It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
You sir, are a manipulative slanderous usurper.

Eh? What have I manipulated, slandered and usurped?

If you actually read the thread you would know your statements are false. Maybe you should read it before you try to bash it.

I read the thread and I stand by my statements. Which statement(s) bother(s) you?

I dont know whether to call you a fool or to write you off as incompetent.

Pick one. Life's too short to not say what you really mean.

Either way, you're arguments are in the same realm of idiocy.

Am I correct to assume that the above should read "your arguments"? We wouldn't want you stumbling into the realm of idiocy whereupon I and mine arguments dwell; would we?

edit on 14-9-2010 by rexusdiablos because: Spellig

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Time out for a second. Back to the basic assumption: Phrases like "ruining the male/female relationship" imply that there was once some state of mass harmony that I don't believe EVER existed. (Some people had harmony, hopefully most, but not all.) Issues like power struggles, manipulation, and lack of respect for others are timeless. They are genderless, too. Gender and era simply affect the exact form the issues take, and influence the likely outcome. For instance, I'm sure there are many couples that didn't divorce in the past but would have done so today. Just being married is a legal state -- it does not guaranty a healthy or positive relationship. A couple putting on a good show for others does not tell anyone what's really going on.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I find that women defy understanding. Sigmund Freud said of women "What do they want?"
I've only been able to find out three things about women. 1) They shop alot. 2) They talk alot. and 3) They use alot of toilet paper.

The dress to the T, walk along the street with everything hanging out, then if you look at them admiringly, they call the cops.

You can't stop women from talking. Often in a group of 4 or 5 women -- you see them all talking at once. Once you get a women to agree to leave a party, it takes 40 minutes to get her out the door.

Once I got a call from an old friend of mine (He was really old -- over 80). He told me that his girl friend had a stroke and couldn't talk. I told him, "A woman that can't talk, lets file a patent on her".

As hard as they are to understand, I can't live without them -- without them, men would be sitting in front of the TV in a sea of beer cans.

I'm an old guy who has been married many years. There are two secrets.

1. You never talk.
2. You never listen.

edit on 14-9-2010 by etcorngods because: added some stuff and corrected spelling

edit on 14-9-2010 by etcorngods because: added last point

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Eh? What have I manipulated, slandered and usurped?

I politely oblige and refer you to the 'Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship' thread. It's sprinkled with passive aggressive misogyny. Here's some of the 'logic' being peddled on ATS recently:

This is what you stated in your post, and its completely manipulative and slanderous as you attacked the thread's sources in which I had stated the sources overall topic and message is what’s relevant. I also gave talking points to discuss and SPECIFICALLY stated that I don’t agree with some of the article's opinions and irrational bias.(Which is mostly what you listed to attack the thread) IF you had actually read the thread, you would have read my statements (as they were on the first page) and thus you would understand that you are attacking the sources' opinions other than the topic itself.

I read the thread and I stand by my statements.

Its obvious you didn’t... either that or you didnt comprehend it...

Which statement(s) bother(s) you?

Mostly all of it and the cherry pickings you listed.

I dont know whether to call you a fool or to write you off as incompetent.

Pick one. Life's too short to not say what you really mean.

Both.

Am I correct to assume that the above should read "your arguments"? We wouldn't want you stumbling into the realm of idiocy whereupon I and mine arguments dwell; would we?

Excuse me, I didnt know i was being graded. Next time I'll be more vigilant professor.

edit on 14-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add to comment

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UrbanRenMan1

First off, thank you for not walking around with your balls hanging out of your shorts. Second, I'm pretty sure you should just stick with men. Us "walking vaginas" wouldn't wanna upset you by showing a little too much leg or cleavage. You say that you are bisexual, but imo it sounds like women disgust you. I don't dress like a slut but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look a little sexy once in a while. It's a girl thing...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I'm sorry you had that experience. Not mocking sorry, but really sorry. But neither can I help you.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
my mom was raised on a farm with several other female siblings and one brother. their mom died, when they were young, from tuberculosis. their dad ended up raising them and they had to learn how to do everything on the farm, from planting, harvesting, bug removal, to slaughtering, smoking the meat, canning the vegetables, to building and repairing the structures. and that didn't count, maintaining the daily things like logs for the fire places, food preparation, laundry and so on. these ladies were tough, hardy and capable of doing pretty much anything regarding survival (most of this took place as well, during the depression when the only way you ate is if you could get a job with the government or had your own farm land, as a result, they were able to feed several other families as well).

there's nothing manly man about a woman who can do any of those things. it was just common sense. when the need arises, you deal with it. it shouldn't have MALE JOB / FEMALE JOB, stamped on it. male behaviour/female behaviour. that's just silly

edit on 14-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by Tiger86

Originally posted by cybernetic_dude
The OP is a misandrist who could not handle facts about feminism posted in the thread she is trying to counter.
It is women (or should I type "womyn" to please her "feminist" friends) like these who contribute to the ruining of male and female relationship.
Women like her do not want equality...they only want male domination in the name of women empowerment.

