It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The seven churches (have been promised)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

was'nt all mankind judged the same from the Testimony of Gods' Son? does'nt Muslim mean of Mohammed as in a follower of him who rejects the Son, otherwise you would be known as a Christian right?

Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My friends,

I will leave you with one last thought before I move on to just observing once more.

Since the mystery of Christs crucifixion was mentioned ponder this.

Why did Christ have to die on the cross?

Because he loved us ALL, and we did not love him enough in return to stand in his place.

If your own child was to be crucified, would you let him be taken?

Of course not ! There is not a one among us who knows that paternal bond that would let that occur. In fact we would put ourselves in their place that we might be taken instead, even if it was their wish to go.

That is the kind of love we should share for ALL.

We have grown much in love my friends. Yet, our blindness suppresses the love inside each of us. We come from a common source, which is God. We come from his love. Yet, too often, we let our differences blind us to this fact. We allow our different beliefs to cloud the knowledge of our own blessed heart, Gods whisper.

Continue with this path if you must, but it leads you away from God.

Judge not, Love All, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
reply to post by IAMIAM

was'nt all mankind judged the same from the Testimony of Gods' Son? does'nt Muslim mean of Mohammed as in a follower of him who rejects the Son, otherwise you would be known as a Christian right?

Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

My friend, I AM not a Christian. I am a humble follower of Christ. My doctrine needs no name for it is my own.

All men and women are my Brothers and Sisters, just as Jesus was my Brother. Any who reject me as such, shall be rejected by their own judgement. My Love compels me to love all, those who reject my love receive it not, by their own judgement.

Judge Not, Love ALL, Be at Peace,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

True or false?

There are hundreds of millions of Christians on the planet earth.

False. There are many who “claim” to be.

True or false?

Jesus said "Enter by the narrow gate, since the road that leads to perdition is wide and spacious and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

True, few find it.

Question:

Is hundreds of millions "many" or "few".

Many, but true Christians are few. (Revelation speaks about the 'outer gates', this would be many today)

The Satanic doctrines of aPauline Christianity are believed in by hundreds of millions of people on this planet.

Believed, but not lived. That is why there are “few”. Paul was converted, not Satanic. The pivotal point was the stoning of Stephen.

And, just look around you at the horrors that are regularly inflicted on the people of this planet through all manner of violence.

The horrors have Satan at the root of it.

Christians cannot have it both ways.

They cannot have hundreds of millions of followers, say that they are on the "narrow" path of "the few"; and, at the same time, deny all responsibility whatsoever for the evils and violence on this planet.

What is there to deny? We are engulfed in it. Everyone has responsibility for things that are happening, but that doesn’t mean we are all the cause of it. We are ‘in’ this world, but we are not ‘of’ this world. Not eveyone that says they are Christian are Christian.

At this very moment, there are millions upon millions of fundamentalist Christians on the planet who are salivating for a nuclear war and genocide agains the Iranians...in the hopes that they will soon be 'Raptured'.

Rapture is not scriptural. Those that are salivating for nuclear war and genocide are not true believers. They are using Christianity as a mask, but that does not mean they are true Christians. I wouldn’t put that stereotype on all fundamentalists, though I am not one myself, because not all fundamentalists are salivating over this.

This is at the opposite end of the spectrum from ANYTHING that Jesus taught.

Very true.

Oh, by the way, how many millions upon millions of Buddhists--who also believe in a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'--are drooling for a nuclear war and genocide of Iranians?

I don’t know anything about Buddhists. I keep reading on these threads that they are NOT a religion, though I would disagree. Even if they aren’t salivating from these things, doesn’t mean that everything they believe is correct.

And they are not even followers of Jesus in the first place.

True followers of Jesus are not salivating over war. Remember this scripture?

Matthew 7:22-23 (King James Version)
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Jesus didn’t ‘have’ to die for any of us. None of us could stand in his place, none of us are without sin. Only Jesus could have done that, and he laid down his life by his own volition.

Blindness suppresses love, but blindness also can lead us into darkness. Allowing darkness to be taught as wisdom not only undermines the truth, but leads others down a path of blindness as well.

I applaud you for having so much love for humanity, but I pray for you that you don’t let your emotions lead you through error. Error can be very dangerous in these times, especially when all the world religions unite. You need to take a stand and contend for the faith sooner or later, or your emotions will lead you straight to the ‘abomination’ that makes desolate.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

My friend, Jesus' life was the living testament of God. It was absolute Love. Lead the life (follow) in the foot steps of Christ, and you cannot ere. If that path leads me to suffer as Christ did at the hands of those that hate, so be it.

