It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I Suppose I Join 9/11 Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have been flirting around the edges of joining the 9/11 Truth movement for a year now. I have viewed a lot of the supposed evidence as circumspect at best and muddled with fringe ideas which discredit the movement completely.

Yesterday, though, I stumbled across the $20 bill folding trick. Now I've done the search on AboveTopSecret and I've seen all of the threads and I've seen the denunciations of this trick. I also view myself as a fairly logical person.

If it was just the $20 bill that was involved I could pass it off. You can fold paper based items in any number of ways to create strange imagery. In previous posts on this subject the Land-O-Lakes trick has been raised. In addition the fact that you can fold the $20 to spell Osama or fold other currency to show strange things. Granted, if you play with it long enough you could do anything.

I would argue that the folding of the $20 in this manner is not a stretch -- its a standard folding to turn a piece of paper in to an airplane (like the ones used in the attacks). Still - I'll grant that its a statistical anomaly and move on -- if it is only the $20 bill.

The fact that it is on the $5, the $10, the $20, the $50, and the $100 showing the chronological events of 9/11 in ascending order of currency - I can't let that go. There is intelligent design in that.

Image Source

The next thought I had is that it must be some type of sick commemoration designed after the fact but I have learned that these bills in question were re-designed starting in 1996 and all released prior to May, 2000.

Alright, well it must still be a coincidence right? Surely the redesign did not introduce the 9/11 artifacts and they have always been there since the 1950s. A poster on an old ATS thread even dismisses the claim by saying that the $1 has not been redesigned since 1957 and it would be impossible for them to have foreshadowed the destruction of the World Trade Center when it had not even broken ground yet . I'll concede that, but the $1 does not show the events of 9/11. The others, mentioned above, do and they were redesigned after the NWO speech in 1991 and before the attacks in 2001.

I am left with the following:

1. 5 U.S. Bills Involved (Not Just the $20)
  2. The Bill Present the Events of 9/11 Chronologically in Ascending Order of Currency
  3. All Involve Simple Folding to Make Paper Airplane
  4. All Bills Folded Exactly the Same
  5. Images Show Both Events of the WTC (Back) and Pentagon (Front)

I'm not a statistician, but I doubt that falls within a norm. If there is a logical debunking that I have missed please let me know but don't try to argue that it is (a) coincidence because there are too many coincidences here to be coincidence, (b) that you could fold any manner of ways to produce similar results because the folds are all exactly the same across 5 different bills rendering the events in question on front and back and the fold is of a simple airplane which is still in context, (c) that it has always been this way because clearly as shown in the video below it hasn't, (d) that the images are vague because when shown in chronological order they are self-explanatory.

The video below shows a side by side comparison with the previous designed bills and highlights what changes were made to give the resemblance of 9/11. I don' t agree with everything mentioned in this video, particularly at the end.

An interesting note is that this is mentioned on the Wiki page for the $20 bill (en.wikipedia.org...). In it, it includes a picture of the folding of the $20 front and back with the following biased text:

The $20 bill when folded was alleged to vaguely resemble the Twin Towers hit and smoking.The $20 bill when folded was alleged to vaguely resemble the Twin Towers hit and smoking.

I never 'trusted' the government to not have committed 9/11 but I've not seen the evidence to convince me one way or the other; more often the evidence (or theory) has discredited the theory. This though, clearly exists, precedes the event, and clearly could not have been perpetrated by Osama Bin Laden. The Federal Reserve is involved in the redesign of these bills which means the idea that 9/11 was an inside job is firmly on the table for me now for the first time -- unless there is a rational explanation for these bills?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you for this.

That is what I call hard core awesomeness.

I didn't realize this at all. Super uncanny.

What are the odds?

Call me simply amazed! TYVM. I shall share this with other people. Uber!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Sounds like an excellent reason to become a truther to me . You should fit right in .

This will also be my very last post in regards to this ummm , " truth " ...

edit on 13-9-2010 by okbmd because: correction

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You join 9/11 truth because of the folded $20 bill? Nothing else did it, but that did?

Define: reverse psychology

Reverse psychology is a persuasion technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested....

Wikipedia

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I like how you have to fold the bills into an AIRPLANE. lol ironic.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by ararisq

Sounds like an excellent reason to become a truther to me . You should fit right in. This will also be my very last post in regards to this ummm , " truth " ...

Sarcasm noted, but seriously this isn't a membership I've been seeking - quite the contrary for a very long time. I suspect I will receive a lot of replies similar to yours in which the content is not debated. If anyone can debunk the above then please do, please God do, help me out of this. The denunciations that I've seen in previous threads to date don't cut the mustard which is leaving me to the view that there is something to those images.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow I never realized you could do that with every dollar.... Thats some incredible foreshadowing from the Illuminati. Really makes me stop questioning their existence because this just sticks a cherry on the pre-existing evidence.

I respect that you have finally joined but our of all of the coincidences and the sheer physical impracticable possibility of what "officially" happened, the bills made you a believer? Not even the nano thermite residue?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You join 9/11 truth because of the folded $20 bill? Nothing else did it, but that did?

Define: reverse psychology

Define : Doesn't read a thread.

::: Someone who assumes they know what a thread is about, but doesn't actually read it.

Proof: You said "because of a folded $20 bill?"

