It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL POSTERS READ THIS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Please could members refrain from starting threads that are based around:

what is your favourite gun

who would win if the ??? and ??? went to war with each other

who has the best army/navy/airforce/secret service........
    etc etc ...

This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Please could we get back to threads with genuine interest.

The above list is subject to change and additions and is not set in stone.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Aye, bout time.

But I think we should still start a thread about our favority weapons, because it is centered around weapons.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by gooking]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY

etc etc ...

This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

I second that.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

My thread of Laser vs. Rail gun clearly discusses the advancement in the future of weaponry that is iminent in the United States. It had 8+ pages of replies with something like over 3500 views. I would think that could be constituted as genuine interest. This was not a thread to mine points(because I have not gotten a single point for any of the replies that are on it, which is being looked at by SkepticOverlord.), nor a thread to start fights with other members, but a thread to discuss the pro's and con's of this new age of development in weaponary. I think that it is a sad thing that my thread was moved to Chit-Chat when I think that it is clearly not. If others dissagree, then please let me know, and I'll not post anymore. -Muzz

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Full marks for you. Sounds like a good thread, and it definately falls under "discussion of future technology".
I wonder if those who replied didn't jeopardize it by making short off-topic posts?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

etc etc ...

Am l missing something but those types of threads are part of the military weapons passed, present or future.I enjoy the subjects and don`t think they affect this section.Any chance we could have a vote from the members before the mods control us so strictly.I am genuinely interested in these views as specific info that is reliable is very difficult to find unless people make it up.Members do come from various backrounds and having discustions on there favorite weapons is relevant to weaponry NO?.Can we have a more relevant section that covers the millitary in general

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Thompson M1927A1 w/50 round drum. And a Colt .45 is all I need. We need more of them to get the gangs out in Chicago to straight'n this place out. Looking for an original. Original Thompson made by GE (yes GE, brings good thing to life)
Value around $3500 VG Here one thease babies go off, you'll know it and half the city

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Agreed. I think its quick and easy way some members pick up points. Ya know I think this or that is the best and someone just has to put thier 2 cents on how this or that is better and so on....

Maybe we need to establish a new section for these kind of threads... because come to think of it, i need some quick and easy points

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think this should not apply it really cuts down on debaters and arguments on this thread. There's is nothing wrong with people discussing who has the better army and so on. Just thank god this rule wasn't so strict when I needed some quick point

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I agree Westpoint23, what are you gonna post about now..?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Agreed and about time......

For the ones like laster versus rail gun... Well, there you get to have to threads... one about each one. You can talk your heads off and get DOUBLE the points! wow.... ha ha ha

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
so...now they even close and transfer topics about laser technology to chit chat, or close them....If Torquemada was alife, he surly will rule in this boards!...The inquisition is back!! prepare for the censor machine!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I thought you Kangaxx was not going to post anymore on this site always true to your your word l read

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Even though this thread was made months ago, and action had taken place to enforce it... we still see threads like 'Best looking Fighter' and 'Ugliest Bomber Ever'...

Oh well, some things never change...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I always disliked the point whore posts. They're not being censcored now, ya just gotta do it for free in BTS.

If it interests you, whadda ya care if you get points or not, it's about the response.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
People have to write something,not every spook or govt employee is going to post something secret on this site, most of the topics on this site are posted by people that have not specific proof or knowledge of the subject.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
youre all crazy Lol

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
it depends on who you are tlking about

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think that this is a very blurred area to pass judgement on and since im new i would like to see such discussions myself at least once. i think this needs to be dealt from a topic-to-topic wise indivisual basis as some discussions may actually be interesting. I think no 'general rule' should be declared.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
M-14 and colt 45 nuff said

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join