It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Blinky UFO Turns Into a BIG UFO! - September 12, 2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The scary thing is she (and many others) also enjoy pointing lasers at these craft.

Now, alien or not, I'm sure they would not appreciate being blinded by a laser whilst flying about.

I've mentioned this on another thread. Its actually a criminal offence.

Of course the first prosecution for doing so will be absolute proof of a cover-up for those who will damn-well believe, regardless of any evidence contrary to their belief system.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
No worries, I wont pretend i know what it is, like most folks here. lol

I think you'll find the only people on here pretending to know what it is are the people saying its a UFO. The rest of us are reporting our conclusions based on prior observations.

I will say, I see planes on a nightly basis at the observatory,
and have done so for years, and we don't see them like this.

Probably because its not a plane its a helicopter with a Night Sun searchlight. You probably don't get many police helicopters flying around your observatory.

Who knows,
but good catch anyway!

Thanks for sharing.

If anyone had actually bothered to turn the audio right up (and I mean their PC's audio and the YouTube slider, as I suggested at the start of this thread, then the distinctive sound of a helicopter can quite clearly be heard.

Please go back and listen again.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The scary thing is she (and many others) also enjoy pointing lasers at these craft.
Now, alien or not, I'm sure they would not appreciate being blinded by a laser whilst flying about.

I've mentioned this on another thread. Its actually a criminal offence.
Of course the first prosecution for doing so will be absolute proof of a cover-up for those who will damn-well believe, regardless of any evidence contrary to their belief system.

Slippery Jim.....

You might find this of interest:

The Dishonesty & Danger Inherent In The seeingUFOsPA Hoax

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for that, MMN. I've had a quick skim (its 03:10 here and I need to get some sleep - just finished a late shift at work) but it looks like a very interesting thread. I'll give it a proper read tomorrow.

What I will say, in the context of this thread is that I'm not sure who makes me despair the most; the people who hoax or the people who defend them.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I saw the same thing up here in Southern Ontario, Canada during mid summer. could it be the same one?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbot
I saw the same thing up here in Southern Ontario, Canada during mid summer. could it be the same one?

Jimbot.....

Could it be the same aeroplane?

That could be possible.

In order to verify that, you would need to:

- Confirm the exact time the aeroplane was sighted in the op's video

- Cross reference that with aeroplane schedules at the airport

- Identify the aeroplane via the above

- Confirm the exact time that you saw the aeroplane from your location

- Cross reference that again with aeroplane schedules at your location

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi OP,
Sorry to agree with almost everyone on the plane/copter answer but I see a nearly identical light all the time round where I live and have caught myself getting momentarily excited - then far off hear the sound of the local police chopper making its rounds - if the wind is away from me it is very faint, easily missed.
Ergo: I'd have to guess at Chopper but can't blame you for wondering...

No harm in posting though - who knows maybe someday someone will post something truly remarkable - I hope it's me!
Peace

edit on 15-9-2010 by Sceptic_al because: Spelling - too many ssss on knows - sorry - was typing quickly

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Seems like threads like this come in waves, but the conclusion remains the same.

There's an excellent thread stickied on top of this section of the forums that seems to elude alot of members. Take a look at this:

Thread: Things may not be what they appear

edit on 15/9/10 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Nice video.

It amazes me that aircraft have been around so long, and people still don't know what they look like while flying in the air far away.

The funny thing about that video is that people will still say "OMG THAT UFO TURNED INTO AN AIRPLANE!" like Alison Kruse.

edit on 15-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

And then that it took nearly 12 minutes to cover a short distance. That one is a new factoid on airplanes too!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

Illuminati 2012.....

Look here.....this is where this stuff leads people.....

The Dishonesty & Danger Inherent In The seeingUFOsPA Hoax

And.....

"Helloooooo Hoax Forum!"

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed
reply to post by Droogie

It amazes me that aircraft have been around so long, and people still don't know what they look like while flying in the air far away.

The thing about this, is that it's a well conceived exploit of the video camera and its functions to make "UFOs" out of airplanes, so that gullible or ignorant people can give them money. Or in other words hoax or commit fraud in the name of making money and getting attention. And not mention engaging in illegalities and dangerous stuff like pointing lasers to airplanes to acheive this goal.

