It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Sex equals babies

...hate to break it to ya, sherlock,
but the dark ages have been over for a long time...

...i havent been able to make babies in decades but i havent given up on boppin cuz its fun, its relaxing, its invigorating, keeps ya sane, its better than chocolate and not fattening and its great for your skin (ah, the glow!)...

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
There's also the long-term effect of a woman being a slut; no man wants to have a serious relationship with a woman that's been around the block many times over.

...its a shame i cant use your post to fertilize my garden...

...hate to break it ya, sherlock,
but some men want an equally experienced woman... some inexperienced men want an equally inexperienced woman cuz their ego couldnt handle the competition
... and some inexperienced men want a very experienced woman because they perceive her experience as powerful and thats sexy to them...

...theres all kinds of preferences but you prefer no experience... does that apply to your mechanic?... your doctor?... your plumber?... your barber?... your accountant?... oh, they're males - not applicable, huh?...

...okay, so, uh, would you take advice on sex, marriage or child rearing from a priest or a nun who are, allegedly, not supposed to have any experience in those areas?...

...i'm not interested in teaching a novice about SEX - but - if you like being kinky like that to appease your ego, well, ya know, as long as she's over the age of consent, knock yourself out (i meant the knock yourself out part metaphorically, just in case that confused you)...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by technical difficulties

So when people post facts and statistics that you don't agree with you ignore them? There's a word for that, you know.

What stats don't I agree with?

And, I know "there's a word for that" but I don't resort to name calling.

You all know who you are, what you are.

So do I.
It's about as much name calling as say, calling a person who doesn't know the facts of particular subject ignorant.

As for facts:

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Actually the trafficking of women and children involves many women

Supply and demand.
Who is demanding the supply?

When a child is lost or in danger child self defense and safety classes tell that child to "run to the first woman you see."
Not the first uniformed individual.
Run to the first woman you can find and tell her you are lost or in danger.

Now, I wonder why they decided it would be safest to tell a kid that?

The only reason you see more women being trafficked is because generally speaking a woman doesn't have to pay for sex, they can easily find it any time they want. Men on the other hand can often struggle and so go and see prostitutes. Why you never seem to think these sorts of things through is incredble. Consider a nightclub, watch how many girls go home alone compared to guys.

I'll never understand people who pay for sex, theres a big ick factor there to me but if prostitution were legalised and properly monitored you would see a drastic drop in the rates of trafficking. So essentially it's not the supply and demand that is the problem, it's the prohibition that is the issue. Oh and legalising it would also stop the abuse of prostitutes that is so common.

They decided it's safest to tell a kid that because society doesn't like to face the fact that women are paedophiles as well. You can throw the figures around but it always escapes a sad little fact that women are less likely to be caught because they are less likely to be suspected and if you had any idea about this issue you would realise that.

Sadly you are horribly ignorant regarding the crimes of trafficking, prostitution and paedophilia. People who have read about such things and listened to the experts know the real issues. For example Michell Elliott is the founder of Kidscape, a charity dealing with abused children and helping them in other situations. She has stated that women are just as likely to be abusers but far less likely to be caught and even when caught it will often be laughed off.

So i guess you won't listen to her expert opinion because once again it doesn't fit in with your pathetic ideology. And that is why feminism is damaging the male/female relationship, because it is hijacked by misandrists.

Edit

Female sexual abuse: The untold story of society's last taboo

See the very title of that article? That is why kids are told to run to women for help instead of men, because it's taboo to point out the facts.
edit on 10-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

So for those that state the issues we have inequality in dv laws, reproductive rights, family court favortism in family courts, are they whining or crying for justice? Since you have stated previously in other threads you do not see an issue with these things. So am I correct in assuming that you think I am whining about what I think a woman should do?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes man are abused too. However and I quote...

approximately 84 percent of spousal abuse victims are women

Women however have a long history of abuse at the hands of men due to cultural norms. Because they are smaller in size than the man they are injured and killed more often.
If you don't get this or understand this and if you insist on defending and protecting the monsters that do this to these women for the sake of a few good men I cannot help you and you cannot help anyone else...except perhaps yourself out of a wife beating charge...again, nothing to me.
www.livestrong.com...

