It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I love to see when people spew spite and distortion at any dissenting voice. It must be fun to lose one's self in emotionally charged rhetoric *completely sans even a trace of rationality* ......... The blame game has been playing since square one. Regardless your rather biased opinion as to whether or not I should exist.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Errin Pizzey is a giant because she opend the first refuges in the UK. THese refuges were places where women who had experienced domestic violence could move to with their children. She is a contoversial figure to feminists but she did a whole load of good.

Now when you realise that the refuges do not allow any men in then you will realise she is part of the movement against male violence or was at the time. The entire issue of feminism for her was immaterial to me simply because she highlighted male violence against women.

Perhaps this trumps your arguement

I respect your POV even though at times I completely disagree with you tiger5.
You know how to say what you think without resorting to name calling and character attacks. As well, you usually present new information rather than just adding your 2 cents.
Some others...not so much.
So thanks for behaving and arguing like an adult and being mature enough to consider reality and established fact - not acting like a cynical and spoiled child, hell bent on getting his or her own way.

That said....

If there was not a dire need for Erin Pizzeys services none of us would even be in this thread discussing this subject.
That proves mine and other posters positions are in fact, correct.
Women are undervalued and battered and it is a severe social problem in need of direct attention.
Men are certainly abused also but those numbers are dwarfed by comparison.

Erin Pizzey certainly did a great deal on behalf of battered women and that cannot be taken away from her.
But she also contends that women do not belong in the workforce and women cannot handle freedom of choice.

I know many women who agree with her on this. Yet it is a religious based social tool employed simply to control the women.
Brainwashed themselves by subservient and psychologically abused mothers, some readily accept as natural their role as second class citizens in the relationship. I realize there are many men and even a few woman who admire and seek out a quiet, strong and yet subservient woman. A few are posting here.
I must apologize to my handlers...(or those who would try to handle me) I am not one of them - no matter how attractive and safe you make the cage look, I won't get in.

"I don't think anybody foresaw that what a freedom of choice would do is imprison many."

So....Do you agree?

Has freedom of choice imprisoned women?

ALSO NOTE:

she was constantly in court for helping women to take their children abroad and evading custody rulings

Don't you agree a man has a right to his own children???

OR do you think like Erin Pizzey, that a mans children might be taken completely away from him...without a custody hearing?????

How can anyone support this double standard and still say you are defending the rights of men?

I think men deserve better than this.

Anyone who doesn't, does not truly respect and value men.
They only talk the talk.

edit on 17-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nice bit of divisiveness, this thread.

Here's a bit of under-reported news and opinion from the oppostion:

Domestic Violence Lobbyist Shoots & Kills Husband
www.abovetopsecret.com...

AVALANCHING and false charges of domestic violence: You could be next.

www.thepsychoexwife.com...

Is there a word for women who hate men? If not, there should be. It's a two way street. Fun is fun, and done is done.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That word is: Misandrogy.
2nd line.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

That word is: Misandrogy.
2nd line.

Thank you for that. I've been wondering about that for nine years.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Misandry
en.wikipedia.org...

Misandry (pronounced /mɪˈsændri/) is hatred (or contempt) of men or boys. Misandry comes from Greek misos (μῖσος, "hatred") and anēr, andros (ἀνήρ, gen. ἀνδρός; "man"). It is not to be confused with the term misogyny, the hatred of women or girls. Misandry is also comparable with (but not the same as) misanthropy, which is the hatred of humanity in general.[citation needed] The prefix miso- (meaning "hate") applies in many other words, such as misocapny, misogamy, misarchy, and misoxeny. Misandry is the antonym of philandry, the fondness towards men, love, or admiration of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Now who is talking to you?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
To no one in particular...

Do you think it is right for a mans children to be taken away from him without a custody hearing?

Why did Erin Pizzey think it was ok to spirit away these mens children?

How can anyone say they stand equally in defense of men's rights when you defend kidnapping their children?

Just curious.

edit on 17-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have come to debunk feminist myths and to chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Here's a bit of under-reported news and opinion from the oppostion:

There is no opposition to the fact that women are often treated by men, other women and society in general as somehow "less than" men.
There are those who try to balance this with additional information claiming, "Men are abused too." True enough but what's your point?
Start your own thread on it.

