It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery - a simple test

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

I hear ya, load & clear. Whats that saying "The love of money is the root of all evil". So true.

But money itself is not the issue - its those who dont know what 'enough money' is. And when they do, they seek beyond money - and that is only power.

And the people of the world suffer. Well a lot of the world in any case.

I ride a bike to work, make salads for lunch, brew my own beer. But of course I do make money to buy stuff - food mainly. Wish I had enough to put rain tanks and solar power on.

The world is such a beautiful and fantastic place, but most people never see it. People in general are good people, but most people never see it - they trust no one.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ah the luxury of being rich... *sigh*

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Rich? As in lots of money? Some money is good, but so is freedom, and the ability to appreciate and treasure all of lifes wonders. To focus on the acquisition [and keeping!] of money causes most people to lose interest in the aspects of life that used to bring them pleasure.

The longer you do something the more 'normal' it gets, so after years it is totally normal and not absurd. But think carefully about your life and look for the small absurdities.

There is plenty of room and resources on the planet for all to live without anyone being destitute, but the greedy folk at the top have 99% of the wealth.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join