It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by gps777

So true. Women love to play games. Last night I snagged a ball player without saying a word.
I asked a mutual friend to tell him where he could find me, but not until after I left the bar.
He needs to make the first move. I have already made mine.

Make up your mind you made the first move or him.From what you posted you made the first move not him.

It appeared I was filming a karaoke singer but I was really filming him the whole time.
He knew it too. I tried not to get his date in the picture.
We exchanged smiles all evening. We danced next to each other and brushed up against each other, although we were each dancing with other people. They did not know what was going on. Only he and I did.
Electricity. Good to feel it coursing through my veins again. Butterflies in my stomach all the way home.
He was playing the game too. Sparking up a storm. Unfortunately he was with another woman. No rings.
He does not even know it yet but, soon he will be mine.

If you have any morals at all and intend on any type of relationship with this man,please direct him to read your recent posts here on ATS so he can get a good look at the person you are.

The only thing I got out of all of your post was............

SEE? LOOK OUT GUYS THEY LOVE TO SNEAK IN WITH THE HUMANS!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcainThis was very interesting related to the exploitation (read hate) of women and the unique struggle girls face

No, I'll read it as ''exploitation''. Thanks.

There's no struggle. Girls have a free choice to dress and act how they want.

thegirlrevolution.com...
APA Reports Sexualization of Girls - Devastating

The American Psychological Association has published a Report of the APA Task force on the Sexualization of Girls. This 74-page report should be required reading for every mother, mentor, and educator. It contains a multitude of studies and evidence that girls are being negatively effected by being inundated with images and innuendos in all facets of culture that sexuality them.

This is a common trend that always permeates these kind of discussions; many women want equal rights, but do not want to take on equal responsibility for their actions.

Women have a choice to market themselves sexually or not.

If they do so, then they only have themselves to blame if they are being treated as a sex object.

Women, just as men, are responsible for their own actions.

www.seejanewin.com...
Top 10 problems girls and women face (A snippet)

1. Self-esteem is tied to being pretty and popular
2. The "airhead" mystique: Airheads are "hot" and popular; "Brains" are boring.

Why are those girl problems, when they apply to boys as well ?

Misogyny in Music www.metrolyrics.com...

You may not have noticed, but many girls idolise these rappers that openly display ''misogyny'' in their lyrics.

People like Eminem and 50 cent have a huge fan base of females.

Women are their own worst enemies.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Misogyny in advertising

And where's the ''misogyny'' in that ?

It's just an ad with suggestive sexual connotations.

The ad could not have come to fruition, if there wasn't a woman willing to participate in it, could it ?

edit on 21-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

If you are a gay man... Although I do not believe it is a negative in any way... I do think it is pertinent to the discussion we are having and you should let people know whether you are homo or heterosexual.

I'll come back later. It was a tough question.

No, it wasn't a tough question; just a particularly stupid and irrelevant one.

It's ironic that you're championing the idea that women are getting the short end of the stick in how society treats them, at the same time as letting your ill-informed, prejudiced views about another group that have traditionally been badly treated, flourish.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

So by the same token we should be asking if the ladies are lesbian. Sorry doesn't matter whether you are gay or straight. Whether you are men or women we all are subjected to it. Only thing is one side only thinks they are afffected while saying the otherside doesn't have a gripe. And the other side says we know you have gripes so do we lets work on them.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Feel free to look up the words that you do not understand. Or is it that you are simply being disingenous? Take a long hard look at the woman's expression and the size of the burger or whatever it is. Whatever you write I still do not want any inappropriate sexual advertisment where children may be viewing or the general public

If you have not done any study on symbol and images please make no comment!

Anyway what about the burger is it tasty? Is it prepared in conditions of cleanliness? Is it real meat or what is correctly called mechanically retrieved meat?

And finally why the hell must the sexual imagery nof a woman be used in selling a damn burger???

Not only that there is a time and a place for everything and it (the ad is not there).

edit on 21-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Err actually not all women like rappers of any kind. Also equating girls to mature women is not really sensible. You are argueing to preserve the status quo or even make the social advances go into reverse?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, I have to give my .02.
I am a woman, been married twice, and abused by both. One physically, one mental and emotional.
I am not one that my peers would call a timid little mouse. If something wasn't fair or I thought unjust I would speak up about it. They hate that. Because your supossed to be quiet and do what you are told. But not me, hense why I am divorced. But I did try to be a good wife and like most wives that I know, kinda lost who I was as a person trying to make these men happy. My second husband of 17 yrs, actually said to me "If you think that this is equel, your wrong. I am the man and what I say goes." It was at that moment that I decided that I had had enough. His mother actually said to me when I told her I was done "you know my mother had to deal with my dad like this and , you know when Daddy died, she had 11 years of happiness" I asked her if what she was saying was "just deal with it like a quiet little wife, and when he's dead you can be happy" she said, "yes, that's what I'm saying" Well needless to say, I was mortified. That doesn't work in my world. I just laughed. I couldn't believe she had just told me to "let it go". I asked her if she would give the same advise to her two daughters if they where being menatlly and emotionaly abused. She didn't answer. She just said she had never thought about it that way.
I was never the type of wife that kept my husbands from doing things they wanted to do, it was more like I was kept from doing things that I wanted to do. I wanted to be "with" my husband not "for" my husband to rule.(does that make sense?)
I would rather be alone than unhappy.
I will NEVER get married again, let alone live with a man. I will not be ruled. Nor do I want to rule anyone.
I would like to have a partner in every sense of the word. But I am thinking that that doesn't exist.
sorry for the rambling

