It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turks Approve Changes in Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Turkish voters approved a sweeping package of constitutional reforms by a wide margin on Sunday, handing a major victory to the Islamist-rooted government that continued the country’s inexorable shift in power away from the secular Westernized elite that has governed modern Turkey for most of its history.
The changes were intended to bring Turkey’s military-imposed Constitution in line with European standards of law and democracy, but were widely viewed by voters and politicians here as a referendum on the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
According to unofficial results issued late Sunday night, the package of 26 constitutional amendments passed with 58 percent of the vote, the semiofficial Anatolian News Agency reported.

Here is another link describing, in detail, exactly what the new reforms are and what they mean for Turkey.

Turkish constitutional referendum 2010

Many consider this a stunning surprise while others are happy. While I personally do not see the problems with these changes, I am not in Turkey so my opinion is irrelevant. There are some that claim that under these new reforms the hard-line Islamists have now taken control over Secular Turkey.

Are there any Turkish members of ATS? We would love to hear your opinion!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No replies. I thought for sure someone might have some informative opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm not Turkish, however I have visited the country on several occasions. It is a beautiful and developed country that's way ahead of it neighboring Islamic nations. The main reason for this progress is the fact that it's ran by a secular system of government. In fact, I always viewed them as an example of how a secular democracy can work in the ME. This reform however, is said to be a shift in power toward an Islamic-rooted government. IMHO this can only be a bad thing not just for Turkey but the rest of the region.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This approvement means also a change of islamic influnces in the government. So more threat to the middle east and to Israel.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The reforms are passed so the nwo can have it's cake and eat it too .

Turks are pitted against one another as pious vs moderate muslims .

This could get potentially really ugly or potentially it can nullify the clash of civilizations theory .

One thing for sure , existing constitution was not the most suitable one for Turks and they have changed it thru the ballotbox while a ' muslim moderate Turk ' was in charge .

edit on 13-9-2010 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well, I'm not from Turkey too, but firstly, the changes as I understand, supposed to make the Constitution more Democratic according to the EU standards.For example, no right for Army to throw away the legal Government. Or people from now in Turkey will elect their president directly, previously that was the parlament's business. Strengthening Islamists flews from the fact that they are the government now and they are those who suggest changes. People's approval is like credit for them. But as you can see here
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
Western Banks are not about worsening of the situation in the region. Contra. They say now stability becomes more expectable. (I don't think that some BG Paribas are Islamists).
And if somebody cares I can suggest the point of view of the Russian expert.
Turkey is slipping away from under America’s feet
www.eastwest-review.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I've raised and live in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm both Swiss and Turkish citizen. To understand this issue you have to read Turkish History after Ottoman Empire until today, which covers Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's life and his leading the country and the things happened after his death until today.

Turks are very wide in ranging ethnic origins, but most Turk's kept the Ottoman thinking style throughout today (especially the ones in the middle parts and east parts of Turkey, west coast of Turkey is always stayed democrat and civilized), after all how can you expect generations coming from the Ottoman roots to have a democratic thinking style other than theocratic ones..

Ataturk was very west-headed, scientific, secular, democratic and civilized, and he pressured, broke down Ottoman Empire and caliph system and form a secular democratic Turkey, but some people didn't liked it, especially the ones who are religious and was in charge before Ataturk came, so Ataturk pressured them more to be more civilized, more democrat and secular, infact he fought for it, but instead of being scientific and democratic those people went underground and kept their existence for long long times after his death until today, and they started to collect and organize, now they're organized under the name 'democratic religious', for todays circumstances they have to look like as if they were democratic, but they're infact religious, Erdogan is now their leader, but before there were different leaders like Erbakan, so, we have a constitution (i'm talking about the constitution before this referendum) which gives the army to supress these religious forces (coup d'etat) this is usually a bad thing for a country, but in Turkey's situation, it was vital to surpress extremist islamic movements and keep the country secular and democratic until recent years. Now those underground organisations became stronger and got the great positions in the government, and kept having more votes in every election since 1980's..Now Turkey's more than half is believing them, it consists both religious parts of Turkey and both citizens who says 'i don't care about religion or Erdogan, he just do good job to country he make roads, he dropped inflation so my vote is to him' people.

Infact, Erdogan is working hard to make the country better, but also keeping the religious side, but only this way he can only gain the population.

That was why some people oppose Erdogan, because he assigned his best man to great positions in the government, and with this referendum now he'll be able to assign even the judges of the judiciary, of course he'll assign his best man to give decisions to his side to that positions too, and will completely own not only the government, but the judiciary of Turkey. That was why the other half of Turkey opposed to these changes.

Erdogan put a constitutional change package containing several irrelevant changes in one package and put out a referendum, he put changes in benefits for woman, children and disabled, so he can make the public literally eat and confirm the constituitional changes about the change in the assignments of Turkish Judiciary, and achieved his goal.

He was backed up with Iran and several islamic countries, but hey! at most he was backed up from the US (how interesting hehe) do you know about the 'Great Middle East Project' that the US operate? Erdogan is talking on several places about it, and telling that he is playing an important role to make this operation real. On this project Turkey's map is changing and Turkey is giving some east part of the country to Kurds to form a Free Kurdistan country, Cyprus's Turkish side will be given to Greeks, and the west part of Turkey, Marmara, where asia and europe bounds will be added to EU (for commercial concerns EU has to be in charge of the bosphorus you know) and all other left from these parts will be the remaining Turkey..

