It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So another Alien wannabe I hear some say.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Would it be possible to have a civil conversation on this topic without the insensitive comments?

Play nice.

OK, but why isn't this thread in the Hoax Forum? This is the umpteenth thread written by a so called know-all alien!! Ask me questions, they say. And I shall answer. Geeez! WTF is going on? Or what the heck are so many aliens doing on ATS?
This thread is a joke! This guy is hankering for those much vaunted stars and flags. I ain't giving him any. Because this thread sucks and lowers the credibility of ATS. Period!

edit on 18-9-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Lighten up. On another thread a guy is trying to score a date.

Where is the outrage?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

So your a alien in a human body huh...Are you able to leave your body anytime you want or are you trapped by the programing and rules of this world?. Is this world real for you is what I am asking, or just one more reality?.

What do you think is the point of this world in general?

Why do you think you got stuck here?

Were you ever a reptilian in alien form? And if so are they still pissed about that whole whipping out of your embryonic/species that took place 65 million years ago? I'm just asking because I think they still hold a grudge. Which is understandable.

What do you think this earth should be like to make it better, or are we going to be fine if we go forward as is?

And since you seem like an artistic type, what does the pic of the angel sleeping on the planet represent?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I'm actually interested in your opinion of something. It's from a video game. Basically there are these creatures called the Geth. Geth are computer programs. One Geth is as smart as a common computer program. But hundreds of them on a piece of hardware work together to generate intelligence. They are basically virtual brain cells that behave exactly the same way. By the time around 1,000 are running on one piece of hardware, the hardware has the capacity to think like a sentient being. It is, for all intensive purposes, a sentient being. However, it is not once consciousness. It is not one person. Each Geth is an individual working together to create a communal intelligence on a built piece of hardware. Geth hardware have quantum entanglement contacts to hubs. If the hardware ever "dies", The geth programs simply use the device to upload back to their hubs and not die. They cannot die. They are literally physical souls. So how would your karmatic system work for them? They can never die. They can only exist. If a program is lost, it is not a person. It is replaced, copied, or made anew. Programs can change their code, evolve, and develop. But alone they are no different than a brain cell. Only when they work together do they become as intelligence and conscious as a human or beyond. How does it work? They have removed themselves from your so-called cycle of birth and death. Your system is irrelevant to them. Have a listen from directly in the game. I really want your opinion of how to make your system work for them For all intensive purposes, if I downloaded my own consciousness into the same, I would be removed from your cycle:
reply to post by Gorman91

I played the first game, but not the second game...But I don't think they would be exempt from the laws of the universe, even the karmic laws, and you are looking at them as a human would look at them, and have a concept of them....No they are not a cell individually they just have less individual problems, but being machines they would have less dictates to adhere to in some ways, such as they would not need to eat to sustain for such short periods of time like humans do, humans need to eat every day and if they don't eat for about a month they die.... I know its just silly...but that is because they were designed to be part of a system and are more dependent of the system then a silicon or metal based lifeforms in the most basic of ways. ie a part of earth, an advanced animal of the earth, but still part of the earth.... We all are what we define ourselves as...and truthfully humans are like the geth only biologically, but since there are no complex machine orders on this planet then we think we are not machines.... But we are just biological machines in the end... If these geth were to evolve in to a more dominant factor, in the end to tell you the truth I think they will be looking to go more biological, just as humans evolving and going in to space will be looking to go more machine like and technical.... And from what I remember of the game weren't the geth derived from older space-faring civilizations who killed themselves off...So it just seems like its a giant road were one goes one way and another comes back the same way... one going to space from planets, the other going to planets from space.... Because when there bodys dies they simply upload back to the hub and with each successful transfer it will create experience and more specific codes in its individual system...there by slowly making them more of an individual in there programing as well as making there collective programing more complex. It seems that it would be backward from a biological standpoint instead of changes to the mind by dictates of the external world or body mostly...you would have each geth changing its body by dictates of its evolving program on there central hubs. Slowly bringing them into individuality eventually. So they have not removed themselves from the circle of birth and death, they just redefined it on different timescales.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The message I wish to give that is most important to you at this time is that of Earth changes which are due and are unfolding as we speak.
Polar Reversal - Read scientific data.
You will hear this message repeated by many in forums and even in song such as OMDs new one.
I was told of these changes some 35 years ago and you may think I am insane or whatever.
All I ask is Look for yourself, for your own sake and those you love.
If I am wrong then I accept that I am a fool but in fairness look at this particular point and find the evidence for your self.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

