It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nullify Now! US tyranny defense.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Personally, I find the state and local governments even more abusive of power.

They will throw you in jail for a traffic ticket violation, even if you haven't been convicted, for missing a court appointment. Local law enforcement agency gladly confiscate your property without a trial, or conviction, and sell it on a regular basis.

Why should we trust these state governments over the fed when they are worse?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The feds would be far worse if they controlled local police. You only believe it's worse because it's local and in your face.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by IAMIAM

Agreed, however you can't simply jump into that type of society. You need a massive transition to allow society to evolve to that point. So we don't need to move through 10,000 individuals until the two disputing parties can agree on an arbitrator.

Exactly my friend. I am just planting the seeds. Harvest time is later.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Unless you are posting from behind bars, you are free.
Unless someone is forcing you to post the opinion of others, you are free.
How "free" you are depends upon what freedoms you gave up for the right to post here.
Same with driving. You are free NOT to drive, but if you choose TO drive, you are going to give up the freedom to drive like you want in whatever you want with no restrictions.
You are free to NOT work for money. If you choose to work for an employer, you are losing some freedoms. If you choose to be self-employed and work for money, you lose some freedoms.
You are free to ignore laws you feel are unjust. Many, many people are doing just that. You probably are too, in some way. (Of course, you may find yourself forced to pay some money to maintain that right.)

I think this argument really comes down to WHO do we want moderating these collisions between the desire(s) for personal liberty and the desire(s) for protection from the harm that could come to any one of us from a "reckless" desire for liberty. "Reckless" as determined by WHOM?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

You aren't free.
You can't live off the land, therefor you need employment.
Employment comes with adhesion contracts, further regulating your actions.

How is this freedom? Especially if there are penalties.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

If you are a US Citizen, you now live in a country that:

Openly tortured POWs. That act alone showed a total disregard for the Geneva Convention as well as human rights.
Said Administration was never held accountable for war crimes.
911 Was never really fully investigated and led this country into an unjust war.
We currently are beginning yet another war
Your vote means nothing. Our voting is a sham, nothing more, nothing less.
Our country is ruled by Corporations and the elite handful that own those corporations.
Our country is run by and for said corporations, for profit, you want proof, look around you at how many US Citizens are now currently facing unemployed and home foreclosure.
Our corral entrances are slowly being made smaller; this is what you do to animals in order to line them up for slaughter, without panicking them.

This is not the country our forefathers founded or intended for future generations, that too sadly has passed. Too many people turned on their TV's, read fictional novels and played with their many toys. This was all intended to keep the herd distracted and many of our freedoms were slowly and underhandedly taken from us.

One large corporation has now polluted much of the Gulf Coast of Mexico and it will be the people, not the large corporate CEO held responsible and footing the bill in both money and lives on the Gulf Oil Gusher (It was never a spill).

The list goes on..............Our government, what is left of it, has treaded on each and every one of us, many times.

One man, bravely stood up to our government and spoke with his feet. His name is Ken O'Keefe.

Some call him a traitor, some a hero. I think of him as one person that our forefathers would be proud of. He has desolved his American Citizenship because he realizes this country is no longer really America.

Ken O’Keefe is one of approximately 800 per year (and growing) American’s that have dissolved their legal ties with this country. They have relinquished their US Citizenship.

Our country has become exactly what most of us morally despise. We are a bully in the school yard of the world. We see oil; we invent an excuse and take it through killing. It's called "war".

America has been manipulating who to place in power around the globe for decades in secret manuvers that included murder.

Our country tortured POW's. And, while I do not carry any illusions the Muslim Nations are our brothers, how could they be. How would you feel towards a country that launched a missile that blew your three year old daughter apart? How would you feel? No really stop and for once we all need to empathize and get straight on what is really going on.

People, the train is coming, get off the tracks.

America is now hated and feared through out much of the world. There is a very good reason for this. It is not you or I or the simple everyday citizen, it is the powers we have not risen against that have and are still causing much anguish and disruption.

I never thought I would want to live anywhere else but here. A midwest farm girl, the heartland of America........the breadbasket of the world. Now, I am questioning why I must continue to live and pay taxes in a country that refuses to uphold human rights and taxes without representation.

I fear that the majority of Americans are going to continue to go on with their lives as usual, they don't care and in America, this tyranny will continue to grow and spread. I want no part of this.

I never thought I would say this.................but to those reading this that are not American, right now, at this time, I am not proud to be an American.

I will further research as to which country I might migrate to, that will have me and that I agree with their policies on human rights and ecology.

I've been alive for almost six decades and this is not the America I knew and loved. She has become a whore to the corporations and sold her people for a price.

She has lied to her people and condoned the torturing and mass murder all in the name of Homeland Security and really for profit. War is very profitable, research just do your research.

If just 1% of what some of these conspiracies that accuse the CIA of is true, this country is in deep manure from a moral standpoint, and I am not even Christian and can see this.

If you all don't wake up and rise up against this tyranny quickly, this next war might evolve into a major worldwide nuclear war. I can see it coming.

The Powers That Be, the real "people" behind the curtain, do not care - either they have a safe hidie hole all planned out or a ship off planet until Mother Earth cools down enough.

There will be many that laugh at this post, but know this, you have been warned - that was and is my soul's purpose this time around, a simple messenger.

Mr. O'Keefe's website: www.worldcitizen.uk.net...

This interview expresses my beliefs as to what is going on.

