It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
Fr On the other hand, some of the best men with best DNA 'traits' were killed in battle while the 'other' ones were at home perhaps eating mommas cookin or watching re-runs of Mash while breeding fellow rascals.

The best DNA traits? And what would that be? Maybe you're interested in a big strong man, but most women I know are looking for a little bit more than that. And it has nothing to do "warrior" DNA. And I can speak with some authority on this because I am in a relationship with a wonderful, independent, strong willed, beautiful and intelligent woman. And she, like the other wonderful, independent, strong willed, beautiful and intelligent women I've been with never mentioned my warrior qualities as a foundation of their endearment or attraction to me. I feel that that whole "I'm a bad ass, masculine, tough guy" thing is part of what the problem is with the male/female relationship thing. It aint , the 50's anymore guys. I think that too many of my my gender are makng that mistake. The women I've known want to meet men that are strong, but sensitive, disciplined, but carefree, who can speak with and exude confidence, but can be humble and listen with genuine ears. It is and probably always has been, about finding that center. The field I work in is filled with "Alphas" and let me tell you something. Most of these Men's Men are in very unhappy relationships. You guys may like your men butch, but most women I know just laugh with their girlfriends about Butch then talk about how quick they burned out the batteries on their Jackrabbits while butch watched football.
I think another problem is the women some of these guys are picking. The women I have been in relationships with were just that... women. Alot of guys are making the mistake of hooking up with "girls". Immature, superficial, self centered, Reality TV brainwashed girls. And vice versa. Women are hooking up with boys. Immature, insecure, misogynistic, John Wayne/Arnold brainwashed guys. Boys who forget that most of J. Wayne/Arnolds fans are men, not women. Maybe it's your view of The Best DNA -VS-The Real Best DNA
I think that there are many problems cause male/female relationship problems. Misogyny being one. But I bet that theres a whole lotta things contributing to the overall problem.
Luckily for me, a warm smile, a soft kiss, and an evening of footsies in bed with Ms. Wonderful awaits me. While all the batteries in the house remain unused.
Have a good night folks. Hope everyone finds someone to enjoy their nights with. Maybe there would be less problems in the world if more people did.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I guess I dont see it like that. I just meant he is very manly with great personality and nothing what you described.
Though, not really the topic of this thread
Sooo...moving on

edit on September 13th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
LOL typical Female thread riding off the back of the previous male thread, Must be hard to think of your own subject matter. Must have taken a real feat of cerebral athleticism to come up with this thread, its just like a women to get all emotional and lash out and try to get attention.

One rule that all ways applies to females is that because they are mostly run by emotions (as this thread clearly shows, and this is also a clear attention grabbing move) is that any action towards them always incurs an equal and opposite reaction, I demonstrated this theory in the original thread that caused the reaction (ie this thread) and it worked perfectly there as well. And this entire thread is just a testament to my theory being pretty much bullet proof. They really are simple creatures.

Why do you think women are attracted to men that treat them like crap ? I'll show you.

Using my theory that any action towards women will cause and equal and opposite reaction:

Guy treats women like crap = women loves him more, which is the equal and opposite reaction.

Guy Ignores women = Women does not leave you alone, which is the equal and opposite reaction.

Guy loves women to much = women needs space and tries to get away and starts to dislike you, which is the equal and opposite reaction.

and this is why you get the very famous quote "Treat em mean keep em keen"

There are many many other examples and I'm sure a lot of guys have experienced this type of behavior ... if you don't think this is correct, I implore you to try it, it will work every time from the small things to the large things.

Also the other funny behavior they display is when your dating 2 women at once and they find out about it, instead of getting pissed at you they fight against each other to "win" the guy and almost 100% of the time forget about the fact that it was "you" who was dating the 2 women hehe.

Guy goes for another women = women fights harder to be with you ?

anyone starting to see a pattern here

So you see women its is your reaction to outside stimulus that ruins relationships not the men. So ill wait for the irrational response to this which wont actually tackle the subject matter i brought up (because they can't) it will just say I'm sexist or something like that and have no substance at all ... just watch guys, we can be like the film crew watching hiding in the bushes waiting for the inevitable traits of this animal. shhhh just watch.

edit on 13/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
To me, this post illustrates the one HUGE problem with feminism.

