It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Brood

Please get real. A punch in the face is violent and wrong IRREGARDLESS OF gender.

Tell that to newspaper cartoons and sitcoms that use this form of domestic abuse as a joke. Thank you, sheep.

Why is it that men are crying about being the victims When they are in the minority?? Can' t anyone count??? Women form the majority of those on the receiving end of spousal abuse. I would not even call these women feminista.

Check you r macho bullsh*t at the door, please. Saying anyone is crying when they speak out for their rights is easily the most immature thing that happens on this site. The only place second to this labeling is online games full of 14 year old boys with ego problems. Do you also fit this description?

Yes, we can count. That is the problem. We count the abused women, and... here's the big difference here... we ALSO COUNT THE MEN. I'm sorry that you read "O" magazine and think that female are the major victims of domestic abuse; men are too -- people just don't care. It's clear here since you call them whiners... proving you are biased and your opinion will now officially receive no respect from me.

If men do not speak out when hit whose fault is it??? Until then we will simply have to go with the facts we have or believe all the crakpot theories on the planet!

"Since we don't know, we must believe what is forked in front of us! Men are irrelevant if they don't report, but we'll still estimate the women that don't report into our alleged 'statistic'!"

Take this superficial crap elsewhere, please. Your pawns will not kill my bishop.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
Personally, I would be more ready to believe that 84% of domestic abuse was initiated by the female, because I see it everywhere I go --

...you see it everywhere you go?... really?... wow!...

...either you're making that up for dramatic effect - or - you hang out with scummy people...

Here's a few questions that I actually expect answered for once:

...guess you never heard the old adage - wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up the fastest...

Feminism has long since mended the wrongs of gender inequality, now they seek to tip the scales in their favor to make women the superior, and they're doing a fantastic job.

...considering your low opinion of females, i better understand the stance you defended on THIS THREAD HERE

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...you see it everywhere you go?... really?... wow!...

...either you're making that up for dramatic effect - or - you hang out with scummy people...

Gonna have to go with option C... you know... the one you ignore because you didn't come up with it yourself? Arrogance argues nothing but your sanity, young woman. I see it in restaurants, "You ordered me the shrimp? I wanted the salmon! *light smack*". I see it in theatres, "Be quiet! *shoulder smack*". I see it in the shopping mall, "*smack* That won't fit me!". Now, continuing arguing with me about my experiences in my life as if you know more about it than me. Please, it would be my pleasure to continue arguing about this as if you know what you're talking about, Sarah Palin.

...guess you never heard the old adage - wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up the fastest...

Guess you heard it too early in your childhood to have fully understood what it meant... unless of course you're going to point out to me where I have denied that misogynistic abuse exists? Or would you be more likely to find women that deny that misandric abuse exists? Let's try to consider both sides of this argument, not just the ones we want to. that's all I'm doing here and I'm not surprised to be getting attacked by surface-"thinkers", telling me that I am wrong about my non-opinion.

...considering your low opinion of females, i better understand the stance you defended on THIS THREAD HERE

"Here's some proof that I am trolling this post, I don't like you because I think people with mental disabilities should be murdered so I will follow you from thread to thread and pretend I'm not being immature."

All of my friends are females, I rarely get along with men. Funny how upset you get when you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Women are great... when they aren't demonizing men for no reason that they can't say their gender is just as guilty of. Guess you don't like educated arguments that break the surface of the sides as much as you like patronizing people. Most of the women I argue with here I agree with on different issues on this forum, and most of the men here I disagree with on other issues. Issues are issues, opinions do not encompass a person, none of this should be taken personally if we want to have a mature discussion about anything -- not that you would know anything about those. Please, grow up and step off, you clearly just told me the only reason you returned here is to try chastising me about a point I made in a separate thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by mayertuck

Another one who can't or will not read....

American Bar Association
The Student Peace Alliance
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
UCLA Library
United Nations Inter Agency Network

....all making stuff up?

Yeah right.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better but, I am telling you if you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem, and denial is the first step toward recognizing you have a problem.

