It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Hidden Message In Halo 2.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers.

Came across this video of a freaky hidden message in Halo 2.
www.youtube.com...

The message is along the lines of:

I have walked among men and angels, for three thousand years. Time... has no end... No beginning... No purpose. I wander the earth. Seeking forgiveness for my horrible crimes and against god and man. I wish to seek death, destruction. Evil, over the light. But the light cannot be extinguished. I live in a prison of my own demise. I am lost... in time

Its very weird, I know that programmers put messages in their games as jokes and promotions but this is very out of place and I mean very.

Its damn freaky!

Thoughts?

Peace.
ALS

P.S: I searched but could not find this on ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

whats the creapy part?

I do not understand what context makes this creepy/out of place.

nvm didnt see the video link

that is pretty creepy. sounds like the devil to me

edit on 12-9-2010 by Ghandi because: didnt see video link

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I have walked among men and angels, for three thousand years. Time... has no end... No beginning... No purpose. I wander the earth. Seeking forgiveness for my horrible crimes and against god and man. I wish to seek death, destruction. Evil, over the light. But the light cannot be extinguished. I live in a prison of my own demise. I am lost... in time

Does it sound like anyone we know?

The morning star perhaps?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Did you watch the whole video? The voice is real creepy!

Have you played Halo 2? What does this have to do with the master chief trying to destroy an alien weapon?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Considering it's a "fantasy" video game aimed at teenagers, and the creativity of the artists who make the game, it would surprise me if they didn't place little "easter eggs" into the game like this. Heck, when stuff like this surfaces on the internet, the artists probably get a bonus check.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In the game, there was an AI which existed thousands of years ago before the humans on Earth existed, and that AI was created by an extremely advanced alien civilization called the Forerunners who made themselves protectors of the galaxy and looked at species (such as humans) to view their progress as they evolved, and this AI was created to control parts of their military and coordinate attacks. Then when the Flood (a galactic fungi of a sort) attacked, their "head" or boss called the Gravemind, convinced the AI to turn its back against the Forerunners, and eventually did.
The Forerunners saw that the Flood took over any creature with enough biomass to sustain it, and saw this would kill all life in the galaxy as the Flood couldn't be stopped. Along with AI turned evil, the Flood were unstoppable, so the Forerunners pulled a Noah's Ark type of thing and saved enough of each species in the galaxy to repopulate those species after they activated he Halos (which killed all sentient life in the galaxy) starving the Flood of their food supply.

After the Forerunners detonated the Halos (knowing it killed them also) the species (such as humans) were replanted on their home planets.

The AI then saw its own wrong doing and this is what you see in Halo 2 and 3 and these messages are from th AI that seeks forgiveness from it creators (the Forerunners).

Soryy I just know a bunch about Halo! lol

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I like finding things like this in games, but this seems different to me its not really a homage to other games or even kind of a joke it is sort of out of place.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koolcdj69

After the Forerunners detonated the Halos (knowing it killed them also) the species (such as humans) were replanted on their home planets.

The AI then saw its own wrong doing and this is what you see in Halo 2 and 3 and these messages are from th AI that seeks forgiveness from it creators (the Forerunners).

done and done

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Thank God for nerds!

LOL I'm just joking!

Like I'm one to talk.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In the game, there was an AI which existed thousands of years ago before the humans on Earth existed, and that AI was created by an extremely advanced alien civilization called the Forerunners who made themselves protectors of the galaxy and looked at species (such as humans) to view their progress as they evolved, and this AI was created to control parts of their military and coordinate attacks. Then when the Flood (a galactic fungi of a sort) attacked, their "head" or boss called the Gravemind, convinced the AI to turn its back against the Forerunners, and eventually did.
The Forerunners saw that the Flood took over any creature with enough biomass to sustain it, and saw this would kill all life in the galaxy as the Flood couldn't be stopped. Along with AI turned evil, the Flood were unstoppable, so the Forerunners pulled a Noah's Ark type of thing and saved enough of each species in the galaxy to repopulate those species after they activated he Halos (which killed all sentient life in the galaxy) starving the Flood of their food supply.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Ah, Ok, got it!

I did play and complete Halo 2 but never got any of that. Thanks for the input.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
game Designer love putting their little marks on their games like any artist. This is a pretty funny example: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
isn't this supposed to be the gravemind?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Considering it's a "fantasy" video game aimed at teenagers, and the creativity of the artists who make the game, it would surprise me if they didn't place little "easter eggs" into the game like this.

There is. In halo 2 I remember there were hidden skulls that you could pick up throughout the single player game that would give you different abilities.

In halo 1 and 2 there were hidden messages throughout the game that were from the developers.

top topics

join