them hanging in the rear of that issue. Want the Western world to care about the Islamic world, then tell them to stop. Stop with the death threats, stop with the endless violence. Tell the Islamic world to use stronger language against those in its own communities who are doing the acts of violence, take a strong stand and stick to it. If they are going to profess a higher moral standard, then put teeth to it. It is easy to condone an action, like terrorist activities, but what has more of an impact, We condone the actions of the terrorist who committed these acts. Or would this have a greater impact: If you committ an act of violence, then not only are you not going to Heaven, but we are going to ensure that the entire group that you have are turned over to those who you just attacked, and we will demand to be on the Jury and we will make sure to demand that your group pays the greatest price, death by the choosing of the victims.
What would have more of the world stopping, the first statement or the second statement? I would think that the second statement would have a greater impact on the part of the Islamic world and would sent a stronger message that they intent to be a religion of peace and of higher morals, and it would get the world to actually start caring about what all is going on in their countries.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I though you meant , we were out to aquire land and take their resources..

It takes more than 200 years to conquer the world these days.
But the US is doing a great job of spreading like cancer:
en.wikipedia.org...

If you want to believe that the United States' sole purpose is spreading freedom, then go ahead.
I guess if you're not ready to leave the kiddie pool, then keep splashing around.

edit on 14-9-2010 by DeReK DaRkLy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I was seriously interested in talking about this.. I didnt insult you.. You just plain and simple ..do not have an argument.... Still 5 posts later.. You have kept your "blatent lie" of a headline!!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

S&F! This is a truth that some refuse to face.

The horrible thing is, the damage is already done and the hatred has been fueled to a point of no forgiveness. The American people were so incredibly duped on 9-11 they joined Israel in the never ending religious war and weren't even aware of it.

The more and more I look at the events and policies and actions after 9-11 the more I think Israel did or had a hand in the whole thing to finally get the U.S. into the middle east and fight on their behalf. Israel is the number 1 threat to the U.S. people and the world. Its probably not the common person from Israel, its the warmongering, religious radical, Armageddon wet-dreaming, super narcissistic (Jews are gods chosen people!?), ultra paranoid (preemptive war and Iran nukes) elites.

Without Israeli policy there is a chance war could break out, but WITH Israeli policy war is GUARANTEED!

The U.S. government is infested with Zionist Israeli sympathizers but the American people (the ones dying) could have cared less about the Middle East drama...that was until 9-11. That changed the American people's mindset really quick, and oh how convenient that was for Israel.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I was seriously interested in talking about this.. I didnt insult you.. You just plain and simple ..do not have an argument.... Still 5 posts later.. You have kept your "blatent lie" of a headline!!

You support innocent people dying because you do not view them as humans.

They are

dirt squirls

To you.

Way to de-humanize innocents caught in the crossfire.

You are not here to debate no. You are here to talk crap and promote death.

Supporting war is Un-American.
Supporting war means you support taking MASSIVE loans from China or Japan.
Supporting war means you like seeing American kids come home with their legs blown off for nothing.
Supporting war means you hate peace and want to see conflict go on and on.

I cannot handle all the negative vibe merchants
Is that all you have in you per chance
So much angst and pain it's so wack

WWTJD??
What would Thomas Jefferson Do??

In 1787, Jefferson argued very clearly that the United States should stay out of European affairs. He saw a war coming in europe between Engalnd and France. He saw that, over time, France and the other nations of Europe would have their own internal revolutions that would bring about republican governments in those societies. What he feared was being dragged into a European war on the side of England, and to end up defending a government that was, to some degree, behind the times. Jefferson advocated neutrality

libphil.blogspot.com...

Although this is about the Middle East, the same simple philosophy applies. We should NOT be over there. We need to STAY OUTTA their politics and their lands. It's going to drag us into never-ending conflict that will bleed America dry financially and spiritually.

Getting involved in land wars in Asia is just dumb.

I am an isolationist. We should not involve ourselves in their politics. We should just be a friendly trade partner and share science and technology. We should never get involved in their wars.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The only thing I find worrying is that 99% of the soldiers in these airstrike/arty strike/helo strike vids appear to act like this isn't a real life war but like they're playing Call of Duty or some other first person shooter game, infact the kicks they get from it seems utterly retarded along with their references to God too

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You make a TON of huge stretches of logic there... But I will agree with you on one thing..
We should GET the F out of EVERY sigle country... Stop ALL of the Aide including Israel..

The pathetic part... the world would be begging for our return in less that 10 years..

How stable would the Korean Peninsula be after we left?
What would happen to the middle east if we left right this second and stopped supporting Israel.. Immediatly..

You seem to desire peace... Do you think an immediate withdrawl from ALL countries we occupy would bring peace?

I am all for a total withdrawl... But I think that WW3 will still take place without us.

The only way this messed up world will see peace is
a) Alien invasion
b) WW3 that devastates 80% of the planet.

IMO

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You make a TON of huge stretches of logic there... But I will agree with you on one thing..
We should GET the F out of EVERY sigle country... Stop ALL of the Aide including Israel..

