It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigogirl

Would you consider abortion to be the direct result of feminism? Do you, as a feminist, feel that men should have some say in what happens to "their" child too?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is a good vid to watch on equality or as it is inequality in the UK which wouldn`t differ much in all western countries.

MT

edit on 29-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Wow. Those are some impressive videos you linked. Thanks for sharing that with us.

One can only hope this serves as a wake-up call for those who view the idea of "discrimination against men" as a joke.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I take it from your posts that you consider one female life to hold more value than one male life.

This is typical. You take many things from my posts that are not there.
And not because you are a male. It is because you have an agenda you are trying to promote.
Sell all you want. I'm not buying your rotten apples.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
reply to post by Indigogirl

Would you consider abortion to be the direct result of feminism? Do you, as a feminist, feel that men should have some say in what happens to "their" child too?

You would think so wouldn't you?
So why do they keep running off and dodging that precious, noble and coveted responsibility?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I take it from your posts that you consider one female life to hold more value than one male life.

This is typical. You take many things from my posts that are not there.
And not because you are a male. It is because you have an agenda you are trying to promote.
Sell all you want. I'm not buying your rotten apples.

Did you not type this?
"1 in 3 women are victims of sexual abuse and most women never tell anyone.
I know men and boys are victims too, but nowhere near one in three.
I know a guy who was a sex abuse victim who just started to get his life back but went into a depression like victims will and he never came out of it. Gerald froze to death all alone in a big house in Maine. He was only in his 50's but the teenager who abused him when he was a child of 8 or 9...ruined him for any future relationships with anyone ever.
Very sad. Yes, men are victims too.

But not 1 out of every 3.

Now, what is it you know I am going to say? "

If you held men to the same value as women even if the numbers were 1 to 3, everyone of them should be taken care of and had their voices heard. Should they not. You want to say that it isn't there and I invite you to re-read what YOU typed, and not see how someone can make that connection.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Because I am not talking about your direct words. I am talking about the way you emphasise the ills women face and ignore the ills men face. The way you feel women are victims because of men, but men cannot be victims because of women. You imply that women deserve all the freedoms and rights they strive for, but for men to do the same means they are being Misogynistic. Double standards. Defending the hypocrisy of Feminists and labelling those who speak out about the real inequality men today are facing. Tolerating the idea that women who are mistreated had no opportunity or responsibility to change things in their lives to avoid danger, but expecting men to blame themselves when they end up mistreated.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

Once again would love to see you source your stats. Please pretty please. Sadly like always you wont.

And with your twisted logic, because men might not be abused as often, they deserve less help? Really? Last I checked everyone who is victimized deserved to be helped regardless of gender. But I guess with your worldview, men are disposable like that so it doesnt matter no matter how high the stat would be.

edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

Once again would love to see you source your stats.

What's the point? You neither read nor believe the sources. You imagine they are inflated figures from some women friendly web sites I have tucked away in my computer, from up my sleeve or out of a hat! lol
I list numerous sources and all opposition here relies on one woman, Erin Prizzy.
After I post sources your next move is to pop in with how "so many men do not report their own personal stories because they are so embarrassed"....

Starting to sound a little familiar isn't it?
Think hard - I post sources. You say they are rubbish...Remember now little friend?
www.oneinthreewomen.com...

One in three women around the world will be raped, beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused in her lifetime...

Amnesty International
www.amnestyusa.org...

And with your twisted logic, because men might not be abused as often, they deserve less help?

Now here you go again, reading things into the post that simply are not there.

Then you take what isn't there... and try to run with it!

Really?

Last I checked everyone who is victimized deserved to be helped regardless of gender.

What a concept!
So why are there so many females out there without help and without a place to turn or to run to?
They deserve to be helped. Why aren't they getting it?
When was the last time you checked anyway?

But I guess with your worldview, men are disposable like that so it doesnt matter no matter how high the stat would be.

But I guess

You guess.
This should be the end of the discussion in my opinion but you need attention so I will give it to you.

This little nugget has been stuck in your craw since the beginning of the discussion.

men are disposable

You manufacture the statement and sentiment whether it is there or not and I have read these posts...it has never been there. It is in your head.
This is a personal issue, an idiosyncrasy you hold dear and a matter you should actually take up with your parents... if you are able to, and a shrink if you are not.
You have some bad programming and it needs to be erased, reversed or changed.
Might I suggest hypnotherapy?
It is the best method of removing "bad programs" or useless and harmful ideas that keep cropping up due to unpleasant or adverse past circumstances and/or experiences, once and for all.
And you should get those harmful and unhealthy ideas out of your head or they will ruin your life and any chances of maintaining a happy relationship with anyone male or female.