You saw a post that made some great points about feminism..and you saw it as misogyny. And so you wanted to turn it around...NOT to make men and women equal (which is what feminist say is what they want...but it truly isn't)...you wanted to place all the blame on MEN...you wanted women to look SUPERIOR.

And that is the problem I have with feminism...it seems a portion of them don't want equality...they want role reversal...and this post is a perfect example of that.

There was not one positive, truthful or honest post written aganist feminism, on that whole midogynist thread, as the definition of feminism is equality, and I don't think hatred against women in writing should be legal.

Its a gender thing too, you'd have to be one of the majority of the population to get it for sure, however, I was pleasantly surprised on that thread to notice there were a few really good posts, by some of the men, including skyfloating, all about choice.

Considering that all the men in my family were feminists, and believed in work of equal value, child care being equal to any engineer, and should be equally compensated as well, without forcing anyone to moonlight extra jobs, unless they were well endowed with energy and driven to, in which case that was choice as well.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I just meant he is very manly with great personality and nothing what you described.

I am not saying he is a bad person, I am just saying he once bit the testicles off of a lamb. It's exactly that sort of behavior that women would find quite appealing. The emasculating imagery that must conjure up in the feminine mind probably does make Mr. Rowe attractive.

edit on 9/13/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by hotbakedtater

Have to comment here: as some others have stated six of one half dozen of another I am a male and have encountered both men with little regard for women and vica versa. What I find interesting is that male/female are completely seperate entities. Staying away from transgender and 'confused' persons, the issue really seems to be that people in general have no concept of respect, integrity and love. We all KNOW that the minds of both genders operate differently from one another. Sadly instead of cherishing these differences we slander/degrade that which is misunderstood. As an American I am mind boggled by the way women are portrayed in popular culture. We are quickly dropping our values/morals for an evolutionist view that degrades men/women to the level of animal. If that is all we are then this issue is moot. We would just be reactioninary creatures-not capable of controlling our emotions. In which case there is no one to blame... We're just animals.
Contrary to this is the idea that everyone is unique. All are sovreign. It is our duty to uplift eachother and reprimand those who would seek to tear down.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hmmmm, all I see here is alot of chips on shoulders, and alot of "I'm right, you're wrong", mixed in with a heap of the good old "poor me" attitude.

If there is a problem - fix it. You don't like something - change it. Someone annoying you - tell them to stop annoying you. Someone being sexist - confront them about it. It isn't all that hard to go up to someone and tell them "I don't like what you are doing. Please stop it."

Sitting around whinging about a problem doesn't fix the problem. There are too many people that have the "woe is me" attitude in the world today, and instead of DOING something about it, they chose to complain about it, instead of FIXING the problem. This goes for both men AND women. There are men in the world that are complete arseholes, but guess what, there are plenty of women out there that are the same.

At the end of the day, it's up to each individual to take responsibility for whats happening. Each one of us must take action for what is wrong. Feminism and Misogyny are just buzz words that women and men use to try to apportion blame on the other sex. Instead of trying to fix the problem, each sex tries to comfort themselves by saying "It's not my fault! It's because of Men/Women!"

Maybe if each side hardened up a bit, and tried not blaming the other, and portioned the blame to the PERSON instead of the sex, things may not be so bad. But thats just my honest opinion. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me, because that would fix the problem of me being wrong.

Edit 2 - Just another thought. Maybe, and just maybe, these people aren't Femnazis and Misogynists. Maybe they are just plain old moronic arseholes. Has anyone ever stopped to consider that for a minute or 2???

edit on 13-9-2010 by TerribleTeam2 because: Spelling/Grammar

edit on 13-9-2010 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
These threads are comedy gold.

On a serious note, it seems many of the 'young men' growing up in today's world lack a proper role model.

Allow me to help out.

YES!

YES!

YES!

MAYBE!

