It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From newbie to Government disinformation agent in 43 days. Is this a record?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Great points.. which is why I never called someone a disinfo agent. I DID point out that it was apossibility though. MONUMNETAL difference there.

Besides posting cat pictures mocking someone's ideas on this site is a far far worse offense anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

You already insinuated that I was a disinfo agent because I posted a picture of a cat wearing glasses in your thread about quantum physics, and now I'm a double disinfo agent because I started a thread on the fact that you called me a disinfo agent for posting a picture of a cat wearing glasses in your threard about quantum physics.

Let me tell you the horrible truth..

It's 6:22 AM GMT, I am 3/4 of the way through a bottle of cheap whiskey, my girlfriend is snoring in the corner, and I am wearing a pair of striped boxer shorts and a "Coheed and Cambria Tshirt with a DragonFly on the front"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Seems more like a 9/11 believing troll.

If that's what the DoD is using nowadays, then they've done a good job of showing their bull# openly.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I JOKINGLY insuated it... BIG difference. I mean you are acting as if it is me that was paranoid. you have it backwards.. haha

edit on 13-9-2010 by 8311-XHT because: typos

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You're being awfully defensive about it if all you were doing was make a joke.

As I said in my first post of this thread. Some people think with their brains, other with their colons; it doesn't matter who thinks who is who, obviously no one would ever admit to being a s#-for-brains. So another person's opinion of you should hardly matter.

Lol. So apparent;y this thread was never even about 8311-XHT.
Paranoid? Narcissism? Nay, the perils of posting while drunk.

It's 6:22 AM GMT, I am 3/4 of the way through a bottle of cheap whiskey,

edit on 9/13/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I realize that your posts in the thread were made with good humor, and that is why I responded to you in kind with good humor i.e the kitty picture.

This thread was more directed towards this comment
"I've been saying the Large Hadron Collider is bunk for a while now. Kudos to you for having the patience to deal with the disinfo agents and all the willfully blind. I know I sure don't have the patience. I hope you get some traction with your thread here.
"
and even then I was just making an observation about how quickly the phrase "Disinfo agent" is bandied around this forum. It wasn't aimed at you in particular.

I didn't mean to annoy you and I thought that our discussion in the aforementioned thread was actually quite productive and managed to avoid the generally angry nastiness that usually comes from such a disagreement.

Nothing in this thread was aimed at you in particular and I am sorry if you felt that it was

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

To clarify I was sober when I made the initial posts...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I made a comment and then people got all uppity with me in this thread.. because of another JOKE I made.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

OK.. cool. We are all good then. The problem is when people don't know what's going on they jump t conclusions. I just wanted to set the record straight so people didn't come looking for me with pitchforks. haha

If this is all disinfo I have to hand it to you! You are earning your keep!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Does anyone even believe we need disinformation agents on a site such as this?

I think we do a good enough job of it by ourselves. I don't think any government agency has to worry about what goes on here.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I agree with you that we do pretty good at this ourselves.. but It wouldn't surrpise me at all if they made sure that nothing got started here.

Don't think they would necessarily go out of their way to harass someone unlesss they really had some valuable info.. but I do think they would start a site like this and flood it with BS to steeer conversations the direction they want. And in the process supress stuff they don't want talked about.

Also think all they really need to do is come in a thread and plant a seed of doubt to prevent anything from getting traction.

I'm amost certain of one disinfo agent that has spent a LOT of time here.. a LOT

I am as certaiin as I can be without having definitive proof.

edit on 13-9-2010 by 8311-XHT because: typos

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
no worries guys, maybe we're just disinfo agents talking to other disinfo agents thinking the disinfo agents are not disinfo agents

nothing to worry about

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
reply to post by eNumbra

I made a comment and then people got all uppity with me in this thread.. because of another JOKE I made.

The only reason people got uppity with you, is because you incorrectly assumed the thread was about you in the first place when according to davespanners himself, it was not.

This should however serve as an excellent two-fold lesson.