The pathetic part... the world would be begging for our return in less that 10 years..

Awesome.

So we are actually in total agreement about this whole thing, even if you don't realize it yet.

Who cares if they all kill each other after we leave? I don't.

Screw them, let them beg for us to return. Then we can say "Nope you wanted us gone". And let them spiral into endless war.

It's not worth a DROP of American blood to try and stop it.

If they want to have war, let them.

I want my nation to not suffer for those people's mistakes and stupid politics.

Let them cannibalize each other, I don't care. It's not worth our trouble.

I want peace for America. I don't care what the rest of the world does. I just want to not have anything to do with it.

I actually think we agree despite the misunderstandings earlier.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

There are some realities that grunts experience that can never be duplicated in a video game. IE: your best friend being blow to pieces that you try to put back together, being shot, being shot at, hearing ringing in your ears for days, etc etc. MOST of these guys know this stuff is no video game, some however do think it is and they don't last long.

However on the same point, I'm absolutely sure that the US government is very interested in making war more practical by removing the innate moral issues with killing and blowing people up. They want war to be easy, convenient, and fun.

I see more drones in the future piloted by COD fanatics. The horrible thing is in that situation they won't know the difference between a video game and the real life because they are so similar. They are sitting in a comfy seat in a nice AC van/command center with a spike energy drink and Doritos, almost exactly as it is at home.

Think of it this way, if everyone who decided to have bacon for breakfast had to go out and slaughter, chop up and cook the pig, I bet you a lot less people would be eating bacon. But they don't its been made extremely convenient and people are detached from what exactly happens to provide them with bacon. War will soon head in this direction, and video games and unmanned vehicles will support that path.

So in the future when [2EZ]UsuckLoL3172 kills massive amounts of people from his comfy AC130 gunship video game UAV control panel and walks away as if he just finished playing COD MW2,3,4,5 you will see exactly how "detached" from reality war will become, at least for the perpetrators, it will still be very horrifying and real for those being blown to hell and back by [2EZ]UsuckLol3127 and his kill streaks.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Do you think an immediate withdrawl from ALL countries we occupy would bring peace?

Nothing will bring 100% peace because human nature won't allow for it.
It is not the United States' job, however, to dictate how other countries settle their differences.

The US is determined to stop other countries from achieving nuclear capability, but how many nukes do we have?
In fact, we're the only country to actually use atomic weaponry, so who's the real terror on this planet?

There's no such thing as a "good guy" government.

No country is the savior of the world, and we will see all-out destruction before we ever see peace.
Again... human nature.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As an outside viewer (meaning, not American - I am Canadian).. I find it funny that all these tactics are coming from both countries against the other, yet you are both (the countries) acting the exact same. Essentially, you might as well be the same country right now.

They attack you... You attack them... They spit propaganda about you in various forms, you spit propaganda about them in various forms (burning quaran, the ground zero mosque, anything they say, etc), they want to "invade, build schools" and change your viewpoints and beliefs, and spread muslim propaganda and eastern standards of living, and you want to "invade, build schools" change their viewpoints and beliefs, and spread american propaganda and standards of living.

How in the hell is nobody seeing that you are both the same person right now?

edit on 14-9-2010 by Temperamental69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
prettttttty sure they would still sacrifice me to their evil fake god if they caught me setting fire to their sacred set of killing guidelines.

Well don't do that then, if as a result you are not killed by Muslims you can put it down to the work of your own fake god.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
A little historical perspective.

Thats the actual history.

Rare to see the words a little historical perspective followed by the TRUTH!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If your statement is true. What pissed them off before the first gulf war? Why did they take hostages in 1979? They have hated America ever since they had an understanding of our laws. There are those that say this is because we interfered with their affairs, but they are the ones that requested aid. They knew how our system worked, used against each other, then blamed us.

I believe we should not have gotten involved when they asked to begin with, as we were also serving our own interest, but we waited until we were asked. Iran and Iraq both asked for money and weapons during their long war. We gave aid to the country that seemed to be closer to our values(we were wrong) but we did respond. We helped Afganistan throw out Russia when they asked. We gave them weapons, money and training, then they attacked us.

I think what pisses them off is the fact that that we do not follow their religious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Great thread! you expressed my thoughts perfectly.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know when the iron curtain came down and the Soviet empire crumbled and their threat was gone I wondered how long it would take for the Military/Security industrial complex to respond to create a new enemy. It did not take long. Using the same people who were our friends during the cold war and recasting them as the new enemy they had the war machine back up and running full steam within just a few years time.

Remember Clinton talking about the peace dividend. That got spent real fast didn't it. The Islamic jihad which the US had created and used as a weapon against the soviets was grown into the never ending war on terror. War is a racket as General Smedly Butler said. It has never been so profitable as now days. We no longer have to win a war. We can just have this never ending wars for ever now. No clear enemy and no specific nation required. Just the nebulous threat of terror. We will never know peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join