It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Engineering Bill In Senate Will Force You Into City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard about this? Just seen it and didn't find it on ATS. What do you all think? Won't amount to anything or scary?

The bill is called the Livable Communities Act (SB 1619) and it was introduced by corruptocrat outgoing Senator Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.). It seeks to fulfill the United Nation’s plan Agenda 21, adopted at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in 1992 and signed onto by “New World Order” President George H.W. Bush.

This bill is designed to destroy your community. According to the non-profit American Policy Center the bill: * Is a blueprint for the transformation of our society into total Federal control.
* Will enforce Federal Sustainable Development zoning and control of local communities.
* Will create a massive new “development” bureaucracy.
* Will drive up the cost of energy to heat and cool your home.
* Will drive up the cost of gasoline as a way to get you out of your car.
* Will force you to spend thousands of dollars on your home in order to comply.

Read More Here

I also found this
thomas.loc.gov...:s1619:

edit on 12-9-2010 by SeeingBlue because: added link

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Pretty damn scary...I have had nightmares of roaming the streets, marching into massive supercities, watching from afar these people being offed, one by one by plugging into the system. A loss of individuality is very scary indeed.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The bill is from 2009 and can be found here.

The purposes of this Act are--
(1) to facilitate and improve the coordination of housing, community development, transportation, energy, and environmental policy in the United States;
(2) to coordinate Federal policies and investments to promote sustainable development;
(3) to encourage regional planning for livable communities and the adoption of sustainable development techniques, including transit-oriented development;
(4) to provide a variety of safe, reliable transportation choices, with special emphasis on public transportation and complete streets, in order to reduce traffic congestion, greenhouse gas emissions, and dependence on foreign oil;
(5) to provide affordable, energy-efficient, and location-efficient housing choices for people of all ages, incomes, races, and ethnicities, and to make the combined costs of housing and transportation more affordable to families;
(6) to support, revitalize, and encourage growth in existing communities, in order to maximize the cost effectiveness of existing infrastructure and preserve undeveloped lands;
(7) to promote economic development and competitiveness by connecting the housing and employment locations of workers, reducing traffic congestion, and providing families with access to essential services;
(8) to preserve the environment and natural resources, including agricultural and rural land and green spaces; and
(9) to support public health and improve quality of life for the residents of and workers in communities by promoting healthy, walkable neighborhoods, access to green space, and the mobility to pursue greater opportunities.

After skimming the bill, it's not trying to force people to live in cities. It's to create a program that gives grants to cities who plan out zoning and construction in a way that decreases traffic and congestion, make housing more affordable (especially for those near the poverty level and below), and prevent every available inch of the environment from turning into asphalt and concrete. Basically he wants to encourage cities to zone things so that people can find everything they need within walking or bus distance instead of driving an hour across town and give them grants to accomplish it. Doesn't seem too nefarious to me.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Jenna because: Fixed link

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As for me and mine...We'll be staying right here on my little 23 acres, in the country. All the necessities, food, water, shelter and family.

new topics

top topics

join