It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
Feminists gloating over sexual power over men????? Have you ever met a feminist woman? I can assure you that you have not many. Your comment about sexual power over men is the antithesis of feminist theory. If you wanted to understand capitalism would you got to a market trader or an economist???

I said ''extreme feminists'', as I didn't want to overuse the term ''feminazis''.

I do know plenty of feminists, some genuine, some little more than bitter, jealous man-haters.

It's the latter that I was referring to in my comment.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Do you believ ein the Happy hooker? I don't. These jobs may appear demaning to you. I do not believe that you have any special insight so the people that do thes jobs must also know they are demeaning. However not everyone can get the job they want and not everyone has the options or the luck that some have. Meanwhile who wants to be on welfare??

Having no money for the basics in life stinks!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Instead of always looking for something to blame, we should have an open-dialogue on how social engineering has destroyed the male-female relationship.

I don't blame feminism, but rather the loss of the middle class, which forces both parents to work. This deprives children of attention that they need from both parents. I have noticed a trend around here where the men stay home to take care of the kids while the women work. There are really many factors at play but it's just flat-out stupid to claim that feminism and/or misogyny are to blame.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I've met some single women that claimed that they don't need a man in their lives. I find it a bit selfish only because the child will not have a father figure, unless they have uncles or grandfathers.

To each their own.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
Do you believ ein the Happy hooker? I don't. These jobs may appear demaning to you. I do not believe that you have any special insight so the people that do thes jobs must also know they are demeaning. However not everyone can get the job they want and not everyone has the options or the luck that some have. Meanwhile who wants to be on welfare??

Having no money for the basics in life stinks!

This would be true, if there weren't other options available.

Clearly, the majority of women that are in financial problems, don't turn to selling their body one way or another.

Welfare may be bad, but it's better than blowing a farmyard animal for all the world to see.

There are some things that money can't buy, and your dignity should be one of those things.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Instead of always looking for something to blame, we should have an open-dialogue on how social engineering has destroyed the male-female relationship.

I don't blame feminism, but rather the loss of the middle class, which forces both parents to work. This deprives children of attention that they need from both parents. I have noticed a trend around here where the men stay home to take care of the kids while the women work. There are really many factors at play but it's just flat-out stupid to claim that feminism and/or misogyny are to blame.

You made a very good point, these children from the type of homes you mentioned grow up into adult hood carrying the hatred with them, it is a vicious circle and can totally explain the trend increase in Misogyny and Misandry. A star for you

edit on 13-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: edit

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
estrogen

it's what separates the idea of men and women - as this nation bulks up increased levels of estrogen are produced in men and the line begins to narrow and the idea of feminism grows out of that narrowing divide.

the fact is women are emotional creatures, who say and do nonsensical things like idol worship half brain celebrities and reinforce each others worth with ridiculous statements like I don't need a man. there are alpha females that avoid this but there percentage is shrinking.

without the need for a man women have no basic purpose and vice versa - they often claim to be intelligent while making such idiotic statements and vice verse though to a lesser extent.

I have a bunch of female friends who are "independent" IE they are all on the wrong side of 40 single, living in NY and I kid you not wishing for Mr Big I mean literally to fall into there laps while there reality is banging the 20 year old copy boy whose into milfs.

it's a sad situation the future but like my old pappy said, just be glad these are the idiots you have to compete with.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Okay f it feminism is good and misogyny definitely bad. A man can be a man without stepping on a women and vise versa. Yes women should be respected more instead of exploited for their sexuality. No excusing misogynistic behavior just correct it and move on. When men and women learn to coexist respectfully and peacefully nothing will stop us. BOUNDARIES!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Part of this is generational. The younger you are, the more effected you are to the changes.

Which attitude will you find more in public school, pro-women or pro-men. It's overwhelmingly pro-women. Guys are not doing as well in the school system since it was taken over by pro-women ideas. Guys are dropping out of school at a much higher rate than gals, and are doing worse in College. The disparity between male and female performance in high school and college is why they made change a requirement in school in the first place decades ago. So gals doing poorly, unacceptable and unfair. Guys doing poorly, it's their fault. No one said it was the women's fault decades ago for their lack of performance. It's hypocritical.

I know about the healthcare system. Male nurses are often sexually harassed in hospitals, but the general reaction by males is "I can deal with it...I guess". Wonder how many women would "deal with it". Even in class, a female professor called a student an "Italian Stallion". I'd like to think I go to college to learn, and not get judged by professors on my looks. It's the same whether male of female, but women seem to overstep their bounds and have the same lack of respect that started "feminism" in the first place.

