It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq, Afghan Veterans Call For Respect For Muslims: "America, You Gotta Have Our Back"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

You are correct. It is easy to posture from the safety of the US, and would not be so easy, nor adviseable in an enemy battlefield. I apologize for my brashness from the safety of my secure building.

I refer to my original post where the Press is responsible for publicizing every little hiccup that might offend Muslims. The Press is making sure to keep our troops in harms way. It isn't one redneck like me, or one idiot preacher. We could go along with our little lives not affecting global politics, just like all those Muslims do in their own country. Instead, the Press wants to take our worthless opinions and portray them as a "rising anti-Muslim sentiment" and broadcast it to the world. The Press is responsible for resulting deaths US or Muslim, because the Press is profiting from creating tension, creating viewers, creating violence, and then selling adspace on their channel!! They are worse than arms dealers. They are heartache and strife dealers. Then, the Press turns around in their own article and says they are trying to stifle anti-Muslim sentiment?

reply to post by Joe7pack

She tried, she tried, but I am hard-headed with the scars to prove it. I don't envy mothers of boys like me. Now I have 2 boys of my own, and I am certain to pay for my hard-headedness at least 2-fold!

edit on 13-9-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

A star for your last post.

I agree. The press is just as responsible for the uproar as anybody else. The burning of the Koran made a sensational story and the media thrives on sensation. A reasonable news outlet would refuse to stir people up that way. Such reason used to prevail in newsrooms but that is unfortunately a thing of the past.

Maybe they take a perverse satisfaction from turning people against each other in this country just for the sake of grabbing market share and advertising dollars.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join