It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

What anger?

This is a topic for discussion on the internet.

That induces happiness in me, mental challenges, brain exercise, debating and discussing with an array of folks who all hold a unique position on the topics.

Maybe you were projecting your own anger upon me?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

My husband will only hold my purse if there isn't
anyone he knows watching!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shaston

OK honeysunbuns, there's one! :>) I agree with you, as I am one of those shy men.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Well, without being too graphic, in situations like those I use the oldest form of birth-control known to man.

You could argue that both people are equally responsible in that situation, I suppose, but they are certainly not equally accountable.

Whether you like it or not, if a woman chooses to have a one-night stand with a man that she hardly knows, then she is accountable and responsible for the consequences of her actions.

There is no way to track down the unwitting father; her saying: ''It was this tall, dark-haired bloke that I met at a pub'', is hardly going to be any use to the actuality that she is, literally, left holding the baby.

A responsible woman int hat situation would abort.

Anyway be graphic please. I am clueless as to what you mean there.

You could argue that, but you would be wrong.

The only way for a man to be unaccountable is to keep his semen inside his penis, out of a vagina. Period.

If a man has a one night stand with a stranger and scoots, what a pathetic soul that man possesses to be so irresponsible as to where his seed is planted, and to leave his potential progeny to the wolves. Disgusting way tho think of sex. Just sickens me.

Of course she would be left holding the baby if this scenerio passed with out abortion. All because a pathetic loser of an excuse for a huMan left behind one of the most precious things on this planet, LIFE, without a back ward glance.

Sickening.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Maybe you have not seen any female bashing on ATS because you have been here for such a short time. It is here, all over the place. I try my best to combat it like an internet Wonderwoman!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I didn't know they have internet in kitchens!

Is that one of those things you consider misogynistic? Perhaps in a certain context it is, but on the internet 99% of the people who say such things on the internet are not serious because they aren't stupid and don't take interactions on the internet seriously. Doing such is a futile task on the line between stupidity and full blown retardation. I know girls who on the internet say these things too. Why? Because they don't take it seriously, because they are joking.

Is there misogyny in this world? Hell yes, especially as you said in religion. But on the internet, nearly EVERY instance of "misogyny" is in fact some internet denizen screwing with you because they fool around on the internet.

So, in ending;

u mad?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybernetic_dude
The OP is a misandrist who could not handle facts about feminism posted in the thread she is trying to counter.
It is women (or should I type "womyn" to please her "feminist" friends) like these who contribute to the ruining of male and female relationship.
Women like her do not want equality...they only want male domination in the name of women empowerment.
Is that so? What is my name where do I live political affiliation name my friends please. Otherwise you speak from a body orifice that stinks as much as your post.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

My answer is. No.

Is that succinct enough for you?

This tells me one of three things.

1) You are lying.
2) You don't own a purse
or
3) You aren't in a relationship at this time.

reply to post by greeneyedleo

Im sorry you (and Clay) feel that way about all women. Not all women are that way. They are not. I am not and I know im not the only one. I find it really sad that you think all women want a man to be misserable. That is the last thing I would ever want of a man im in a relationship with.

I am sure not ALL women are that way, There has to be exceptions to prove the rule.

If holding a purse emasculates, the lady was not with a REAL man to begin with.

I didn't say that holding a purse emasculates a man, it means that a woman who does this WANT'S to emasculate a man. It's a power play that women do, they do this most often in shopping areas in order to mark her territory.

Case in point on how evil women can be...

A few weeks ago a young lady comes into the hotel I work at, she is attractive, and it seems very flirty, and touchy feely. The same clip kept playing in my mind while I was talking to her.

Sure enough, come to find out that she has a quite jealous boyfriend. Thankfully I listened to my inner Admiral Ackbar and avoided said trap.

edit on 9/14/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Thank you for the contribution, RexD.

I also posted a thread in my OP that is required reading for discussion on my OP. I have a feeling most in this thread have not read it, and it clearly shows posts that are strongly misogynistic. I participatd in that thread as well, it is quite long but it doesnt take too many pages in to get down and dirty.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger86

Originally posted by cybernetic_dude
The OP is a misandrist who could not handle facts about feminism posted in the thread she is trying to counter.
It is women (or should I type "womyn" to please her "feminist" friends) like these who contribute to the ruining of male and female relationship.
Women like her do not want equality...they only want male domination in the name of women empowerment.