Even the name "feminism" is a bad idea, it should be gender neutral, or gender equal you might say. I have faced gender discrimination and why can't I, as a male, have a banner to hold? Why can't men and women hold the same banner? It's a stupid idea to call it what it is, both men and women face unfairness because of gender.

edit on 13-9-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My 2 cents

First of all in this mentioned article...

"Another example of an elected Judge who claims rape cannot cause pregnancy, among other preposterous things, such as women should be subservient to men!! Legislated misogyny. Of course you will always have those who agree with these types, and thus the female male relationship is ruined even further, because Judges like these give misogynists a sense of legitamacy and being right. "

Please read the article the judge never claimed that rape does not cause pregnancy he simply stated that is was a rare occurance. he also went on to apologize for that comment. I believe you are taking the judges words entirely out of context and using them to support your arguments. Nobody is going to deny that rape can lead to pregnancy. The judges point reflects his relgious beliefs that becasue a woamn was raped does not justify her having an abortion thus killing an unborn child. Let's not get into that issue here but lets keep things in context with what was said.

Next the judge was again reiterating his beliefs that women should be subserviant to men. Does anyone really know what that means?

In Paul's letter to the Ephesian Christians, he states clearly that husbands are to love their wives with the sacrificial love with which Jesus loved the church and gave Himself for it (Eph. 5:25).

The Apostle Paul instructs that "a woman is not to usurp authority over the man" (1 Tim. 2:12).

There is a lot in the bible that talks about the relationship between a man and a woman and how it is to be defined. The problem is when people take this concept and twist it into their own selfish needs and desires.

Look at the world today woman like men that are a "mans man". What does that mean? It simply means a man that does not compromise his integrity, loyalty, honesty etc. It is a man that is capable of doing manly things that men were designed to do such as hunt, fish, build a house, fix a car, or put something on the top shelf for a woman. After all that a "mans man" is not afraid to show the woman how much he loves her buy displaying his emotional side and his need to be nurtured and taken care of by the woman (which Is primarily her thing).

Each and every relationship is differant and in each realtionship the role of each takes on certain functions. However in the realtionship it should always be grounded by true unconditional love such that Christ gave to the church. Study about dualism in scripture, the relationship between christ and the church is akin to the relationship between a man and a woman.

The bottom line is this if men and women took away all their greedy and selfish desires out of their relationship there wouldn't be nearly as many divorces as there are.

Men are not supposed to treat women like crap and women are not supposed to treat men like crap nor take advantage of them. But it happens. It happens becasue one's ego takes over and takes advantage of the other. Men take advantage of women and women take advantage of men. Why would you ever do something like that to someone you are supoosed to Love?

edit on 13-9-2010 by photobug because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

you clearly don't see his sardonic humor. why, every time I post in these topics, do I always come back to humor? is it because people who claim victimhood and seek governmental compensation or unchallenged authority on subject matters don't have the overt ability to laugh at themselves and others without making it about superiority/inferiority or other personal issues? Even if he isn't joking, taking trolls seriously feeds their power. Good job on that.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbf7240bc9ad.jpg[/atsimg]

As president of the ATS chapter of No Ma'am I must say that Misogyny is a terrific idea.

"Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, the nudie bar.
Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the nudie bar.
Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.
Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.

Where a buck's enough to see their stuff, at the nudie bar.
Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.
Where you swear like a sailor, and wish you could nail her, at the nudie bar.
Where the cops are at the door, and there's a Kennedy on the floor, at the nudie bar."

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The one thing ive come to notice while browsing these threads is that many men always say they expect women to nurture them. You know, be the emotional backbone of the family, the care provider. Yet what i dont see is women replying to those particular posts with statements along the lines of "Thats what i want to be to a man"

Perhaps it was not just gender roles that have changed, but gender consciousness?

Thats just a general observation and is not meant to speak for any individual.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
sunshine? I'm a guy and my art teacher use to call me (and all the other guys and girls) sunshine, it was the name he used when he couldnt remeber a name...which was alot because he was baked every single day.

From a male perpective, i think men (some) tend to be sweeter to women, because women are seen differntly than a man, a man si though and can take alot of abuse (verbally, mentally and physically) so guys tend to act like guys to eachother, cause thats just how we act.

Women, act differnt in general, and see men as the strange acting, some women are as strong( or stronger) then guys, while some guys are smarter then women. instead of the tradional Guys tough women smart.

I don't use nicknames, i see no logical purpose behind a nickname other then confusing someone for a moment.