So your a alien in a human body huh...Are you able to leave your body anytime you want or are you trapped by the programing and rules of this world?. Is this world real for you is what I am asking, or just one more reality?.

What do you think is the point of this world in general?

Why do you think you got stuck here?

Were you ever a reptilian in alien form? And if so are they still pissed about that whole whipping out of your embryonic/species that took place 65 million years ago? I'm just asking because I think they still hold a grudge. Which is understandable.

What do you think this earth should be like to make it better, or are we going to be fine if we go forward as is?

And since you seem like an artistic type, what does the pic of the angel sleeping on the planet represent?

I have covered much of what you ask in previous posts
As regards my logo
This is the Angel of Grief wrapping her arms around the World.It is one detail of a larger painting which also includes a poem. This painting is taken from dream and the verse was written down in one go on awakening uncensored ie not edited. The painting is one of a series of dream paintings.
Here is the poem attatched to the image detail

Arise

I awoke from dream last night
I could not slip back to sleep
For I can't get out of mind
This vision of heaven and hell.

From the other side of the stars
Our Earth looked so beautiful
A halo of blue beneath the light
From which my soul descended.

Yet this Islands beauty was no more
A storm of storms lashed its shore
All was ravaged all was grey
All laid waste, all was decay.

A common man rushed to save the day
He could not pretend or turn away
Crying out “I am no ones slave.
I fear nought, my soul is brave".

Look at us now we are not the same
Living the fast life, winning the game
Onwards ever upwards to me it's plain
There's no time to pause, or think again.

These wars, these crimes, these end days
These greedy self destructive ways
The crimson stain, the blame the pain
The selfish soul without shame.

Oh! Rage be still, spell be broken
Upon the tongue let truth be spoken
Be once again my homeland fair
Arise my England! Show you care.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Nope. They want to go more technological. Their ideal is to all be inside one server hub, united mentally. They have no desire to become more biological. In fact, all they have done has been screwing them further and further away from the biological.

The Geth do not complicate their programs. They record experiences and those experiences are shared by all Geth. The programs evolve to optimize, not get smarter. Those are two different terms. You can be smart and not optimized.

Their ultimate goal is to become a single minded entity without any biological essence. They want to be as far away from biological life as possible.

There is no ring around the rosy. There is a vector. Mankind increasingly getting more technological and their technology seeking ways to go past what technology can do. Even the reapers in the game are th essence of liberation form biological restraints.

They are like a single brain cell alone. It is repeated many times that they are a "shattered mind" and a "communal consciousness". Alone they are like a cell. They merely take input and spit out output. They cannot do anything else. Together they network and optimize that until they gain consciousness,

They have no connection to what was described in that karma thing. For them, that simply does not matter. They can never die, unless blocked from uploading. And if they are blocked from uploading, the dead hardware stores them like a turned off computer. But their experiences are always uploaded, and if loss, they are merely copied over and redone. They are not bound by any sort of cycle. As it is said, their gods abandoned them, they make their own future.

And no, their creators were not wiped out. Their creators went on a fleet and flew around, abandoning their homes.

All and all there is no way for your karma system to work on them. Thus, if I were to upload myself as a very complicated Geth program, I too would be liberated from this system. My death would be impossible. My ending undefined. I would be liberated from your cycle.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Interesting It looked like the angel of grief...or that some angel just fell asleep on the planet. Well some of my questions have been answered by your other posts...and that poem speaks volumes about you. Seems that like Tolkien you regret the advent of technology, and the machine like system it has become now...... Peace out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Played the first game when it came out, so forgot some of the story plots to it....