1) Even joking about disinfo agents in a community filled with paranoia is probably a bad idea.

and

2) Drunk posting is definitely a bad idea.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
They are quite easy to spot, ive so far come across two types.

TYPE 1

Those who create threads and or contribute too threads, usualy fairly coherent, good english and fairly cohesive arguements HOWEVER they typical begin by being ignorant on a lot of subjects, hoping to draw somebody in, then taking advantage of someones few offhanded comment they will then go on to provide an encyclopedias worth of sources they have most likely sat on for some time, just waiting to use them and take someones totaly unprepared and assault them with as much about there opinion as possible. Nine out of ten times it requires to much effort to actualy go through all there [dis]info and prove them in err, therefor they win. This does have a desired knock on affect however, as anybody impartial to the thread reading it will more than usualy agree with the dis-info agent as his threads appear to be of a more proffesional and trusted standard. How to win friends and influence.

You will find however, and this is the most telling clue, the entirety of there contributions are almost always heavily partisan and always from MSM sources, using topics that should in no way ever be discussed here. They will also argue a point, that NO REAL SELF AWARE PERSON could ever hold, yet there they are, trying to convince you otherwise. I do not believe people are that ignorant, especialy if they have found this website, they are simply pushing an agenda. It will be worth noting however, if you have no personal stake in what was being discusd, why are you so interested in pushing said agenda?, unless of course you were somehow tied to the issue personaly.

TYPE 2

Usualy identified as the classic troll, they never really seem to contribute much, however they are easily identified by extremely briefe assinine comments, designd to specificaly derail a particular topic or debate, usualy by drawing people away from the topic by making things personal, resulting in warnings, bans etc OR ensuring the thread is now going to have a dozen pages of posts that are totaly unrelated to the OP. I feel this is the most effective outcome from there trolling and is what they truly want to acheive. As very rarely will someone ever read every post on every page of a large post, so it serves the information at the begining, radicaly evolves in a completely different direction 20 pages later, thus muddying the waters and loosing any potential for real knoweledge gaind.

I apologise if this is somewhat long, i could probably add a lot more from what ive pickd up on certain trends from various posters, im sure over time more tactics will be used by them. But i hope this helps anyone who can identify with this, or people who have read this and understand what is actualy happening.

Oh and two the OP i read your Qauntum Mechanics threads, LOL at the people loosing the arguement and resorting that, some people do just happen to be ithat ignorant, its unfortunate, but it is the internet eh, waht you gonna do.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I just made you one of my ATS friends. No hard feelings OK?

I don't think you are disinfo for the record. Most of the disinfo are pretty clearly identified with their avatar, a name that ends in a number, use of poor spelling of even the most rudimentary words, and frequent editing of their posts (to show they are "normal" people). Of course, this is just a rule of thumb I go by, not meant to be taken exactly literally.

S+F. I promise I'll be more careful throwing around the term.

edit on 13-9-2010 by jcrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No hard feelings at all.

I've already moved on from being a disinfo agent, In another thread apparently I'm a Sheeple

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Calling someone a disinfo agent is an Ad Hominem attack. It requires no thought and it is rarely anything more than the last-ditch accusation of a man with his fingers in his ears. The site slogan is "Deny Ignorance". To accuse people you disagree with of being Disinfo or Cointelpro is to embrace it.

... Unless you're right about them being a disinfo agent, of course!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
no worries guys, maybe we're just disinfo agents talking to other disinfo agents thinking the disinfo agents are not disinfo agents

nothing to worry about

This whole thread has been a huge disinfo operation to confuse the general public on whether disinformation agents exist and if they might, whether you can't prove they exist or not.

Mission Success.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

I wish. I'd be making some money for posting. So far, though, no form of payment has presented itself in the mailbox.

reply to post by Johnze

I'm type 2 but have never gotten warnings because there's a real art to walking that thin line between trolling and practicing my religious beliefs. Any sort of moderation of my comments does constitute intolerance of a minority group and displays disregard for my natural rights to practice my beliefs.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
im sure it is
whenever is uspect i just ad them to foes and chech there next post
it becomes prettyclear
then u get death threads
then u bow down

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join