NO!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

"It is my opinion that women should be avoided at all costs, it's simply not worth the trouble to be in a relationship with one. Too much drama, too many hormones, and way WAY too many chemicals in the bathroom. Did you know that you can make at least 7 different explosives from the contents of the average woman's medicine cabinet?"

Wow dude you really must of been on the wrong end of a evil sexy female plot, and no dought it probably involved some sort of love dilemma, there is always a carot dangling in front of the horse...But yes in general women should be avoided, and they are all drama and hormones, but this is precisely the reason why the male types should be educated, I mean I seen what they teach boys in the education facilities, schools or whatever there called, it's all from a female perspective, so therefore its all idealistic bull, probably some females decided that they should teach young men what women want, and how to get it...but along the way they forgot that females in general are full of themselves and have no clue on what males are like, or even know the nature of females much less males...And if they followed there teachings that boy will end up alone, broke, and most likely dead to....I never really believed there was such a thing as feminism, but I dont hang around with women much because they seem like bad actors to me, with them it's all about sex and the money's, and they want you to pretend it's not ...That is till I came to this site and found out that people and females in general actually believe all the stuff they hear and see on tv and is told by feminists and other ism's....And now I am actually more intrested in them....So yes your better off doing something else with your life then dealing with women....you know build a house or a robot or write a book or whatever. And yes I knew you could blow stuff up with the things females keep in the bathroom, I just never knew there were more then 3 kinds of exploitative's you could make....But overall females arent all that bad, there just not as great as they want you to believe they are....they are after all "wo- men" and even these feminist's have some good points concerning the male gender....You and the op have somethings in common me thinks.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Intresting, your right though.... but I wouldn't say its just women who are predictable, I mean what are the chances that you would respond to a response by some woman who responded to another thread, by some dude who got people to respond to a sensitive issue...I mean what are the odds of that happening,... and since im going on what are the chances that I myself would respond to this circle of sensitivity, on a sensitive subject to lots of people....Do you have to be a genius to see that pattern.... But since were predicting things I predict that this thread will soon be dead.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It's the bad apples in society that is messing with the good ones out there. Like vampires they just feed off the innocent and put them in a dark place. Negativity breeds negativity. Try rising above the victim mentality and see where that takes you. All I see here are people blaming this and that. Blame it on feminism...misogyny...all you want...but take a REAL GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU DO.

It's IMPOSSIBLE that this is ALL BECAUSE of misogyny and feminism. It's only possible if you are able to IGNORE the exceptions out there. And if you ignore the exceptions and not learn from it...that makes you ignorant.

Why are there couples out there who get married have children, and love each other when as they got older as much as they did when they were young. What did they get right that YOU didn't?

How come they can do it and some people can't seem to figure it out? What kind of person did they marry??? Do they let themselves get walked on? What kind of girl did you date?? Did she have an alpha personality? Were you are dating a jerk? Was she/he both your best friend, and lover...or just a lover?

Be honest.

If you were dealt with a bad card. Rise above it.

P.S. I also think it's pointless to blame on a time period. If you do that, you could take it back a step further and blame the conservative freaks that gave rise to the counter culture of angry females. Or better yet, how about the invention of TV? Putting all these ideas into people's heads that we all have to date only good looking shallow people.

And don't forget the drugs use that exploded in the 60's and further deteriorated families and society.

You can go even further than that and blame the great depression for the rise of ultra conservative hard ass parents that pissed off their rebellious children...!

How about you all just get honest and get the # over yourselves? LEARN TO LIVE, and LIVE to LEARN. Learn from your mistakes. Learn to weed the bad apples from the good ones. DON"T BE SO NAIVE. I can't believe how naive people are these days and then whine about the hot blondie that cheated on you. YOU THINK?!

Perhaps this is why society is obsessed with vampires? Maybe they got something in common? Bella the dumb ass female who goes for the asshole but oh so dreamy vampire instead of going with the loyal friend willing to look out for you. This applies to men because there are FAR too many men who try to date out of their league and cry about being dumped later. And hypocrite males that complain about these women...until they get rich...then all of a sudden they are dating the women they hated!

People just don't know how to look under the exterior anymore. They don't even know how to look at themselves!

