It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

I used to have anger control issues, when I was much younger. There is hope for people with self control issues, cognitive behavior therapy helps out a lot. It still boils down to choice, in the end, choosing to address the problems with self (control, anger, violence, what ever they may be) vs excusing your actions by saying you cannot help it you have no control over yourself, etc.

In general of course. Thank you for the compliment, by saying you think I am a true feminist. That was nice.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by cavrac

I think both should do time, and sure, because I broke your nose I caused more damage, and since I dont start things I cant finish, I would know that by hitting you I had weighed the risk vs the pleasure of breaking your nose and made the choice to take my licks for punching you.

One thing I notice about chronic abusers, they like to hide their crimes and be cowardly by beating on people weaker or smaller than them. I am not like that, so if I am punching you back it is because I made a choice to do so to defend myself.

Was there any other options for me? That too would have to be taken into account. If I could have walked away, or gotten away, why would I want to risk jail time, when by escaping I got you for dv against me, flat out? Your scenerio makes little sense, because we all know by fighting back you become part of the problem.

But I tend to live my life where I am not going to be in these situations, it is fairly easy to do.

This is a great post tater.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by cavrac

I think both should do time

So, if a man retaliates to woman's violence he's just as much a criminal as she is... but if a man attacks a woman and she retaliates... isn't she a hero?

Now, given the retaliation of a man to a woman hitting him, when a man tells the police about the incident, couldn't the woman just say "He hit me first, he is a monster!" And he would instantly be arrested regardless of what he has to say about the matter?
edit on 24-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

In general of course. Thank you for the compliment, by saying you think I am a true feminist. That was nice.

fem·i·nism
   /ˈfɛməˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled[fem-uh-niz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
( sometimes initial capital letter ) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.

Our legal system already has ample laws to protect women's rights. There is no longer any reason for them to exist without the purpose of further advocating gender inequality.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Tell that to the lady buried in sand up to her neck getting stoned to death.

Or the nine year old married to and forced to consummate marriage with some ancient man.

Or the infant being raped because she won't give him aids.

Sure, there is no longer oppression of females in our world so of course there is no need for feminism any longer. How deceived I have been.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that we have pursued the DV issue and ignored a lot? feminism is a lot more than just DV. I don't have a beef either way but it is just an observation. Perhaps for some DV is the big ticket issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Sorry but there is a lot going on with WASPs in America. they just operate below a certain threshold. Sorry it is easy to prject everything onto the "other".

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Have you ever seen the movie Star Ship Troopers, in that movie they portrayed a society where men and women are equal. There was a seen in the movie where men and woman were showering together in military boot camp. They shared the same sleeping/bunking area. A woman fought a male drill sergeant, a woman becoming the president of the planet. This is how it should be.

There should be no separate bathrooms for men and women, no separate locker rooms at the gym. There should have been a woman president by now.

Unfortunately we are not mature enough as a species to be like this. I do not believe that this is the fault of the man or the woman, I think we are just brainwashed, and sex is being used to manipulate us.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I know, I have experienced misogyny in the work place, I am from America. I know it is not just the "others".

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That is one giant load of mysoginistic crap.

Once again, in the lack of any substance to your points, you nonsensically pull out the ''misogyny card'', in an attempt to stifle any dissent against your views on this issue.

It doesn't even make any sense in the context of my comment that you were replying to.

You appear to be operating under a false dichotomy, whereby you label any man that disagrees with your unique opinions on the gender issue, as a ''misogynist''.

Not only is your tired, and somewhat childish, use of the term erroneous and flippant, but it's counter-productive to the cause that you claim to be supporting.

Like the story of ''the boy who cried wolf'', if an example of genuine misogyny comes up, then your reaction towards it will be met with a certain degree of scepticism and cynicism by a large number of the ATS community, due to your incessant misapplication of the term in previous comments.

Your tactics are similar to those of many pro-Israeli posters, who brand anyone who is critical of the actions of the State of Israel, as ''anti-Semitic''.

This is a shabby and dishonest way to ''debate''.

To reiterate, misogyny is the hatred of women. My comments were, firstly, not hateful, and secondly, were regarding people that are self-declared feminists, not women, as a whole.

I don't hate any group of people; let alone women.

If I label ''white supremacists'' in a negative way, then that doesn't make me racist against whites, just as labelling ''feminists'' in a negative manner, doesn't make me a misogynist.