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zosocoda

Very dangerous attitude to have toward 50% of the population based on some very specific incidences. It's a shame that the men you have been with are so closed-minded and pathetic, but lets not pretend that there aren't millions of women who do this exact same thing to men constantly while the general population treats it as a huge joke. Tell me, if your son was being controlled in this way by his wife, what would you say to him? Guaranteed most parents would laugh and tell them to "deal with it". Ever been to a wedding (rhetorical)? Constant jokes happen when the groom is asked to do something and he does. You'll hear "Yeah, get used to it" followed by roaring laughter. These days, men being the head of the household is viewed as evil; women being the head of the household is viewed as typical and hilarious. Its the same with violence: A woman gets hit, horrible. A man gets hit, hilarious. A woman hits back a man that hit her first, hero. A man hits back a woman who hit him first, criminal (ask Dr. Phil
[that man is an idiot]). It's a shame you've been subjected to control, but at least society provides sympathy towards you about it, while all these men that have brought up very similar instances with reversed roles are quickly told to "man up" and "quit whining".

Actually, let's take your entire story and rearrange the gender in all of it; you are your ex-husband and he is the wife. The woman says that this isn't equality, she will be in control, so the man tries to escape; what a wimp! The laughing stock of pretty much every modern sitcom. Entirely opposite scenario, yet, somehow, the man is still the buffoon, isn't he?

Perspective for the win?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If you are a gay man... Although I do not believe it is a negative in any way... I do think it is pertinent to the discussion we are having and you should let people know whether you are homo or heterosexual.

I'll come back later. It was a tough question.

I'm sorry, gay men's opinions matter quite a bit in this thread. Find a gay man and ask him how many issues he supports straight men in. If a gay man is defending straight men about something, I can assure you it is the most impartial and unbiased opinion you will get; gay men can really only be biased in favor of straight women, not straight men. Let's stop beating around the bush here, hon, my opinion is worth a lot more here than yours because it isn't dripping with prejudice, bias, and ignorance. Sorry if being a side-liner whose opinion isn't fabricated by the drama from the situation itself threatens you -- I guess that's just another sign that it's time for you to grow the hell up and start actually listening to people who have valid opinions instead of being a stubborn bimbo whose majority of posts get deleted by the admins because they are completely juvenile.

Speaking of juvenile...

Originally posted by tiger5

Feel free to look up the words that you do not understand. Or is it that you are simply being disingenous? Take a long hard look at the woman's expression and the size of the burger or whatever it is. Whatever you write I still do not want any inappropriate sexual advertisment where children may be viewing or the general public

Anyway what about the burger is it tasty? Is it prepared in conditions of cleanliness? Is it real meat or what is correctly called mechanically retrieved meat?

And finally why the hell must the sexual imagery nof a woman be used in selling a damn burger???

Not only that there is a time and a place for everything and it (the ad is not there).

edit on 21-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

Is this really going to turn into another ridiculous "I don't understand this, and I CERTAINLY don't want my CHILDREN to understand it!" thread? I mean, come on. Children are people, if they are mature enough to understand the humor, they will laugh. If they aren't, they won't. If they are females that are radically against oral sex, they will rip apart Burger King ads on a conspiracy forum claiming that everyone wants to brainwash their kids into being sexually immoral... until their children reach the age of fourteen and tell them how immature they are being by reacting so heavily to such a harmless sexual innuendo. I'm sorry, chicky (bring it), your views on shielding your children will never control the world of marketing; you might as well just talk to your children about it like you're actually the adult in the situation before they start preaching to you about your own maturity.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

First off I am sorry for what you went through. Second not every man is like that. I know I don;t know you but just keep your head up and do not let those experieinces completely sour you. Just be more careful and selective please. You are completley free to live your life as you see fit and I encourage you to do so.

Now be careful of advice you may get in this thread. I am a decent guy and the gender feminists in this thread are completely off putting to me. I know I would never want to be in any kind of relationship with them, Take everything said with a grain of salt, and remember there are 3 sides to every story.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Great post brood keep it up.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Well, I have a 22 yr old son. He tried to pull this control thing on a couple of the girls he was with. I told them, to dump him. I was very serious. They always expected me to side with him, but as an abused female I was doing everything I could to let both parties see how wrong it is to do this to someone and how you don't have to stay and put up with it. I saw the horrible fighting they would get into and how he would lie to them and go out with someone else. I was in there shoes at one time. I would hold him accountable. And remind him of all the shist I went through. I have never backed him up when it came to something like that. But don't get me wrong, I also let the girl's have it if they "stirred the pot". If you don't want drama, don't bring it.
" If he said he doesn't want to be with you, then quit chasing him" kinda thing.
Now he doesn't act like that. He has a great relationship with a great girl. Not saying they don't have their issues but it's not abusive on any level.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Thank you!
I am great now. I live alone. Haven't had a date in a long while. But that's ok.
I settled. One should NEVER do that. But I learned from it.
I know what I really want now. And the first one to "break down the wall" will have one hell of a chick on there hands.
I am tired of "surface thinkers"

