It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Igor approaching Category 5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Hurricane Igor approaching Category 5

www.cnn.com

Hurricane Igor, which quickly intensified over the weekend, was poised on Monday to become a Category 5 storm -- the most-powerful on the Saffir-Simpson scale that measures tropical weather.
Igor, which started as a tropical storm on Saturday, rapidly intensified from a Category 2 to a Category 4 storm Sunday, according to the National Hurricane Center. Forecasters described it as "large and powerful."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We cant underestimate any hurricanes
especially a powerful Cat 5
I dont know but i have a bad feeling about this one
the satellite pictures scares me .. its a perfect massive hurricane..

Igor:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a92fa614a940.jpg[/atsimg]

Earl was far less powerfull
Igor have the potential to become another Katrina
This thread will follow Igor ... hope this hurricane will not cause a carnage on its way
it look like its heading to North Carolina again ...
they are all attacking the East coast from the Atlantic Ocean

We are deep in the hurricanes season thats for sure... the gulf of Mexico didnt have to much hurricanes
thats a good news for them and will not disperse oil on the land

Do you realise a hurricane is created by Wind and Water .. they are our saviors for divers reasons we depend on them each days but so destructive when they are combined..

Mother Nature needs to be respected ...
but not underestimated

Bring it on Igor... hope you will kill nobody on your path

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/13/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good thread ben s & f

What a name for a hurricane! "death by igor" sounds just terrible.

I saw on the news it is heading directly towards bermuda, I hope it doesnt stir up
any secret technologies under the sea (a _ l a n t i s )

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Good thread ben s & f

What a name for a hurricane! "death by igor" sounds just terrible.

I saw on the news it is heading directly towards bermuda, I hope it doesnt stir up
any secret technologies under the sea (a _ l a n t i s )

Thanks ... whats funny about this
i knew a russian guy named Igor LOL
damn i laughed with that guy ahahah he resemble to Vladimir Putin

i dont know if its a sign
its the first time i see a hurricane named Igor lol

about the Bermuda triangle ... so many speculation about this mysterious place
maybe Atlantis is not on another planet under water like in Stargate
the City Energies if its in the Bermuda's .. then it would explain the phenomenons
i have never reader a thread about the Atlantis Bermuda connections on ATS
imagine Igor passing directly on the Bermuda triangle ... is it possible that it can increase hurricanes powers ??

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

One thing to me is certain, and that is with the present state of strange weather and unpredictable floods, earthquakes and impact events, I wouldnt even trust where the experts think Igor is heading.

A little shove to the magnetics of the moon or an odd CME/filament might just push Igor into a CAT 6 that wipes out millions of people.

Lets keep an eye on this growing beast

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I will go on record and say that this hurricane will turn north and go out in the ocean just like the last few. I think the gulf stream is steering them early.

After Fran I bought a generator. Since I bought it, we have not lost power for more than and hour. People in NC can just send checks in lou of flowers.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Ben81

One thing to me is certain, and that is with the present state of strange weather and unpredictable floods, earthquakes and impact events, I wouldnt even trust where the experts think Igor is heading.

A little shove to the magnetics of the moon or an odd CME/filament might just push Igor into a CAT 6 that wipes out millions of people.

Lets keep an eye on this growing beast

Cat 6 hurricane
... i never thought about that ..

is it possible ?
i think a Cat 6 hurricane will be similar to what we saw on The Day after tomorrow movie

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3b9096ec9b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Cat 6 hurricanes are destroyers of worlds litteraly .. hope we never see one
because they will create huge tsunamies

edit on 9/13/2010 by Ben81 because: correction

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yeah. The models and projections I've seen so far have it turning north Well before it nears the east coast, and far enough out that the cooler waters should have it downgrading quite rapidly after it makes that turn.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What exactly is a CAT6? Thought the highest it goes was CAT5?
As for CME's well you may wanna check out soho over last few days!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by network dude

Yeah. The models and projections I've seen so far have it turning north Well before it nears the east coast, and far enough out that the cooler waters should have it downgrading quite rapidly after it makes that turn.

Yes .. usualy they turn rapidly to the north
but only when they are smaller ..Earl is the perfect exemple of that north turn

turning a massive Cat 5 hurricane is more difficult
the possibilities that it continu and strike the land are there
of course shortly after touching the land it will be downgraded to a tropical storm .. but after how far ?

