It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty WSP trooper shoots home intruder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

...the [off duty] trooper went outside Saturday shortly before midnight to check out a car on his property. When he identified himself as a law enforcement officer to the driver, a fight began and the trooper was struck in the head by a steel rod. Deputies say the trooper was able to struggle to his feet and when his attacker refused to comply with his commands, resorted to lethal force.
Source

This is interesting and sounds awfully similar to another story that was discussed here recently although the outcome was different. If I understand correctly, the difference here is that the off duty trooper was struck so therefore he was legally allowed to take lethal force against the intruder as a citizen? How does it play into the situation that he was off duty but still identified himself as a LEO? This should make for a fascinating discussion here. There doesn't seem to be much information available yet.

There's a little more information at these two links.

Source
Source
Source

edit on 9/13/2010 by Three_moons because: added links

edit on 9/13/2010 by Three_moons because:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters that he was a police officer. He had the right to defend himself and his property.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We have to ahve the right to defend what is ours, pig or not.

The old man in the other case should never have been arrested it was an outrage.

Good for this guy for defending what is his in my opinion if you trespass be prepared to get blown away.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

He's a LEO whether on duty or not.

If he was assaulted before drawing a gun he can obviously claim self defense. It's really not at all like the guy who fired warning shots toward a gang when they had done nothing physical to him.

new topics

top topics

join