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Good for you and no need to thank me. Yeah I agree never settle, I am glad you figured out what you want and I wouldn't let anyone try and change that in you. I have faith you can do it, simply because I have.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I concur!!!
OMG I just agreed with a man!!!
One thing you must learn about me is I think outside the box all the time!
The sexual thing is only there because the person who is observing it knows what "sexual thing" it represents. Your kids won't automatically think "sexual" when they see this, unless you have told them that it is just like a sexual act.
Didn't they do this same thing on Sesame Street? Remember, they would have the profiles of the people on a screen, and they would "eat" the letters. Some of them would shove the letters in their wide open mouth. What's the difference. The point is, unless you point out the similarities, young kids won't even think about it like that. They just think she is gonna shove that whole sandwich in her mouth like a cartoon character.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

OMG you just might get banned or flamed on this thread for doing that you know lol. I am overjoyed you think outside the box. We need more men and women like that in this world. The bad part is the ridicule you get for doing it. But I figure that as long as I know what I am doing in my heart is the right thing, everyone else can just go pound sand.

Yea I defintetly know what you are talking about. And wholeheartedly agree.

As for the sesame reference I can;t really remember. I do not have most of my childhood memories for a variety of things. But I get your point and understand and agree with you.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Take a long hard look at the woman's expression and the size of the burger or whatever it is. Whatever you write I still do not want any inappropriate sexual advertisment where children may be viewing or the general public

Yes, it's clear that the advert is equating the size of the vaguely phallic shaped burger with that of a penis, and the woman's shocked expression as she is about to eat the burger is clearly meant to be a ''joke'' about oral sex.

I get that. It's not subtle, it's rather crude, and it is not particularly clever.

What I'm disputing is why someone would label that advert as ''misogynist''.

It's just marketing using sexually suggestive imagery to get attention fir their product.

One of the easiest ways to find out whether something is discriminatory or prejudiced, is to turn the scenario around, and put the boot on the other foot...

What if some fast food joint had an advertisement showing a man with a shocked expression, while looking suggestively at, shall we say, a ''tightly-packed'' taco ?

Would that image be misandrist ? Of course not.
So why on earth would someone think that this image is misogynist ?

Only someone with an issue on this subject would twist something like this advert into a gender issue.

In fact, if the above, hypothetical advert for a taco came out, then feminazis would still be screaming ''misogyny''; they'd say that the ad was belittling women, as it was comparing a woman's body to a throwaway, consumable product.

This is how you can always tell feminazis from genuine feminists.

They always look for misogyny when it isn't there; like the OP making that monumental gaffe in citing that survey about rape in her initial post.

I wouldn't know. I only eat vege-burgers.

Look, I agree with you.

While I am far from being a prude, I think a lot of advertising is far too ''in your face'', in terms of being sexually explicit.

Like you say, there is absolutely no need to advertise a burger with sexual imagery. But as they say: ''sex sells''.

What I'm querying is, why someone would interpret this advert as ''misogynist'', when I've already pointed out that the exact opposite would be far from misandrist.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Err actually not all women like rappers of any kind. Also equating girls to mature women is not really sensible. You are argueing to preserve the status quo or even make the social advances go into reverse?

I'm not saying that all women like these rappers, but it's indisputable that many of their fans are female; this is evident if you see any of their concerts, and look at the demographics of their record sales.

Rappers such as Eminem and 50 Cent have openly misogynist lyrics, yet many women are still drawn to them.

I'm not suggesting that any social advance should go into reverse, but I'm just pointing out the cold hard facts.

While the feminists beat their war-drums, decrying this, that, and everything else ''misogynist'', they are conveniently ignoring the fact that many women, through their own volition, actively immerse themselves in this supposed misogyny.

Take Eminem, for example: How many gay guys idolise him and go to his concerts, singing along to his homophobic lyrics ? Not too many, I'd imagine.

How many women idolise him and go to his concerts, singing along to his misogynist lyrics ? Plenty.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

True story, however, pretty much all of them claim that they only listen to it because of the "beat". The sad reality of what "music" has become. And no, the female fanbase of rap is not age-specific, I know lots of women in their 30s and 40s that enjoy condescending rap "music". Try talking to one of these women about it, they will surely tell you that they don't even care about the lyrics. Sad but true. I simply cannot listen to most rap myself because the lyrics have clearly been produced by neanderthals. I actually used to like Eminem in his younger days -- when he "sang" about drugs and life and his daughter -- but what he has become is just a narcissistic moron like Kanye West always was. Sadly, both genders continue to idolize them both as if they are human. I'm sorry, if those two represent humanity, I can no longer tolerate this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join