It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are men becoming more gay and sissified????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

It's unfortunate that you don't care for people's opinions. Why did you bother opening a discussion if you really just wanted to spout off nonsense mixed with bias?

You could have done that in the privacy of your own home, where I suspect more people would have cared than we do here.

And if my opinions or statements are wrong, please educate me, what is wrong with them? Could you quote what you think I have said is wrong and then even attempt to discuss the issue instead of just stating more homophobic nonsense?

Enjoy your small minded existence.

BTW, i'm not closeted, actually I am gay and hapilly married for almost 15 years.

Hope you find happiness in your life.

ETA, I don't think I EVER said you should get back in the kitchen, I actually do not subscribe to gender roles...So, no I hope you GET OUT of the kitchen and live your life the way YOU see fit.

As far as being unemployed and lazy, I've worked all my life, so hard in fact that I'm now my own boss. Strange how a sissy can do that eh?

~Keeper

edit on 9/12/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I was born male. Any activity that I engage cannot strip me of my masculinity. Even in tight jeans and a tight shirt, I would simply be masculinity expressing itself in that manner. It is a form of insanity to claim that someone is less of a "man" or less of a "woman" simply based on some external activity that they happen to be doing. Even if I put on a dress you cannot negate the fact that, biologically, I am still male; and that is all that really matters. The only problem here is the fact that you and your husband are clinging to mental images of what you believe a man should be, and since reality does not fit your mold you have become angry...and your insecurities are showing.

Priceless.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
My homophobia. So what. I dont have to agree with things I KNOW are wrong.

Homophobia is not about agreeing, or disagreeing, with anything.

ho·mo·pho·bi·a
   /ˌhoʊməˈfoʊbiə/ Show Spelled[hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh] Show IPA
–noun
unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

dictionary.reference.com...

And again do you hate, and fear, everything you disagree with? You have absolutely no tolerance for other people who are different, or see things differently, than you?

This thread is not about men becoming 'sissies', it's about your intolerance of others. I am going to show you a series of ten pictures, please tell me the first thing that comes to mind....

edit on 9/12/2010 by ANOK because: bb code

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

1) Real Men use a comb through their hair as opposed to metrosexuals who use loads of hair gel and stand in front of the mirror for nine hours a day.

So bad hair... check

2) Real Men are not afraid to fart or burp when needed and even share this triumph with their spouse as opposed to the metrosexual who will hold it till he can run to the little girls room and fart in private.

Farting... check

3) Real Men lift weights in a run down gym that smells of piss and puke as opposed to metrosexuals that use spas and nice clean gyms with cardio equipment.

Smells of piss... check

4) Real Men take a shower when needed as opposed to metrosexuals who shower fifty five times a day not caring that in Africa a baby may only get one thimble full of water a week.

Smells of other things... check

5) Real Men do not do modeling as opposed to metrosexuals that actually seek out agencies who will to take them on to have semi naked photoshoots.

Ugly... check

6) Real Men discuss power tools and lifting achievements as opposed to metrosexual who discuss fashion and condom flavors.

Boring... check

7) Real men are tough and don't cry over everything as opposed to sissified men including metrosexuals who cry whenever they get the chance.

Completely out of touch with emotions.. possibly a sociopath... check

What you seem to be describing here is some kind of psychotic hobo that smells of piss and has bad hair.... Mmmm you must be one hell of a hit with the ladies

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'll one up the real men go to the gym thing. pussies goes to the gym. real men actually have physical labor in their jobs. lumberjacks. construction workers etc. guys that actually use their bodies to do real work. gyms are for sissies. Hey pretty boy with the huge bicepts and skinny legs with the shaved body try doing plyometrics or something actually requiring you to lift your own body weight. Real muscles come from real work not lifting weights in a gym to get water filled balloons that cant do jack in the real world but are real good at lifting dumbells and fooling girls.

Also real men don't do crunches or other wimpy ab excercises. they take 60 pound sandbags they find at construction sites go over to the parallel bars, the ones you do dips off of, hang off of them and proceed to do full range movement sit ups hanging upside down with the sandbags in their hands. also whats up with the kettle bells. since when is lifting 35 lbs over your head a work out. I don't care how many times you can do it in a minute.

real men are proud of the scars on their bodies. real men don't wear affliction shirts. and real men don't arm chair warrior away watching MMA. real men go out to the park start up their own fight clubs and learn how to fight for real. real men do this then look at the bruises all over their body from their work outs the next morning and simply smile. good for them. pussies just talk about it. real men do it.

I've noticed an emasculation of men these days. and whats worse is if you try and show them the light. try and get them to do things that actually involve manly things and they wimp out. real men can hunt their own food or at least know how to fish. real men aren't squeamish about viceral things. real men don't always blame things for their failures. real men like moderate physical pain. and most importantly real men don't seek out public approval. they know what they know and don't give a damn about what you know.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Real men go out on the field and get covered in sweet sweet smelling man sweat and then they get into a big bath together and soap each other up and flick each others tight muscular asses with towels and then........ Oh my god, I need to buy a new keyboard

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
1) You are a dirty mouthed, uncouth braggart with no reason to brag seeing as you are a scared "little girl" trying to be a "man" all the while attacking strangers for being "more intelligent, clean and considerate" then you.

2) If my girlfriend every spoke the opinions you have shared here, I'd leave here on the side of a road with a sign that read "I'm a messed up product of a racist and intolerant upbringing".

3) What you percieve as wrong, is actually just "you having a serious problem".