Considerations Sadly, death is not uncommon in situations of spousal abuse. The American Bar Association (ABA) reports that 50 percent of all people serving time in prison for domestic violence had killed their spouse. The presence of a gun in the home increases your risk. Also, female spousal abuse victims far outnumber male victims, although husbands can still succumb to this type of abuse. According to the ABA, approximately 84 percent of spousal abuse victims are women. Read more: www.livestrong.com...

edit on 16-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Thats not for me to decide, your feelings. Plus I do not debate personal, I try to stay on topic and in general with my statements, vs actually commenting on individual posters. It is not good debate form, and often sullies the entire thread when things go personal.

Anytime you may think I am ignoring your point, refer to this post, it will probably answer your thoughts. You have asked me countless times to make a personal observation on you personally, and it is not going to just begin happening, it is also against the rules of the board.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And again i have to point out to you that the figures are deeply biased because men don't report abuse! Why doesn't that one register with you? Men are told that either women are unable to be abusers, or reporting it makes them wimpy men or if you dared to watch the videos i linked to you then you'll find a woman, who has dealt with abused women saying quite clearly that in her experience the women have usually provoked the man. That means physically provoking him, they have struck him and he's hit back.

There are of course some utter scumbag men who beat their wifes but very often the man is attacked, defends himself and he ends up being arrested. The figures then show this. The UK even has a deeply biased policy surrounding it, a man is to be arrested on the mere accusation of spousal abuse, a woman however will not be arrested. If a man calls the police because he's being abused the woman simply has to lie (and people will lie to avoid arrest) and say he's the abuser.

This pattern is repeated in the USA and Canada (although i don't think they have the same arrest law).

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Another point of inequality.

If a woman claims her baby is a mans then that man cannot prove otherwise. He can request a DNA test but the mother has to agree to it lol, now if she thinks the paternity is in question then she's obviously not going to do that. The mans only recourse is to take her to court but the odds are stacked against him.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You can tell me until you are blue in the face but, you are a terribly mistaken and misinformed human being who refuses to accept well established facts.

Women "do not report abuse" as well and far more frequently than men "do not report abuse."

No way for you to know that however when you either, do not read or you are unable to comprehend what you are reading. Perhaps you are getting your facts from Greece (men treat women like 2nd class citizens there too)...or maybe you are consulting with Chris Brown?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You can tell me until you are blue in the face but you are a terribly mistaken and misinformed human being who refuses to accept facts.

Women "do not report abuse" as well and far more frequently than men "do not report abuse."

No way for you to know that however when you either do not read or you are unable to comprehend what you are reading. Perhaps you are getting your facts from Greece.

I am going on the word of an expert who works with battered woman and in shelters for battered women, so either we accept the word of an expert or we accept the word of yourself, a random person online who doesn't seem to have any professional involvement with the women and men involved or even a general command of the facts regarding the general topic at hand.

Erin Pizzey is the founder of a womans refuge and she is the one saying men don't report abuse and she is the one who has stated that many women under her care have started the abuse and the man has reacted. She is the one who has stated the figures are unfairly skewed.

But you think you know better than an expert like her.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No way for you to know that however when you either, do not read or you are unable to comprehend what you are reading. Perhaps you are getting your facts from Greece (men treat women like 2nd class citizens there too)...or maybe you are consulting with Chris Brown?

Lol nice edit it seems the personal insults and insinuations are coming out again, thank you because every single time you do that you really prove my point further.

A quote from Erin Pizzey

"I realised it wasn't a gender issue and i knew that from personal experience because although both my parents were violent and disfunctional, my mother was physically a lot more violent to me than my father. So i came to the subject with an open mind, and as i took the women in i looked at the first 100 women who came in with their children and of that first 100, 62 could be described as violent as the partners that they left."

She goes ont to say how the feminist movement hijacked her cause for battered women and spun things saying clearly how the figures are false and outright lies have been told.
edit on 16-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Run over there and wake her up (certainly she is sleeping) and then get these stats to that chick...fast!
This way the ignorant woman won't be spreading more vicious, damaging lies and misinformation to the gullible public and ignorant fools who listen to her.

new.abanet.org...

www.thepeacealliance.org...

www.ncadv.org...

www.now.org...

www.feminist.com...

www.vday.org...

new.abanet.org...

www.thepeacealliance.org...

www.ncadv.org...

www.soundvision.com...

guides.library.ucla.edu...

www.un.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Erin Pizzey

www.thefreelibrary.com...

