It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist smokes Koran and Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The difference is that in your example I would be insulting people, not a belief system. What I am stating is that you are equating one person directly mistreating another person on a personal level ("You stupid moron!") with somebody insulting a Belief System ("People that believe in Ghosts are stupid").

Not everyone have the same definition of insult as you, people get insulted for different reasons, that is why caution is used when expressing your views, hence, you can insult someone's mom all you want, or someone's religion all you want, but they won't react, they won't even get offended. Another person, you insult their mom, or religion, they will react.

So you admit, that you don't have the balls to take my scenario and act upon it, yeah keep saying that people in West people won't get attacked or killed for expressing themselves.

I actually have the balls, and I might take the camera and show you, since I live in NZ, but I won't go as far as getting the cops involved, I will back down, or run lol since I'm fast.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This is a really common thing to do, the pages make for great paper when you've got nothing else to roll in, and often they give em away for free like the ones in hotel rooms. In some cultures burning of spiritual papers is a holy and sacred ritual, not offensive at all.

Whats not so common is posting it on utube knowing it will offend people, bad move mate.

If he was trying to make the athiest argument then there are much more intelligent and effective methods.

I think the media just got let down that they lost their "koran burning" outrage story so probs got reporters scanning utube trying to find people who are doing it so they can continue to perpetuate this and many other petty little argument and keep generating negative emotions in the masses, and cause us to fight and argue each other rather than going after the real enemy, tptb.

They wanna find anything they can to divide us, before conquring us.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

GO OOZY!

we won't turn you in. promise.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I saw his video, apparently the bible burns the best, the koran however left him with an upset stomach, so there you have it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Not everyone have the same definition of insult as you, people get insulted for different reasons, that is why caution is used when expressing your views, hence, you can insult someone's mom all you want, or someone's religion all you want, but they won't react, they won't even get offended. Another person, you insult their mom, or religion, they will react.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions. But that is why we have laws. In Western countries it is considered impolite - but NOT illegal - for me to say "Hindus follow a false belief system and actually worship Satan" in a public context. I will probably be condemned for these comments, but it is unlikely I will face death threats or acts of violence.

So you admit, that you don't have the balls to take my scenario and act upon it, yeah keep saying that people in West people won't get attacked or killed for expressing themselves.

People tend to fear being labelled (racist, xenophobic, homophobic) for their views more than the threat of violence. Reputation is an important aspect of Western society in many cases. Perhaps the difference is that your culture punishes Insults with violence and death whereas mine punishes Insults with public ridicule and stereotyping.

I actually have the balls, and I might take the camera and show you, since I live in NZ, but I won't go as far as getting the cops involved, I will back down, or run lol since I'm fast.

No, don't do that. You have nothing to prove to me as I understand from where you stand on the issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

All I can say is: did the atheist check whether the ink would be toxic when burned?

Honestly, the person was doing something on a whim. It's a book, deal with it. If you believe your deity can be so dearly offended by the actions of one jerk how is that being all-powerful?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
I think that in an average university campus more than 5 bibles are smoked daily here in Chile.

&

Originally posted by harryhaller
I recall some kids at school using a bible for a spliff.

&
reply to post by polarwarrior

Not to mention practically every prison, giving out free Gideon/good news bibles etc, has prisoners utilise the pages for roll-ups days before 'canteen'.

Bit hard for wardens to check every page of every prisoner bible to check if it's being 'utilised' in ways other than reading them, don't know about Korans though.

Yes, i've been incarcerated in youth custody 25 years ago, smashed up 5 shops in a row after my home 'mysteriously' burnt out and i got drunk and had a post trauma reaction, lost everything i had age 18, going on 19, but rushed in and saved our 2 cats out of thick black smoke, GF was completely freaking out etc, the flat did have a spirit of the previous tenant, who died there, obese guy who was friendly enough and also his cat who pined away and died with him and our cats played with it a lot, but also a malevolent manifestation, something which had been causing me problems for years and followed me around, couldn't get at me but affected those around me, which threw a mate across a room and threw a cup at his head, laterally at force from the other side of the room, mate never came back, sacred him witless, got inside my GF's head constantly mocking her and 'telling' her to f' off etc and even the maintenance guy wouldn't enter the place because he felt 'evil' in there and fire investigation unit found no cause as to how the fire occured and everything was ok when we left, wasn't electrical or accelerant whatever, inexplicable, i was out with my GF and a friend playing footie with her kid for an hour, came back and the place was going up like tinder.

