It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

heya gps, sorry about the link, its still up one just needs to search for it now. here is a link to the written piece about the incident. It shares the same headline as the video: marquee.blogs.cnn.com...

and lets try again with a different link : video.aol.ca...

While inside the video they actually say how she is in the wrong, and I am glad that they even mention the abuse and put it where it belong (some progress is being made) it still is wrong to alledge with their headline that he did something wrong.

I also found this story. Can someone please show me anywhere in the article where there is a mention of domestic violence, I might of missed it. Had the sexes been reveresed domestic violence would of been mentioned also.

And of course its headline: Former Playmate of the Year enters not guilty plea
www.cnn.com...

edit on 21-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

sorry I put a different link up, and you are correct it is from that. I think she needs to go to jail also, and had she been a man who was hitting his signifigant other he already would be in jail. And certainly the headline would not read "teen mom" couple under investigation, it would be something like teen mom dad under investigation or something like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I can agree to a certain extent, me personally I do not so much care for what a group calls itself so much as what their goals and actions are. I have brought this up before about a group of feminist who call themselves ifeminists who truly strive for equality. Their site highlights both men's and women's issues equally. I have no problem referring to them as feminists because of their actions and goals are more in line with the original feminists who truly wanted equality. Now I keep saying gender feminists as that group that does not want equality but female priveledge. I consider them feminists but refer to them as gender feminists because I know that feminism is splintered, and I do not want to offend those "feminists" that want and work for true equality. It would be alot easier if one of the groups changes their names, but I know realistically that will not happen. personally I think the gender feminists should quit waving the "feminism" banner because they do not work for equality like the first wavers.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So the question as it has been asked many times before, what about when your sons are adults and they come to you asking about the inequities they see and think apply to them. Would you be willing to change your views or would you maintain that they have no issues to worry about?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Your brand of feminism may not support that but andrea dworkin was a god to the gender feminist movement. She can be considered one of the driving forces of todays modern feminism movement. Those are her words, and there are many who believe that. if you care to try an experiment go to feministing and post something negative about feminism or bring up one of the issues that we have brought up here. Please let me know what happens. I can guarentee that it wont be civil and you will prolly be banned. So if you do I suggest you make a dummy account.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

and by ignoring our valid points and issues, while hyping your own you are "fighting against" those that are trying to end oppression for everyone. Just as there were germans who during the holocaust did not want to say anything about how jews were treated or ignored it, helped doomed millions. Silence implies consent.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Thanks MT.

When articles such as that are played to the general public,I`m unsure if I could call it progress.When the guy comes under suspicion for no wrong doing would the general public even pick up on it,especially women in general?.

I do believe males and females are being programmed and have been for many years now by TPTB for control and they have used womens rights to control us for their own agenda.

In these articles from the MSM of civil or DV, the authorities get involved,especially if it is Male on Female and rightly so yet when it siuts the Gov or authorities to treat male and female physically equally with abuse they will,no problem at all.

Police Brutality against women

(this isn`t directed at anyone inparticular)
Its easy to get bogged down in individual squabbles,cases and gender rights and miss a bigger picture.

MT in your post a few pages back you linked to the articles dealing with the "myths" of domestic violence:

www.mediaradar.org...

Within it, it shows that Gov departments falsify their data,to continue the unbalance of equality that we have today.I dont blame any feminist group for what we have today,they have been used only as tools.
edit on 21-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2010 by gps777 because: fixed links.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nice.. truth is being turned against us.

Th good and nice guys AREN'T the misogynists. It's the SEXIST BAD BOY JERKS that are the REAL misogynists, and the GOOD NICE GUYS are just frustrated that women go for the REAL MISOGYNIST BAD BOY JERKS and treat the good nice guys like "beta males".

YOU might interpret that as being misogynist but in actuality it's the GOOD NICE INTELLECTUAL GUYS that want to defend you against misogynist AND sexist bad boy culture.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the whole bad boy culture comes from the idea of fear based sexuality that is based on 'dominance' or 'competitive brutality' which makes way for polygyny harems and infidelity. That in itself is sexist and a betrayal on mankind.

But of course, one would think polygyny and harems are ok if only the "good and nice guys" would be the ones getting all the tail.

Yes, true.. but the fact is, if the sexes were not in conflict with each other we WOULDN'T NEED endless brutal competition which makes way for such inequality, and imbalance.

And the fact is also, people are SO undereducated about sex, especially the different SACRED practices of sex that actually supports pair bonding and love, as opposed to the fear based ejaculatory 'normal' type sexual practices which actually deplete energy and lead to the coolidge effect, habituation and satiation of the sxual partner.
edit on 21-10-2010 by The Quiet Storm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
but other than this. Yea I'm all for bein against misogyny. It's when people misinterpret me as being misogynist that I don't agree with.

And simply for stating OBSERVATIONS, not even just complaining just, sayin because maybe people need to hear, the truth. Otherwise nothing about anything would get done.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

i can see what you are saying, im basically of the opinion that the gender feminists are part of that power structure, and whether they are part of TPTB or not. I think the majority of it comes down to money and power. Politicians pander to causes that they think will allow them to keep their power. So you have govenrmental policies being implemented that cater to special interest groups (in this case gender feminist causes), this causes those groups to have the followers of its ideaologies keep that politician in power. As a result of this relationship the groups get lots of money (vama funds, etc) and the power to have policies they support get implemented. And the politician has his strong support base to keep himself/herself in power. .

The only reason I can consider it any progress is because a couple of years now you wouldn't even hear about a man being a victim of dv. In the video I think they did a pretty good job of not blaming the guy for it. If the headline was differnt and not something that cast suspicion or made it look like he has something to do with it I would of said it was an excellent unbiased article.

