It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arms Deal Advances - White House to Notify Congress Soon of $60 Billion Package, Largest Ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Saudi promotes the most extremist form of islam known as wahabism.(look up on this this guy called ABDUL WAHAB NAJD who created the wahabi movement in Saudi).

Saudi funds radical islamic movements and funds islamic infrastructures being built around the world.

Saudi gave birth the the most wanted terrorist known as osama bin ladin.

Saudi is where most of the 9/11 hijackers came from.

Whats with the double standards? Can't even name it a love/hate relationship, its lovely Saudi all the way!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver

1. Firstly, it is widely accepted that the Saudis had a hand in 9/11.

Another reason why 9/11 was an inside job.

You don't shake hands with the enemy who attacked in such a brutal way.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Fair enough...

For others less knowledgeable this link goes back quite a few years.

Russia-Iran Arms Trade

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Is that going to be $60 billion worth of WMD's. Considering 1 gun can be a weapon of mass destruction. (If you don't believe one gun is a WMD, try rethinking that if one of your children was shot. The mass destruction it can do to one family is devastating0)

Points go to YOU!

Where the MSM failed to find WMD's in Iraqi insurgent hands, YOU FOUND THEM!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Points go to YOU!

Ohhh!

No you didn't?!?!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Is this part of the famous 'Nuclear Umbrella' I wonder?

Got to love this crazy ridiculous topsy turvy world of ours.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver
Here we go! World War III is coming to a Middle Eastern country near you! This has the hallmark of NWO smeared all over it.

1. Firstly, it is widely accepted that the Saudis had a hand in 9/11.

I'm having trouble with that. Could you define what you mean by "widely accepted" for me?

2. Next, they are a brutal regime that still practices barbaric, Middle Ages type justice.

Whose country is it again? Theirs or ours? Do you go 'round telling your neighbors how to run their own households?

3. Thirdly, they have been itching to hit Iran for years, and now the USA will give them the means.

This deal STINKS from which ever way you look at it.

Smells like flowers to me...

Obama has shown his hand. This stooge can not be trusted.

Well, we can agree on THAT, but this doesn't demonstrate it.

Why would you give the Saudis your best kept military secrets and hardware?

To solve problems?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Fair enough...

For others less knowledgeable this link goes back quite a few years.

Russia-Iran Arms Trade

Cool, thanks for the link
I read it, but i'll study the topic further when I get home

However based on what i've read so far it does look like what Iran bought was more for defense, and although the BOM for the Saudis have yet to be released i'm sure it will be for both defense and offense.

I mean I do see your argument, however I also see a difference in terms of what Iran has bought and what I am assuming that the Saudis will buy, however the article does give me a good impression of what they are planning to purchase.

I guess we'll have to wait and compare the BOM(bill of materials) that both of them bought for further analysis.

Saudis are buying advanced aircrafts and want the top of the lines!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by nenothtu
Points go to YOU!

Ohhh!

No you didn't?!?!

I've been a bad boy...

People don't like me...

But I call 'em like I see 'em...

I guess I'm just not seeing whatever it is that some of these folks are seeing as problematic. Blame Saudis for 9/11? That's like blaming Obama because my neighbor lets his dog crap in my yard.

After all, They're BOTH Americans.

Or ARE they?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Saudis are buying advanced aircrafts and want the top of the lines!

60 Billion is a lot...

Let's keep this in perspective. Saudi Arabia can afford the best, Iran cannot. Not only that, but US equipment is more expensive than Russian. [I'm not implying superiority] Just more expensive is all.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't know why but I thought i'd just add this for everyone to see for.... whatever reason

How Governments Sell Weapons

U.S.: Arms vendors have two ways to sell to other nations. Foreign Military Sales are government-to-government agreements negotiated by the Pentagon. Direct Commercial Sales are negotiated between manufacturers and buyers and are licensed by the State Department. Congressional approval is required for sales over $14 million; some allies enjoy a higher limit.

Russia: In 2000, Russia's two state-run arms dealers merged into the Rosoboronexport State Corporation. The company is steadily exerting greater control over the management of arms manufacturing companies, aligning the nation's geopolitical and financial goals.

www.popularmechanics.com...

ok thx

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for posting that. What I and I assume others do is to focus just on US/Russian arms sales. There is however a third contender and their influence is growing in leaps and bounds.

China

China expanding African arms sales

Hong Kong, China — Increasing quantities of China-made military equipment have been finding their way to Africa, traded for oil, mineral resources and even fishing rights....

=36053&tx_ttnews[backPid]=7&cHash=960d5733b0]China’s Arms Sales to Latin America: Another Arrow in the Quiver

Strengthening China’s military presence in Latin America is one of the many manifestations of Beijing’s increased activity on the international stage. Arms sales is a subset of the Chinese military's growing involvement in Latin America....

China’s Arms Sales Rise While Those of Russia Fall

But now a new competitor has entered the race: China. Its expanding economy has a voracious appetite for raw materials and hydrocarbons and its state owned companies have been planting themselves round the globe.When it comes to arms sales, China has a great advantage over its rivals....

edit on 13-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I wasnt finished mashing the keyboard with my big fat hair knuckles

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sounds like to me Russia and the US can see the writing on the wall with Iran, and are simply supplying their neighbors with a means to fight back.

Which in turn means Iran is pretty close to getting its hands on weapons that they could use to bully people in the middle east.

People think Iran is peaceful nation that hasnt done anything wrong......however I have known many deviants that never did anything wrong......until they had the means to......

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I don't know one person at least that I've met that have issues with the Iranian people.
Their Government on the other hand like all Governments leaves a lot to be desired.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In 1996 i almost went to Saudi Arabia to crew on a Saudi minesweeper.

Yes the Saudis want this equipment and can use it but in most cases they will have to hire support crews to operate the equipment.

The Saudis can find there own people that will fly fighter jets but there people do not want jobs as ground crew. The Saudis have to hire Americans to do the ground crew part.
There are many jobs the Saudis think they are to good to do and with the money most Saudis with good education make its cheaper for there government to hire people through American aerospace contractors.
Many of the systems on order, such as the M-1A2 Abrams main battle tank, M-2A2 Bradley armored vehicles, F-15E Strike Eagle attack aircraft and Patriot surface-to-air missile, are the top-of-the-line systems deployed with U.S. forces and the Saudis will be hard pressed to train people to work on them.
The only way for them to have the people with the training is to hire American defence contractors to do there support work.

There are a lot of ex US military personal that work for US defense contractors in Saudi Arabia doing support work.
During any year there are about 100,000 Americans working in Saudi Arabia between oil field and military support work

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

edit on 14-9-2010 by ANNED because: double post

edit on 14-9-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Arm the middle-east to the teeth and let Iran go nuclear... Obama, wtf??

Maybe Bush's foreign policy wasn't all that bad?.

Anyways.. these "fighter jets" are a dumbed down version with no radar or cloaking and such. I saw it posted on jpost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join