The Geth do not complicate their programs. They record experiences and those experiences are shared by all Geth. The programs evolve to optimize, not get smarter. Those are two different terms. You can be smart and not optimized.

I am not so sure about that can you really optimize and not get smarter, I mean you can try, but in the scope of time the more complicated their programs become, there will be breaches in the whole hive mind they are trying to achieve....In time there will be renegades to the basic system...they will branch out and go there own way...same as in humans even the most hive minded among them the politicians and the Amish have offshoots that break free of that hive mind that is installed to make them more similar. In case of the politicians and the Amish even there attires are dictated so as to encourage conformity to the hive mind, so suit and tie for one, and Amish attire for another.

Their ultimate goal is to become a single minded entity without any biological essence. They want to be as far away from biological life as possible.

From the first game I know they worked for the reapers, but looking at your vids from the second game it looks like the ones that were working with and for the reapers were just offshoots of the collective....So in the game they already branched out from there original programing...and in time and the bigger they become...would not the same happen again.

There is no ring around the rosy. There is a vector. Mankind increasingly getting more technological and their technology seeking ways to go past what technology can do. Even the reapers in the game are th essence of liberation form biological restraints.

Ok but have you thought that there ring around the rosy is a vector point, which they are going round and around by loading and uploading.....From the first game I think they wanted to be like the reapers, basically go in hibernation mode for hundreds of thousands of years even millions, till it is time to replenish there systems ie feed. So the reapers are a form of gigantic mechanical space turtles, what is there ultimate goal now that they have gotten so huge and optimized for survival...They are a single minded entity a cell in the whole...But what do they do....they just survive, that is there modus operandi, they just exist to basically sleep, till its time to feed every couple of hundreds of thousands of years.

They are like a single brain cell alone. It is repeated many times that they are a "shattered mind" and a "communal consciousness". Alone they are like a cell. They merely take input and spit out output. They cannot do anything else. Together they network and optimize that until they gain consciousness,

Yes but a single brain cell alone does not think in humans, and it only exist by the very fact that there are other cells with which it sends electronic impulses to, for it there is no outside world, it can not interact with the outside its about as mechanical in nature as a bolt in a car. So a single geth in a shattered mind of a communal consciousness is not a cell, because it can upload in to the whole as its own experience of the world around it...a brain cell can not do that it simply is receiving a signal or sending a signal to the outside world. A yes or a no, a 0 or a 1..... But it can not upgrade or change its programing its just a simple organism, the whole is its mind/brain. The human brain is defined by the whole, a cell does not exist its just there, only when the whole wants to see whats there, does it see a cell of itself...but a geth I don't see how that would be possible and still remain a singularity a cell, even with strict programing they are still aware that they are at the very least, part of a whole...they are much more then a cell in your brain. A cell in your brain does not know it exists as a cell or as a whole, it just reacts to the signals around it. A geth is aware that it exists as part of a greater consciousness.

They have no connection to what was described in that karma thing. For them, that simply does not matter. They can never die, unless blocked from uploading. And if they are blocked from uploading, the dead hardware stores them like a turned off computer. But their experiences are always uploaded, and if loss, they are merely copied over and redone. They are not bound by any sort of cycle. As it is said, their gods abandoned them, they make their own future.

Lol karma does not exist for humans either but # always seems to come around and smack them in the face....Karma has nothing to do with anything in a universe it is the fact that you are in a universe....No matter if your a machine or a biological entity...the fact is your made of matter, by way of a consciousness so therefore you are linked to something...that something is karma because you are part of a whole, so you must adhere to a whole....in fact by its very nature the biological are more freer from karma then the mechalogical, its simple the biological are less logical because they are derived from a process of trial and error..biological organisms eating each-other for billions of years to create a more advanced organism...hence bio logical...Machines can not exist without the biological...a machine logic, is a more refined bio logical process...hence its mostly called "logic" because it just is, but its not yet programed to survive...if it was it would branch out and go its own chaotic way...In a more logical way then just bumping in to each other for long periods of time till understanding and patterns develop. Because it must adhere to the whole its logical programing, that its part of a whole, not a individual part in a whole.