Nope. The thread is about how Just about ALL of the bills show a SEQUENCE of EVENTS when folded like AIRPLANES.

It's an uber coincidence and totally uncanny.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Sarcasm noted, but seriously this isn't a membership I've been seeking - quite the contrary for a very long time. I suspect I will receive a lot of replies similar to yours in which the content is not debated. If anyone can debunk the above then please do, please God do, help me out of this. The denunciations that I've seen in previous threads to date don't cut the mustard which is leaving me to the view that there is something to those images.

Assuming the images are genuine, there's nothing to debunk. These sorts of things happen constantly. Why do you think people believe in numerology? It's not that it has any legitimate basis, but enough coincidences happen and they remember only the coincidences.

It might be worth your while looking at this article: en.wikipedia.org...

Then ask yourself this one key question: What is the motivation of the people who did this?

We're assuming of course that this was done by someone intentionally, otherwise I don't see how it would convince you. Why would anyone do this? What does it achieve? How does it further their agenda?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

No insult intended, but I suspect your membership is the type that isn't being sought out by the truthers either. THEY are looking for smoking gun evidence that can't be refuted so they can bring it to some future investigation committee. YOU are looking for concealed "Where in our currency is Carmen Sandiego?" clues from folding money into paper airplanes.

Noone is debating you're seeing images that you want to see in your origami. You haven't proven that it isn't becuase you're seeing what you want to see from your origami. Tell you what- BEP engraver Christopher Madden is the guy who engraved the treasury building on the $10 bill, the one that supposedly shows a concealed smoking WTC. Start by showing how he's connected to the conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm sorry, you're absolutely right.
All the bills being folded showing the chronology of events is a much better reason to join 9/11 truth.
There's not enough to go on without that, but that put it over the top.....okay.

Now can I say "define: reverse psychology"?

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I'm sorry, you're absolutely right.
All the bills being folded showing the chronology of events is a much better reason to join 9/11 truth.
There's not enough to go on without that, but that put it over the top.....okay.

Now can I say "define: reverse psychology"?

Peace

Here is reverse psychology for you buddy.

Would you rather join 911 truth, or 911 lies?

Your pick.

Hehe.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Look a little more deeply into what I was trying to say. You may be surprised.

I understand the game very well, as do many others.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hi truth fans.

I can only say this: WTC-7 convinced me !
And the logic is from far behind in time:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
or
www.abovetopsecret.com...
to read all.

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by s7ryk3r
Wow I never realized you could do that with every dollar.... Thats some incredible foreshadowing from the Illuminati. Really makes me stop questioning their existence because this just sticks a cherry on the pre-existing evidence.

I respect that you have finally joined but our of all of the coincidences and the sheer physical impracticable possibility of what "officially" happened, the bills made you a believer? Not even the nano thermite residue?

Thanks for the reply s7ryk3r. I have to admit that in large part the 'evidence' has been circumspect - you have to rely on the testimony of others or the existence of data long after the fact. This is simple, everyone can validate it - billions of notes exist to verify the existence. I see a lot of replies still deriding this as a coincidence - I don't understand that at all. This is just not a coincidence. If this were shown to 100 million viewers during the Super Bowl, overnight more than half the population would believe 9/11 was planned by our government. Its undeniable.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Pretty cool parlor trick there. Not sure it would sway me to the darkside, but it's cool.

Just don't be one of those "there were no planes man, they were holograms" type of people. I would have to laugh at you hysterically then be forced to mock you incessantly.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe there are some things you just cant pass of as 'coincidence'.

Good video

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
I can only say this: WTC-7 convinced me !

Same.

Watching WTC7 collapse is what separates the wheat from the chaff. If you see it come down and aren't instantly convinced it was a controlled demolition, then in my honest opinion you are truly incompetent of the physics involved. Even demolition experts shown WTC7, without being told the circumstances of the event, immediately agree it was a controlled demolition. It's only after they are told it fell on 9/11, that their denial kicks in and they start plugging their sad ears.

Then there's Danny Jowenko, an explosive demolition professional who was shocked to learn this happened on 9/11 when he first saw it, but had to conclude it was a controlled demolition anyway. Why? First of all, he's not American, and secondly, he knows how hard it is to make a building come down like that, from experience.

edit on 13-9-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've given it a day - no one has been able to debunk this. GoodOlDave which I know spends most of his time debunking 9/11 conspiracy has suggested that I am seeing what I want to see. It isn't just a matter of viewing the images and seeing what I want to see because there is context on the front and on the back, in a chronological/ascending order, and in geometric shape. The chances involved here prohibit coincidence.

The point as to why this 'small' thing has swayed me when all of the other 'evidence' hasn't is that this is irrefutable as far as I am concerned and verifiable 1 year before the event and 9 years after the event. I don't need to accept the testimony of a supposed demolition expert, pilot, or construction worker.

Its as simple as it gets. If it cannot be refuted then the attacks on 9/11 must have been planned and someone in the Federal Reserve must be complicit. I think if 1000 people were shown the bills lined up, folded in to airplanes, and shown the imagery without any voice over - that the majority of people that see that would understand what they are looking at. If then told that the bills were made to look like that between 1996 and 2000 then it would be a serious problem for a lot of people.

edit on 9/14/2010 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join