My critique was on self-declared feminists, and I firmly believe that they have a deep-seated, underlying bitterness towards men ( for one reason or another ), which is the main reason that they tend to be drawn towards feminism.

For you to hurl insults at me, for stating the above point, just shows what shallow ground your entire argument's foundations are built upon.

This feminist wants to end oppression of females, and I am raising two sons. I have a deep underlying love for those two men in my life, and quite a few more men in my life.

This ''masculinist'' wants to end all social oppression, regardless of gender, race, culture, or any other factor.

How can you justify such a statement? Where is the proof of such a statement?

I can justify it easily.

I believe strongly in social equality.

Need I say more ?

You did not even quantify the statement with IMO. You really think that all women who would label themselves feminists, all have deep underlying bitterness towards men?

Yes, I do believe that.

Maybe we have a deep underlying ache for justice towards oppressed females.

There you go again !

What about justice for oppressed males ? Such as prospective fire fighters, that failed to get a job, because they failed to pass the physical test ?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Too funny ladies!

I've never heard the one about ''two funny ladies''.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Brood

Tell that to the lady buried in sand up to her neck getting stoned to death.

Or the nine year old married to and forced to consummate marriage with some ancient man.

Or the infant being raped because she won't give him aids.

Sure, there is no longer oppression of females in our world so of course there is no need for feminism any longer. How deceived I have been.

And you think these problems have something to do with gender? Sounds like misandry to me (I can label people, too
). Sorry to break it to you, but all of these problems have to do with religion and human lust. Not women, not men; not misogyny, not misandry. Again -- building the wall you claim to be breaking down.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

as i said post anything that is against their views, you will get noticed then banned.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Tater its not a minute precentage. It gets less attention, and is downplayed. Latest study shows men and women are victims about equal.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
You appear to be operating under a false dichotomy, whereby you label any man that disagrees with your unique opinions on the gender issue, as a ''misogynist''.

...maybe (just maybe) some folks might perceive the above as disingenous considering what you stated previously (below)...

There's also the long-term effect of a woman being a slut; no man wants to have a serious relationship with a woman that's been around the block many times over.

...since you stated that derogatory statement as an absolute, although it never has been and it was just your very low opinion of women who are not sexually repressed - it seems like the old adage "do as i say, not as i do" might apply to your comments to tater and her misuse (according to you) of the word misogyny and/or its variations...

...i wonder who started that old saying... i bet it was a man with a superiority complex...

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes if an example of genuine misogyny comes up, then your reaction towards it will be met with a certain degree of scepticism and cynicism by a large number of the ATS community, due to your incessant misapplication of the term in previous comments.

...yep - that could happen...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Not the one about the 2 ladies
but how about this one about the husband and wife...?
Keeping on topic....

The wife comes home to find her husband with a flyswatter, killing flies.

"I killed three males and two females" he tells her.

How do you know what sex they were?

"Three were on a beer can and two were on the phone."

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Sounds like misandry to me

Yeah, sure it does, but then to you, so does "I think it might rain today"

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...maybe (just maybe) some folks might perceive the above as disingenous considering what you stated previously (below)...

There was nothing disingenuous about my above, quoted comment.

...since you stated that derogatory statement as an absolute.

No, I didn't.

although it never has been and it was just your very low opinion of women who are not sexually repressed

Talk about projection !

I don't have a low opinion of women. Try again.

it seems like the old adage "do as i say, not as i do" might apply to your comments to tater and her misuse (according to you) of the word misogyny and/or its variations...

Wyn Hawks, your posts used to be an amusing subterfuge, in regards to this issue.

Now, your ''cameo'' is entering into the ''creepy'' territory.

With your ''backing up'' of Hotbakedtater, you have nailed your colours to the mast, and come across as rather slimy.

You're not her boyfriend, are you ?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There would be nothing wrong nwith only championing "your" causes if you are willing to at least the other side has valid points at least in my opinion. For me I would rather champion equality for everyone, and not bother with any definging characteristic of a group of people.

Now I will admit in this board you have been more middle oriented in most of your responses. In other threads though you are way off center, and that is when I have a problem with. Minimizing or saying the problem does not exsit or the other side has no case is a real issue with me. That is when you go from just championing your own cause to being hypocritical, sexist.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You're not her boyfriend, are you ?

...would you feel less paranoid if you discovered i'm her aunt, female cousin, female friend, female neighbor, grandmother, mother, sister?...

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join