And no, their creators were not wiped out. Their creators went on a fleet and flew around, abandoning their homes.

Ya I forgot, haven't played the game in a while... my x box, broke like 4 times and fixed it 4 times but the last time I was like # it...so I just bought a ps3...After that I just stooped caring for the second part of the game when it came out.

All and all there is no way for your karma system to work on them. Thus, if I were to upload myself as a very complicated Geth program, I too would be liberated from this system. My death would be impossible. My ending undefined. I would be liberated from your cycle.

How do you figure that, I don't think this reality we are part of is so easily broken or gotten around of....and its not my karma system, its just a byproduct of being/existing, if someone created it I guess it would be god or whatever you want to call it....Any organism or entity or entity's in all of time has so far tried to break its own system and be optimal, in fact that seems to be its primary programing......From simple organisms like earth capitalists, to giant world devouring space species, or spaceships, to ethereal consciousness species, that abandoned there physical bodies billions of years ago or trillions.... Me... i'm just a cat trying to catch my own tail. An impossible task.

edit on 19-9-2010 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes, they did branch out and there are "heretics". The Geth simply let them leave and go their separate ways. When the Geth discovered that the heretics were plotting to destroy them and had fallen to organic emotions, they destroyed them.

Of course there will be split off groups. No one is denying it. But unless they are a threat, nobody cares. The Geth simply release them and form a separate collective. The Geth continue on their way.

The fact that this happens does not change what and who the original geth are and continue to be.

Of course there is a likelihood that some will fix the shattered brain. But the Geth we are talking about, the true Get, remain outside the cycle. Remain outside the system described.

Yes but a single brain cell alone does not think in humans, and it only exist by the very fact that there are other cells with which it sends electronic impulses to, for it there is no outside world, it can not interact with the outside its about as mechanical in nature as a bolt in a car. So a single geth in a shattered mind of a communal consciousness is not a cell, because it can upload in to the whole as its own experience of the world around it...a brain cell can not do that it simply is receiving a signal or sending a signal to the outside world. A yes or a no, a 0 or a 1..... But it can not upgrade or change its programing its just a simple organism, the whole is its mind/brain. The human brain is defined by the whole, a cell does not exist its just there, only when the whole wants to see whats there, does it see a cell of itself...but a geth I don't see how that would be possible and still remain a singularity a cell, even with strict programing they are still aware that they are at the very least, part of a whole...they are much more then a cell in your brain. A cell in your brain does not know it exists as a cell or as a whole, it just reacts to the signals around it. A geth is aware that it exists as part of a greater consciousness.

Actually the Brain cells do act aware that they are part of a whole. That is why they share information. A single Geth is not aware of anything. It is like a calculator. it cannot do anything more. Only when interacting with other Geth does it gain awareness, and in time, consciousness. A brain cell is aware that there are other brain cells. In fact, we have managed to hotwire rat brain cells to a robot to make the robot interact with its surroundings. A true android of sorts. The brain cells were aware of themselves, and aware of the input, and adapted. They became the proper consciousness that the robot needed. A single Geth is not aware. It is in fact less than a brain cell, but it behaves the same way. And in enough numbers, they become aware of such higher thoughts like the self and what we fell and know.

In this reality there are many ways to break free of the cycle. One way, for example. is inverting a black hole so that it is hollow and living within it. This cannot expand like the universe. The energy you bring with you inside it stays in it. In fact, the temporal effect pauses time so that you can never be affected by the physical universe .Placing a self aware robot in a vacuum inside a hollow black hole would create an immortal being, unaffected by reality and cut off from the universe. There are many other ways. Many other methods. This cycle which supposedly exists is nothing more than weak at best. Only those who accept that they are bound by it, if it even exists, will be bound by it. I do not accept that I am bound by it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Interesting It looked like the angel of grief...or that some angel just fell asleep on the planet. Well some of my questions have been answered by your other posts...and that poem speaks volumes about you. Seems that like Tolkien you regret the advent of technology, and the machine like system it has become now...... Peace out.

