It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empathetic Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I stumbled across this short video of Jeremy Rifkin explaining the concept of us being in an empathetic civilization. Empathy is evolving in our society in every individual and a global connection has become a reality for short periods of time. Remember the earthquake in Haiti?

What is Empathy?
  • The ability to imagine oneself in another's place and understand the other's feelings, desires, ideas, and actions.

Are we becoming a global, homo-empathetic civilization and what does this imply?

In order to have empathy for other people there must be some form of communication. Global communication has definitely increased over the last century and the communication of information is increasing at an exponential rate. Is empathy soon to follow?
I can certainly understand how small communities of people can have empathy for each other which can be a very good thing. However, the implications for a global empathetic civilization appears to stretch beyond belief. See for yourself and let me know what you think.

That 10 min animated video was derived from another recorded lecture Jeremy gave linked below.

An idea is put forth in this 2nd video for a global connection of both information and energy using the same format. What a beautiful idea!

edit on 9/12/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Sorry Devino ..
This was the subject of a thread back in May ...... found Here

RSA.org has some terrific videos !

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well I missed it the first time so cheers!

Well I missed it the first time so cheers!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Opps, well I did a search... obviously a poor one at that. Learning from my mistakes. Thanks for the link to the previous thread.

reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

Yeah I missed it too. So at least now you and I have seen this video.

new topics

top topics

join