It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

The difference in your example is that her punch did not land you in the hospital requiring treatment from a pretty severe injury. It's the same thing with an adult hitting a child. See the picture?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

So are you saying that I should treat woman like children? This woman is an adult, she knew I was bigger and stronger than her, yet insisted on assaulting me, even after I gave her a warning. I believe all men should do this, if someone hits you, you hit back. If you do not hit back because it is a woman, you are a misogynist.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I dont care for Dworkin myself. Is the site called feminesting.com? I will go check it out sounds extremist.

I found it, but it doesnt have forums, is it just a blog posting site? I am going to sign up of course. Looks interesting, busy site, I wonder how one gets noticed over there? I mean, how do people read your blogs?

edit on 24-10-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Silence does not convey consent, it might be conveying off topic, or causes I do not get involved with, after all there are only 24 hrs in a day I cannot champion every cause, do you? I do support many things, but many of my causes are off topic. I am willing to discuss the ones I champion on topic, which is feminism for this thread.

Why does it matter if I only champion the feminist cause? It does not mean I am anti male, or wish men bad luck, nor does it prevent you or anyone else from taking up the cause yourself.

The question is almost harassing because in the end it does not matter what other causes me or you champion! And I have answered it many times already.

link   
yea I'm against misogyny and misandry.

But knocking a woman out like that is not even about being sexist. It is like hitting a child. Choosing not to hit a woman because she's a woman is not being sexist.

It actually depends on how strong she is and if she doesn't back down. A freakin ninja chick.. well you just might have to hit her to save your life.

But if I was a master in some sort of defensive martial art, and I take tire her out without tiring myself out first I would definately use that. I mean it really all depends, but I'm sure that if she's a woman I definitely would have an inclination not to hit her initially..
edit on 24-10-2010 by The Quiet Storm because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by cavrac

Sounds like you needed to call law enforcement and have her hauled away for physical assault. You had a choice, as did she. It is besides the point that this incident took place between you and a woman.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thats not true I am 41 and have heard of female perpetrated dv years and years ago, there was a movie about it even.

1993, Men Dont Tell starring Peter Strauss and Judith Light. It was a good movie.

www.imdb.com...

1985 movie about male rape, starring Richard Crenna, The Rape of Richard Beck

www.imdb.com...

The issues of male victims of dv have been around, but since it is on such a minute percentage as female victim dv, it gets proportionate attention.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

I may only be anecdotal, but I am very feminine, and wear dresses and scarves a lot of the time, I embrace my female being, of course because I am a female! I do not see a butching up of women of sorts, but I live in kentucky, we have a lot of pretty women here who can also go hunting and fishing with the best of them, and trust me no one mistakes these girls for guys! Even in camo.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So if someone was attacking you, would you ask them if they could wait a minute while you phone the police.
She was aggressively attacking me, and would not stop. I do not like hurting people and I do not like violence.
I have a right to defend myself from anyone who attacks me. If the police did get involved in the situation, I would have been the one taken to jail, even though she hit me first. There are plenty of women in the world who could kick my butt, and there is nothing stopping any woman from taking karate classes if they want.

Bottom line is no one has a right to put there hands on you, and if they do, you have a right to defend yourself.

If I am not allowed to hit a woman because it is "like hitting a child" Than I want to treat woman like children in every other way, like pinching their cheeks and telling them how cute they are, or patting them on the head and telling them to run along now.

edit on 24-10-2010 by cavrac because: spelling

edit on 24-10-2010 by cavrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I agree, I do not know how women just go back to work so soon after having a baby, it is a shame some have to, but many people could manage to have a parent at home if they pared down their lifestyle. In the end what matters most, those name brand shoes and the iphone, or the fact your mom or dad was always home and available for you?

I was a stay at home mom for my two sons, and we were poor. My ex got to go to work every day and keep up real world work experience, while I raised the family and did the housewife thing. When we divorced, well I was lost without a paddle and had two kids to raise. So I found work doing what I knew how to do, daycare/child care giver. It was so sad and strange to me to be holding infants while their moms went off to work most leaving the infants for the entire 6 to 6 shift. HOW? I quit a couple of places that were sub-par. I am grateful I got to nanny my niece and for my brother helping me get on my feet after the divorce.

I managed to work my hrs to be home for the kids after school, and though we were still poor (as in no cable poor, food pantry poor) and we managed just fine. I will never understand how women can make the choice to have a kid only to let a stranger raise it for ten to twelve hours a day from the day it turns six weeks old!

I dont think feminism is responsible for this, I think a self centered consumerism society is more to blame than anything else.

I mean everybody needs a new iphone and a computer and high speed internet! Cannot live an Americanized lifestyle with out them. That is not feminist fault!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

Cavrac

I was not there so I don't know the full ins and outs. I have been hit but a woman and did not hit back becasue it was not right for me to do so. I just don't like the idea of hitting a woman. I just told her to be GONE when I get back. No further conversation was allowed. I am a martial artist and I also know anecdotally that hitting some people can lead to serious medical problems. It was an instant call and I chose to back up.

