It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space lightning and mars canyon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Space lightning and mars canyon

Have recently watched a vid on a theory about the trench on mars being carved by an electrical discharge
The vid does the theory justice more so that i so i will only introduce the vid and wait for seasoned planet/space heads to comment before i start my spiel

I like the electric universe theory and after watching this decided to post for all to see the evidence put forward

please enjoy very well thought out and presented

xploder

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i was reminded of this when watching the movie

the way the ground is scared and removed had a beauty that is a must see

the canyon was without doubt (in my mind ) was not created by water

if space lightning could be the cause then it opens me to a whole new way of viewing the universe

xp

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So what if this is an electrical defense mechanism developed on Mars... to prevent the curious from exploring? recent Nasa reports of methane seeping from under ground suggest life of one form or another may dwell beneath the surface, there are numerous examples of what you all think of the abnormalities of the surface of Mars... When did we get shooed away?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

if this is from a weapon defence rather than natural space lightning i wouldnt want to meet the aliens who own that thing
i am astounded that this story is not being discussed as the implications are staggering

xp

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

have you watched the vid as the evidence is quite clear
there is a posibility that space lightning has created this scar

i would like any coments as its clear something strange created this canyon

xp

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

have you watched the vid as the evidence is quite clear
there is a posibility that space lightning has created this scar

i would like any coments as its clear something strange created this canyon

xp

I would first like to say I do agree.
XPLodER, as strange as it may seem everytime I see that area it appears that yes an electrical/plasma type discharge took place. My outta box thinking goes as far as mabey mineral minning from high technology that uses arc type srtipping device to excavate materials. Even further out the box wars occured when trying to defend whatever mineral that were being mined there and various other places. War or more less WE ARE TAKING THIS MOVE IT. Outta box I know.

edit on 9/13/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
i have found a site with alot of info

You actually know more about it than you may think! The electromagnetic (EM) spectrum is just a name that scientists give a bunch of types of radiation when they want to talk about them as a group. Radiation is energy that travels and spreads out as it goes-- visible light that comes from a lamp in your house and radio waves that come from a radio station are two types of electromagnetic radiation. Other examples of EM radiation are microwaves, infrared and ultraviolet light, X-rays and gamma-rays. Hotter, more energetic objects and events create higher energy radiation than cool objects. Only extremely hot objects or particles moving at very high velocities can create high-energy radiation like X-rays and gamma-rays.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

xp

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

the amzing patterns present and the fact that soil has been deposited around the canyon like it rained down are simply breath taking

i was thinking while watching i wounder if this is a mining area as the patterns looked like they were removing veins of minerals in the crust

it is also interesting to note the uneven hemispheres and signs of a shore line

xploder

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yeah, this is quite a controversial theory and one that I like. This also is extended to explain the creation of Earth's Grand Canyon. Both of these canyons have features that can easily be explained by electrical discharge from some catastrophic event.

The question then becomes, what was this event?
Could a large planetary body, like Venus, pass close enough to Mars to have such an electrical interaction yet not collide?
In the Colorado basin, as well as other areas around the world, there can be found several different kinds of evidence for an electrical event that was catastrophic. I think the only thing holding this theory back is simply putting all the pieces together.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

i like controversy as it provokes some change in thought
i never thought to look at earth for the same type of damage
i will find a topograghic picture of earths canyons for a comparison
thanks

xp

edit on 13-9-2010 by XPLodER because: spelling correction

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
here is a topographic map of the grand canyon ill admit the features are similar the only difference is the presence of water

xploder

ps ill get one of mars canyon for comparison

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
here is a picture that illistrates the point

it looks like mars has had a chunk removed or lasered off

very large canyon many times the size of the grand canyon

xp

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
first thoughts were, mars cooled and shrunk.

space lightning is really hard to swallow since there is not a viable conduit proposed.

like static electricity, you need a charged something.

or a source, this was destructive if true. like whatever did this didn't care what happened to mars as a whole.

