It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ? Temuco Chili 10.09.2010 Well worth a look or maybe not.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Very interesting video if for nothing else the guy has made sure he has loads of perspective with plenty of wide angle shots showing the ufo's ( or what ever it is) position in the sky. I don't like the way it ends but maybe he got bored. I'm not sure what it is, I guess it could be cgi but my gut instinct tells me its really there, could be a blimp. What do you guys think?

edit on 13-9-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My first thought was it was a bird of prey hovering whilst on the hunt. On the extreme zoom in I'm sure I can see the birds wings being used to maintain its position.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nondescript object high in the sky. Could be anything. Just like the videographer, I got bored too. Your title should be edited. It's not worth a look. Sorry but this kind of thing just gets old.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
Nondescript object high in the sky. Could be anything. Just like the videographer, I got bored too. Your title should be edited. It's not worth a look. Sorry but this kind of thing just gets old.

No worrys have taken your advice, cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't think its a bird at all . It seems to be hovering in place , and birds cant do that. Could be a blimp and I suppose if we knew the exact location and time this was shot that could be checked.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
hawks and eagls do indeed hover in place. they ride the thermals like a kite and I've seen a golden eagle literally hover in one place for at least a minute before.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Too bad the object was not closer or the camera's zoom was not more powerful. Toward the end of the clip, it began to look more and more (to me) like a blimp. It seemed to be rotating and moving forward slowly. Might also be some kind of balloon as well. Without something else to compare it to, or without a clearer/closer viewpoint, it remains an unknown.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim
My first thought was it was a bird of prey hovering whilst on the hunt. On the extreme zoom in I'm sure I can see the birds wings being used to maintain its position.

Yes I think you are right , it does look like an eagle hovering. This thread should probably now be put in the hoax category. Cheers Tarifa

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Isn't "Chili" food and CHILE, the country? You'd think if the guy is really from there, he'd know how his nation is spelled. Unless it is an accurate spelling and that's the Hormel Chili Blimp.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Ok Ive found what I think is the original post of this video (proper spelling of Chile)

No other UFO stuff on his home page. www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-9-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
bird.

Very high up.

IMHO

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
I don't think its a bird at all . It seems to be hovering in place , and birds cant do that. Could be a blimp and I suppose if we knew the exact location and time this was shot that could be checked.

Google is your friend.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Nice, OK thread closed............................. WTF I can't close my thread. OK Ive tried every button on my key board still no joy. MODS

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

What is your own opinion on it, out of interest?

I hate to go against the popular consensus, but it doesn't look like a bird to me - it remains in the same position for (at least) 3 minutes.

It is nice to see that the cameraman had enough presence of mind to get a proper sense of scale on the object. It is just a shame that he is so far away in the first place!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I am nearly 100% sure its a large bird, this is because at the beginning of the video I recognized the flutter of the back (leech)edge of the birds wing. When an eagle hovers like that keeping its position against the wind its feathers still move up and down when gusts exhaust from them. Much like a windsurfing sail that lets gust exhaust out of the top by twisting the head off whilst keeping the sail shape regular and still.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for your reply.

I hate to admit it but I'm still puzzling over the video for an explanation that would satisfy me. Mind you, I am prone to outlandish explanations!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Nice, OK thread closed............................. WTF I can't close my thread. OK Ive tried every button on my key board still no joy. MODS

You sure about that? His bird video looks nothing like your op, it's not even similar. I don't know what it is, but I doubt it's a bird.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am 100 percent sure it is NOT a bird. We would see definition between the wings and body if it were a bird. Could be a blimp, but it is not a bird.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

It wasn't the video that convinced me just the notion that it could be a bird. As soon as I went back and looked at the video I could see it was a bird straight away for reasons i have already explained.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join