You summed it up for me perfectly.
You know me from being registered One Day? Amazing. I love h ow strangers on the internet ASSume to sum me up from a debate thread. Please quit flattering yourselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybermessenger
If you are scandalized by the malicious abuses of this world. If deep inside, you are destabilized by the vertiginous decline of moral values. If you feel uncomfortable in this ever more oppressive society. If you have been taken advantage of by those you naively considered friends, it is important to know that in this greedy world there are no friends, only interests...
This is part of the full text available at www.missionarieswithoutborders.com. Go to this site and you will find your way out of this necessary evil inflicted on the world.
Thank you for that link, it is my plan/goal to begin the search for a place to do mission work until I die. I appreciate it, although it is not really on topic, I think it very worthwhile.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Byrd, always such insightfulness.

I do believe the media has a huge responsibility in the hatred towards women, and the degrading and lowering of a woman.

Most big media is run by men.

Thus I counter and say yes it is still falls under the umbrella of woman hating, because it is men trying to program other men and women into accepting this as the norm.

So we get to a childs first line of defense in this....parents.

Where does the blame lie?

Good thoughts to ponder!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Liberalism's indoctrination into schools and the media is what has destroyed the male/female relationship. From the day we're born, we're brainwashed that it is wrong to be a man. It is wrong to be strong, powerful, commanding or dominant. It is wrong to be honest because to be honest and tell it like it is isn't politically correct. We don't name our kids "Jack", "Joe", "Ed", "Bill" and "Mike" anymore. We name them "Carter" and "Parker" and "Kyle" and "Jesse". Just look at all these stupid, meaningless and androgynous names coming out of Hollywood. People are naming their kids after freaking vampire shows. Our men are so incredibly watered down, wussified and shy that women aren't attracted to them anymore. Hell, thanks to instant messaging and texting, boys today can't even talk to girls over the phone or in person - they don't know how! Texting and IM'ing is way easier and doesn't take any guts.

It doesn't help that half the kids today aren't raised in the same house as their father, either!

Why is the male/female relationship dying? Because there are no real men in America anymore. Give your boys a man's name, not an androgynous Hollywood name. When your child does something wrong, give him a spanking. Don't try to reason with a 5 year old. Discipline and a strong male presence in the household will go a long way into raising a son that both respects and is respected by women.

edit on 14-9-2010 by ChocoTaco369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Why would I be mad? Anyway I can tell the difference between jokes and the real deal. Im an old lady I have seen my fair share of things in these years. The internet is unfortunately becoming the only way some people connect with the worl, esp. younger and younger kids born into this technicracy in which we live!! I am seeing disturbing incidents of misogyny online everywhere.

If this is the prevailing humor, I am not amused.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow, I must be missing something. I work around women all day and I don't detect even a hint of hatred of woman. The CEO of the company I work for is a woman and most of the upper management are women. We are a multi-national company with thousands of employees. I enjoy working with the women and see them as nothing more than co-workers. That being said, I am still sensitive to the differences between men and woman. I will still let a woman on the elevator first and I will let them get off the elevator first. But that's more for me than for them. Quite honestly, I would feel like a slug if I didn't do that and I don't want to feel like a slug.

That being said, lets face it, shows like "The Real Housewives of...", "Jersey Shores", "Rehab", etc., don't do anything to help women. Women are objectified on television, in print and on the internet more than ever before and I find it disgusting and won't watch those shows. And this wouldn't be possible if women weren't actively participating. They are equals and they are adults. They are the ones making the choice to participate in that type of media.

And to the poster who said she works with "shy men"...all I can say is I'm one of them. I acknowledge them when passing the same way I would a man. You can't have it both ways. You can't scream "equal rights" then complain because chivalry is long gone. That is a dynamic that was a creation of feminism and nothing else. I have seen women with broken down cars and against my better judgement, I didn't stop and help for fear of insulting them or being viewed as a male chauvinist. That attitude may or may not be warranted, but never the less, it's real.