Focusing on the 8% of abuse victims who are men and refusing to acknowledge the remainder who are women is despicable, underhanded and cowardly - a true terror tactic designed to distract and mislead the reader. Typical of misogynists.
Not saying you are one...only you are behaving like one and in so doing working hard to perpetuate the problem of violence against women. On an off hand note, I seriously doubt your work here has helped any of the male victims either.

Hmm cite the american bar association, that stands to make BILLIONS of dollars mainting the status quo of the current dv paradigm. I am part of the solution, because I know that men/women are both victims and perps of dv. I also know that it does not come from trying to control; someone as your philosophy would have you believe. It stems from many differnt factor such as: emotional problems, drug abuse etc. I can not stand violence against women in any form. Just as I can not stand violence against men in any form. That is the difference between you and I. I recognize the problem as it truly exists, I and actively seek and understand the opposing point of view and do the research. I do not just go to a site that supports all of my view.

Even if there was 1% of male vicitms of dv I would want a solution just as if there was 1% of female vicitms. Only problem is and as a male victim of dv the level of help and support afforded women vs. men. look at any phone book in almost every major city and tell me how many shelters take male victims. now tell me how many shelters offer services to women.

hate to break it to you but I am simply trying to bring balance to the issue and ensure that EVERYONE who is a victim is helped not just women. As well as those that are the abusers get the help they also need to attempt to create their behavior, REGARDLESS of gender.

When you have a viewpoint where you can give an excuse for females behavior then when they are arrested they are told that it is excusable because they were acting in self defense or they are strong for not being controlled. In my own experience with my ex, that is what happened during her treatment. Then when she got our kids taking by social services they made her do a psyche eval, guess what it said she was psychotic, sociopathic, as well as bipolar. In addition she is a meth addict. All of those things contributed to her thinking that abusing me was ok. But all the system did was give her a reason to justify her behavior. Care to guess what happened after we got divorced and she got remarried. She did the same thing with her new husband. As for me after 7 years of being hit by her and abused where I did not hit her back, I had enough and just snapped after running around my house trying to not be hit anymore. I am not afraid of her, but more of what I could do to her. So I snapped and hit her back on the arm basically in self defense. So I was arrested also. Even though I did my best to get away from her and hadn't hit her in the 7 years of abuse (she has a record of being abusive from previous situation) guess who still was the bad guy. Should I have not lost it and hit her in the arm of course and I take full responsibilty for it. But it had nothing to do with me trying to control her, or bully her, or anything of the like. I was simply trying to find a way to not be hit anymore. And yes I could of left, but like women in the same situation, I loved her, came to believe that it was all my fault, and was worried if I wasnt there my son would be abused. Could I have fought for custody yes, but no money for it because the accounts were begin drained as son as my pay hit the account. And as a deployable male Marine, I would not be seen in a favorable light by the court. There was a chance I could of won, but I did not want to chance it.

On the same token I grew up seeing my mom beat on an almost daily basis by both my dad and my step dad. One of my only memories of childhood is from being bit by a dog because I was trying to get the neighbors to call the cops because my dad was beating my mom again.

So please do not tell me where I stand on the issue, or how I think. I have personally seen both sides of the issue, and know the damage being a victim does to a person regardless of gender. 6 years later I still have issues with my self confidence, trusting my wife, depression, friendships with anyone (I cut off all my friends because no matter who I talked to male or female I was sleeping with them according to her) and various other issues. had there been EQUAL recognition I wouldn't of had to deal with it. I went to the shelters, tried to get help and was always told your a man we cant help you.

Now I ask you once again, please post some unbiased stats to try and attempt to prove your point.

edit on 16-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Tiger would you want to speak out if you get labeled as weak for being hit, or you deserved it, or she was defending herself from you trying to control her. Would you risk possibly being arrested because it is to be assumed you are the one being violent?

