It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 23 PERCENT Gulf residents suffer with “mild to moderate mental illness” after oil disast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by harp sounds

Precisely!

Rosenhan experiment:

The second part involved asking staff at a psychiatric hospital to detect non-existent "fake" patients. The staff falsely identified large numbers of ordinary patients as impostors.

The study concluded, "It is clear that we cannot distinguish the sane from the insane in psychiatric hospitals" and also illustrated the dangers of dehumanization and labeling in psychiatric institutions. It suggested that the use of community mental health facilities which concentrated on specific problems and behaviors rather than psychiatric labels might be a solution and recommended education to make psychiatric workers more aware of the social psychology of their facilities.

From your link above:
en.wikipedia.org...

I am HORRIBLE at tests, I am psychic and yet miss almost every answer on those online psychic tests! According to those tests I have no ability in premonition, big wrong...

I am also nervous as hell around shrinks which goes back to my youth, when as a rebel I spoke badly to one and they practically threw the axe at me, luckily the Judge did listen and california law was changed after my testimony that day to protect others and thousands of juveniles were released within the next couple of months...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Another important question is the accuracy of the tests which were probably not created for the tests to be taken 'during' and ongoing disaster of this porportion.

edit on 14-9-2010 by antar because: They are going to need some attorneys down there to help these people if the GOV starts falsely labeling DURING the worst disaster in US history...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In the spirit of ATS I can come up with another scenario here although it may belong in the Skunkworks. You recall after Katrina they disarmed residents based on reports of events that never happened?

If you have any mental disability, you can not own a gun. All that needs to happen is for you to be shown to have a mental disorder and it be noted in any government document.

Perhaps the follow up visits will include searches for guns to remove them? Diagnosed mental illness would be a handy excuse. Can't have those crazy Mardi Gras revelers armed, can we?

Of course people are depressed! That is not mental illness, its a normal reaction to hard times. People don't need a Shrink, they need a job and a future. Those who are suffering due to the spill need for the government (Obama) to stop sitting on that money they seized and give it to them before it finds its way into some Special Interests pocket. Paid bills and full cupboards can cure lots of ills.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

well, apparently the powers that be are beginning to realize that there ARE adverse effects to the oil spill. I am certain of two things.

1. There will be much sickness and early deaths as a result of the spill.

2. BP will NOT be held accountable.

Good post with a lot of effort. S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Really great point you make there, and its not far of a stretch...in fact its not a stretch at all to think that this type of sabotage could come into play. I think that if BP and The Feds use Homeland to protect the corrupt, and harrass the scientists, and biologists, its logical thinking actually to see them in to future painting any vocalists to be "in need of mental health care". Its a quick easy way to cast doubt, and even discredit an otherwise reputable individual.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Right and unfortunately at this point all the billions allocated are not finding there way to the families who have suffered the greatest.

The ongoing medical problems are something yet to be discovered, but the immediate needs of the displaced are apparent.

They need real Advocates, you know how the TV commercials always have the Law firms stating, "If you were injured by, such and such... Call So and so Lawfirm for help..."

A massive class action suit needs to be filed NOW, as these can take up to 10 + years to see the money. The Attorneys of course get 80 % and the people actually very little, but we are talking Trillions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join