It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUTBREAK - new virus from China - 33 die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At least 33 people die due to new virus via tick bites in China until today.
Big cover-up since April in Mid-China, now spread to East & South China.

sources :

www.qnaol.net...

radio86.co.uk...

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

oral.ebigear.com...

www.theepochtimes.com...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

sify.com...

hk.news.yahoo.com...

hk.news.yahoo.com...

hk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Dont believe it. even if the WHO says that it is a new virus strain.

still wont take their medicine.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ewww ticks are nasty little things!!

I don't think this is some cover up tho... there are many tick borne diseases... and sometimes hard to diagnose...

Tick-borne illnesses are caused by infection with a variety of pathogens, including rickettsia and other types of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa. Because ticks can harbor more than one disease-causing agent, patients can be infected with more than one pathogen at the same time, compounding the difficulty in diagnosis and treatment.

Tick-Borne Diseases

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
China is like The Mecca for Viral Outbreaks. I'm starting to wonder if they aren't making these diseases in labs and testing them out on the public. I mean, after all, China has a billion+ to spare. Why not start there, and just let it spread around the world?

Big Pharm has got a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am not real up on the flu epedemic that happens every year so perhaps someone can answer a couple of questions. First of all I know there is a new virus every year and I don't take the flu shot or even consider it because I am allergic to eggs and the vaccine has an egg base. So my questions - why is the flu always from China? Why is the vaccine made in China? I can remember the flu being from China since the 1950's - older folks might remember the Hong Kong flu that hit the US big time - 3/4 of the kids in my classroom came down with it on the same day - I can still remember all kids lined up in chairs in the hall waiting for parents to pick them up. I don't remember anyone getting vaccines at that time.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

One suggestion is in places like China and Vietnam, in the more rural areas - and because of space issues - some farmers and rural types live in very close proximity to livestock, chickens, geese etc. And food preperation techniques are not always observed so rigidly, so I think that has been flagged as one source occassionally of new viruses: passing from animal to human.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Dont believe it. even if the WHO says that it is a new virus strain.

still wont take their medicine.

I advise you to watch this

www.dumpert.nl...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

About the cover-up, pls use translation function to read this :

hk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

yeah that isn't all they are doing with those farm animals

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I am not real up on the flu epedemic that happens every year so perhaps someone can answer a couple of questions. First of all I know there is a new virus every year and I don't take the flu shot or even consider it because I am allergic to eggs and the vaccine has an egg base. So my questions - why is the flu always from China? Why is the vaccine made in China? I can remember the flu being from China since the 1950's - older folks might remember the Hong Kong flu that hit the US big time - 3/4 of the kids in my classroom came down with it on the same day - I can still remember all kids lined up in chairs in the hall waiting for parents to pick them up. I don't remember anyone getting vaccines at that time.

You question was really good... I wondered too if all the flu outbreaks were from China so I did some searching around.

They don't all come from China.... here's a good link.... interesting.

Timeline of Human Flu Pandemics

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I agree with you, China and many other countries are not bound to the treaties of disease control like the US and UK are, that means they can test, produce and do whatever they want in their labs without having to answer to anybody.

Plus most of the time the diseases target parts of the populations that live in extreme poverty.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by leira7

Plus most of the time the diseases target parts of the populations that live in extreme poverty.

Maybe the populations that live in extreme poverty are hit the hardest because of poor diet, health and the lack of medical treatment.

edit on 13-9-2010 by OceanStone because: Typing too fast... oooppsss

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I don't think so.

I want to explain, but... u got me! Never before I feel so hard to reply to a post. Because I cannot use the word "they" like you did, and I don't want to use the word "we" like I am one of the "billion+" you mentioned. So... what can I say... (Still, thanks for the experience anyway.)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes you are right, even with the last flu many of the more rare cases came from Africa and northern Europe where conditions are very bad for the people and also the countries in question existing problems with many other health related issues.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Thanks for the link - I now remember some of the other outbreaks from other countries.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
China is like The Mecca for Viral Outbreaks. I'm starting to wonder if they aren't making these diseases in labs and testing them out on the public. I mean, after all, China has a billion+ to spare. Why not start there, and just let it spread around the world?
Big Pharm has got a lot of explaining to do.

(continue) One thing though - the USA is becoming a dictatorship too, the 9/11 surpass our "4JUN Tienanmen Square", also the MS-Media control & cover-up & flu big pharm etc too. So, let's say, "WE" are so alliance, that WE should share your comments to keep up our foreign relationship too ... u know -- SAME TO YOU my friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have already known that,and this is true,and people are advised to use things like mosquito-repellent spray to prevent ticks,but i don't know whether it is useful,and it is good that there is no new case occured so far.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's not that 'new' a virus. Human granulocytic anaplasmosis was identiied back in 1990.

www.cdc.gov...

It may be that weather conditions have resulted in increased numbers of ticks this year with a consequent increase in risk of being bitten an infected?

new topics

top topics

join