If you answer yes to any of those then you are a better and stronger person than probably 90% of the poplulation on earth man and female. I have been in those situations and let me tell you how quick I was to try and go report it. Or how about this one. When I was stationed at camp pendleton about 3 years into our marriage, we got into an argument and I did not hit her once, but got a glass mug shattered over my head. She had not one mark on her (because I did not touch her) and I was bleeding from a massive cut on my head. Who do you think was asked to leave the residence? Guve you a hint it wasnt her. Guess who was treated like a criminal? Wasn't her. Guess who had to listen to the talk of how could I let my wife beat on me from both the officers and my fellow marines. me. Guess who had a restraining order placed on him me. Guess what happened to her. NOTHING.

So now I ask again if you had all that to weigh and possibly come up with the short stick on, what would you do?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Don't expect a response, these people are incredibly selective in case you haven't noticed. No rock will be turned over unless it saves a vagina and pair of boobs somewhere. Body parts determine everything to them, screaming for equality will not budge the perpetrators of discrimination. they are more likely to respond to this post because they cannot argue yours, so they will not even consider it. To them, this thread is about ego, not knowledge. It's pathetic; my niece dropped that sh*t attitude years ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

That thread is another classic example of the double standards many of us are complaining about. So many people advocating the castration and death of "paedophiles", but having second thoughts when they realise the definition would include adult women who have sex with underage males.

Call for harsh treatment of MALE paedophiles and you are praised. Call for harsh treatment of FEMALE paedophiles (equality?) and you are labelled as a Misogynist.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Call for harsh treatment of MALE paedophiles and you are praised. Call for harsh treatment of FEMALE paedophiles (equality?) and you are labelled as a Misogynist.

...hearing that kind of thing could happen, i suppose, if you hang around idiots - and - if that is a situation you find yourself in often, i suggest you change venues...

...equal penalty regardless of gender is how it should go, imo... karla faye tucker and aileen wuornos are valid examples - gender did not lessen their penalty for being murderers...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

You can continue to go on about how men are evil for hitting women

Men are evil?

This is news to me.

I think perhaps you are projecting.

Show me where I say this, or is this another attempt to put a twisted spin on reality?

Yes. Women hit men.
Constantly.
The women are wrong for hitting the men.
Who does not know this?
Is anyone even arguing this?

No.
They are not.
You are making this up.

You are making this up because if they were not saying this - you have no reason to argue or dispute.
You pretend someone is going so far as to suggest women are blameless...even if you have to lie about it... so you can show how current, sensitive and aware you are in your reply.
Spare me. Just tell the truth.

Yes women hit men. And then the women are killed.

What the Pizzey woman could prove (in her attempt to keep women out of the work force and chained to the stove) was that women started the physical abuse most of the time.
However it was more often than not, the men who ended it, permanently.

So yeah, you are right...women are "abusive" more.

But men are "abusive" worse.

Girls stop hitting the guys.
Guys stop killing the women and the children.

And yes, you are right again...it is the women and kids fault for...

a) aggravating the man in the first place

b) being so small and breakable.

edit on 17-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Your heart is in the right place. I am glad to see that.

And no.... Those are my stats and they stand.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Don't expect a response, these people are incredibly selective in case you haven't noticed. No rock will be turned over unless it saves a vagina and pair of boobs somewhere. Body parts determine everything to them, screaming for equality will not budge the perpetrators of discrimination. they are more likely to respond to this post because they cannot argue yours, so they will not even consider it. To them, this thread is about ego, not knowledge. It's pathetic; my niece dropped that sh*t attitude years ago.

No. Please ... no.

I just want you to know that I am hoping I'm not the only female reader here following this thread because I am totally floored by some of the posts here by my fellow 'girls' and I am having trouble understanding this mindset.

I'm just hoping that I'm not the only one.

mayertuck - my sympathies are with you.

edit on 17/10/2010 by Netties Hermit because: To edit out the dramatics!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Melancholy baby. Cheer up. The boys are alright.
But I think you know that better than most.

edit on 17-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Errin Pizzey is a giant because she opend the first refuges in the UK. THese refuges were places where women who had experienced domestic violence could move to with their children. She is a contoversial figure to feminists but she did a whole load of good.