Smoking bibles happened a lot while i was inside for 6 months so sure it happens everywhere.

Peace.

edit on 13-9-2010 by DeltaPan because: Added: going on 19,

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
For those arguing, but eet might offend someboodddy.

Give me a break.

Also oozy, touching someone on the bum is ASSAULT. You cannot lay a hand on someone else without their permission, bad example.

Oh, and by the way, if there was anyone around me right now, I would insult them all I wanted.

It is hilarious when I insult a liberal globalist warmonger right to their face and they get all apoplectic.

Wa wa wa wa wa you bigot, you racist, you you you.

They go into this brain stutter they cannot get out of. It is great. Here in the US, the politically correct bull droppings along with the race card is pretty much worthless now. Been used so often over the last 2 years people could care less.

Funny how people are starting to see it my way. Never been afraid to speak my mind and never will. What are they going to do to me. It is amazingly freeing when reaching this point. Call it abrasive, call it being an ass, I call it being honest and forthright.

What, would you rather lie about something to protect other's feelings?

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

For the record, I don't follow organised religion. But I know there are millions of people around the world who have a deep sentimental attachment to these Books and that is what would prevent me from doing something like the guy in the article. Of course it is an overreaction by the Media as, at the end of the day, it's only a book to many of us. The thing is we know the way some of the more "Extreme" followers of religion have reacted to stories such as these. That alone should be enough of a deterrent not to take part in such silly behaviour. Considering this guy posted his "Holy Smokes" (credit to 2nd post in this thread) on Youtube for the sole reason of pissing off those who follow those religions, it was a stupid thing to do.

Even if I were religious I would not wish any harm on this person. The most I would demand would be an apology and acknowledgement that he made a mistake.

edit on 13/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

I disagree...
If you do something really dumb and them put it out there for the world to see you are going to have to deal with the consequences. I don't know how it works in Australia, but in the states it would be newsworthy if the Feds came down on him. An employer not wanting to be associated with him is not only not newsworthy but also understandable.

British Teen Banned From U.S. for Life After Sending Obscene E-Mail to Obama
www.foxnews.com...

A British teenager who sent an e-mail to the White House calling President Obama a "pr*ck" was banned from the U.S. for life, The Sun reported Monday.

This is a problem. Obama's feelings got hurt now some kid is banned from the US for life.

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: had to add link

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I agree....what else is going on in the world that actually could be news worthy....

Someone is trying to start a religious war...and the news is promoting this agenda....hyping the idiots

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Surely, it's a stupid act. But If that Australian man's life and wellbeing is by any means threatened it just shows the intolerance of Both religions. It's redundant to proclaim either book promotes peace. The message sent out is quite clear
" You don't mess with religion. If so you can get punished, threatened or prosecuted ".

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

unny how people are starting to see it my way. Never been afraid to speak my mind and never will. What are they going to do to me. It is amazingly freeing when reaching this point. Call it abrasive, call it being an ass, I call it being honest and forthright.

You can prove it, go to the street and insult people, and please don't insult people in a manner that they won't get insulted lol..

Go to a black gangsta guy with his gang and say F African Americans, and F all your moms..

Say it in an insulting manner..

When you burn the Quran, it is done in an insulting manner, it is done specially to insult Muslims, they even say it on their videos, they say they have the right to insult who ever they want, that is why they do it..

Don't forget to get a camera and record it, see how fast violence errupts, but then again, I can also insult people in a debatish manner, where they will insult me back rather than get violent.

And by the way, touching a female in the ass is not an assault, it is insulting, so insulting women are banned, but not men. Weird.. Think about it, touching someone in the ass is expressing your sexual attraction towards her, but women take at as serious insult. Women can touch men in the ass, trust me, that wouldn't be considered as an assault, would it now?

So think about it for a second, you can get charged for sexual harassment? What is harassment? Is it assault? or is it just another name for expressing yourself. What is the difference between sexual harassment, and normal harassment? Why isn't insulting someone regarded as harassment? You follow me around and insult me consistently, isn't that harassment? Or is that related to freedom of expression.

