It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am captivated! Look at this Low Impact Woodland Home!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I can see it being used as a hunting lodge but not a home. No one would want to live like that if they had a choice.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Speak for your self. I want to live like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow! The house looks amazing inside and outside, thank you so much for posting the link. I also love tree houses, take a look at this link: www.blueforest.com... I love the awesome projects they create, some are very fairytale style too.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I would not want to live that way. It is tiny,and the layout leaves no room for privacy. I don't like camping, hate log cabins, and I don't like tents. Not my cup of tea so to speak. If anyone tried that in my neck of the woods especially one on a hill side, that roof better be super strong. I'd be more worried about a deer jumping off the hill, and crash landing through the roof of the house. Those deer can jump when they want to, and they are not light either.

Then I can see people trying to figure out which night animal is scurrying around on the roof of their home making scraping noises, especially with grass and or wild flowers on it. You guys can have your screeching owls, insects galore, and raccoons and other dangerous animals getting close to your house.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Even out in the country in almost every jurisdiction I have been in there are building codes. New Mexico is pretty well wired for alternative building methods but they all have to meet the Uniform Building Code (UBC) standards.

Originally posted by googolplex

Originally posted by randomname
good luck doing that, it's probably illegal in almost everypart of n.america. you would need a thousand permits, purchase land and that house would probably fail every building inspection. there's a reason the construction business is so heavily regulated, a main part of the capitalist system is supported by the real estate development and construction markets. if a few people where allowed to build houses with spare wood and a few nails instead of mortgaging their lives to a bank loan to purchase a crappy plywood frame covered in cheap brick insulated by fibreglass and brittle inexpensive ( to the builder ) plasterboard, this system would collapse and the economy would be in huge financial trouble.

If you build out in the country, a lot of times you don't need inspections, and pernits.
You buy land build what you want, then tell them you built it so they can tax you for the improvements, but you don't always have to deal with inspectors and permits.

I myself would use boulders found on the land and portland cement, wood rots and you get to many bugs.
I would also be at least part way under ground, it is my thought that just about all housing will be underground, in the future. Try and leave a more pristine surface with wild animals and wild natural plant growth.
Once the solar flares that are suppose to be coming no one will want to live on the surface anymore, anyhow.

edit on 17-9-2010 by pacific_waters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I do love the concept. I did when I first read "The Hobbit" and when i saw the movie i was hooked. Does anyone know what the status is of the house shown? The last posting on the website was 2005. At that time they were still in a fight with the council.

Originally posted by berkeleygal
I want this sooo bad!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fcbc9631882.jpg[/atsimg]

www.simondale.net...

Absolutely enchanting! Be sure to click the links at the bottom to see the house plans and to see what they are building next.

If I had the land I would do something like this in a new york minute!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
two drawbacks....termites (abundant out in the woods)...and rot, (all natural things have a time when rot sets in)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is just a cosy looking little domicile isn't it?
Love the idea and love the appealing look of that design.
Just how sustainable are these homes though? And the longterm upkeep and maintenance?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Absolutely enchanting! The new home makes me think of the Flintstones house

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join