It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space lightning and mars canyon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i agree that at some time in our solar system there was a clash of titans lol
the ort cloud is a sign of what occoured
our moon is extreamly strange in its size/orbit and the fact that the same side always faces the earth

thank you

xploder

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
have you seen this vid before?

Yes I have... Pegasus also looks into the possibility of the Electric Universe theory

But these guys do the topic pretty well...

The Electric Universe
www.holoscience.com...

Now NASA is quite familiar with various plasma phenomena in Space and the danger they present... Imagine the Shuttle gathering electrons as it flies through the ionosphere and gets close to the ISS... if they didn't have a system in place to remove that charge.... ZZZZAPPPPPPP

Here are some satellite panels that took a hit

Look closely at those scars... see how they look just like small sections of the Moon or Mars?

Now the current needed to scar Mars would most likely be a planetary collision type even where two oppositely charged bodies approached each other... but the problem still exists today in space craft

People experience static electricity all the time... we see lightning all the time and see its power... these are all similar events only the scale is different

STS-75 'The Tether Incident' Feb. 1996

"Its called an Electrodynamic Tether designed to collect high energy electrons in the Earth's ionosphere and electromagnetic field. The motion of the tether across the Earth's magnetic field produces a voltage along the 12 mile tether. Utilizing estimates in the charged density of the earths electromagnetic field and the ionosphere the voltage produces is expected to be several hundred volts per kilometer. If successful this experiment could produce a lot of electrical power. If additional power is driven along the tether in the opposite direction to that in which it normally wants to flow the tether in theory could push negating propulsion against the Earth's gravity to raise the shuttles orbit.

People are so focused on the Tether 'critters' they overlook the value of the rest of it. In my NAVY thread I showed that the NAVY flew a tether at the SAME TIME... purpose is to collect power, transmit it via lasers to another satellite or Earth. That experiment flew successfully for years.

Now the problem with the NASA one was their scientists underestimated the potential and didn't install a 25.00 circuit breaker
which is covered i that report I sent you. The result was...

But on Feb. 25 after the 12 mile tether began producing electricity an unexpected overload in electrical energy fluctuating between 2 and 10 times that which predicted due to inaccurate estimates in the electrical charge in the earths magnetic field, ionosphere, and possibly space radiation fried the tethers conductor cable and it broke severing it from the space shuttle..."

Hmmm NASA underestimating things
Well the result was loss of a 100 million dollar satellite

Here is the arc at time of tether breaking

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Arcing damage to plates in the shuttle bay

Electrodynamic Tether

The tether was designed to carry up to 15,000 volts DC and handle tensile forces of up to 400 pounds (1780 newtons). It used super-strong strands of Kevlar as a strength-providing member, wound around the copper and insulation. However, postflight inspection of the tether end which remained aboard Columbia showed it to be charred. The board concluded that after arcing had burned through most of the Kevlar, the few remaining strands were not enough to withstand forces being exerted by satellite deployment...

www.msfc.nasa.gov...

Now that press release also makes this statement...

Numerous space physics and plasma theories are being revised or overturned by data gathered during the Tethered Satellite System Reflight (TSS-1R) experiments on Space Shuttle Columbia’s STS-75 mission last March. Models, accepted by scientists for more than 30 years, are incorrect and must be rewritten. This assessment follows analysis by a joint U.S.-Italian Tethered Satellite investigating team of the information gathered during the mission.

There ya go direct from NASA

edit on 14-9-2010 by zorgon because: because Phage told me too

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

im going to have to redifine some of my theorys of the electric solar system as the information you posted aludes to a much larger electrical system cycle starting at the super massive black hole at the centre of our galixie and epanding outwards towards the ends of the arms of our spiral galixe

i wounder if the exchage of energy will be effected as we transition through the centre plane of our galixie

i have alot of thought to do to reconcile my electric solar system into the electric universe theory

thank you you have made my day

xploder

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

My question pertaining to Mars is, why a collision?
There doesn't appear to be evidence of a collision of that magnitude yet there is evidence of a huge electrical interaction. If a large planetary body passed by Mars it could have caused these marks through an electrical discharge stripping Mars of its surface material as well as its water and atmosphere. This is really horrific if we imagine that life might have been established on the planet Mars at that time.

If we were to look, evidence of these electrical interactions can be found on Mars, Earth and our Moon. Furthermore there appears to be detailed descriptions of these events in ancient myths and cultures from around the world.

