It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Double Dip...25k US Dollars? What would you invest in now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archon_Adept
a gun and all the ammo you can buy.

Yeah maybe, but I'd be burying it the back yard.

Oh btw, where'd you get the 25k ??? a hold up maybe

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's quite obvious you should invest in uranium.

The American government just approved it's first new reactor in over 30 years!

They have an insane amount of money on the table for 2011 as well

Research how many reactors are being built at this exact moment in China and India

Then research where the best uranium is hosted on the planet\

and Bingo

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by mamabeth

In case a lot of you don't know this...
updating my kitchen could be considered an
investment.Having an updated, functioning
kitchen helps the house to sell.

i'm not the brightest light in the tanning bed.....but given the news on plummeting home sales, strategic defaults and all the other wonderful economic news of today is your advice sound ? Sure having a spiffy new kitchen is great but your "investment" could easily go up in smoke given current market conditions.

brill

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
As far as metals, I would stay away from gold and instead go with silver
--airspoon

Agreed. I am seriously looking at a small purchase of physical silver (10K). I really think silver is going to explode, a lot of discussion lately on this.

brill

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
It would depend on what the goal of the investment would be. Also, what's the time horizon: short term, intermediate, long term? If I didn't need the money for ten years or more I'd invest in a Vanguard index fund, with a bond index fund as well. Maybe an 80/20 allocation.

Some of the worst advice I have heard on here. How would that advice had done the last 10 years? Down. 3 years? Down. 5 years? Down. You'd have to stretch back 15 year to be positive and when including inflation you'd be barely up. The buy and hold mantra is dead for now. Also, bonds will get KILLED as interest rates go up. We have a bond bubble building as we speak. Do not listen to someone giving you this advice. Hasn't worked and won't work for quite some time. The economy is not set up for stock or bonds to do well long term right now. Anyone saying otherwise is ignoring macroeconomic events and technicals.

Realistically, much of it depends on if we enter a period of inflation, deflation or stagflation. The best answers so far are commodities, but those are far from a sure thing either. For now I would buy commodities on price dips, with silver being both volatile and undervalued. So you should have opportunities to slowly enter a little at a time. But you'll need to monitor things, because this economy and the various investment markets can change quickly. If you don't have the time or interest, find a money manager that is not tied to a benchmark and is an outside the box investor. Basically stay away from the large investment firms since they won't allow outside the box investing. Depending on where you live, I may be able to give you some recommendations if you send me a private message.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Start with a Solar and wind setup for about 10 - 12 thousand with lots of deep cycle batteries. Buy DC appliances even if you have an AC converter. Regardless of what happens you'll want to always have power availability. You might not always be able to afford it.
Next get you some hens ,a rooster, and also have a pond with something like Tilapia stocked in it. Make a worm farm which will supply some food for your fish and chickens. If you want to survive anything you need to grow and raise your own food so of course a garden.

You will then have food and electricity no matter what. You can always sell or trade eggs or meat.

Yea, and a gun and bullets because then you'll need to protect your investment from others. Sadly those who are prepared are going to be up against those who are not.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A gun or two and some ammo. If you can, get one illegally/without papers so it can't be traced back to you and bury it in a waterproof case with ammo. I would personally invest some of it in gold and silver. Not a lot but something to have on hand for trade if/when shtf. I have been gathering camping gear so I can just set up shop wherever my heart desires so maybe a tent, sleeping bags and some everyday cooking utensils. You could always build a lead-lined bomb shelter in the ground. Definitely stock up on seeds though. Stuff that will grow in harsh climates is best i would imagine. Or you could just go on a nice vacation for 2 weeks. Savor the memories...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join