You summed it up for me perfectly.
You know me from being registered One Day? Amazing. I love h ow strangers on the internet ASSume to sum me up from a debate thread. Please quit flattering yourselves.

Ok hotbakedtater! So you can check a user profile. Good for you. I wonder if you check all of the posters profiles? I have actually been coming to ATS for quite a while, but kudos to you because you actually started a thread that I actually wanted to reply to!! So yes, this is my first "official" day! Which brings me to my main point....did you even read my original post? If not, I would really appreciate it if you did. I was really trying to be nice. No need to get defensive. Especially since what I was getting at (if you read my post FIRST, then the "you summed it up" was that you really should not blame "male women-haters" "especially on the internet" since it's not really what's going on! As spectreDC said, most people on the internet (besides us incredibly intelligents here on ATS) are just looking for a good time!! Which, unfortunately means being rude to random people that they don't know. And as for the rest of your reply, let's just say I'm going to be good today and continue being nice. It's my first day, after all!

Tiger86

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just what this thread needs: A multi-quoting boreathon. Ok, I'll oblige...

I know I am. Some ATS members are misogynistic.

Without any evidence to substantiate your claims.

How does this answer my question? I asked for a quotation the proves the following baseless submission:

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
You ... have fallen for the ... ''if you're not with us, you're against us'' mode of thinking.

By your claim that some ATS members are misogynist, without backing up your claim.

Are you going to make me ask a third time?

You can ask me a fourth, fifth, or twentieth time, for all I care. It matters not to me, as I already answered the first time.

I politely oblige and refer you to the 'Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship' thread.

Once more, I'd politely request you to provide an example of hatred for women on ATS.

As I say, there may well be some, but as I've read most of that thread, and didn't come across any ''hatred'', then I'll have to ask you to be more specific.

It's sprinkled with passive aggressive misogyny.

Suitably vague claim, without actually providing any tangible evidence to back up your statement.

Why are feminists surprised their daughters are sluts?*

Where's the ''hatred towards women'' in that comment ?

All I see is a negative comment aimed towards feminists and promiscuous women.

Girls can become feminine again by making marriage and family their first priority. If they refocus, they can regain the path to fulfillment and happiness.*

Again, where's the ''hatred towards women'' in that comment ?

The idea that the poster is suggesting does seem a little antiquated, I'll grant you, but the comment is hardly brimming with ''misogyny'', is it ?

The poster clearly thinks that gender roles should take a different path to the ones that they are now.

Sorry but I have found that 99% of my countrywomen that seem to be the most brainwashed freaks.*

I'm still failing to see ''hatred'' in that comment. It seems a little rude, but nothing more than that.

I would like to pose this question: "How are women disrespected?" If I act like a pig they flock to me. A couple underhanded compliments and the dresses come off. How can I be expected, as a male, to give respect when it isn't due?*

I'm still failing to see any ''hatred''.

The poster is just bluntly expressing a point that holds plenty of merit, and has ample support for it.

Well i know 1 thing for a fact women are getting ... ... "sluttlier"*

Still missing the ''hatred'' here.

The poster is just saying that they think women are getting more promiscuous; strangely enough, you'll find many women that agree with this thought.

The first five examples I've found are about as much as I'm willing to spoon-feed you. It's no less corroboratively sufficient.

And all five examples fail to show any explicit ''hatred'' towards women.

Remember my first question; I don't want to have to ask a third time.

You can ask me a fourth, fifth, or twentieth time, for all I care. It matters not to me, as I already answered the first time.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger86

Good post, Tiger.

You speak a lot of truth on the matter.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger86

I asked you not to flatter yourself. Your register date is on every post you make.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What anger?

This is a topic for discussion on the internet.

That induces happiness in me, mental challenges, brain exercise, debating and discussing with an array of folks who all hold a unique position on the topics.

Maybe you were projecting your own anger upon me?

I feel little to no anger when discussing this issue.

But, nice way of diverting the attention away from the content of your own posts.

You come across as angry in your musings on this subject, that give your posts more of an emotional, irrational slant, rather than logical.

I believe, for one reason or another, this subject matter appears to rile you, and your views are less than coherent or consistent.

These are my personal observations, and are not intended to be any kind of ad hom attack.