Could Venus have been the culprit? Imaging Venus passing close to Mars thus causing an electrical discharge and stripping much of its surface (soil, rock, water and atmosphere) and thus dragging all of this material behind in Venus' huge cometary tail. Eventually over time Earth and Venus come in close contact and much of this debris and water gets deposited onto Earth. This fantastic story gets really interesting when we compare it with many of the worlds ancient myths.

edit on 9/15/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by fooks
space lightning is really hard to swallow since there is not a viable conduit proposed.
like static electricity, you need a charged something.

Ask yourself this...

What would happen if you strung out a 12 mile long copper wire from your spaceship, and dragged it through the ionosphere at orbital speeds of approx. 17,500 miles per hour?

When you can answer that we can talk

I'm not sure, but I found this:

www.daviddarling.info...

NASA Science

you can cut space travel costs by using an extension cord to tap into a planet's magnetic field.

Aha!

Edit: aww, should have read the whole thread first

edit on 15-9-2010 by aorAki because: shoulda woulda coulda

edit on 15-9-2010 by aorAki because: did I fix the link?

edit on 15-9-2010 by aorAki because: DID I fix the link this time?:/

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is a very significant date that pertains to a catastrophic event here in the Americas of around 12,900 years ago. This event has been called the Clovis event or Clovis comet because it is thought to have wiped out the Clovis Indians living in North America at that time.

There is a lot of controversy and speculation as well as a lot of evidence around this theoretical event. The main problem is the lack of an impact crater yet we find carbon nano-spheres, iron spheres and nano-diamonds at a layer in the Earth called the Younger Dryas, Black Mat layer. It has been shown that electrical arcing can produce all of these mentioned above and more.

There are also some marks on the East coast of North America called the Carolina bays that I believe are related to this event. These "Carolina bays" are not just found on the East coast, they can also be found in New Mexico, Canada and parts of South America (Southern Argentina).

Here again we have evidence of an electrical interaction from an extra-terrestrial body without an impact with the exception of Argentina that has both of these "Bays" markings and an impact site.

It has been awhile since I have done a search for discussions on this topic so I did a quick search and found this.

I haven't watched this particular discussion yet, there are several parts, so I thought I would link it now and then watch them.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wouldn't that much heat and power leave some evidence of burns or fused glass like material somewhere? There are also a lot of large features like the Juventae Chasma that is under consideration for the next rover mission. I don't know the HiRise pics appear natural in nature. But that event you speak of could have been a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

There is a lot of controversy and speculation as well as a lot of evidence around this theoretical event. The main problem is the lack of an impact crater yet we find carbon nano-spheres, iron spheres and nano-diamonds at a layer in the Earth called the Younger Dryas, Black Mat layer. It has been shown that electrical arcing can produce all of these mentioned above and more.

Except there is possibly no evidence of nanodiamonds for the Younger Dryas. See the fourth article down (search included because it's interesting)

PNAS

That's all I have to offer :/

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Quite fascinating. Thank you. Something some have considered anomalous for some time. Mars is indeed mysterious, this is worth consideration !

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

My question pertaining to Mars is, why a collision?

I think a collision would have done more damage... i was considering more of a billiard ball 'kiss' that would have had huge electrical discharge and perhaps pull a chunk out.

A few years back Discovery Channel ran a program on a similar event> Since google took over youtube its almost impossible to find things. Hopefully sone reader can help out. I did find a reference to it in a blog...

I can finally stop calling it Planet X

There was a very interesting program on the Discovery Channel this past Monday entitled 'What If There Were No Moon?'. I don't want to give a lengthy review but it did discuss the current theory that a 10th planet, named Orpheus, crashed into Earth, Mark I about 4.5 bya at an oblique angle which resulted in ejection of a sizable chunk of material of Moon. Earth, Mark II absorbed most of of Orpheus including almost all of its iron core over a 48-hour period. One of the interesting things is that the surface of the earth and the seas would have been molten lava for couple of hundred million years but by 3.8 bya life had returned to the ocean. There was some discussion that had the planetary collision not occurred the dominant intelligent species on Earth could have been a cephalopod, but IMHO there is nothing in the past couple of billion years to have prevented them from developing a higher level of intelligence than they currently possess.

www.dinosaurhome.com...

I remember watching that and saying finally they show it... until near the end where the planets do something weird, but it was pretty good. I will keep searching.

I have some really old notes 35 years ago, about such an event where the 10th planet brushed near Mars, then struck Earth a glancing blow, knocking it further out from the sun...

then the planet breaks apart and the debris forms the astreoid belt and the oort cloud.