Newsflash!
2 wrongs don't actually equal a right.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Battered Men - The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence
Gender Polarization of a People Problem
Facts and Myths about Domestic Violence
© 2001 by Bert H. Hoff

www.batteredmen.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Disagree. I think that the male/female relationship isn't ruined, for one, and for two, any tension between the two could be linked directly to the fact that feminism destroyed what gender roles that were in place. It is a woman's world, we constantly hear, with the 18-34 year old female rapidly becoming one of the most targeted groups in advertising.

Women's empowerment centers around the idea that women can do anything a man could do. Some even go as far as saying more. Many people are familiar with the phrase 'Chivalry is dead'. And the prime suspect in the killing is named Feminism.

Now please understand that I'm not against feminism or anything like that, but it's quite unfair to attack the world at large for being anti-female when in truth Males and Females are (at least in my country) completely equal. Equality doesn't mean preferential treatment.

I'm also not saying that there are no misogynists out there. They exist. They just don't represent the entire world.

In closing, I'd like to say: I lub teh womenz.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Wouldn't this be more appropriate?

Billy Joel - She's Always A Woman To Me

So provocative (not really)! Feminists hate this song because it's a man talking about a woman... how dare he!

(Sorry, I have to idea how to find the youtube # to make it stream on ATS; I fail)
edit on 17-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Wouldn't this be more appropriate?

Billy Joel - She's Always A Woman To Me

So provocative (not really)! Feminists hate this song because it's a man talking about a woman... how dare he!

(Sorry, I have to idea how to find the youtube # to make it stream on ATS; I fail)

Unfortunately my Peter Gabriel video of "In Your Eyes" from the "Secret World Live" tour was deleted as an off topic post.

But there is this as a consolation prize:

Over-weight Woman Kills Boyfriend by Sitting on Him: Gets Probation

edit on 10/17/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: added comment, moved text, typo

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That actually makes me sick to my stomach. I couldn't imagine the sentence a man would've gotten if he crushed his girlfriend under his body weight during a domestic dispute. Somehow to female is victimized in both situations, and this is life or death. Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Delete me. Off topic.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Fair comment to you about Erin Pizzey. I agree with you on that. I cannot expect anyone to get everything right all of the time. Of course women need to be in the wotrkforce. Sadly most couples with children cannot afford to have one parent stay at home. I know because I tried it back in the day. It also hurt my career. Still when one of may daughters complained that on of her child carer's partners held a knife to her bottom> I did what i had to do!! and damn quick.

I believe that if some of the anti-feminists had girl children who were clever and hard working they would change tgheir tune PDQ.

Thanks for the kind words you are also a good debaterl who tries to keep to the issues.

T

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You have never ever worked in a male office nor have ever played a sport where men excel. For your information modern brain scanning has indicated that many men actually have strongly female brain patterns. The same can be said for women. My wife is the car mechanic in our house. I just wonder how to feed the mice under the bonnet of my car (a joke).

Regards

T

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why are you guys acting like Pizzey hates equality in the workplace? She simply hates the way that it has now crossed the line and is forcing women to be active in the workforce; instead of having equal opportunity in the workplace, society now proclaims that women are sacrificing their independence by being a homemaker. She was the first expert to speak about this publicly, and feminists attacked her for it, calling her a terrorist. Ridiculous. You think she doesn't believe in equal opportunity in the workforce? Last time I checked, she was a therapist in the early 70s! Give me a break. Also, you say that she demanded that children be taken away from their fathers when they are accused of domestic abuse. True, but warped. She demanded that children be taken away from the ACCUSED PERPETRATOR OF DOMESTIC ABUSE, regardless of their penis, vagina, boobs. She didn't see body parts, that's all you people, and it sucks
. I can see why you would think that she was only talking about men, though; you have clearly been brainwashed into believing that male-to-female domestic abuse is more common than female-to-male domestic abuse. Sorry folks, but if you keep listening to the TV, you'll continue to be wrong about anything but the portrayal of life by the media, it has nothing to do with reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join