Igor raise my internal sensor alarms .. i dont know why
lol
lets wait and see ..
Igor is still very far from the USA approaching slowly but surely

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Updates on the hurricanes:

The Atlantic gained a second hurricane overnight as Tropical Storm Julia strengthened into a Category 1 storm, the National Hurricane Center reported.

Julia joins Hurricane Igor, which weakened early Tuesday, but still maintained its status as a powerful Category 4 storm as it churned far from land.

At 11 a.m. ET, Igor had top sustained winds of 135 mph (215 kph) and was moving to the west-northwest at 7 mph (11 kph), according to forecasters. The storm's center was about 710 miles (1,140 km) east of the northern Leeward Islands.

Igor, which started as a tropical storm on Saturday, rapidly intensified from a Category 2 to a Category 4 storm Sunday

Two hurricanes churn in Atlantic

they are all attacking the East cost from the atlantic ocean
it just need one similar to Katrina and thats it ...
even a Cat 1 hurricane cant be underestimated

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

One benefit could be adding oxygen to waters that were apparently depleted? Hence the apparent sea life dying off.
I find it unusual that there not really much news? Is its expected to miss or die out?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You may want to see this?
www.nhc.noaa.gov... smaller scale ofcourse but where's the news? None?!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Probably just a coincidence but......yesterday (here in Palm Beach county Florida) for the first time in many months....there were chemtrails over the ocean.

Okay, before I get cyberly beaten up, let me rephrase that. What I saw were non-CONtrails!

Because the truth of the matter is, I don't know for sure they're laced with chemicals. That's an assumption on my part. But what I do know (at 50 years old) is, the difference between what's NOT a 'con'trail.

This may have absolutely NOTHING to do with this but the last time I saw them out in numbers was, right before the Haitian earthquake! Coincidence? Probably...............! Stay tuned.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A powerful hurricane for sure. Good thing it won't come within 500 miles of land. Here are the current projections from NOAA:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

You can also go here to track the other TS, TD & Hurricanes (Just click on the red swirl icons):

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

You sure about that? I hope you are.
Be safe.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There is no threat from Igor.

As I said in the Spring, 2010 Hurricane season would be dull.. with maybe 1 cat 3 land hit.. (lets hope it stays that way!!!)

Sept is when the ITCZ is most active, if we get through Sept safe, we should be alright this year.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Judging by the location of the jestream, Igor look like it will graze the coast.

I did say that this was the system people should be keeping an eye on when a few threads about Earl came out, bu did anybody listen to me....noooooo

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Just wondering and would appreciate honest answers but would it be possible Igor and Julia could combine? Just seems that their paths may cross. If so will they upgrade or cancel eachother out?
Also the UK has had tail ends of hurricanes but have they ever had one hit?
Questions, questions, questions
Last one I promise given the locations of Igor is it normal for such a predicted turn in direction?
National hurricane center.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hurricane Igor churns toward Bermuda; Tropical Storm Julia weakens

(CNN) -- Conditions from Hurricane Igor are expected to deteriorate Saturday as the "very large hurricane" stays on track to approach Bermuda this weekend, the National Hurricane Center said.

Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Julia continues to diminish farther east in the Atlantic.

As of early Saturday morning, Igor was about 510 miles (825 km) south-southeast of Bermuda, according to the Miami, Florida-based hurricane center. It packed winds of about 110 mph (175 kph) and was headed northwest at about 13 mph (20 kph).

A hurricane warning is in effect for Bermuda, where Igor is projected to hit or approach by Sunday night.

"Adverse weather conditions will be begin to affect Bermuda" on Saturday evening, the weather agency said.

Igor is considered a "very large" hurricane, with hurricane-force winds extending up to 105 miles (165 km) from the center.

The hurricane is expected to dump 5 to 8 inches of rain over Bermuda.

"A dangerous storm surge is expected to produce significant coastal flooding on Bermuda," the hurricane center said. "The surge will be accompanied by large and destructive waves, especially along the southern coast."

The weather agency said swells will affect the east coast of the United States, Puerto Rico, the Leeward Islands, Hispanola and parts of the Bahamas over the weekend.

"These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip currents," the hurricane center said.

Also on Saturday morning, Tropical Storm Julia's maximum sustained winds weakened to 60 mph (95 kph), the weather agency said. As of 4 a.m. ET, Julia was about 1,525 miles (2,450 km) west-southwest of the Azores Islands and was headed northwest at about 18 mph (30 kph). No coastal warnings or watches were in effect from Julia.

Has said .. This hurricane Igor is a huge monster
there is always the possibility that it can go back into a cat 4
since it is so large

top topics

<<   2 >>

join