Its a 'story' from Tibetan folke lore, but when I saw that Discovery channel flick I just said
... seems they read that story too... I been working on it on and off for years... kinda on the back burner since all the Sitchin stuff started, but I think I will put it together. Not much else on ATS lately of interest

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Except there is possibly no evidence of nanodiamonds for the Younger Dryas. See the fourth article down (search included because it's interesting)

PNAS

That's all I have to offer :/

The only problem is that this directly contradicts the claims made by several of the experts in this field. If you watch the linked video you will hear the claims being made for these nanodiamonds. They are claiming to have found more than one type of diamond and in enormous quantities.

But let's have a look at a quote from the article you linked,

we examined carbon-rich materials isolated from sediments dated 15,818 cal yr B.P. to present (including the Bølling–Ållerod-YD boundary). No nanodiamonds were found in our study. Instead, graphene- and graphene/graphane-oxide aggregates are ubiquitous in all specimens examined.

I did a search of my own and found this article from Science Daily which seems to collaborate your link.

a close examination of carbon spherules from the YD boundary using transmission electron microscopy by the Daulton team found no nanodiamonds. Instead, graphene- and graphene/graphane-oxide aggregates were found in all the specimens examined (including carbon spherules dated from before the YD to the present). Importantly, the researchers demonstrated that previous YD studies misidentified graphene/graphane-oxides as hexagonal diamond and likely misidentified graphene as cubic diamond.

As this is an ongoing study it will be interesting to find out what the response is to this latest find.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Found a short clip... not youtube so I cannot embed it

videos.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Except there is possibly no evidence of nanodiamonds for the Younger Dryas.

Science papers

Nanodiamonds in the Younger Dryas Boundary Sediment Layer
www.sciencemag.org...

Evidence for an extraterrestrial impact 12,900 years ago that contributed to the megafaunal extinctions and the Younger Dryas cooling
www.pnas.org...

An independent evaluation of the Younger Dryas extraterrestrial impact hypothesis
www.pnas.org...

just a few

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This was exactly the same line of thought I first had but lets take a look at the dates for each of these papers.

Nanodiamonds in the Younger Dryas Boundary Sediment Layer
www.sciencemag.org...

Science 2 January 2009

Evidence for an extraterrestrial impact 12,900 years ago that contributed to the megafaunal extinctions and the Younger Dryas cooling
www.pnas.org...

Communicated by Steven M. Stanley, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, July 26, 2007 (received for review March 13, 2007)

An independent evaluation of the Younger Dryas extraterrestrial impact hypothesis
www.pnas.org...

Edited by David Jeffrey Meltzer, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, and approved September 3, 2009 (received for review July 15, 2009)

Edit; This link above claims no evidence for an extinction level impact event.

We were unable to reproduce any results of the Firestone et al. study and find no support for Younger Dryas extraterrestrial impact.

And now aorAki's linked article.

No evidence of nanodiamonds in Younger–Dryas sediments to support an impact event. published ahead of print August 30, 2010,

I didn't like these findings at first but then I remembered that I really don't understand what all of this means. Maybe Tyrone L. Daulton's team has made a mistake or maybe all the other researchers did but in the end what does it all mean?

ADD: I would also like to state that all of these articles appear to be looking for an impact of some extra-terrestrial object. The theory I am suggesting is of an encounter with an ET object but no impact.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

ADD: I would also like to state that all of these articles appear to be looking for an impact of some extra-terrestrial object. The theory I am suggesting is of an encounter with an ET object but no impact.

Quite possible there was no impact, simply look at the blast in Tunguska. Also have a close look at Temple-1 the comet NASA tossed a bomb at... the secondary unexpected explosion was huge

"We hit it just exactly where we wanted to," said an ecstatic Dr Don Yeomans, a Nasa mission scientist... "The impact was bigger than I expected, and bigger than most of us expected. We've got all the data we could possibly ask for." ... Agency staff working on the $333 Million mission cheered, clapped and hugged when the first pictures of the impact came through to the control room at Nasa's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in California... Two stages: Preliminary data indicated two successive flashes. "What you see is something really surprising. First, there is a small flash, then there's a delay, then there's a big flash and the whole thing breaks loose. We may have been able to detect some structural response to the impact," mission co-investigator Pete Shultz said....

news.bbc.co.uk...

There was no explosive in the impactor (or so they say) so what triggered the huge secondary flash?

Here is the view from Hubble see how many hours it glowed?