I find it odd that people have completely stopped thinking, and using their brain, that is what gets your brain handicapped, hence your brain is just like your muscle, the less you use it, the weaker it gets, if you don't use it at all, it will become handicapped.

I will be waiting for your video..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

As for your furthering the lie that touching someone is not assault, I will just PROVE you wrong on that part. At least here in the US, do not really care about your neck of the woods, since I am not a tyrant and push my agenda upon you. As for the rest of the argument about insults, been there, done that. And why would I want to video tape it? I could show you hundreds of videos on YouTube. Ever seen the one where the RACIST Black Panther Communists call for the KILLING of Cracker babies? So piss off on that argument, you are WRONG.

Assault-

Canada-www.slsedmonton.com...

US-
nxt.legis.state.wi.us...
Unwelcome physical contact of a sexual nature and unwelcome verbal conduct or physical conduct of a sexual nature may constitute sexual harassment, even when they do not create a hostile work environment. Jim Walter Color Separations v. LIRC, 226 Wis. 2d 334, 595 N.W.2d 68 (Ct. App. 1999), 98-2360.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Oh, by the way, you do not have the RIGHT to not be offended, if those actions do not harm you.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

As for your furthering the lie that touching someone is not assault, I will just PROVE you wrong on that part.

* EU touches saltheart foamfollower *
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56a25518de57.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Hey, if some 3 foot tall ET type fella came up and touched me without my permission, I may not say anything.

BUT, if some DUDE came up and cupped my bottom (said with English accent-think RocknRolla), there would be no need for a charge to be brought.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Male EU's (which are one better than ET's, btw) don't like getting their bums groped by random males either.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

insult and punching in the face

www.youtube.com...

So touching someone without their permission can be called assault hahaha, wow, you have out done yourself their mate..

Think for a second, if you still have that ability.

I touch you in the shoulder without your permission to ask for the time, you can charge me for assault

HAHAHAHAHAH...

WOW, what a logic ha..

But my point still stands, that you don't have the balls to go in the street and insult people (make sure you record it), and see how they react. The fact of the matter is, there is a high chance you will get punched in the face, and when you are on the ground, you will get couple of kicks in the face, and I'm quiet sure some random people will kick you also for just being an asshole, then again, if you are strong enough you can insult people all you want, and in the end if they retaliate, you will win the fight (that is arrogance is :@@
. Seen it all mate, you haven't lived at all, it seems you hang around too many debate clubs
the thing is, words can turn in to fighting, whether you are expressing your views, or insulting what ever you are doing, it can get your head kicked in, and if you think you are too strong and can say what ever you like, you will still get gang banged.
www.youtube.com...

See the above video, that is what would happen to you, go ahead, try it, don't forget to record, freedom of expression lol..

Don't claim you have the freedom to express yourself, that is BS, if you did have that ability, you would be able to go to the market and insult everyone without getting punched in the face, the reality is, you will.

Then again you will talk about the law, and how the law protects freedom of expression, that is BS also, you can express your love to someone, but it can be turned in to harassment my friend:

A pattern of behavior which is directed towards another person, being a pattern of behavior that includes doing any specified act to the other person on at least two separate occasions within a period of 12 months.

Link

Read (e) in the list of specified acts:

Giving offensive material to that person, or leaving it where it will be found by, given to, or brought to the attention of, that person.

Link

Freedom of expression mate, it is called freedom of BS..

edit on 14-9-2010 by oozyism because: extra info

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Sorry, you must not know the LAW very well.

It is not just the ACT.

If walking through a crowd and you accidentally touch someone, it is not criminal.
If tapping someone on the shoulder to ask the time, is NOT criminal.

Putting your hand on a woman's derriere for your THRILL or to cause the person harm or embarassment creates what is called INTENT.

I am going to quit this discussion with you because you obviously believe what you have been trained to believe, that women are subservient to men.

Oh, and if I insult someone for being whatever, they can bring whatever they want. That is THEIR prerogative. But hopefully they have studied Sun Tzu, for the one to not have already prepared for the battle before any move has been made, has already lost.

Just to let you know, I am not one of the typical mealy mouthed whiners you see on the US telly, and are usually the type that hold political positions here. No bowing from me, to no one but my God.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I still haven't seen your video, that being said

Good day to you sir..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join