It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Debate Challenge for Religion, Faith, and Theology.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well, I'm sick of you leaving a thread in the middle, too! So, here is my last reply to you from the other thread. Maybe your "chaos" will allow you to answer here what I had to say there. This is in response to my asking exactly what you were looking for in these debates.

Well madness, I don't know what to tell you. You know as well as I do that what you want is not gonna happen. God purposely made that sort of scientific proof impossible so that we would have to have faith. Faith is an intangible, ethereal thing. Faith involves the soul and spirit, and science still cannot explain those things. Science can tell you about all of the biological functions of every human, but it cannot tell you why Jane is a real sweetheart but Dick is just a real A-hole. The essence of WHO each person is has always been about soul, spirit, whatever name you choose to give it. That is why although we can understand how biological life works from the first division of cells, we cannot prove what makes an individual. God intends for us each to seek out the basic truths about creation, and to look for Him as the root cause of it all. For those who do truly seek the real thing, they find truth. I can only tell you what I BELIEVE. See, that's all there is to faith. Belief. I hope you find something that makes you happy with life. I can tell you that the God you have always been taught about, that you have read about all your life has been terribly misrepresented by men with an agenda. I hope that you will go here:www.thechronicleproject.org... and do a little reading, just to see if you feel that this a more the truth than other things you have been taught. Good luck and let me know how it goes! Jenny

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

Well, I'm sick of you leaving a thread in the middle, too!

It's not like I leave in the middle of a thread. I'm a busy person and I possibly live in a different time zone, a very distant one.

So, here is my last reply to you from the other thread. Maybe your "chaos" will allow you to answer here what I had to say there. This is in response to my asking exactly what you were looking for in these debates.

I answered the parts that pertained to science in the other thread, I thought about addressing them here, but this is a thread that's specifically for a challenge in the debate forum. And I'm just going to ignore the fact that you actually prosthelytized in the middle of a thread about evolution.

If you want to make a specific debate about something, please use this thread. There are other threads that deal with the existence of a deity.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I answered the parts that pertained to science in the other thread, I thought about addressing them here, but this is a thread that's specifically for a challenge in the debate forum. And I'm just going to ignore the fact that you actually prosthelytized in the middle of a thread about evolution.

Are you freakin' kidding me? Seriously? You begin your other thread with these words about creationists:

You believe that the creator/intelligent designer is free from infinite regress

What? What was that you said "you believe" as your very first poke at creationists, which by the way, I am not. So, you started a thread about "SCIENCE" did you, knowing that those you called out could only use "BELIEF" to defend their side. Now you wanna' say that it is a thread about Science?

Let me ask you exactly which part of science were you thinking of when you challenged a belief? Do you have some kind of knowledge the rest of us are missing out on, cause I don't know of a "belief" section of the scientific genre.

I would suggest next time that you don't want these God people derailing your thread and "proselytizing" on your time, you choose a subject that doesn't involve any beliefs. You seem to have trouble keeping science and belief seperated.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Debate humans are idiots are not!. Hahaha.

I say all humans are idiots. Then you may say that statement is invalid because i am human.

I am not human. Not in physical but in thinking wise.

Because rational thinking is a flawed idea. Rational thinking do work only in circles.

Reference to reference.

To understand who you are ,

You need to ask questions but do not agree or disagree with answers you make them or get them from.

I do not exist.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Are you freakin' kidding me? Seriously? You begin your other thread with these words about creationists:

You believe that the creator/intelligent designer is free from infinite regress

That merely speaks to how scientifically invalid the concept of introducing a more complex being to create a complex system is. I have no problem if people want to believe in a nebulous concept of god that's free of the burden of having to explain that natural universe, though I do enjoy debating the concept. The science just adds up.

What? What was that you said "you believe" as your very first poke at creationists, which by the way, I am not.

Then why are you getting so inflamed by my statements? And 'believe' is a perfectly good poke when you're talking about science. Science isn't about belief, it's about proof.

So, you started a thread about "SCIENCE" did you, knowing that those you called out could only use "BELIEF" to defend their side. Now you wanna' say that it is a thread about Science?

There are plenty of people who think 'creation science' and 'intelligent design' are as scientifically valid as thermodynamics. It's not my fault that everyone who has a belief in a supernatural entity chose to jump into that discussion.

Let me ask you exactly which part of science were you thinking of when you challenged a belief?

The progression of species via evolution stopped my belief in ID
The development life via natural processes on primordial Earth challenged my belief in the 'divine spark of life'
Cosmology and astrophysics challenged my belief that the entire universe was created by a deity for the sake of humanity and that a deity created the universe.
I can keep going if you'd like.

Do you have some kind of knowledge the rest of us are missing out on, cause I don't know of a "belief" section of the scientific genre.

Well, I guess you could examine belief through psychology and neuroscience. There are quite a few interesting developments regarding belief in evolutionary psychology as well.

I would suggest next time that you don't want these God people derailing your thread and "proselytizing" on your time, you choose a subject that doesn't involve any beliefs.

Ah, I didn't know mentioning a single word like 'belief' was enough to give you the right to stop a thread that's about discussion and attempt to convert me to your line of thinking. I can't help that ID and creationism are beliefs that run contrary to science. If someone has a belief that runs contrary to the facts then I'm quite sure that the belief is entirely subject to challenge by the facts as is the case in evolutionary biology v superstitious nonsense.

You seem to have trouble keeping science and belief seperated.

And you seem to have a problem keeping concepts and people separate. These people are more than their belief in a deity yet you seem to think that my very insistence that there might be a tiny problem with how they believe in whatever deity they believe in is tantamount to attacking them physically.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join