So Iran and other islamic countries also want to have the Great Middle East Project because they think that they'll form a greater islamic population and country, and most islamic countries sees Turkey leading to it, they have wars, terror and yet Turkey is the most powerful and strategically located islamic country in the middle east, so they help Turkey to achieve this goal, also on the otherhand, the US also wants to see a greater middle east, after all some powers are finished with Europe (with the formation of EU) and now its middle easts turn to come together..

Also EU keeps being undecided weather accept Turkey as a EU member or not, but they're just delaying the situation to make constituitional changes in Turkey, Turkey will not be added to the EU, its a part of the Greater Middle East Project but it has a great connection to EU because of its strategical location, that is why EU is keeping undecided to add Turkey to EU or not, but this will not happen if Turkey's boundries are like this as todays, it will only happen if the map is changed to what its suggested in the Greater Middle East Project.. So they'll not decide this issue any sooner..

and America says nothing to Turkey when Turkey opposes with the US, because he knows that Turkey is accompanying the big plan while doing it, so America's politic towards Turkey is very calm and sometimes left 'undecided'..even on the recent Gaza issue..

Meanwhile, Erdogan is selling every autobahn, bridge, TV channels, newspapers, governmental buildings, water barrage's, governmental phone company Telekom, education system, banks and lands to several countries both islamic, european and american to get out of the global crisis, literally feeding them in order to have fed, and give wealth to public, so public is happy when they see that their economy is getting better, but they're not thinking that 'how' it is getting better, MSM also plays a huge role on this. Some people are aware and oppose the situation, but most of the tv and main stream media followers are not aware of these situations.

I know its been long but much much longer needed to be written on these issue to make it clear.. You can think that this is just a 'summary'. Much more it is that Turkey went through inside his politics and public view changes..

That is why all islamic countries along with America and EU is happy about Turkey, because it is accompanying the big order plan, and they'll all get what they want.. Middle East will have a powerful islamic leading country to spread their voice which they want, EU will have great ease on trade bond between asia and europe and get the control of the bosphorus trade (they want only this, but they do not want whole Turkey in the EU I wouldn't want if I were them), US will accomplish the Great Middle East Project, everyone is happy..Except nationalists who wants their countries not to split up to form another country in it, liberals and Ataturk generations in the country who don't think that they fit in this islamic look that Turkey started wearing especially in the last decade, while the Ottoman-headed descendants support all this changes along with the world..And this is what splits up the country (not literally but with thinking styles split up in the public) but hey! isn't it the usual strategy to split up the public before splitting up the country?

That is what Turkey's situation is for me right now..That is why I both love and hate this countries people..Half of them are secular and liberal while other half is religious and Ottoman descended..and some big plans are hiding behind the curtains..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432
The reforms are passed so the nwo can have it's cake and eat it too .

Turks are pitted against one another as pious vs moderate muslims .

This could get potentially really ugly or potentially it can nullify the clash of civilizations theory .

One thing for sure , existing constitution was not the most suitable one for Turks and they have changed it thru the ballotbox while a ' muslim moderate Turk ' was in charge .

So any kind of event that happens is somehow connect to the NWO with you PCT's (paranoid conspiracy theorist) huh?

These people are in the middle of a "muslim civil war" and you have to pull the NWO card?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well it seems like it is the plan going on.. and many Turks are also thinking that way.. Because.. Turkish president Erdogan told it so! Yeah he said this on his several speeches and cameras recorded them.. I know you can't speak Turkish but there is no other video's that are subtitled in English, here you can see Turkish president Erdogan talking about the NWO's Great Middle East Project and telling how important Turkey is..

Here Tayyip Erdogan (The President of Turkish Gov) telling that he is the co-president of the Greater Middle East Project that America put in action and Diyarbakir (a big city in the east of Turkey where when Free Kurdistan is formed, will be very important) can be a Capital city on this plan. Also the video reveals American politics role in manipulations in presidental elections in Turkey since 1980s, how American politics formed an 'islamic democrat' or 'mild islamics' in Turkey with its secret connections starting in 1980's to the election of Erbakan in 1990s (a former religious political party and its leader, they're showing it as the US's first attemp to achieve Eastern goals, but it has failed on the first time, next one was Erdogan with his new religious party) and continued its work after that and how it is supported by EU, US and also islamic countries..

Indeed Turkey faces a huge increase strong islamic party movements after 1980s, Turkey was much more liberal, secular and democrat before 1980s and the video tells that these are US politics operated projects for the Great Middle East Project to accomplish NWO and here is the Turkish president from his own mouth, telling how important he is and Turkey is in this Greater Middle East Project..

edit on 24-9-2010 by organite because: spelling

edit on 24-9-2010 by organite because: grammar

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Lovely, the video I posted from youtube became offline, here is another copy:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
oh well, the second video link i posted also broken now, how interesting that they're becoming 'The URL contained a malformed video ID. ' right after i post it on ATS, bad coincidence

Here is the third link showing the same video like above two..

just in case; www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier

So any kind of event that happens is somehow connect to the NWO with you PCT's (paranoid conspiracy theorist) huh?

These people are in the middle of a "muslim civil war" and you have to pull the NWO card?

new topics

top topics

join