Although reilgion is a main probelm of this, where they based the idea that men were better, well i will never know, you have to remeber that the bible was made (along with other reilgions) during a period where humans were as intellgent as they are today, lack of intellgence brings sexism, racism, agism. Because only people with high levels of stupidity, would find a reason to hate for no reason, while a person of high intellgence sees everyone as equal (results may vary)

Personally i see all races reilgions and genders as the same, we are all equally dumb, we are all human, each with out own advantages and disadvantages, but as long as people drag on to childism old belifes, there will always be racism sexism, and hatred, because it comes with low IQ levels.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
The one thing ive come to notice while browsing these threads is that many men always say they expect women to nurture them. You know, be the emotional backbone of the family, the care provider. Yet what i dont see is women replying to those particular posts with statements along the lines of "Thats what i want to be to a man"

Perhaps it was not just gender roles that have changed, but gender consciousness?

Thats just a general observation and is not meant to speak for any individual.

you might have a point im a guy, age 20 built like an ox, yet i am not like any guy anyone has ever met, out of dick and brain i use my brain, i find logical means to prove my point rather then use violence.

Perhaps evolution will take our species into an asexually reproducing phase

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

interesting, but I believe in correct.
the music industry has played a very large role in turning women into peices of meat to be used and abused and then discarded when used.
look at the most popular songs by women and they are either kissing other girls, getting it on in the back of cars oe enjoy being lied to.
on the flip side, the men treat women like a possession to be used for their pleasure.

we are no longer taught to respect each other, not just women and in turn have very low opinions of ourselves, making it harder to appreciate the opposite sex.

the media with their unrealistic airbrushed ideas of women.
Women constantly compete with other women in the way they dress and act to get the male, women in most cases do not dress to impress males, but to out do other females.

so I would say that it is not Misogyny that is the problem, it is the lack of respect from both sexes that is the problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
Please read the article the judge never claimed that rape does not cause pregnancy ....

I just wanted to say that I appreciate you looking into that and sharing the truth about it.

The judges point reflects his relgious beliefs that becasue a woamn was raped does not justify her having an abortion thus killing an unborn child. Let's not get into that issue here but lets keep things in context with what was said.

Next the judge was again reiterating his beliefs that women should be subserviant to men.

And herein lies the problem. Religion should have no bearing in anything the judge says. His views on women have no place in the law.

The bottom line is this if men and women took away all their greedy and selfish desires out of their relationship there wouldn't be nearly as many divorces as there are.

Men are not supposed to treat women like crap and women are not supposed to treat men like crap nor take advantage of them. But it happens. It happens becasue one's ego takes over and takes advantage of the other. Men take advantage of women and women take advantage of men. Why would you ever do something like that to someone you are supoosed to Love?

I'm not religious, but this part of your post is right on.

edit on 13-9-2010 by photobug because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I do agree that this does happen... Even this day and age, which isn't saying much. But as a male I don't act this way so I must say that this isn't the case, I mean when it comes to older men and an "older" way of thinking this may be the case but with the younger generation I don't see it. Also religion can be to blame for much of what you posted. I also won't say that any woman that was indeed "raped" either deserved it or was not actually rapped but I will say that I have seen a women lead a man on... To the point that I would actually think she wanted him when she actually didn't and was just "flirting". That said my point is that some woman put themselves in that situation when it is easily avoidable. (Again I don't condone the dead and it should be punished to the full extent of the law)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I understand the points you have made and where they come from.
Where to 'start' is another issue.

Most power so to say in a human being could be seen as hormonic by design.
One's endocrine system is quite powerful when at full throddle.
Both sexes have testosterone (male) and estrogen (female)
It's the combination that matters in one's 'being'.

When a female has more male characteristics, she has more testosterone than most women whether it this way naturally or if she took artificial hormones to make that change. Vice versa works the same way. There were hormones just recently found in a city water supply in China where young men were growing breasts and acting a little feminine. Just a recent case study. It's on infowars.com if you want to verify.

Men and woman over time have changed quite a bit from many perspectives.
Both naturally possess skills and attributes that are 'meant' to compliment one another.
I'll try to break it down the best I can while being as brief as possible.
The following either makes Sense or not.

Men and women have been divided and conquered on just about every level one can think of for reasons of 'control' of the folks in folkland. The last 100 years has really drawn a tear in the identities of sexes, as they Are in themselves.
First of all, see it for what it is.
I have met strong men as well as strong women.

There is no need to 'group' one in one group or another, according to sex.
One may have more physical strength than another, regardless of sex, one may have more mental strength than the other, regardless of sex.