There is another life after this one, and another, and another.

I will not hate my enemies. There is nothing they can do to me, only what they can do to this body.

Fear, that is the true enemy of the soul.

Judge not, Love ALL, Be at peace,

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We as Christians do not reason with our heads (mind), we reason the scriptures allowing the Spirit of God to guide our thoughts. What you describe is a person blindly going through scripture without any guidance at all, just reading and throwing out matter. A person cannot have understanding of scripture, unless his/her thoughts are guided by the Spirit of God. Any true Christian will tell you that. We know that our own minds are not equivalent with Gods knowledge. We rely on him to open our understanding of scripture.

The words of Paul are spiritually discerned. If the person reading the text is not being led by the Holy Spirit, what Paul says will make no sense at all. Any of us could probably sit here and pick apart all kinds of things in his books, all day long, if we didn’t understand the context of what we were reading. I’m very familiar with the Paul argument, however I’m not convinced by it. When I read Paul I understand what he is saying.

Revelations (spiritual, not the book of) come in all packages. It takes spiritual discernment to know what is true, which can only come from God. I wouldn’t rule out that a revelation was given to anyone, the real revelation would be the spirit of where that revelation came from.

Thanks for answering, regarding layers. I was wondering if what you were typing earlier was some form of esoteric knowledge. There are many on these boards who are into that as a form of knowledge and they come up with all kinds of crazy things.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Would you allow someone of another belief to come into your home and proselytize your children? On the internet we are (in one sense), in each others homes. Why would you let someone else do that among the brethren? Are we not all family, those that are in Jesus Christ? Should discernment be cast aside as judgment?

Yes, Jesus is the living testament of God. The same Jesus also drove out the moneychangers at the temple. What you say about faith, not hating enemies, and not fearing what can be done to our bodies is true. On that we agree, but in the way that you are presenting it, you are saying that we need to cast discerment aside and all hold hands and sing kum ba yah.

edit on 15-9-2010 by nlouise because: mispelled saying

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

There is another life after this one, and another, and another.

Please expound on your statement. What do you mean by another and another and another?
We have this life, then enternity, what are these other lives?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Congratulations, Disraeli, nluise, et al.

No Knowledge of the Revelation of John. Check.

No Knowledge of either the Revelation or Doctrine of "resurrection". Check.

No Knowledge of the Book of Matthew 27:52-53. Check.

No Knowledge of the Teaching of Jesus. Check.

No Knowledge of Genesis 1:27, 2:7., Chapter 3, especially, vs. 4-7 and 24 and
Chapter 16:13 &14. Check.

No Knowledge of the Book of Isaiah 8:16 & 26:19.Check.

No Knowledge of the Book of Daniel 12:2-4 & 9. Check.

No Knowledge of the Thanksgiving Hymns of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Check.

No Knowledge of the Treatise On Resurrection, the Gospel of Mary, or the Gospel of Thomas from the Nag Hammadi Codices. Check.

No Knowledge of the Quran. Check.

No Knowledge of Sura 27:82 of the Quran. Check.

No Knowledge that Mohammed was Elijah and John the Baptist 'raised from the dead' in fulfillment of the Prophecies of the Book of Malachi and Jesus. Check.

No knowledge of the 3 dimensions of human consciousness: the "self" and the 'thinker' being the 'fallen', dualistic consciousness; the consciousness Created by God being the non-dualistic "observing consciousness". Check.

Other than that, however, you are not merely very, very, very clever.

You are utterly brilliant.

And it is the utter 'brilliance' of the Satanic doctrines that you believe in that is mesmerizing and leading and pushing this civilization into the horrors of the "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel.

Stay tuned.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise
reply to post by IAMIAM

Would you allow someone of another belief to come into your home and proselytize your children? On the internet we are (in one sense), in each others homes. Why would you let someone else do that among the brethren? Are we not all family, those that are in Jesus Christ? Should discernment be cast aside as judgment?

Yes, Jesus is the living testament of God. The same Jesus also drove out the moneychangers at the temple. What you say about faith, not hating enemies, and not fearing what can be done to our bodies is true. On that we agree, but in the way that you are presenting it, you are saying that we need to cast discerment aside and all hold hands and sing kum ba yah.

edit on 15-9-2010 by nlouise because: mispelled saying

Any person who wishes to proselytize to my children, if their message be one of unconditional Love, forgiveness, and non-judgement, is welcome in my home. For regardless of who they name as the messenger or the language they speak the testament, it is the message of Christ.