She says: `My quarrel is with feminists. Feminism is a Marxist movement, founded on a hatred of men and a desire to destroy the family. It has nothing to do with the average woman, women like me who are content to be at home with their children.'

She continues her campaign through her novels. Kisses attacks what she calls `this evil spread by women' and is being published simultaneously with The Wicked World Of Women

The Trouble with Working Women

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"I don't think anybody foresaw that what a freedom of choice would do is imprison many. "Many women, they don't have a choice now, they have to work, they have to work hard, and I just see an exhausted generation of women trying to do it all." Her comments were made on the first episode of BBC2's The Trouble With Working Women, which is to be screened in June. The programme is to examine why men still dominate top jobs and earn £369,000 more than women across their career on average. Ms Pizzey recently received an apology and damages after Andrew Marr, the BBC journalist, suggested in his book A History Of Modern Britain that she was a terrorist sympathiser.

He apologized but never denied she was a terrorist sympathizer....which I think she is.

In the Seventies...she was constantly in court trying to defend her hostels against charges of overcrowding or for helping women to take their children abroad and evading custody rulings.

Hey, great role model.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Lol nice edit it seems the personal insults and insinuations are coming out again, thank you because every single time you do that you really prove my point further.

lol

You make it sound like I called you a dim witted, ignorant, moron.

Au contrair!
I didn't call you any of those hurtful words.
I was merely commenting on your apparent inability to get your facts from credible sources and, straight.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

LMAO a terrorist sympathiser? Dear me you need to be exceedingly careful when you use that word, she is not a terrorist sympathiser. Do you know why she received damages and an apology? Because he was wrong, that is why, yet you tried to twist that around, how dishonest.

As for listing figures i have told you before that the figures are biased because men don't report abuse or if they report abuse the women can very quickly turn it around and accuse him in turn, which then means he is automatically arrested.

I have listed another woman saying the same sort of things, care to try and send out a character assassination against her as well? Of course you won't find anything good, just as you didn't find anything good here, just a journalist using over the top language who then got in trouble and had to apologise for using that language.

Swing and a miss

Looking at it this discussion is simply stagnating so i'll leave you with the last word, enjoy and see you around the forums.
edit on 16-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Victims do not whine, they cry out for vengeance. The only whining I see on this thread is from the men, whining about what they think a strong woman should do.

You opened the door. I am asking you to clarify your statement. I am a victim of the policies so it is fair for me to ask you to clarify your position. The way you posted I can easisly take as a personal attack. WHen you make a general statement about people do not be surprised if part of that group that is generalized against calls you on it. I think it is more than fair.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Women however have a long history of abuse at the hands of men due to cultural norms. Because they are smaller in size than the man they are injured and killed more often.
If you don't get this or understand this and if you insist on defending and protecting the monsters that do this to these women for the sake of a few good men I cannot help you and you cannot help anyone else...except perhaps yourself out of a wife beating charge...again, nothing to me.
www.livestrong.com...

Considerations Sadly, death is not uncommon in situations of spousal abuse. The American Bar Association (ABA) reports that 50 percent of all people serving time in prison for domestic violence had killed their spouse. The presence of a gun in the home increases your risk. Also, female spousal abuse victims far outnumber male victims, although husbands can still succumb to this type of abuse. According to the ABA, approximately 84 percent of spousal abuse victims are women. Read more: www.livestrong.com...

pubpages.unh.edu...

Sorry nice try. All I am going to say about your made up statistic.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

WOuld you care to post statistics from some non biased sources please? I can go to any mens rights sites and just post their urls without actually saying anything about it. All the sites you have listed use

Here is a tidbit for you:

"- A national survey of married and co-habiting partners
found that 8% of women engaged in severe partner
violence, while only 4% of men were involved in severe
violence. Renee McDonald, Journal of Family Psychology,
March 2006."

www.smu.edu/experts/study-documents/familyviolence-
study-may2006.pdf.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Another one who can't or will not read....