My advice:

Let it go, love.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Where's the ''hatred towards women'' in that comment ?

warning, this video can be rather distasteful but it makes a point that appears to be overlooked alot

i don't think this guy hates men even though he calls them sluts. so are women who behave like men, sexually, really horrible for doing the same thing? i dunno. i suppose you could justify as not good for several reasons, but wouldn't those same reasons apply to men? what husband doesn't want his wife to at least be happy in the sack? i know in some places in the world, the woman's happy spot is removed so she won't enjoy sex at all. gotta wonder what gets into people's heads sometimes.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Tiger86

I asked you not to flatter yourself. Your register date is on every post you make.

Why am I even replying to this? You must be deliberately baiting me. Well, all you have done so far is proven that you are the one with hatred. Make sure next time when you quote, don't take it out of context. Or, just reading the whole thing before ranting would be good too.

Thanks Sherlock!

Tiger

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Whether or not the articles opinions were misogynistic is irrelevent; the thread rexusdiablos attacked did not support the "rude" opinions of the author, only the topic and key points discussed in the article.

rexusdiablos used the words of an author's personal opinion to bash the thread and ATS users as misogynistic.

Slanderous, disparager, manipulator, cherry picker.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A responsible woman int hat situation would abort.

I would imagine it would depend on what the individual woman's view on the matter was.

I'm sure it's easier said, than done.

Surely you're not telling ''strong, independent women'' what decisions they should make, and what they should do with their own lives ? They won't like that.

Anyway be graphic please. I am clueless as to what you mean there.

I'd rather not; ladies present.

You could argue that, but you would be wrong.

With respect, I'd be right.

The man doesn't have to face the potential consequence of their actions; a woman does.

The only way for a man to be unaccountable is to keep his semen inside his penis, out of a vagina. Period.

Are we talking on a moral or practical level here ?

If it's moral, then I mostly agree with you.

If it's practical, then you're clearly incorrect. You know the old joke: ''Q. What's a man's definition of safe sex ? A. Not giving the woman his real name'', or something along those lines.

If a man has a one night stand with a stranger and scoots, what a pathetic soul that man possesses to be so irresponsible as to where his seed is planted, and to leave his potential progeny to the wolves. Disgusting way tho think of sex. Just sickens me.

Well, I'd agree with you, there.

But, ultimately the woman is responsible for the sexual intercourse taking place, so she should choose her sexual partners more wisely, because not everybody has a moral compass or a conscience.

This goes back to one of my earlier points as to why slutty women are frowned upon by society.

It's for this very reason.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I can only imagine this post was written by a woman.

Explain this, the post you linked about rape being blamed on the victims, did you read the last line?

"Women were more likely than men to blame victims"

So you hate women haters....but these women are the ones who are blaming themselves for getting raped in the first place....so, you hate these women, you hate women haters who are women? so you're a woman hating hater.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

This tells me one of three things.
1) You are lying.
2) You don't own a purse
or
3) You aren't in a relationship at this time.

o...k... didn't expect that response.

I am not lying.
I wouldn't want to emasculate a man.
Full stop.

Originally posted by Tiger86
Here's the fundamental problem:

Men resent being imasculated and controlled and women hate not being valued.

So women resort to "controlling" the husband to feel important. And the man begins to hate women. But he does not really hate women. He hates being controlled. He hates knowing that he allows the woman to control him. The woman, feeling the negativity, attempts to tighten her control. It's a horrible, downward spiral.

As to whether I'm male or female, I'd love to hear the theories.
Tiger86

I think you hit the nail on the head there Tiger86.
So I sincerely hope that you are a male.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Maybe you have not seen any female bashing on ATS because you have been here for such a short time. It is here, all over the place. I try my best to combat it like an internet Wonderwoman!

No, I've seen female bashing, I've seen male bashing, from what I've seen it's ''six of one and half a dozen of another''.

What I'm querying is the suggestion that it's fuelled by ''hatred''. This seems a very strange conclusion, as firstly, you don't know the emotional disposition of someone posting a comment over the internet, unless they explicitly mention it; and secondly, it is perfectly possible to criticise something or someone, without doing so out of hatred.

For example, I dislike lemon meringue pie, and would happily discuss it in a negative manner on an internet message board ( in particular, its horrible texture ).

However, to suggest that I genuinely have an emotional feeling of ''hatred'' towards a dessert is not only erroneous, but ludicrous !

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Women are not what they use to be, in some cases women turned into men, and some men are very shy.
It's reverse polarity, we are like upside down. The very notion of women is going exctinct. You may call the women a man from now on. If it's looks and sexual atraction then that is a different story.

The great thing is that natural selection will eventually correct this.

Women who act like men, or lack natural femininity, aren't as attractive, and consequently won't breed as much as ''girly girls''.

Meterosexual men that act like women, or lack natural masculinity, aren't as attractive, and consequently won't breed as much as a ''man's man''.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join