Start researching who the companies and people are that have profited handsomely from our many wars.

edit on 14-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Stewie

You aren't free.
You can't live off the land, therefor you need employment.
Employment comes with adhesion contracts, further regulating your actions.

How is this freedom? Especially if there are penalties.

My friend, to be free one must first know in his mind that he is free and what he has dominion over.

All we have in this world is our will. Thats it, nothing more. I am free because I will not allow another's will dictate my own. They can beat me, discredit me, imprison me, but my will is still my own. The material things you listed are how they enslave you. It is a carrot dangled in front of you to get you to move how they want you.

Yes, I do without all those things and I may be imprisoned for it, but.... I AM FREE!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I need food to nourish me so that my will may continue.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I need food to nourish me so that my will may continue.

Food is all around you. In the forests it grows abundantly. In the cities it is handed out or thrown away in abundance. Even in prison, you are fed.

It is just not the food you want. But, it will sustain you.

Is the food you prefer worth more than your freedom?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It's illegal to live off the land.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

You cannot be free if your mind will not allow it. It is simply not true that you cannot live off of the land, I know people that do that.
Off the grid.
Expand (explore) your possibilities.

www.wwoof.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

It's illegal to live off the land.

How so?

Because another says so?

If fear of their treatment, their condemnation, their imprisonment, is enough to get you to subjugate your will to them, then no, you are not free. You are captive and enslaved by fear.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Yeah, only because they haven't been caught. Freedom isn't abandoning my family so that I may live off the land, completely hidden from civilization never to see them again.

True freedom allows you to take advantage of technological advances, and still be FREE.

You folks are just quoting philosophy, nothing that would apply in a current world environment

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yeah, only because they haven't been caught. Freedom isn't abandoning my family so that I may live off the land, completely hidden from civilization never to see them again.

True freedom allows you to take advantage of technological advances, and still be FREE.

You folks are just quoting philosophy, nothing that would apply in a current world environment

I am doing more than quoting philosophy my friend. I am living it.

You are right that you cannot forsake your family. I would not expect you to. Freedom is an expensive thing in this world. I am working on making it cheaper. It begins with teaching you that it is possible. It begins with teaching you to be willing to extend it to others.

Learn, love, teach. The time will come when peace is gained by peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 14-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The problem is, our OP friend wants thinks to be only his way, he wants only his consent to be valid, not anyone else.

So that suddenly makes him a fascist? No, it makes him one more person with one more voice in this great country where the government is derived from people like him and me and you and everyone.

YOU are the one taking it upon yourself to tell him he has no room to have such an opinion. THAT is fascist.

He want's a small minority of people to dictate what is and what is not in these United States.

The problem is this is only a minority of people. If everyone had the sense of personal responsibility to voice themselves then we could actually change things and get things done. I don't see you coming up with any great ideas as to how to reform the government effectively and return it to the Constitution, instead of just putting another band-aid on it and crying about all the people who actually want to fix it.

You'll just have to keep crying that people have freedom to express their views here.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

I understand your argument. In a practical sense, you are imprisoned (to the extent you say you are) by the restrictions placed upon you by government.
This "government" in all likelihood, are your neighbors. This is why many people change neighborhoods.
If it is a tyrannical federal government that is stealing your freedom, then you fight "it", or "them". If enough get on board, then your views are vindicated and you have a revolution.
It is really quite simple, you are free to pursue all of those options.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The house and senate pass the legislation. I defer to them to determine its constitutionality. Where were you guys when Bush was stomping all over the constitution? How can you know if a bill is unconstitutional anyway? You are not lawyers or political scientists.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Tell me, if the government passes blatant unConstitutional legislation, what is your obligation to follow the legislation? Are you to wait for four years or so, to get a different Congress or different President to rescind the legislation? Are you to wait for 6 or more years to let a case go to the Supreme Court, to rule that the legislation is unConstitutional?

What exactly is your responsibility, as the sole Constitutional empowered holder, of your rights? Not to mention the sole; TRUE, Constitutional representative of your rights. If you do not have Constitutionally defined rights, then WHO does?

edit on 12-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

So, you should violently resist legislation you don't think is consistent with the Constitution without bothering to lobby your legislature or filing a lawsuit in a federal court? That sounds a lot like fascism to me. What form of government are you supposed to be advocating again? When an individual thinks he single-handedly has the authority to overrule the courts and legislature, that makes that individual a fascist. Sounds like Bush and Cheney to me. I wonder who you voted for.

edit on 14-9-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Yeah, SHOW ME ANYWHERE that I said use any violence?

Those like you just always have to project your own tactics.

NO WHERE did I say to use violence.

Tell me, did you even read any of the information? No, of course not.

This is why people are turning away from you and those on the left. BLATANT LIES.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for your comment ofhumandescent.

I contemplated exactly what you are talking about.

The problem is, where would I go? The global reach of this government's tyrannical ways is spreading everywhere.

That is why I have decided to try and change my government by using information distribution.

It is beginning to make a dent. Of course we have the statists in both parties attempting to quell the Libertarian movement.

We cannot run from problems.

We have to hit them head on.

With peaceful non compliance.

You can see folks on this thread attempting to attribute violence to this movement. That is their own projections to what they want to do to the movement.

They attempt to equate violence to states and individuals not complying with the draconian rules. Every time one of them lie as blatantly as they do, another notices and begins to research.

Just as the civil rights movement of the past was not stopped, so too this one will not be.

Do no harm, do not infringe on another's right to Life, Liberty and Property.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join