American Bar Association
The Student Peace Alliance
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
UCLA Library
United Nations Inter Agency Network

....all making stuff up?

Yeah right.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better but, I am telling you if you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem, and denial is the first step toward recognizing you have a problem.

Focusing on the 8% of abuse victims who are men and refusing to acknowledge the remainder who are women is despicable, underhanded and cowardly - a true terror tactic designed to distract and mislead the reader. Typical of misogynists.
Not saying you are one...only you are behaving like one and in so doing working hard to perpetuate the problem of violence against women. On an off hand note, I seriously doubt your work here has helped any of the male victims either.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think what you're overlooking is what people define domestic abuse as. If a man gently smacks his wife on the shoulder because she told an inappropriate joke or something silly, the whole room will turn and stare as if he is a monster. If a woman punches her husband in the face... well.... that's a punchline, and everyone automatically assumes he "deserved it". I ask you, when was the last time you saw a man hit his wife in public? When was the last time you saw a woman hit her husband in public? I guess the latter doesn't matter, because the media hasn't exploited the situation and demonized the woman yet. Personally, I would be more ready to believe that 84% of domestic abuse was initiated by the female, because I see it everywhere I go, and the women who initiate this violence have no shame whatsoever -- nobody will give sympathy to a man who is hit by his wife, he does not have a vagina, pain is no issue to him, be it emotional or physical. All in due time; this will eventually be in a history book and our children will be teaching their children about it and urging them to consider the consequences of fighting with bias rather than perspective. I know it's hard to believe that domestic abuse is just as common female-to-male as it is male-to-female -- the media doesn't portray that image because men are supposed to be strong and tolerant, portraying an abused man would not be accepted by society because sheep think it's lame when men aren't macho. You can continue to say that just as many women keep their abuse hushed as men do, but it is not true at all, regardless of any statistics you bring in here saying that "these reported cases and these reported cases...." because they are just that, reported cases, not all cases. You can continue to go on about how men are evil for hitting women, but that's also not true. People are people; and sad people hit other people. There is no gender issue here at all, it is not a gender-specific problem; please stop pretending it is, it is far too typical of the feminists to take a break from building the wall so that they can claim to be tearing it down. Vindication is the driving point of many of these feminist arguments, not gender equality. I can understand that women would be infuriated about the way they were treated in the past, but that does not mean all of the men are going to tolerate being bullied by them and accept this juvenile retaliation as a rational solution to the problem.

Here's a few questions that I actually expect answered for once:

If a man hits his wife, and she hits him back, who is the abuser? Who is the hero?

If a woman hits her husband, and she hits him back, who is the abuser? Who is the hero?

If you go on about who is weaker, I will immediately label you as a fool. You don't see people diagnosed with fibromyalgia (a disease that is proven to increase physical pain by up to 900%) going around picking fights with people because it would be wrong to hit them back, but many women do this all the time. Why? the same gender superiority mentality that men used on women before the feminist movement. So, we are solving this problem with hypocrisy? How mature of us.

This is the gender equality that feminism wants for our society. Feminism has long since mended the wrongs of gender inequality, now they seek to tip the scales in their favor to make women the superior, and they're doing a fantastic job.

I know, it's terrible that I don't blame body parts for this issue at all. Such a shame. People really need to stop being so superficial, the issue reaches beyond what the idiot box tells you.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

"I think what you're overlooking is what people define domestic abuse as. If a man gently smacks his wife on the shoulder because she told an inappropriate joke or something silly, the whole room will turn and stare as if he is a monster. If a woman punches her husband in the face... well.... that's a punchline, and everyone automatically assumes he "deserved it". "

Please get real. A punch in the face is violent and wrong IRREGARDLESS OF gender. Why is it that men are crying about being the victims When they are in the minority?? Can' t anyone count??? Women form the majority of those on the receiving end of spousal abuse. I would not even call these women feminista.

I have been hot by a woman but I am maths-literate. If men do not speak out when hit whose fault is it??? Until then we will simply have to go with the facts we have or believe all the crakpot theories on the planet!

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join