Manufactured outrage.
Feigned indignant.
Never cool.
edit on 29-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've only ever known 2 misogynists in my whole life. And what I noticed was relative to both of them.
Not only did they not like women, but they rarely , if ever, spent time with their own sex. Except superficially.

They rarely played sport or got involved in competitive situations with other men and were overly
obsessed and spent way too much time either chasing women, talking to women, ticking women off or in some way or other trying to get the attention of/trying to control women.
So I guess in a nutshell, misogynists seem to be OBSESSED with the one thing they say hate. Women.
Go figure.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Because your sources so far all have ulterior motives do they not? And where have I used only Erin Pizzy for my stats? Please point them out? And your source from oneinthree.com, is a landing page for their website with "the stat" just there. That is hardly a citation for a source nor the actual study.

And nope I dont say men dont report (even though I believe it. I counter your biased stats with governmental studies.

"What a concept!
So why are there so many females out there without help and without a place to turn or to run to?
They deserve to be helped. Why aren't they getting it?
When was the last time you checked anyway? "

Lot more males are getting help than females but that is beside the point. Now probably because alot of the shelters out there are corrupt, I can source that if you would like too. Plain and simple the services are there for females, it isn't for males.
As for when was the last time I checked, if you read the posts as you say you would see where I already said that it might of changed, but its been about 3 years.

All your posts imply that men are disposable, if you do not like how people take what you have to say, then perhaps you should come up with a better way to say it. Not to mention the way you minimize and marginalize male dv victims

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a response. But by all means continue trying to attack me instead of my arguments. It doesn't, make me look bad and shows how weak your arguments actually are.

[]
edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: Spelling and grammar (sorry should be sleeping now)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I can't think of a single male in my life who has never been beaten.

Any males on this thread never been hit, kicked etc. etc. (?).

One out of three (?) for men it's probably 98 out of 100.
edit on 29-10-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

But you don't matter your not female remember. If you speak up you are whining or you need hypnotherapy.

But on that note going to get some sleep I will check replies when I finally wake up. (should of been alseep and hour ago, dang graveyard shifts).

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

But you don't matter your not female remember. If you speak up you are whining or you need hypnotherapy.

Well a lot of males with a brain in their head would need hypnotherapy to swallow their crap.

"watch the watch,your eye`s are getting heavy MT,thats right MT fast asleep,men are worthless,men are all rapists,all men opposse women,women are far superior to men"

But on that note going to get some sleep I will check replies when I finally wake up.

We will await your extreme one eyed feministic return.

Night mate

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Lol, dont think that will ever happen, I like being able to make my own opinions and research issues WAY too much. Thought I was going to sleep but havent fallen asleep yet.

And glad I don;t work tonight, so should be able to get some sleep before the wife and kids get home from work/school. But I must be forgiven for typos, or slurred speech lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: Spelling and grammar (sorry should be sleeping now) edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given) edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given) edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

Calm down. You're all excited. I am worried about you. Maternal instinct and all.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

you have no reason to be worried about me. You are not my mother, nor any relation to me, as far as I know. Sorry I need to edit alot, I work nights, got off at 6am MST, and should be asleep since it is now 10:11 am MST. I am simply fatigued and tired.

But I see you still do not want to reply, but want to continue attacking the person.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I can proudly say I have never murdered anyone

truth must hurt.
edit on 29-10-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's not even just about pay gap or legal rights.

There is a social gap also. That's where it begins.

But they exist for both sexes. In different countries they are different to an extent as well.

Though when it comes down to sex, hands down there is a love/sex/social gap when it comes to men, at least here in the US.
edit on 30-10-2010 by The Quiet Storm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well.. here it is commonly thought that a woman matures faster than men and are usually smarter.

That's such BS, I think in terms of "maturity" it's equal at least to the extent of one's ability in the gender status/role the society determines.

Women's BODIES may mature faster for sex, but that doesn't mean that she automatically becomes smarter, and more knowledgable, etc. Yea she may have more experience but only because she's probably having sex at an age younger than guys do, also get older guys leaving all men in her age group behind.. which starts a vicious cycle of men getting younger and younger women while they complain about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is a must see and one to save in your favourites concerning male and female violence.

This guy has even had death threats for speaking the truth on this issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join