Before I came to this site I might have bought into it myself, would never give money for anything like this though.

edit on 15/9/10 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

12 minutes?? The original video is less than 3 minutes. Why must you lie?

The aircraft was FAR AWAY, and it was flying towards the person. Although it traveled a short distance left to right, it traveled a very far distance towards the camera.

I think you really fail at identifying aircraft, maybe you should step away from UFOlogy until you educate yourself.

I'm glad this topic made it to the HOAX forum where it belongs.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I watched the 12 minute one, and its a long one, second or so post. I never lie either. 3 posts down. Its not a plane, because if thats a plane it moves in slow motion, and its not a chopper, because the only sound was cars and kids.

So this hoax is a joke. Give a forum over to knee jerk skeptics. Planes don't take 12 minutes to cover short distances.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was wondering if you're near the coastline and which one. There are alot of colored light type sitings, coastlines, and Victoria even. I have an opinion about them, think everyone is being nudged.

Coastlines need to be thought out carefully. I do hope everything that is written is wrong but basically for nearly all disasters from massive cme's and swift geomagnetic pole reversals that would turn crustal if too fast, to comets, meteors, such as Honda coming close on 11 11, Aug 11, 2011, and it threw two meteors out of its tail towards Venus. To the fluff cloud with 6000 c, temps thought to be a super nova rembrant that pioneer spotted and NASA did report, including magentic strips and the possibility of a magnetic wave/storm. The list goes on.

But, the crustal plates are basically what its all about. For example if something big happens, south of the Columbia river, basically just south of Mount St. Helens is said to be going down, under water, and north of this is said to be raising up, which if there is fault lines, would be massive mountain building.

Idaho is in danger of not remaining intact. I don't want to go on, but those plates say everything and pretty much determined various maps that are floating around out there. The one on zeta talk, which is a very questionable site, but that one matches some information I've run across, not too far off.

We should at least think it through, what we feel about future disasters, possibilities, what coastal sitings might be about, along with some of the crop circles.

We don't know for sure if they are black op or ET, unless someone has a sense of contact, which I've had with mine. As has my son. We don't know for sure about the crop circles, there are many fast ones that are anomolous, but I havn't ruled out black ops and HAARP which could do them fast. i do beileve there is an ET presence, big one, but also feel that some of the warnings may be coming from the intelligence fields as well.

I do see these as warnings.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So I watched the 12 minute video... that is 12 minutes of different aircraft, not one aircraft.

God this is just stupid.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

And then that it took nearly 12 minutes to cover a short distance. That one is a new factoid on airplanes too!

Have you never seen a plane on approach to an airport?

A plane on approach looks like a single bright light (landing light) that seemingly hovers in place (i.e., flies toward the observer) for several minutes. Then as it passes the observer, it appears to be moving faster than before (because it is no longer flying directly at the observer), and the rest of its blinking navigation lights become visible (because it is now being viewed from the side rather than practically head-on).

In my travels, I spend quite a bit of time in an area about 10 miles from the Philadelphia airport, and scenes like this are a completely normal sight just about every night.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Jimbot.....

Could it be the same aeroplane?

That could be possible.

In order to verify that, you would need to:

- Confirm the exact time the aeroplane was sighted in the op's video

- Cross reference that with aeroplane schedules at the airport

- Identify the aeroplane via the above

- Confirm the exact time that you saw the aeroplane from your location

- Cross reference that again with aeroplane schedules at your location

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

lol sorry, i dont usually read the entire thread. yes it could be a plane, but it could also be a UFO, the thing is that the evidence is either too clear or not clear enough. there is not way to know for sure

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

...yes it could be a plane, but it could also be a UFO, the thing is that the evidence is either too clear or not clear enough. there is not way to know for sure

You can say that about almost anything.

Sure -- I suppose it could have been some other kind of craft of "unknown" origin. But then again, one could argue that the trees in my back yard are not really trees but aliens disguising themselves as trees.

Should I actually believe they are aliens disguising themselves as trees? No -- there is no reason to believe that.
The why should I actually believe an object that looks like a plane, moves like a plane, and is in the place you expect to find a plane is anything other than a plane or some other craft of known origin? There is no reason for me to believe that.

edit on 9/17/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: format

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbot

Jimbot.....

but it could also be a UFO.... there is not way to know for sure

Yes there is.....

Watch the video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>