PS...to the OP this response wasn't just directed at you, mainly to the people who've responded that I won't call out.

edit on 14-9-2010 by mishmallow8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
God forbid they compliment a women - lawsuit of harassment may happen. Or God forbid they open a door for a woman and she screams at him "Im a woman! I can do it myself!"

I was raised by a feminist and completely support women as equals whether it be in wages or in sharing political power.

I do feel however that women can be fickle in their expectations about men's behavior. Sensitive and sweet while being powerful and masculine. An alpha male who pets kittens, races cars and composes poetry in his spare time. . A bit of an exaggeration, but not really. .

I have dated women who criticize me for walking in front of them because it is a dominating behavior, so the next woman I dated I walked behind. . Sure enough, I was being too submissive and the new girlfriend was not pleased. So I finally figured it out walk alongside. . Not good enough, I was told, you need to walk between the girl and the street to "protect" her from traffic. . Then after that, it was stop walking ahead of me. .
This is seriously ridiculous, no wonder men are frustrated by the roles they are expected to play. Don't even get me started with who is paying for dinner. . That is a minefield as well! If you are lucky, you will guess the right thing. .

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Men, it is I whatukno, President of the ATS Chapter of the benevolent fraternal order of No Ma'am here to help.

No Ma'am!

Because there are times in a man's life when he has got to say No Ma'am!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 9/14/2010 by whatukno because: Dbl post

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I just want some sort of subtle code to let me know if it is okay to offer to split dinner or if it is expected that I pay.

If you offer to pay, some women get immediately flustered and assume that you are "paying" to get them in the sack, or worse, a secret misogynist. If you offer to split the bill, some women will get upset (and offended), that you are not "old fashioned" enough for them. Sometimes I wonder if they want both!

Just a subtle code, like what some gangs do, you know, like a colored handkerchief in the back pocket. . .

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

There is no code, women do that on purpose to keep you guessing because it's a sick twisted game for them. For a woman the worst thing a man can be is happy, comfortable and content. This drives a woman absolutely insane and she will do whatever it is she can to disrupt these feelings. It's written into their DNA.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
I have dated women who criticize me for walking in front of them because it is a dominating behavior, so the next woman I dated I walked behind. .

...don't you think you are making the mistake assuming what the next person likes based on your ex?? Have you ever wondered if that was the reason you get confused all the time?? Your dating multiple different personalities.They will not all be the same.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
In terms of those inquiring about women's use of sexual desire for their own ends, have a look at the latest infidelity allegation against the football/soccer player Wayne Rooney. You will notice that the prostitute he had sex with made comments such as "I can't believe he would do that to his wife, while she was pregnant. I would never do that!" It was also reported that he began to cry afterwards and say things like "how could I do that!".

Now, of course the media has portrayed Rooney as the "average man" that cannot control himself, even when his wife is pregnant. What the media failed to address is why the prostitute went ahead with it knowing he was married and his wife was expecting a child. She was aware this would damage his marriage, hurt his wife and harm his career. This did not stop her from spreading the word soon afterwards even when he pleaded for her not to.

This is certainly not the first time such as thing like this has happened. It seems Money and Fame are more important than Professionalism and Respect.

edit on 14/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
its not only ruining m-f relations
its ruining the world
good thread and subject
love between male and female is the most beatifull thing or even holiest
i personally gotta lotta love for woman,and hate how they look at thmself because the mind control commerials etc.
if u love ursellf others will to i feel
icey

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I just want some sort of subtle code to let me know if it is okay to offer to split dinner or if it is expected that I pay.

If you offer to pay, some women get immediately flustered and assume that you are "paying" to get them in the sack, or worse, a secret misogynist. If you offer to split the bill, some women will get upset (and offended), that you are not "old fashioned" enough for them. Sometimes I wonder if they want both!

Just a subtle code, like what some gangs do, you know, like a colored handkerchief in the back pocket. . .

You don't need a subtle code. Don't be subtle. Your problem is you keep changing yourself to appease the next. If you had kept walking in front the second girl she wouldn't have complained. If you keep offering to pay for dinner, the next woman wouldn't have gotten offended. Do you see what I'm getting at here? Just be yourself.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join