Which of us is right???

I don't know and I don't care. Non of us deserves Feminist browny points. I have seen those with physical weaknessness get hit and theycollapse.

On balance Most women cannot fight. I follow Ng Mui's system and her fighting system is the best for me but most women are not Ng Mui. Ng Mui was a shaolin monk and an expert martial artist but she was trained by men.

Anyway most women cannot fight like men do in general. I was lucky as to be able to escape with dignity I do not like to think what would have happened if I was cornered...

Again we just chose separate solutions to a particular problem.

T

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

No I think you both should have been prosecuted for dv. You could have walked away. I hope yall broke up after this, physical violence is a deal breaker for me. And since your damage to her was disproportionate to hers to you, you should have gotten jail time, going by the details in your post that is.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Really if we want to look at the gross equality inherent in the current system we need only look at accusations. A woman can accuse a man of abuse and he is automatically treated as if he is. No such actions are taken when vice versa. I understand it's that way for a reason but I don't think it was very well thought through as the potential for abuse is massive. And is in no way equality. As many have shown.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

Yes, I would call the police if someone were attacking me. Plenty of women get charged with domestic/physical assaut. At any rate, I think it would have been the best choice, to walk away and let her deal with the fall out of her actions with law enforcement. She made a poor choice, didn't mean you had to react in kind.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

So if we had an argument and I started punching you, and you punched me back in the nose and broke it, but you did not receive any injuries.

Should we both be prosecuted for dv?
Should you be the one that goes to jail, since I received a broken and nose and you did not?
edit on 24-10-2010 by cavrac because: spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Originally posted by rusethorcain
... but she still has more guts than all 5 of the misogynists posting regularly here.

I disagree with you here rusethorcain.

I still have not seen any misogyny on this thread and certainly do not believe that the regulars posting here are misogynists.

It seems to me that you are reading their posts and are either misunderstanding them or inadvertently injecting them with an animosity that isn't present as far as I can tell.

Just my humble opinion of course

You might be right.
I can already tell you are sharper than some of the other tools in this box.
Moving on....

To say there are NOT misogynists out there destroying
not only their relationships
but other living things
is a lie.
I might be persuaded a better word for many of these cretins is misanthropes.

But you can't expect the real and provable evidence of misandry
to negate the fact sexual predatory tactics are a form of misogyny
and a far more dangerous and critical issue.

On one side you have a guy with a black eye.
On the other side you have a corpse.
It isn't difficult for me to prioritize.

Jane Valez Mitchel and Nancy Grace don't lament the missing men in the evenings
and if there was an equal problem
you know someone would get the scoop and sponsor the program.
It isn't there.
Extreme deadly violence against women and children
which I lump together and call misogyny
is right there front and center every single night.
We accept it! Like hurricanes and typhoons.
Regular weather patterns.

"Oh but so much violence against men goes unreported"
...uh yeah.... because they didn't die.

And to argue this well recognized and established fact is taking the violent perpetrators side.

Like siding with the murderer who was abused as a child.
Sad and perhaps 100% true...Yes...but will it sway me from recognizing the person committed a murder?
No.

And it should not usurp this issue either.

So maybe the 4 amigos are not misogynists but these guys are here because their thread attacking feminism never quite took off.
And those are the facts, whether Boyz-in-the-hood are men enough to admit that to you or not.

"I don't give them Hell. I just tell the truth about them and they think it's Hell."

-Harry Truman
edit on 24-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You're a simple sexist

Would you take the word of my boyfriend for a second opinion on this?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I used to believe that hitting a woman was wrong too. I see all the time woman having no fear of hitting a man, because we are not allowed to hit them back (just watch some reality TV shows on MTV sometime) Maybe if more men started hitting back, women would think twice about using violence on us.

Yes I know that if anyone hits me the appropriate thing to do is to call the police, but in the heat of the moment most people are not thinking of what the appropriate thing to do is.

A lot of the women who claim to be feminist are really just sexist, they want to be treated equally when it benefits them. I believe in equality for everyone and no one should be treated differently or given any protections unless they are children or have some type of mental or physical disorders.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

I think both should do time, and sure, because I broke your nose I caused more damage, and since I dont start things I cant finish, I would know that by hitting you I had weighed the risk vs the pleasure of breaking your nose and made the choice to take my licks for punching you.

One thing I notice about chronic abusers, they like to hide their crimes and be cowardly by beating on people weaker or smaller than them. I am not like that, so if I am punching you back it is because I made a choice to do so to defend myself.

Was there any other options for me? That too would have to be taken into account. If I could have walked away, or gotten away, why would I want to risk jail time, when by escaping I got you for dv against me, flat out? Your scenerio makes little sense, because we all know by fighting back you become part of the problem.

But I tend to live my life where I am not going to be in these situations, it is fairly easy to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I was not saying you would do that, but everyone does not have the same amount of self controls as you. Since you are holding the man and the woman to the same standards, and think that the consequences should be the same in either situation, I think you are a true feminist.

edit on 24-10-2010 by cavrac because: spelllllling

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join