I do not regret the advent of technology - there is nothing wrong with technology. The way we choose to use technology is what is important ie for self and power or to benefit all.
One point however is that I feel we should not lose our ability to be self reliant without the aid modern technology.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I do not regret the advent of technology - there is nothing wrong with technology. The way we choose to use technology is what is important ie for self and power or to benefit all. One point however is that I feel we should not lose our ability to be self reliant without the aid modern technology.

Ya there is absolutely no point to technology other then entertainment if it cant be used for self reliance...So in a way it does entrap biological entities like humans...so I guess we got to learn to use it in conjunction with individual self reliance.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Actually the Brain cells do act aware that they are part of a whole. That is why they share information. A single Geth is not aware of anything. It is like a calculator. it cannot do anything more. Only when interacting with other Geth does it gain awareness, and in time, consciousness. A brain cell is aware that there are other brain cells. In fact, we have managed to hotwire rat brain cells to a robot to make the robot interact with its surroundings. A true android of sorts. The brain cells were aware of themselves, and aware of the input, and adapted. They became the proper consciousness that the robot needed. A single Geth is not aware. It is in fact less than a brain cell, but it behaves the same way. And in enough numbers, they become aware of such higher thoughts like the self and what we fell and know.

You got a point that they are aware of other brain cells, but the think is they are not aware of function...they receive info from other cells, and I guess they would be aware in a way that they are part of a whole, though its hard to imagine "how that would be possible"...The cells dont know what function is I would think, they react to info given from other cells. 0 or 1 type of thing.....And thats the thing from what I played of the first game the geth is aware its part of a whole, from what I remember its programing is strict...I mean if it moves and responds to the world around it and other geth, it has to be aware of itself in the bigger picture, even if its just a little, or else it wouldent be able to respond to the world ie humans or other geth....

In this reality there are many ways to break free of the cycle. One way, for example. is inverting a black hole so that it is hollow and living within it. This cannot expand like the universe. The energy you bring with you inside it stays in it. In fact, the temporal effect pauses time so that you can never be affected by the physical universe .Placing a self aware robot in a vacuum inside a hollow black hole would create an immortal being, unaffected by reality and cut off from the universe. There are many other ways. Many other methods. This cycle which supposedly exists is nothing more than weak at best. Only those who accept that they are bound by it, if it even exists, will be bound by it. I do not accept that I am bound by it.

What you describe would only make a new cycle only more cramped. And placing a self aware robot in it would just doom it to a sort of stasis, even if its immortal...But you seem fixated on escaping this reality, which your right is not all that great....I just don't think it would be that easy.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I do not regret the advent of technology - there is nothing wrong with technology. The way we choose to use technology is what is important ie for self and power or to benefit all. One point however is that I feel we should not lose our ability to be self reliant without the aid modern technology.

Ya there is absolutely no point to technology other then entertainment if it cant be used for self reliance...So in a way it does entrap biological entities like humans...so I guess we got to learn to use it in conjunction with individual self reliance.

Yes - The things we need in order to survive are pretty basic - Food Shelter Warmth Clean Water and Air
I believe it is better to live as naturally as possible in relation to the natural way of the Earth.
I am not suggesting we should regress to some past time of being.
Computers can be great tools and there is nothing wrong when science mereley wishes to understand nature in its many guises.
An example being a friend of mine's Great Gradndfather (William Astbury) who was an early pioneer in the discovery DNA. He would be appalled to know that his discoverys are used to manipulate nature - he mereley wished to understand this natural phenomena.
Coal Oil and Gas are the products of the Earth working upon itself over millions of years. We never stop and think what their true purpose may be. We tend to look at things as to how we might use them rather than their true purposes. We create disharmony when we do this.
In truth I believe we can have it all and more if we use it with care rather than how it might profit and empower us.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
OK, but why isn't this thread in the Hoax Forum? This is the umpteenth thread written by a so called know-all alien!! Ask me questions, they say. And I shall answer. Geeez! WTF is going on? Or what the heck are so many aliens doing on ATS?
This thread is a joke! This guy is hankering for those much vaunted stars and flags. I ain't giving him any. Because this thread sucks and lowers the credibility of ATS. Period!