Are you a 12 year old on a schoolyard screaming "ew cooties!"?

Seriously...what you are so proud of, anyone with a proper education and decent upbringing would be ashamed of.

Please stop bashing homosexuals and using profanity to get your "shallow point" across...I know your perspective is crude and "below human standards", but there is no reason to type on that same level.

Enjoy your homophobia and your backwater ways. I'm sorry but the majority of humanity has evolved past such barbaric thinking.

Oh, and since you are calling so many folks "gay sissys", let me just say you come off as a "nothing feminine" and your husband sounds like he may have had a few escapades with "male lovers" and is trying to over compensate by projecting some false image that only "you" are "limited enough" to accept.

Good luck being an outdated part of our species...too bad you were born a good 300 years too late.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Jesus. So, let me get this straight. You're the total and only arbiter and decider of what is, and what isn't manly? Uuuuh, no, sorry, lass. Doesn't work like that. Get back into the kitchen, and shut up, like any good woman should. Here's a news flash for you; men decides what makes a man, not women. And the men of ATS have clearly spoken. In other words, you are wrong. Seriously wrong.

I'm also starting to question the level of oestrogene in your body, but that's another discussion entirely...

You may get turned on by grunting, chest-beating neanderthalers, but, you know, real, modern men are a bit more refined than that. It's called evolution, and it usually happens for the better. Like...always. Unlike the stereotype you're projecting, today's men actually have a level of humanity and compassion in them, which bodes well for the future. As long as we keep people like you from getting any real power in the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The OP has so many rules to being a real man...

I only have two rules for being a real man or woman...

Don't be an intolerant troglodyte with crude communication skills.

And don't be stupid...

Good luck meeting my standards, if you are a REAL human.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well said, dude. Starred for that statement.

Live and let live, and all that.

edit on 13-9-2010 by David_Reale because: Adding a "reply to"-line.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

[Real Men are not afraid to fart or burp when needed and even share this triumph with their spouse as opposed to the metrosexual who will hold it till he can run to the little girls room and fart in private.

Then the Real Man is no gentleman.

Real Men lift weights in a run down gym that smells of piss and puke as opposed to metrosexuals that use spas and nice clean gyms with cardio equipment.

You mean the kind of pissy-puky gyms that queer men hang around when looking for a bit of rough trade?

Any REAL man would do squats in at a squat rack or use a squat cage. My husband was amazed that men are so similar to females now and that men are losing their male sense of identity.

You do realize that all these traits you're complaining about are superficial and insignificant, don't you? How many times a day a man takes a shower, what exercise equipment he uses and whether or not he uses hair gel are not indicators of a man's courage, honour, values, ability, trustworthiness--or even his sexuality. They are things with alter with the prevailing fashion, here today, gone tomorrow.

I compliment you on having so few problems and concerns in life that a topic like this is of concern, or even of interest, to you. Most of us have real lives to live, with real problems.

CX

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This thread just reminds me of this guy....

CX.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
So you wanna be a real man? OK here's how to do it!

Get up at six in the morning and punch a camel in the face Conan style.

Then have a hearty meal of steak and eggs.

Hit the gym with your other manly moustached friends.

Make sure you take turns spotting each other while on the weights. Stand over you buddy so he can smell the sweat from your gouche.

Then high five each other and hit the showers.

So what if you look at other men's junk in the shower?

You trying to tell me there isn't something profoundly erotic about water streaming down a muscly and extremely hairy back? Forget about it.

Head home and punch your camel again, then eat more steak and eggs.

Pretend to listen to your wife telling you her aunt died, then say 'whatever you look fine.'

Then head down to the Sulphur mine to get another stinking sweat on with other rugged dirty fellows.

Congratualions you've just become a man!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I do not like the way men are portrayed in some of the sitcoms and for example the Yoplait yogurt commercials. There is the guy in the refrigerator and the woman always second guessing and talking to him as if he is stupid "BABE?" "What are you doing?" Like the man is an imbecile and needs help feeding himself. The chick is driving me absolutely nuts every time she opens her mouth. I always think 'that man has to get away from that B!' lol
But then there is David Spade advertising 7up saying "What a nice backyard" to a woman's butt as she is bending over picking up some things. We perpetuate stereotypes this way. Sickening.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If being polite, not farting in public, caring about what one wears in public, doesn't match your standards of what constitutes a "man", I've got news for ya. You're in a distinct minority.

I deal with rudeness on a daily basis. Don't much care for it. As for the gas? To call that gross, would that be an understatement? As for appearance? Shower, shave, and clean underwear, and not too many holes in the jeans.

Your stereotyping does you no credit, at all.

Some of histories greatest names were, in all likelihood, gay. Alexander the Great was gay, almost certainly, but he didn't get the appellation "the Great" because of his keen fashion sense, or fab hair.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Big girl online yeow! Hard as fudge.

Got to love the internet hard men, that last post was pretty special Sassy.

I like Mask's comics, and I'll tell him all about it in the showers after training... GRR man sweat rules!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Threads like this keep me coming back to ATS.

Now excuse me while I perform weighted pull-ups while intermittently taking swigs of whiskey, clean, watching a Clint Eastwood movie and yelling at my girlfriend to lose some weight.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Sounds like a good night in you've got planned.

Would you like to borrow my camel? It'll cost you some steak and eggs!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Deal! Skinning a camel I've beat to death to fashion myself a lion cloth and nice pair of boxing gloves sounds like just the thing to do on this Monday afternoon!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join