It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 41
<< 38  39  40   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

You are absolutely right.
Women are half the problem.

Ever seen a movie with Peter Sellers and Shirley McLaine...
"Being There?"

That about sums it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
reply to post by rusethorcain

I can proudly say I have never murdered anyone

truth must hurt.
edit on 29-10-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Perhaps you are confusing your threads.
The truth does hurt sometimes...glad you acknowledge that.
And...re:

never murdered anyone

There is always a first time.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is getting to the stage where some people will want a steptford wife. I tell men to stop whining because life isn't so bad for us. We didn't need a women's movement to protect us or articulate gender inequality. Of course a level of suspicion must exist to this day. Any amount of yelling that it isn't so or attempt to rewrite history as some here try to do must be met with deepest suspicion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a diferent note her is something that cannot be justified. Sorry if cross posting is outside of the rules but many of the detyractors from feminism (a movement to end sexist oppression) would seek to justify.

So my wife got out this film with Jessica Alba and Casey Affleck. Something like "The Killer inside me" and within 20 minutes he has beaten her up and is going to kill her. I just get up and say "This is not for me". I don't like seeing this kind of film at all. Give me Sci Fi monsters . This was too close to reality. I know this is a film but Shame on Jessica Alba and Casey Affleck....

edit on 30-10-2010 by tiger5 because: add a para

edit on 30-10-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
many men are careful to not hit women, because well, they are women of course, and no man should hit a woman.

But those same involved in relation to those men would definitely not think twice, if not would attack the man with zeal, KNOWING that the man won't want to hit back.

And really.. people fall into temptation more than you'd think it seems.

This doesn't apply to just physical hitting but also verbal abuse, psychological, etc.

Psychological abuse is sometimes even more dangerous and women feel they have a right to this more than anything else.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'd say.. oppression was more a thing of the past legally in America at least.

There is oppression by men but only of the wrong types of men. The jerks/bad boys, etc. If those women stopped being with them maybe they would experience less domestic violence.

They are the real haters of women. There might be 'self proclaimed nice guys' that hate them too, but maybe for them it's not without reason... but these aren't really nice guys.

Then there are those that are just bitter, but are good inside. You can't really blame the, it's biological. You hit a man in his balls he's going to hurt and make some kind of noise in rejection of it. But inside if this man was treated with respect he does open up. He's just been left alone a long long time and repeatedly patronized and hurt.

Not all good men are this way though.. some have more tolerance than others, but shouldn't be judged based on that. Maybe some have gotten more love than others. Maybe some love themselves more than others. again they should not be judged.

but anytime a woman is hurt for any reason even if self inflicted there will always be men lined up to help her.. and many women will always not like the fact that so many men are so easily influenced.

Yes they may be but it's NATURE damnit. Women should just judge us as being pitiful and stupid for being influenced by them! We are sensitive to women more than anything else for a reason! At least most of the men should be.
edit on 30-10-2010 by The Quiet Storm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
reply to post by Indigogirl

Would you consider abortion to be the direct result of feminism? Do you, as a feminist, feel that men should have some say in what happens to "their" child too?

No, I would not say that abortion is a direct result of Feminism. Women have been having abortions for centuries, for a variety of reasons, regardless of political sanctions. Feminism has helped in raising consciousness about a women's bodily autonomy however, and yes, I do believe this to be a positive thing.

And yes, I do believe that if two people believe they're mature enough to create a life then both parties should be responsible enough to bring up that child making joint decisions. Whilst I do believe that, ultimately, a woman should always have control over her own body, I do not condone this right being abused. Responsible decisions should be made BEFORE pregnancy, like contraception, unless a family is planned.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

It seems that you're making quite a sweeping assumption that anyone who identifies as Feminist feels that patriarchy should be inverted to matriarchy. Also that Feminists would deny that domestic violence can happen in relation to all gender combinations. This simply isn't true.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigogirl
reply to post by gps777

It seems that you're making quite a sweeping assumption that anyone who identifies as Feminist feels that patriarchy should be inverted to matriarchy.

WTH???

This is your response to my quote where all I said was...

"This is a must see and one to save in your favourites concerning male and female violence.
[VIDEO]
This guy has even had death threats for speaking the truth on this issue. "

Your either getting your posts mixed up or your hearing voices.

. Also that Feminists would deny that domestic violence can happen in relation to all gender combinations. This simply isn't true.

Many women and men will deny the truth about women and violence.This is just one area of media programmed BS for the masses.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

If I've missunderstood what you meant, then I apologise, it is not something I did intentionally.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigogirl

Ok no problem then.

It also shows your of good character to be able to admit that.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I love Al Bundy, but seriously, men hate women just as much as women hate men. Now, to the nudy bar where women knowingly subject themselves to harassment for a buck. God bless America.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here's the key .....stop thinking in terms of men vs women. People all have the same basic needs, regardless of whether male or female. Don't assume a person thinks or feels a certain way based on their gender. Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, respect them, don't stereotype people, and keep an open mind. Every individual is unique and special in their own way....if you do these things, you should have good relationships.......for the most part anyway. It works for me

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40   >>

join