Now when you realise that the refuges do not allow any men in then you will realise she is part of the movement against male violence or was at the time. The entire issue of feminism for her was immaterial to me simply because she highlighted male violence against women.

Perhaps this trumps your arguement

edit on 17-10-2010 by tiger5 because: rewording

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

A very astute post from a young women who clearly knows misogyny when she see it and she ain't too hard on the eye either...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by tiger5

Tiger would you want to speak out if you get labeled as weak for being hit, or you deserved it, or she was defending herself from you trying to control her. Would you risk possibly being arrested because it is to be assumed you are the one being violent?

Mayertuck I must say a loud "Yes. Yes. And Yes again". I had to thinkabout this and the reason is because I am a politcal person and will stand up. When you hear the jeerer you must understand that it is just hot air. Something real happened and a man got hit so he must speak up as it is a democratic right. Labelling well that is just words...

It is not that I am strong but I just have strong political conviction. If you don't I support your decision not to do so too.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I disagree. It is not mysogyny. It is the lack of identification and upbringing. People are molded like clay dolls by media and their upbringing and instead of facing themselves they make up fancy sciences that produce fancy words which they can point at instead of looking in the mirror and face facts. Do you know who YOU are? Do you let others control your thoughts and actions?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

You are getting dangerously close to personal abuse.

Moving onwards. I am a realist and I am not macho I am merely stronger than you may think.

Here is the world according to me.

1) life is not fair!!!
2) Ones enemies (or those who merely dislike you) would love to know that they messed up your life for good.

Now you may find the second point difficult to understand so let us explore further. If you think I am going to allow any ghastly female man hitter to make such an effect as to marr my wonderful life you are both mad. Because that is what I was writing about. You seem to have an ideological issue with feminism that forces you to contribute here. That is fine.

Frankly feminism seems to be in abeyance compared to the heydays of the 70s and the suffragette movement. The feminist influence has been good. I like the definition that the feminist movement. Here it is

“Feminism is a movement to end sexist oppression” It is very succinct but hey Why should one set of people be oppressed because of their biology??

All alternative movements have their skanky individuals.

The black movement has them.

The anti war movement has them.

The gay movement has them.

So of course the feminists must have them too. These people are in the minority and give the movement a bad name. So a handful of women play the female oppression card or the domestic violence card (it happened to me). They are in the minority. There is a problem with women being oppressed because of their gender.

If you want to know my age you can ask me privately. I am however not interest in yours.

Do you think that I do not care about men being abused??? Do think on. What I have written about is the general whining about the evil feminists taking over the world and the feminazis as another shadow government.

Regards

Tiger5

PS Shah Mat! (translation Checkmate!)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
*sighs*
Sorry to inform the arguers of both sides, but, male needs female. Female needs male. We define each other biologically and mentally. We are two halves of the whole human race. And anyway, one without the other, the species goes extinct hate to tell you. Despite your estimation of our current abilities in the realms of artifical insemination and whatever else. All this dominance and who's the bigger victim is complete and total self destructive bullcrud. And quite frankly, if this bullcrap is enough to trip us up. We deserve extinction.

edit on 17-10-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: Because because because the wonderful wonderful things (s)he does!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I strongly encourage you to WAKE UP. Women are not being oppressed by men. Women do not lack the rights that men have. Women are not a minority. These are all lies. If anything, men are being discriminated against more than women for their biological make-up in contemporary society.

The truth is that men tend to excel in certain fields and women tend to excel in certain fields. This is because there are biological, physiological and psychological differences between the average man and the average women. Lack of achievement by women in areas that men tend to excel does not mean men are oppressing women. (It's like claiming men have been oppressed by women in the Nursing industry because there have been more successful women nurses than male nurses.)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Love people who do not read the answers but see an argument and come on and post based on their small minded assumptions of what the discussion is about.

They deserve to be extinct.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join