On the same note, any person who wishes to proselytize to my children, whose message is not one of unconditional love, forgiveness, and non-judgement, yet they name their message in the name of Christ, they will be called liars.

Lastly, we are ALL family, created by God, not Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was a living example of how God intended us to love each other. Throwing money lenders out of the temple, is a kin to me trying to throw money out of the temple of God, the whole world. If you read my thread "Heaven" you'll see what I mean by that.

Every man or woman who will love me as I love them IS my family. Those who do not, are not, but by their own judgement.

Judge not, love ALL, be at peace,

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Please expound on your statement. What do you mean by another and another and another?

What I mean is that life given us by God is eternal. The physical form we occupy, is not. I have been there at the beginning and will be there at the end.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What I mean is that life given us by God is eternal. The physical form we occupy, is not. I have been there at the beginning and will be there at the end.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Briefly, the real division does not occur at the level of belief.

I agree. Believing and Knowing are two different things entirely. I have typed that at least 50 times on these threads.

The real division occurs between those who have Knowledge and those who only have belief.

I agree again on that type of division. That example would be separating the wheat from the chaff. Believing something and knowing something are two completely different things. But, there is another division that occurs which is the wheat from the tares.

I have no problem whatsoever with the mystical writings of many of the Jews. In fact, I studied them for some time and validated much of what they write, while quibbling over certain other issues. Much of the Knowledge of the Revelations can be found there.

I saw the layers of meaning in the Torah, but also in the rest of the Bible as well. They cannot see them in the NT because they do not accept it. My question is do they see in Torah what I was able to see in it. Also, how? Are they climbing up some other way?

John 10
1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Neither do I have problems with the Sufis, who have a mystical understanding of the Revelations in the Quran.

I am sure that there are mystical understandings in Quran. There are also mystical understandings in Wiccan books as well.

But I also know that the Roman church exterminated the Albigensians for teaching the Truth about the Doctrine of "resurrection", that those who have any genuine understanding of the Kabbalah are relentlessly hated and repudiated and persecuted by the Orthodox rabbis; and that the Sufi perspective of Islam is certainly not as well-known as it should be.

Are you sure about that? I thought that all Orthodox rabbis were into the kabbalah. Do you have a source for this? I used to think so, but on the forums I’m sure I’ve read that kabbalists say different, and that all rabbis are into kabbalah.

I don't know anything about Islam belief other than what others say, and the division between Jacob and Esau in the Bible, and that the division is still there today.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Better the last smile than the first laugh.

James 1:8 (King James Version)

8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

here are just a few clues to who is The Authority

Daniel-The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

Daniel-He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language WORSHIPPED Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Matthew-Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Acts-He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

identification of those that reject Authority,

1John-Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

Luke-But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.

Matthew-Last of all, he sent his son to them. 'They will respect my son,' he said. "But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him and take his inheritance.'

CHRISTIANS – THE MOST PERSECUTED PEOPLE GROUP ON EARTH(google it)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Regarding the idea of the church present to be Laodecia, you might want to see the English translation on the

www.thechronicleproject.org...

See Hebrew texts of Mathew
They found that this book was not back engineered from the Greek, but might have been the original.
If so, Jesus comments have been changed dramatically, because he says
that oasis (teachers that people flock to) will appear in the church in his name (claiming to be Christians) and saying that their breath is anointed and their teachings will distort the many (majority).
The bible makes it sound like people claiming to be Jesus show up, but the one I found claims the church is distorted. This also matches revelation, saying the white horse and rider (appearing like Christ) go out and conquer. In other words. False teachings turn people away to a false Jesus. That would make Laodecia the synagogue of Satan, and then the church of Philedelphia comes up. Very small, probably those who left when they saw the false teachings.

If so, we are in the end

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoulda taken the blue pi
If so, we are in the end

We can only hope my friend, We can only hope.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You, have fun with that. If you lack discernment now, you won't have it later.

2 Corinthians 11:14 (King James Version)

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

You, have fun with that. If you lack discernment now, you won't have it later.

Aye, perhaps not my friend, but I will have Love, and forgiveness.

That's enough for me.

With Love,

Your Brother

****Now back to your regularly scheduled program "Revelations; the 7 churches 9have been promised"****

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join