I posted the second article because while there is a little acknowledgement for male victims it does not come close to the levels of acknowledgement for females, and still tries to not say females commit dv. In almost every article I read about domestic violence when the victim is female it is always called domescitc violence, when its male 99% of the time domestic violence is never brought up. Just this year NOW finally acknowledged that men can be victims of domestic violence but still strives to minimize it.

edit on 21-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
AND BTW.

The whole being against feminism thing is not even exclusive to "misogynist culture".

In fact, the people who started the whole "being against feminism" crap were badboys themselves. Specifically the sexist INTERNET pick up artist community. TAlking about how "you gota be MANLY and PUT WOMEN IN THEIR PLACE, DONT FALL FOR THEIR FEMINIST BS THAT WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT AND MEN ARE ALWAYS WRONG."

In actuality...

Nobody is seeing what's going on. The REAL causes of these movements.

But just WHAT IF, the feminist culture WAS lead by NWO, or Illuminati members? Also, what if it wasn't, it was just that SINCE THE BEGINNING women were opressed, and the feminist movement did NOT even do much to change the rights of women to be AS WOMAN SHOULD BE, AS A WOMAN.

WHat if the feminist movement CAUSED women to be more like MEN in WESTERN/USA society RATHER than being more able to expressed THEIR OWN FEMININITY, with EQUAL RIGHTS.. not necessarily as being THE SAME AS man.

EQUAL RIGHTS does not mean, SAME AS MAN.

I believe man and woman are EQUAL. IN terms of superiority and inferiority. That stuff's just trivial.

But that doens't mean man are women, and that man and woman are the SAME, now does it!?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It is perhaps that feminist culture was USED against the PEOPLE OF THE USA by the TPTB.

As have most movements.

So please, dont misunderstand me.

No I dont read savethemales.ca or whatever. No I'm not part of the pick up artist culture, but I was there at its inception.

ALL OF THIS has been used against men, to divide them. "Bad boys" vs "good guys".

All the damn time. And PUA industry just uses this DRAMA to make money.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

But just WHAT IF, the feminist culture WAS lead by NWO, or Illuminati members?

You`ll find this many places on the net.

The secret correspondence of the Illuminati also revealed their plan to use the liberation of women for their purposes, as is stated "There is no way of influencing men so powerfully as by means of the women. These should therefore be our chief study; we should insinuate ourselves into their good opinion, give them hints of emancipation from the tyranny of public opinion
and of standing up for themselves; it will be an immense relief to their enslaved minds to be freed from any one bond of restraint, and it will fire them more, and cause them to work for us with zeal, without knowing that they do so; for they will only be indulging their own desire of personal admiration."

Adam Weishaupt founder of the illuminati 1776

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
EXACTLY!!!!!

Now gogogog read my post here in CONSPIRACY AGAINT SEXUAL ENERGY:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

It all played into their hands. The whole feminist movement.

Yes ideally in theory feminism IS good. But the fact of the matter is, THe EVIL POWERS THAT BE have used it against both men AND women.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

The only reason I can consider it any progress is because a couple of years now you wouldn't even hear about a man being a victim of dv.

(Snipped not out of disagreement)

Just this year NOW finally acknowledged that men can be victims of domestic violence but still strives to minimize it.

You could be right there MT maybe it is an improvement.

I`ve still got a bad taste in my mouth from going through this crap 20 years ago when the media would not and still has not acknowledged that men/fathers commit suicide at higher rates than the nation road toll.

From getting little to no support in seperation/divorce situations where the father most often can barley feed and shelter himself and keep a job while keeping up with child/spouse support,if he struggles he`s labbeled a dead beat,which could have been from a situation that was not through his fault but his spouses.

But I commend you MT for having the stomach to continue fighting and informing others.

one of these isn`t big enough pal.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

It all played into their hands. The whole feminist movement.

Yes ideally in theory feminism IS good.

Thing is its not just in theory,though I know you meant that.Equal rights for females is and was fought for from males as well and is still to this day.

But the fact of the matter is, THe EVIL POWERS THAT BE have used it against both men AND women.

Yep,many women also see it for what it is and what it has become and are against it.

I tip my hat to those Ladies with deep respect.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I feel you gps, its only been 6 years for me, and I too have a taste in my mouth from going through it. I know its an uphill battle and a potential losing one, but if anything I am a Marine and a natural fighter. If all that fails, I just need to look at my 3 sons and daughter and want to make a change for when they are adults they might not have to deal with these things.
edit on 22-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

That is an interesting point you raise there. We are often told that society as a whole needs to do more to ensure women are free from oppression and fear. We are constantly reminded about the ills women face and how young women today are under more pressure than ever. We are told that to stand by and watch women being discriminated against means we support or are even complicit in this discrimination. The collective support of both sexes is encouraged. Pressure on Models to be thin, Anorexia among teenage girls, the portrayal of the average Female in TV shows/films, young women reporting sexual assault etc. are various themes repeated and examined in the MSM.

What happens when men bring forth issues they face? They are told to "start our own movements" or "suck it up and take it like a man". (When they do make our own movements, they are almost always labelled as anti-Women and Misogynistic.) The suicide disparity between the genders is a good example of an area where Feminism is noticeably silent. Why? Because there is nothing to gain for the Feminist movement as a whole when statistics surface saying men are 4 times more likely to take their own lives than are women. But there sure is much to gain by claiming one in four women will experience sexual assault by men at some point in their lives.

Those who call themselves Feminists should keep in mind that MEN were instrumental in helping women achieve the same rights they currently enjoy. So next time you want to write off the issues men face as "irrelevant" and "not the same" think back to before the Feminist Movement and what women back then were told. History is repeating itself.
edit on 22/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling, gramma

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join