It was a human-made event visible across the Solar System. At the direction of terrestrial scientists, a refrigerator-sized probe from the Deep Impact mission struck Comet Tempel 1 on July 4 at over 35,000 kilometers per hour. The unexpectedly bright explosion was not nuclear but rather originated from a large plume that reflected back sunlight. Pictured above is how the event looked to the Earth-orbiting Hubble Space Telescope. A large cloud of bright material is seen emanating from the comet's nucleus and then dispersing. The area encompassing the comet became over two times brighter in the hours after the impact. Astronomers will continue to study the images and data returned by Deep Impact to better determine the nature of Comet Tempel 1 and discern clues about the formation dynamics of the early Solar System.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I hear NASA is sending a second mission to see what happened

Comet Tempel 1's Electrifying Impact

Excerpt: ...Meanwhile, how did the Electric Universe model of comets fare? The two major predictions that the outburst upon impact would be more energetic than expected and the comet is rocky, with little water in its interior, have been supported.

Excerpt: In stark contrast to NASA scientists, who seem to be perpetually surprised, the adherents of an electrical model of comets have seen many of the quite specific predictions satisfied. How many surprises and disconfirmations of cherished beliefs about comets will it require before a fundamental rethink occurs, instead of mere revision of old ideas? Science works best when there is a plurality of ideas. The present establishment monoculture of ideas is crippling scientific progress.

www.holoscience.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
i wounder if the exchage of energy will be effected as we transition through the centre plane of our galixie

The Solar system is also moving upwards, at 90 degrees to the plane of the Milky Way, at 4.34 miles per second or 15,624 MPH. But we are actually leaving the Galaxy, out about 50 light years now and will be moving out to 250 light years before it reverses. Details of the mechanics of this are explained in the link below. We also crossed the Galactic plane 2 million years ago.

Stanford University - What is the speed of the Solar System?
solar-center.stanford.edu...

This was part of my research into the speed of a person sitting in a chair at his desk...

It was also an exercise in space navigation, showing just how hard it would be to get back home, because home won't be where you left it.

What is the Speed of the Earth?
www.thelivingmoon.com...

From a navigator's point of view, we can leave out the "wobble" and the Earth's rotation as those movements are "in place". For later calculations we could also leave out the Earth orbiting the Sun, because if we can make it back to the Sun, I am sure we can locate Earth.

So our "armchair Astronaut" is now moving through 6 different directions and a combined speed of approximately 574,585 MPH

69,361 MPH Spin and Orbit
43,200 MPH Towards Lambda Herculis
15,624 MPH Perpendicular to Galactic Plane
446,400 MPH Orbiting the Galactic Center [or Galactic Spin Rate]
-------------------
574,585 MPH Speed of Earth within Our Galaxy

So for every hour you are away from the solar system, your planet is moving half a million miles, and in several directions…

Now if you want to leave the galaxy add another 1,339,200 MPH to the calculations. This is the speed the galaxy is moving through the universe. But THEN you really get into difficulties pin pointing you reference point. Details can be found here…

NASA - What is the Speed of our Galaxy?
helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So you see… the propulsion unit is the least of your worries….
You better have a REALLY GOOD NAVIGATOR.

You are here!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

While I'm fairly certain these pre-impact flashes can be best explained by the electric model of the universe, I have also wondered how this could be used for weapons testing.

If people are expecting a flash before the impact, a nuke could be tested and no one would be the wiser (except for the few who need to know), many of the rest would consider the electrical model as explaining what they saw - afterall, there was no nuke on the mission and the sensor readings don't have signs of nuke use.

*It makes sense to nuke at least a couple of asteroids covertly, just so we know what to expect when we have to knock one off its earthbound course.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

As this is an ongoing study it will be interesting to find out what the response is to this latest find.

Yes, I agree, hence the bolded 'possibly'. The article was from 2010 so is 'current', but yes, it will be interesting to watch for further developments.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
NASA 'Scientists' explore the Solar system by smashing and crashing into anything they can hit...

We get terms like..

"Washing machine size impactor..."
"Bomb the Moon..."
"Flyby shooting of Venus (with a laser)

NOOOO I don't make up this stuff

June 5, 2007: Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens. Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

science.nasa.gov...

Bull's-Eye! Deep Impact Scores A Direct Hit

Here are the 'scientists'

www.scienceagogo.com...

Here is another group of NASA 'scientists when a mission went wrong... seems they couldn't figure out why...

Ummm I can guess...

Smashing spacecraft into anything they can hit, some like Galileo and Cassini carrying plutonium (Galileo 37lbs - Cassini 72lbs) Galileo plowed into Jupiter... they planed to hit Europa with Cassini but cooler heads prevaled. All that sparked rumors of them wanting to trigger Saturn or Jupiter like in 2010...

And this they get paid for with YOUR tax dollars

Cosmic Litterbugs I say...

edit on 16-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Cosmic Litterbugs I say...

But think of all the fun the future space archaeologists will have.

They'll be able to point to the dig site and say: "See! this is how they used to do things when they had other people's money..."

<< 1    3 >>

join