Men are generally much stronger physically than women and men naturally have certain traits which are inherent in their 'being' such as to hunt, to protect, to provide, to look 'up' for guidance.
Women on the other hand were designed to assist the Man with 'their' venture into the world.
Both needs to show respect and dignity to the other.
There is a special bond that should develop between two folks who know each other more than any other.
It should be respected though seen for what it Is.
Some relationships are not meant to last but a day, a month, a year, a decade and so on. Why push any kind of relationships? It's not natural regardless of what document sais otherwise. The main purpose of a marriage certificate should be for support of any children that come out of the union. The rest should be left by the two parties in that partnership. Only they know what is best from then forward.

A woman today, supposedly has the protections a man used to provide from the court system and police when they find themselves in danger.
A woman today has been encouraged to work at the expense of rearing children.
A woman today has been brought up to challenge men in masculine ways.
This is not good advice.

I have met strong women and meek ones.
When they are being themselves as is 'their' nature, I usually find them adorable though many are quite out of shape these days. Every woman has her ideal 'form' though many have become quite obtuse. If they want to attract a man, they must be attractive. Foam shoulder pads and so called 'butch' suits are not such a good idea either. Just Be yourself, don't act the fool for anyone including yourselves. Many men are quite out of shape as well. One's form has a large influence on one's environment as well as their perspective on just about everything. Their perspective Is based on the feedback they receive or stimulus from their environment.

To put it bluntly, sometimes I like a 'strong' woman in private, it's quite a turn on personally, though if she get's out of hand, I'll get back on top where I belong. That's just me. Just don't be afraid to be yourself folks.

Open access to porn on the internet and deceptive, manipulative shows on the tele such as the Jerry Springer scumfests etc. are intentially putting down the human spirit so as one will view their collective selves as nothing more than animals without a conscience. The other idea was to provide an aggressive reason for internet censorship. The tyrants that be don't like competition for your mind. They would rather you see the world the way they see it for you. This is foolishness. In the end, they are fooling themselves. The problem became too addictive to most to review. So, there it is, in your face, and your childrens. What might be filtered at home is surely not somewhere else. It's not an accurate message of human relations done right.

Don't get me wrong about the porn. I enjoy the ladies myself; no shame necessary. I respect the variety though have my favorites as everyone else. I often look at what's unfamiliar to myself though nothing 'odd' or perverse. There appear to be some sexual sadists out there on the internet that are doing nothing but harm to others. Folks should be ashamed of allowing this to continue when given the chance to Act on it when appropriate.

On the other hand, you are 'all' horny beings by nature, if not, something, perhaps, is wrong with you, accepting entropy of course. As long as one doesn't take from another that which the other is not freewilled to give, then so be it. No problem. When one hurts another with intention, they will suffer a price regardless of sex. It will catch up to you. I acknowledge and respect the differences between man and woman and appreciate them for as they are. Careful not to judge a creation for it could have been yourself. You just may find yourself in the position of another some day and will then understand the folly of one's actions.

Unfortunately, these days there are alot of pharmaceutikills, artificial hormones in process foods, public drinking water etc. It's really out of hand folks and this has a large impact on one's behaviors. These 'additives' are put in these mediums as a way of sedating and neuturing the masses. This should answer alot questions as to 'how it happended'. Why, is another discussion though most here know this by now, just not sure of all the players. You know the most important ones by now. They will not 'invterview' for obvious reasons. If they cannot, will not be questioned or interviewd, are they to be followed? The answer is No. Then why do you? You have always had a choice at some point or another in one's life. Many follow the folly of foolery time and again, do they not?

Personally, I prefer the company of women and seek their energy as it often compliments mine. I've always been touchy feely with the ladies though in a good way, with respect and love. I appreciate a woman's feminine and peaceful nature. The soft skin, loving caress, tight hugs, the shreeks and shrills, oh the glOry of it all lol, I hope you understand. If not, so be it, good luck.
That's enough for now.
Later folks.....

edit on 13-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
another important point about the OP after having reread it because something didn't sit right about it to me. a manager calling you sweetheart or "your magic nibbs" is not misogyny, that's chauvinism and sexual harassment if it makes you uncomfortable.

mysogyny:
mi·sog·y·ny
   /mɪˈsɒdʒəni, maɪ-/ Show Spelled[mi-soj-uh-nee, mahy-] Show IPA
–noun
hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

perhaps raging feminists should check their definitions first

as an aside i felt this had to be iterated, or reiterated if someone mentioned it and i didn't see, as people apparently continue to believe and agree with the OP that what she was describing in the OP was misogyny.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join