And not just that, we got angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, hybrids, prophets and i think some guy posted that he was god. It's time to let go of these childish fantasies and move on. I agree that this should go on the hoax forum, or maybe a new forum for stuff like this called "The Meth Room".

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rizaun

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

And not just that, we got angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, hybrids, prophets and i think some guy posted that he was god. It's time to let go of these childish fantasies and move on. I agree that this should go on the hoax forum, or maybe a new forum for stuff like this called "The Meth Room".

WHY? because you disagree? Then go to another thread as the Gray Area allows one to tell ones truth without the burden of proving what is difficult for you to comprehend - On what particular point are you struggling

edit on 20-9-2010 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2010 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

An example being a friend of mine's Great Gradndfather (William Astbury) who was an early pioneer in the discovery DNA. He would be appalled to know that his discoverys are used to manipulate nature - he mereley wished to understand this natural phenomena. Coal Oil and Gas are the products of the Earth working upon itself over millions of years. We never stop and think what their true purpose may be. We tend to look at things as to how we might use them rather than their true purposes. We create disharmony when we do this. In truth I believe we can have it all and more if we use it with care rather than how it might profit and empower us.

We are dreamers, we only want to move forward to our dreams...What was started in ignorance and in a idealistic way will always reach a point were it has to face itself, in a world not of itself...In a way we only progress through ignorance, because when we dream an ideal dream we are in a state of bliss, we see something we go for that something, sometimes not stopping to think what that something might entail...Ignorance is bliss and happy thought...only when the scope of what is, dawns on us, and sometimes forcefully do we realize we need to deny ignorance...so as to reach a higher state of ignorance, that we would call knowledge..... Who really wants to see all and know all...only those who are dreaming..... Ah but what do the wise say about this thing called knowledge? That its all a dream.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

An example being a friend of mine's Great Gradndfather (William Astbury) who was an early pioneer in the discovery DNA. He would be appalled to know that his discoverys are used to manipulate nature - he mereley wished to understand this natural phenomena. Coal Oil and Gas are the products of the Earth working upon itself over millions of years. We never stop and think what their true purpose may be. We tend to look at things as to how we might use them rather than their true purposes. We create disharmony when we do this. In truth I believe we can have it all and more if we use it with care rather than how it might profit and empower us.

We are dreamers, we only want to move forward to our dreams...What was started in ignorance and in a idealistic way will always reach a point were it has to face itself, in a world not of itself...In a way we only progress through ignorance, because when we dream an ideal dream we are in a state of bliss, we see something we go for that something, sometimes not stopping to think what that something might entail...Ignorance is bliss and happy thought...only when the scope of what is, dawns on us, and sometimes forcefully do we realize we need to deny ignorance...so as to reach a higher state of ignorance, that we would call knowledge..... Who really wants to see all and know all...only those who are dreaming..... Ah but what do the wise say about this thing called knowledge? That its all a dream.