immense power which seems, needless to mine, imo.

although if i could mine 3-30 million cubic miles in a couple seconds, lol, why not?

so, i don't know what to make of the canyon.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

some of the previous posters have mentioned a weapon
i personally beleive there was a space lightning event that carved the canyon
i have a pet theory about a frequency that gets transmitted to the sun from the planets
there is enought energy released from the sun over all frequencies to account for a static like discharge to occour
only a theory but opens up the mind a bit

xp

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

This theory, Electric Universe theory, is proposed on the Thunderbolts web site, the source of the OP video. I can attempt to summarize the theory here.

Our Sun is electrical by nature and emits Electro-Magnetic energy outwards which we call the Heliosphere. This EM energy electrically charges up objects over time, like the planets Earth and Mars, so these objects maintain an electrical potential. The amount of this potential is inversely proportionate to the squared distance of each object. In other words the further away an object is from the Sun the less electrical potential it will have.

Objects on the outskirts of this heliosphere, like comets in the Oort cloud, have a very low electrical potential and would react to this differential if they were to stray into the inner solar system. This is the reason given for the nature of cometary tails that have been seen, via electric Universe theory. These comets have a low electrical potential and react as such when they are in a higher electrical environment, i.e. closer to the Sun. Lab experiments have been done that show this does indeed happen.

There is a theory about Venus being a comet and a new addition to our solar system in recent human history and these witnessed events were recorded (myths). So if we follow this theory about Venus we can conclude that if Venus came into the inner solar system with a great electrical differential it would create a huge cometary tail and catastrophic electrical discharges with close flybys to any unfortunate planets. Think of it as grounding an electrical source.

I remember reading about the theory of the Grand Canyon being created by an electrical discharge on one of Thunderbolts pages. I can't find the page but there is a lot of information out there pertaining to this idea. I have spent some time comparing the two canyons and they are very similar and have similar problems with any conventional explanation. The idea that the Grand Canyon could have been created over night by some electrical discharge at first appears unbelievable.

ADD; Found the link.
Mars and the Grand Canyon.

edit on 9/13/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
can't buy that guys, the solar system would be dead as hell.

if there is a balance someone can expound i am willing to go with it.

lighting space storms i cannot get into.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

we see electricity an our environments our bodys and in space
there is a feild of energy created by the sun
the earth is a conductor in that feild
the earth stores up millions of volts like a capasitor
so does other planets

lightning travels from earth to clouds ground to cloud lightning
from the clouds to the upper atmosphere blue jets
and from these blue jets sprites occour disapating this energy into space

where does all this energy go ?

millions and millions of volts at millions of amps are involved

why is space lightning so hard to reconcile with our solar system?

xploder

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
space lightning is really hard to swallow since there is not a viable conduit proposed.
like static electricity, you need a charged something.

Ask yourself this...

What would happen if you strung out a 12 mile long copper wire from your spaceship, and dragged it through the ionosphere at orbital speeds of approx. 17,500 miles per hour?

When you can answer that we can talk

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

thank you for your imput
have you seen this vid before?
do you think its possable for a discharge of some sort to have carved this?
my theory is this is why mars is empty

xploder

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
why is space lightning so hard to reconcile with our solar system?

Lightning on Earth is plasma.... when a star explodes it leaves behind huge (bigger than the solar system) clouds of glowing plasma... we call those Nebulae,..

Since science tells us energy cannot be destroyed, where do you think all this energy goes to?

As to huge lightning bolts that can carve canyons...

Well the video tells us there is a lot of crust missing on one section of Mars... Earth has the Pacific ocean and it's "Ring of Fire" of still active movement. Some say the Moon was plucked out of here...

What could explain all this?

"When Worlds Collide..."

Yeah yeah I know it brings up memories of Nibiru
but there exist many ancient stories of just such an event

edit on 14-9-2010 by zorgon because: Blah Blah Blah

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join