It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird hybrid dog/carnivore loose in the City? What is this thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL DID I JUST SEE?
On my way to work today... I saw an animal with the body of a greyhound, the neck of a deer, the head of a fox, and the tail of a raccoon (only the tail was ripped and ragged... and extremely long). Overall it was a little over four feet in length.

I told my coworkers about it... and, yes, they were entertained by tales of "Jim's Werewolf". I reported it to the police as a 'extremely large coyote'... but I don't know if the dispatch lady took my call seriously... THEN people started coming in off the street who wanted to use our phone at work to report a strange mutant dog. One guy who saw it theorized that it was an experimental hybrid the government let loose... I lie not (yes, he really did say that... I mean the dude sounded like he had just been reading ATS).

So, bio majors, what the hell was this? I looked through Walker and Grzimek and couldn't find anything close. I don't know if it could be grouped with canines or some other type of carnivore.

BTW, this happened in the town of Blue Island, on the south side of chicago.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by onlyinmydreams]

[edit on 22-6-2004 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well theoretically a greyhound could have coyote and fox in his DNA but...........errrrrm the deer well i dont know about that heh.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sort of like this??

It seems there is a cloning project going...
www.naturalworlds.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, I'm not saying it had 'deer' in it... just that it had a long neck and long legs. It also sorta bounced when it ran... unlike a dog. My guess is that it's some sort of canine... but i can't pin it down. The thing was definitely a predatory animal, based on its face. Multiple people used the word 'hybrid' to describe it. One called it a 'mutant coyote or wolf'.

Personally, the thing didn't act aggressively around me, so I'd be unwilling to call it a type of wolf.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
there you have thylacine or tasmanian tiger

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Zeddicus...

nice pic, but... no, it was weirder than that. It was bigger, had longer limbs, and had a more fox like face. In particular, the lower lengths of the legs were extremely long.

But, overall, that photo gives an idea of how weird the thing looked. It had a narrow body and long tail... but the tail had clumps of ragged fur on it. The color was most;y red and brown.

Thanks for the photo... it's the closest thing I've seen yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
another person just came into work.

He called it a "Deer wolf" when he entered... but reported it as a 'large coyote' when he called the police from our phone.

I swear to god I am NOT making this up.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Got it! Right here on ATS!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Added picture to this thread.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it similar to that? Sounds kinda like it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
didnt we debunk that little booger?????

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No dudes,

Close but no cigar.

It had a huge, long tail that would ahve looked like a raccoon's if it wasn't ragged and ripped up:

It had a body like a greyhound:

So... though that photo has similiarities with what I saw, it's not the same creature.

The whole thing was also over 4 feet in length, at least.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
didnt we debunk that little booger?????

I don't know, but it sure was tasty.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
But, yeah, it was similar to that other naimal in that it had a foxlike face and legs and neck similar to a deer's

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would set some bait out. Something smelly like fish and try to get a pic.
It would be really cool..... if the ATS got the first photo of this thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
I would set some bait out. Something smelly like fish and try to get a pic.
It would be really cool..... if the ATS got the first photo of this thing.

Myself and other witnesses ahev already called police/animal control... So they should be looking for it.

As for traps... I'd probably just catch the old raccoon that lives near my house or one of the loose dogs in the area.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Perhaps a maned wolf? A little outside of its normal range, but perhaps someone has an exotic pet that got loose.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
possibly a carolina redwolf but too far away but that is what you are describung except they are an endangered species native to north carolina

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sounds like it could be a maned wolf from his description.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Though two threads have just brought this up, THIS is VERY close to the animal I saw:

www.communitytimes.com... tion=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
all i know is if i saw that i would RUN FAST!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join