It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if nothing happens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

As I said, for arguements sake, lets just say the mayans were retarded.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
But how does anyone explain the zodiac? There isn't even anyone to blame, because it's been around longer than anyone has ever known.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I live in the US so I'll be talking to my business associates in AU on the night of the 20th to make sure that tomorrow actually came before I go to bed. If for some reason it didn't, I'm going to grab a six pack and lawn chair to watch the end of it from my own front yard! For me, I'm still doing long range planning in my businesses and in my personal life. I found that I was getting depressed when I started getting to involved in the "what if's" of 2012.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think if nothing significant/life changing for everyone happens on Dec 21st 2012, people will then say "Oh there was a miscalculation, the real date is 1,2,3, or even 4 years away". Then if nothing happens again, people will push it off again and again. Bad things usually happen when people don't expect it. Right now, everyone is expecting for 2012 to be the end, since we're constantly ( at least in the US ) bombarded with it via TV through Discovery and History Channel.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I don't think the Mayans were dumb. They created a calendar. They observed and recorded astronomical events. They built large cities. They irrigation systems. Dumb no. More advanced than we are? No again.

The zodiac is not an actual thing. It is based on man connecting dots in the sky into shapes. The zodiac becomes that set of shapes drawn by man through which the sun passes. All of the baloney about the zodiac is baloney. It begins with people's imaginations and ends with their imaginations. One of the most important reasons for constellations today is to give directions in the sky.

Then you claim weird weather. That happens every year. There is so-called weird weather some place in the world.

Perhaps the mayans were stupid, but they did in fact also point to the same date.

I love that quote since you never showed anywhere that this date is associated with any other place or people.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
We know what will happen as it already happened with all of the people that predicted massive world wide chaos on new years day 2000.
Some people said planes would drop out of the sky, Nuclear missiles would launch themselves, Man would be pushed into some pre technological society living in the woods.

When nothing happened some people seemed to instantly forget that they made these claims, others went around adjusting the date of their claims because "the calendar must be wrong" The companies that made money out of the claims closed up and went on holiday to the Caribbean

Most people just carried on with their lives as if nothing had happened (which it hadn't)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOL Y2k was there to scare you by our local government and to make you not believe in prophecies. it seems to have worked. Damn, So many sheople and I am glad I am not one of them.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

according to the chinese the year 2012 is the year of the Water Black Dragon. I believe the sign of the Black Dragon is an evil sign. Most Asian people are superstitious by nature.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Here is one statement on the dragon:

Dragon Traits: The Dragon is full of passion, intuitiveness, and is blessed with superior intellect. The Dragon can also be very difficult to deal with and is rarely content with individuals in its inner circle.

2012 Year of the Dragon Products

Not sounding too evil.

The Dragon personality The Dragon is a creature of myth and legend. A symbol of good fortune and sign of intense power, the Oriental Dragon is regarded as a divine beast - the reverse of the malicious monster that Westerners felt necessary to find and slay. In Eastern philosophy, the Dragon is said to be a deliverer of good fortune and a master of authority. Therefore, those people born in Dragon years are to be honored and respected.

Free Chinese Calendar 2012 - Year of the Dragon

Again, not evil.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Here is one statement on the dragon:

Dragon Traits: The Dragon is full of passion, intuitiveness, and is blessed with superior intellect. The Dragon can also be very difficult to deal with and is rarely content with individuals in its inner circle.

2012 Year of the Dragon Products

Not sounding too evil.

The Dragon personality The Dragon is a creature of myth and legend. A symbol of good fortune and sign of intense power, the Oriental Dragon is regarded as a divine beast - the reverse of the malicious monster that Westerners felt necessary to find and slay. In Eastern philosophy, the Dragon is said to be a deliverer of good fortune and a master of authority. Therefore, those people born in Dragon years are to be honored and respected.

Free Chinese Calendar 2012 - Year of the Dragon

Again, not evil.

LOL first one is grasping for straws. The second one is just a political correctness taking in.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We may just move on like we did after y2k, and the cold war, and when we found out santa wasn't real, and the tooth ferry, and lamb chops.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Once again you have made no effort to justify your completely wrong statements.

You seem to be batting 0. It' strike out, after strike out, after strike out for you.

If you'd like to support your utter failure in the dragon claim, then please show us something more than lame griping about being wrong AGAIN.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join