It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tightened muzzle on scientists is 'Orwellian'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Tightened muzzle on scientists is 'Orwellian'

www.vancouversun.com

The Harper government has tightened the muzzle on federal scientists, going so far as to control when and what they can say about floods at the end of the last ice age.
Their "media lines" also need ministerial approval, say documents

they apply to not only to contentious issues including the oilsands, but benign subjects such as floods that occurred 13,000 years ago.

Canadians are being cut off from scientists whose work is financed by taxpayers, critics say, and is often of significant public interest -- be it about fish stocks, genetically modified crops or mercury pollution in t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is completely disgusting, and may also offer a glimpse of what the United States is facing.
I mean how often you wonder.... where the hell is the scientific community on this issue?

Have we come this far already?

"If you can't get access to a nice, feel-good science story about flooding at the end of last glaciation, can you imagine trying to get access to scientists with information about cadmium and mercury in the Athabasca River? Absolutely impossible," says Weaver, in reference to growing controversy over contaminants downstream from Alberta's oilsands.

Wow that's pretty bad, I almost don't even know what to say about this.
I just wonder about how many things we should know about that we do not know about.

www.vancouversun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Are you kidding? This isnt news, this is olds. Bloody Canadian government have already scuppered the solution to the energy crisis.
A gentleman applied for a patent for a device he planned to manufacture which could produce a quantum macro object (I think thats the term he used) a little like ball lightning, which if contained properly could run and run and produce masses of energy in a clean , and near on fuel free way .
The person who responded to his request flat out told him no on the grounds that his device would destabilise the ecconomic status quo!
What does that say to you about the Canadian government? To me it says "Im in someones pocket, and its lovely and warm in here... no room for you though hahahahaha!".

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Sounds like a story I learned of a few years ago, a cousin of mine in Slough made a device that could recharge non-rechargeable batteries. I believe it was either Energizer or Duracell that bought the patent from him.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread about the quantum free energy thing... I got a few details of the legal proceeding wrong. It wasnt a patent , it was application to become a public company which they dissallowed.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just what exactly does the Canadian government want to hide about the scientific geologic data concerning the last ice age?

Perhaps they are locking all scientists down in order to not draw attention to the actual scientists they are targeting for censorship.

One things for sure, people will find out what they are trying to hide. I hope it isn't 2012 related

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I very much doubt that this specific muzzling has anything at all to do with 2012, and is probably more about preventing the information which could LEAD to a major embarassment from coming out.
What we have to understand , is that even if a project is not aimed at the discovery of say , mineral deposits (oil, ore, gas , that sorta thing) then information in that study may point to such a thing. Lets say theres a multinational organisation , making sure that they know where all the oil in existance is, so that they can drip feed it to us at ever more extortionate rates. It would be better for them , that NO information comes out about the area it can be found in, no matter how seemingly inconsequential, because just the merest hint could lead a good geologist right to it.
It works for anything a government needs to hide. Weapons, oil, UFO, free energy solutions, anything. Its BS, and every time the Canadian public vote, they are ASKING it to happen again , and again, and again. Kill the suits, free the science.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Just what exactly does the Canadian government want to hide about the scientific geologic data concerning the last ice age?

I think that they might want to have a base for saying "a million years ago this happened, and now it's happening again"

they don't want a scientist saying... um nooo that never happened.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I think that they might want to have a base for saying "a million years ago this happened, and now it's happening again"

they don't want a scientist saying... um nooo that never happened.

Ice ages occur every 10,000 years and we're due for one anytime now. Anyone else on here read the ATS article about the disappearance of the North Atlantic/Norway current? Apparently whenever this happens, it is a sign of an ice age.

new topics

top topics

join