It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Men are certainly abused also but those numbers are dwarfed by comparison.

And the most she can do is throw shadows at you, but she's always... a woman... to meeeee

Can you please stop regurgitating this lie.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Tiger and that is what I am doing now, 6 years out of that hell and I am standing up now. In the middle of it, and during those situations, I could not stand up. Now that I am out of it and needed to understand the situation I was in. So I started to look at the issues. I actually read and researched both sides of the issues. Because before I oinly knew and understood what happens to females. Experiencing what I personally and then reading the attitudes about it, being told that violence is never the action and then seeing how that is only true if one was female sickens me. Yes it is slowly getting better. But the attitudes are still there. There are many people on this board who have that opinion or that it is always the male who is in the wrong. I will stand up and fight them, I will attempt to educate, and I will fight for an equal recognition of problems that affect everyone and not not just one "class" of person. Gender feminism does none of those things.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I will bite. Because at the time she thought that "all men were the abusers" and she wanted to protect the kids. When she "awoke" and truly saw the issues, she started to help men and women who were being abused. Funny thing is when this happened her name was removed from the shelter she founded, and received death threats against her and her family. Now who do you think was giving the threats....want a hint...the people who she dared to disagree with and state that the gender feminist mindset was wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I never said that you said men are evil. But what you did say was focusing on the only 8% of men who are abused doesn't help the issue. As I have said time and time again ANYONE who is abused deserves help. I do not care who the majority is, I do not care who the minority is. Using your wrong stats that 84% of female victims have 99% of the sympathy, support, and recognition for their abuse. Whie that 8% has no help whatsoever (and are often made to feel like they are the perps just for being male). This is wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

And I understand these are your stats. Hate to break it to you but they are biased and wrong. If you care about the issue at all and how to fix it, I would suggest reading and researching both sides of the issues. Look at stats from both sides and research again. Be very critical of stats coming from or being sponosored by groups with something to gain.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

I know there are quite a few females that follow this board that do not think like the opinions that floored you. Most of the time they are silent on the issue, those that have spoke up are ofter crucified for disagreeing with the "sisterhood".

Thank you for the sympathies, but I am out of that hell for going on 6 years now, and am slowly rebuilding my and my kids lives from all the destruction that went on. Its hard, but taking part in this discussion, is helping my raise awareness so that my sons and my daughter will hopefully not have to go through the things I went through.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by tiger5

There are many people on this board who have that opinion or that it is always the male who is in the wrong. I will stand up and fight the

Well my brother I stay right by you on that one as I have been there two. I still feel that these people are the minority.

" Gender feminism does none of those things."

Well I don't get the gender. I just know the definition.

I will pm you at some stage as we both have had bad experiences. I am an optimist and I know she was a minority.

Have a great day

Tiger

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
. I can see why you would think that she was only talking about men, though; you have clearly been brainwashed into believing that male-to-female domestic abuse is more common than female-to-male domestic abuse. reality.

OK but where are your statististic to prove your facts? Or are we men, as a class so willing easily cowed by other men that we dare not speak up?
edit on 18-10-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I put gender feminism as a way to differentiate between "flavors" of feminism. Gender feminist do not strive for equality but female priveledge. While there are other feminists who truly want and strive for equality. I do not want to offend those that want and strive for equality so i say gender feminists.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Later I will find the stats for you. latest study has both genders about even in commiting dv.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
You have never ever worked in a male office nor have ever played a sport where men excel. For your information modern brain scanning has indicated that many men actually have strongly female brain patterns. The same can be said for women. My wife is the car mechanic in our house. I just wonder how to feed the mice under the bonnet of my car (a joke).

An all-Male office? How on Earth could one exist without being viscously attacked by the Feminist Lobby for discriminating against women?

Yes, I have played lots of sports where men excel compared to women. Female brain patterns? Do Females show "Male Brain Patterns" when they are horny?
How about when they are solving Logic Puzzles?

edit on 18/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...hate to break it to ya, sherlock,
but the dark ages have been over for a long time...

Ok, Percy Pedant.

Let me elucidate my original quote:

''Sex equals potential babies''.

...its a shame i cant use your post to fertilize my garden...

You'd be better off printing it out and framing it on your wall as a point of reference in the future.

...hate to break it ya, sherlock,
but some men want an equally experienced woman... some inexperienced men want an equally inexperienced woman cuz their ego couldnt handle the competition
... and some inexperienced men want a very experienced woman because they perceive her experience as powerful and thats sexy to them...

There's a huge difference between a woman being ''experienced'' and being a slut that's ''been around the block a few times''.

A woman can be very sexually experienced from having only a handful of sexual partners.

Whereas, being spit-roasted by an entire football team while she is inebriated, does not really constitute useful experience !

...theres all kinds of preferences but you prefer no experience... does that apply to your mechanic?... your doctor?... your plumber?... your barber?... your accountant?... oh, they're males - not applicable, huh?...

I refer you to my point above.

You say it as if sex is some highly skilled exercise that requires years of experience with different people to master.

I'm a proud ''male slut''
, and I can tell you that what ''works'' on some women won't necessarily work on the next one, so the experience I've gained won't always help !

Without wishing to be salacious, I find improvisation and imagination to be the key, rather than solely relying on previous experiences.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I think Common Sense (although many people seem to think it died some time ago) can answer this one. Men are on average generally stronger and more aggressive than women. Women on average are more emotionally resilient and open to others about their problems.

How do we determine when Domestic Violence has occurred? Usually due to clearly visible symptoms (cuts, bruises) or anecdotal evidence. Emotional abuse does not count as domestic violence in the same legal sense as physical injuries do.