Then you have the "uber-feminists" who feel men aren't even necessary. If they could impregnate themselves without the use of sperm, they would be all set and have no need for men. And that dynamic is more prevalent than one would think.

Trying to convince the world than men and women are "equal" is a losing proposition. That would be like saying apples and oranges are equal. Sure, they're both fruit and they both have nutritional value but I think we can agree they aren't "equal". Does that make one or the other "better"? No. But we are supposed to pretend that breasts and shapely buttocks aren't pleasing to the eye because we're "equal". Then when women aren't noticed, suddenly men are "gay" or "shy" or self-absorbed or something else is wrong with them. Let's face it, men are faced with a complex set of rules and some simply choose not to play the game.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interfacer
I am 28 years old Never was into one night stands. Been in 3 serious relationships and every time I treated the girlfriend and her parents like potential wife and parents in law. I did everything I could to be the perfect man that break the steretypes of men are dogs and they cheat! Well I never went anywhere or did anything to make them feel insecure. I was extremely affectionate and love cuddling and giving massages and all around just treat my girl like a queen but kept my Male Identity the whole time it wasnt like I let them wear the pants as I did a lot of decision making, HOWEVER. All three girls cheated on me at one point or another, I have come to the conclusion that WOMEN do NOT want chivalry and to be treated like gold. They love ABUSE and really dont know what to do without drama and man treating them like dirt from time to time! Without that they get bored if you are too nice and they want to keep you but still go looking for the next best thing. I have realized nice guys finish last and I feel like I know less then I ever did about girls! I am very sad how I can do everything right and yet THE TELEVISION and SOCIETY where much more manipulative with my girlfriend! All three didnt have remorse OR an ability to even come clean about cheating. However My conclusions may be based on age group (18-26) and / or geography I live at the jersey shore go figure.... Am I a hopeless romantic who is realizing love is just an idea and not reality?

I cannot help but wonder what went wrong? You got to be pragmatic. Maybe you were too goody two shoes? To the point of being boring? I have found that women are extremely sexual in nature. Once they get horny they lose self control (even the so called good girls). You better be ready to satisfy or they will start looking around. Sorry but those are the facts as I see them.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
women are not the same as they used to be, neither are men..that being said, I am a male and I have a male partner...I'm definitly not attracted to the women of the age,...when i was in highschool I was definitly pushed away by pretty much every female i showed interest in...this heated me...men didnt push me away, lol! I am a thinner dude, but I'm good looking and have my head on strait and if I was born in any other time, women would showing way more interest...but now everyone is influenced by media and they have these pre conceived ideas placed in their minds by the media, abt what good looking is, and how people should act...and since I dont act like any of those brain washed media whores on tv and have arms the size of my head, then i guess i'm not good enough...but i do grow all my own food, and am trying to be sustainable and walk in truth....but this isnt good enough for the women of the day...now i'm 23 and have grown into my body a bit and all the girls try to make eye contact on the street, but i dont even glance....both men and women need a reality check nowadays..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
...Im sorry, but in my view, what influenced women to be able to sleep around as much as men (which i dont agree with even for men) and get drunk and burp, and go and work all day and ignor the family, and bascially do what men do...is womens lib....so IMO, WOMENS LIB is the problem. the movement, not the idea....I of course agree with women getting treated equal in every way....but we need to hold our values and morals and realize we're being completely manipulated to destroy the family...and its pretty much mission accomplished...

edit on 14-9-2010 by UrbanRenMan1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UrbanRenMan1

only self-loathing causes people to need abuse to be "not bored". that is a fact. women who chase after abusive men, are suffering with self-esteem issues. as soon as a lady screws her head on right, she suddenly realizes that the nice guy is the real deal and the abusers are pretenders to the throne. and that's also a fact. i like facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Women are not what they use to be, in some cases women turned into men, and some men are very shy.
It's reverse polarity, we are like upside down. The very notion of women is going exctinct. You may call the women a man from now on. If it's looks and sexual atraction then that is a different story.

The notion of family is a thing of the past also, it will soon go no matter if we like it or not.

edit on 14-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join