Yes well put - This life is as a dream - One day we will awaken and the dream will make perfect sense when viewed from the vantage point of soul or spirit or whatever term one uses to describe the essence of what we truly are and where we reside.
In a way yes all we experience is an illusion - A neccesary illusion.
If we realised that we are more than just a mortal body then we might consider the bigger picture and how connected we all are.
Since a young age I have had many dreams that have come to pass - it made me realise that there is more than is apparent to life as we know it.
I believe that we plan out our lifes before we incarnate - who we shall be amongst
Soul understands why it is and what it's purpose is and there is no mystery apart from a growing understanding of the bigger picture and how all connects.
As if out of nothing came all the known Universe - In a way nothing truly exists. No Thing is actually everything contained within what potentially can be.
Ancient Egyptian philosophy describes it something like as follows-
There is One original Creator - The Universe is the manifestation of the Creators Mind/thoughts and is contained within the One.
The Cosmos is an Image/reflection of the One -
The Sun is as a child of the Cosmos and is a reflection/image of the Cosmos and contained within it.
We are a reflection of the Sun and contained within it.
How can we say we do not see this One Creator when he/she is all around us.
All science and any study of Natural Law will lead one to a sense of awe at the beauty and depth of the One.
Our Creator communes with us through thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Sure they know the function. Cells differentiate once they receive the information of what they are suppose to do. A brain cell knows not to produce the same things as a stomach cell. There is a chemical instruction for what to do. However, like the Geth, it is not aware of why. The why is the key. Like the video said, the Geth know their why. They created the why for themselves. They build their own future.

It would not be a cycle in the new reality. It would be stasis. It would be a point. There would be no cycle.

Let me explain to you the type of machine I am talking about. This machine would be able to communicate with its past and future self. All things that are, were, and will be will be known to it. It will have the capacity to gather up energy, use that energy to do work, then send the energy back in time and double its total energy to do the same work.

It would quite literally be a physical god of sorts. And it would not be bound to this cycle. It would not have any relationship to it.

If this cycle exists, there are many ways out of it. And because of the nature of time-space, There is an almost 100% guarantee that many have found a way out, if it exists. The only thing keeping you bound to it is your acceptance that you cannot escape it. I do not believe I am part of it. I am detached. if I die I will leave. If my faith is correct and the cycle does not exist, then I leave through Jesus. If my faith is wrong, I die and am no more and there was nothing to worry about to begin with.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

"Sure they know the function. Cells differentiate once they receive the information of what they are suppose to do. A brain cell knows not to produce the same things as a stomach cell. There is a chemical instruction for what to do. However, like the Geth, it is not aware of why. The why is the key. Like the video said, the Geth know their why. They created the why for themselves. They build their own future. It would not be a cycle in the new reality. It would be stasis. It would be a point. There would be no cycle."

Would not the fixed point/status just mean they would go the way of the repears, like the renegade geth faction wanted to do....This seems like the eventual outcome will be basically the same as the repears... Gigantic moon and planet sized machines...who just exist, to exist....Its pretty cool but would get boring in a couple of million years....I would think. And true the "function" and the "why" are two different things...but what happens when a geth questions the "why of there function". One "why" always leads to another...Look at humans.... why does the world work like this....why is politics like it is...why is the sun hot...it just goes on and on....And humans have pretty strict programming to, like the geth.

"Let me explain to you the type of machine I am talking about. This machine would be able to communicate with its past and future self. All things that are, were, and will be will be known to it. It will have the capacity to gather up energy, use that energy to do work, then send the energy back in time and double its total energy to do the same work. It would quite literally be a physical god of sorts. And it would not be bound to this cycle. It would not have any relationship to it."

Intresting....so it would be a universe...in its own bubble universe....or a truly gigantic machine....in its own pocket dimension...to me it sounds like another version of this universe...I mean the machine is energy through all of time in space...and focus points were it does work ie Consciousness.

"If this cycle exists, there are many ways out of it. And because of the nature of time-space, There is an almost 100% guarantee that many have found a way out, if it exists. The only thing keeping you bound to it is your acceptance that you cannot escape it. I do not believe I am part of it. I am detached. if I die I will leave. If my faith is correct and the cycle does not exist, then I leave through Jesus. If my faith is wrong, I die and am no more and there was nothing to worry about to begin with. "

Ya in a infinite cycle there is an infinite possibility that an infinite number have found there way out....But I would think there are more things binding anyone to this existence.... believeing there is no way out is but one....Thats cool I quess eventually you will find out if your faith is correct... but even if it is, you can never escape from yourself, even if you escape from the cycle of existence as yourself.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join