What are the consequences when these factors are taken into consideration? More accusations made by women and fewer made by men. Fewer physical injuries present on men compared to women. Men without "serious" injuries will not be taken seriously and their claims ignored. Societal expectations on men to put up with emotional or physical abuse because "they are stronger" and should be able to take it. When they retaliate against these forms of abuse, they are assumed to be "wife beaters".

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I Love the Way You Lie

This is a great idea, posting appropriate videos...People are talking about this one ...So talk.
I am a little down today - lost my will to fight. Beat me. I deserve to be beaten. Sometimes we all feel like this. We all play both these roles at times. A mad, passionate bunch. I am Rihanna today.

Fact is I love the males. Truly.
"Boy crazy" they used to say and I know a lot of you here are too - for one reason or another.

This morning I found a squirrel my cats killed and left on the porch.
It was the male. He died putting his life between his female and their nest.
This reminded me - I buried a male blue jay, a while back. Family of birds, nesting on a low branch. They had an egg...same thing. The male bit-the-dust, saving his wife and protecting their egg.

I have had to deal with their widows screeching and cawing at me as if I was an accomplice.

How brave these males were.
It makes me appreciate the male of my own species better than many of you have been able to do.
When you are good...you are very, very good.

I will have a drink and a toast to men, all of you.
Cheers.
edit on 18-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I am Rihanna today.

So you're an abusive lunatic that uses the double standards of the government to get your boyfriend incarcerated and burst into the public eye? Sounds about right.

With the Rihanna / Chris Brown incident, credible sources say Rihanna attacked Brown first, kicking him with high heels while he was driving. But few would know that from the media buzz. Oprah Winfrey, New York Times blogger Lisa Belkin and others all rushed blamed Brown entirely while turning a blind eye to any violence by Rihanna. If the genders were reversed, no doubt the same commentators would say Rihanna hit in self defense.

Is this the female attitude that you are asking us males to appreciate?

Female abusers and male victims are not only politically incorrect; they also don't "sell" well. That would explain why hardly anyone heard about the two celebrity domestic violence arrests of women that occurred shortly after the Rihanna incident. Kelly Bensimon, who plays in the Bravo reality show "Real Housewives of New York City," was arrested for giving her boyfriend a black eye and a bloody gash on his cheek. And the girlfriend of Tampa Bay linebacker Geno Hayes was arrested for stabbing Hayes in the neck and head.

This is nothing new. It's the donkey and outlandish outfits all over again. Female-on-male violence is frequently deemed humorous and acceptable in popular entertainment. Just think of the movie "Sideways." Would we laugh if a guy broke a girl's nose for not revealing an engagement? In The Great Debaters, women cheered when Samantha Booke violently smacked Henry Lowe in the face for coming home drunk with other girls. Would they cheer if the genders were reversed?

LA Wave

I don't blame you for believing her. Like I said, brainwashed; rocks will be left unturned unless there is a vagina and boobs under it. Now, continue scratching at the surface of a very deep-rooted problem. Please stop asking us to believe that dmoestic abuse that victimizes women is a bigger problem than the domestic abuse that "victimizes" men; you are asking us to close our eyes and listen to lies in the media. I'm sorry I am not that sheepish.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I wasn't coming back to this thread as i feel everything has been said but last night i was listening to something on BBC iPlayer, it was a standup comedy gig (radio). Very funny stuff but one of the female comics started up on violence against men and oh how the audience laughed at the idea of a man being raped. Now when it comes to comedy i think everything should be up for attack, where i get annoyed is that if a man had started making jokes about raping a woman then the audience, in this day and age wouldn't have laughed, they would have booed. Link below.

www.bbc.co.uk...#

Fast forward to 25 minutes, if you're outside Europe it might not work, so i'll provided a transcript.

"Can you believe, some man tried to accuse me of rape. Can you believe that, you know what i mean? I decided to defend myself in court right, and i had to explain to the judge, i said alright. Some sexual interaction did happen between me and this man yeah and alright he did cry (audience laughter).

And alright he did say stop it (more laughter), and alright he did say get off my face (big laugh from audience), but he never said no, (massive laughter, clapping) "

Now this is funny, if you hear it she's a good comic, but just imagine a man saying this about a woman. Yet we see no big campaign to have this comic apologise and that right there shows the hypocrisy. To joke about men is fine, even a joke about raping a man is fine but a woman? Oh don't you dare!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Misandrist! Misandrist! Crucify her!

...Sorry that must have been my feminine side showing through.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Very funny stuff but one of the female comics started up on violence against men and oh how the audience laughed at the idea of a man being raped. Now when it comes to comedy i think everything should be up for attack, where i get annoyed is that if a man had started making jokes about raping a woman then the audience, in this day and age wouldn't have laughed, they would have booed.

I'm not entirely sure that's true.

If you've ever watched the show ''Family Guy'', then you'll have seen plenty of ''jokes'' about rape and violence against women.

In fact, there's this character in the show called Quagmire, whose entire comedy value appears to be his less than ethical approach towards sexual relations with women.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
In fact, there's this character in the show called Quagmire, whose entire comedy value appears to be his less than ethical approach towards sexual relations with women.

I suppose now you're going the prove with quotes that any of these jokes are anywhere near this caliber? Take a look:

Can you believe some woman tried to accuse me of rape? Can you believe that, you know what I mean? I decided to defend myself in court, and I had to explain to the judge. I said alright, some sexual interaction did happen between me and this woman, and alright she did cry... and alright she did say stop it, and alright she did say get that out of my mouth, but she never said no.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

LOL.

Quagmire quotes

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join