It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Close Encounter!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
My wife and I have always been believers. One night about five years ago we noticed some curious lights flying in a circular pattern over a group of apartment buildings about a half kilometer from our apartment. We quickly discerned through the process of elimination what they weren't. To this day we can be entirely sure what they were, but other events that occurred that night that accompanied the sightings definitely gave credence to what we were potentially seeing.

We watched the lights for about an hour and also documented what we were seeing on our digital camera, but the lights didn't turn out when we watched the videos after the fact. They didn't behave like conventional aircraft and there were no flashing lights. It was just like a star, but it was under intelligent control.

Some time that after the lights disappeared an overwhelming feeling came over me that I should check on my 2 year old daughter sleeping in her crib. I walked into her room and found that she was sleeping comfortably. I turned and slowly made my way to the door, but something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. I quickly looked over to the window and noticed a very bright light.

I gasped and froze when I realized what I was seeing. The light was floating about two feet above my neighbour's fence. It was dusk, but still bright enough to be able to see that it what it wasn't. Once I realized what it probably was I called for my wife to come before it vanished. I needed someone else to see it. It was like a star. It was so brilliant and vivid. It happened too quickly to to grab the camera and as fast as it appeared it was gone. It was some kind of orb or "foo fighter".

Needless to say, we were very disturbed and ended up packing up and spending the night at my mother's house. I wish I was able to take a video.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And you decided today you wanted to share this? And if this story is real you should put up the accompanying pictures. But looking at your posting history I think its safe to say this is not to be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

What exactly do you mean by that? Why is his posting history an indicator that his encounter/experience is not to be taken seriously?

I think you should at least elaborate on your statement.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Despite the fact if this is an real story or not (only you know that!)
You should have a read on the book the "thiaoouba prophecy"
It is a (maybe fictional) story but it describes nearly everything and also your orbs you all see...
(its free available everywhere on the net... scribd.com?)

Oh and if this isnt true this orbs may be merkabas that inhabit a spiritual or higher being that uses this to travel around...(have a watch at youtube at : "13 masonic secrets" series)

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i.

Jim

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

Hi, and thanks for sharing your experience.

Can I just ask if you and your wife had ruled out Ball Lightning? What does your wife think about her experience on reflection?

I can understand about not getting any video or photographs. When my son and I had our sighting the last thing on my mind was a camera. I was so shaken and awestruck that I wouldn't have been capable of even trying to film it.
LOL.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow bro! Probably was as scary as hell....I got kids also and that would be my first reaction too! Can you describe the light in a bit more of detail just so we can better picture in our minds? Great thread buddy! Hope it picks up cause I'm sure that there are more people like you out there that has had that kind of close encounter in the past! S&F for ya!!!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well i have seen some weird things to ( in regard to the ufo phenomenom) but i really rarely carry any cam with me or would even try to make a video...

And that for good reasons!

First:
I dont mind what others have seen as i only can trust my very own perception.

Second:
What do i have from posting a bad video or pictures in the net? The ones that believe, believe and the ones that dont wont be intrigued by my viedo or pic i would share...

Third:
if and really IF i would have made such a real video i am sure someone will come along and explain me that it is an cgi... so and really what do i have from this? my reputation would be gone, i would have stress with people i normally would not have and i could get into trouble with tbtp... (If they see that my vid is real deal...)

Really i like it when people come out with their storys (and i was also thinking about to release my ones) but i always ask myself: For what a reason should i do that? Nobody really cares!
If there is such a thing like real disclosure - however it might look like - it has to come from the powers that are controling our system. Thats it! Nothing else will have an effort...

And if we consinder the upcoming events than all of this stuff seems to me very irrelevant. As the people should more make themself a picture of themself and try to develop their views on a spiritual scale...

Peace
Jim

edit on 12-9-2010 by JimIrie because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
What exactly do you mean by that? Why is his posting history an indicator that his encounter/experience is not to be taken seriously?

Well, I instinctively thought the same as faceoff85 when i read this.

If you have had an experience like that, would you wait until a couple of years after you have joined ATS before you bothered to post it?

The lack of posts and the 'purple prose' of the OP give the game away, surely.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Not really the case. I would bet that there are a LOT of people who come to ATS to find others and read about their experiences and look for possible similarities and explanations. I suspect there are too many people who haven't had unconventional experiences that are far too quick to jump on people. Another good reason not to bother posting or starting threads about them. I never did!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

It was like being 20 feet away from a star without being burned to a crisp or blinded. It was white and had thin crisp lines coming out of the top, bottom and both sides. It was so brilliant and beautiful that I couldn't look away. I was scared, but I didn't really get a feeling of dread or anything. I'm glad my wife saw it, but even if she didn't she still would've believed me. I felt like I was being watched before I saw it. It was the same feeling I had that lured me into my daughter's room to begin with. I know what I saw and it wasn't a flashlight or a lamp of any kind. It was floating in mid air and collapsed on itself when it disappeared. I don't care what others think. I know what I saw.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I joined fairly recently. I'm only posting this story now because I'm new to this site and I've never shared this story with anybody online before.

If you just met someone for the first time, like a new co-worker and they were comfortable enough with you to share an experience they had 5 years earlier, would you say to them that it didn't happen because they just told you?

That's a bad reason for dismissing someone's experience. How were they going to tell you when they didn't know you? Very weak.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I'm not to be taken seriously because I'm new to the site and it's the first time I've posted it on here when it happened 5 years ago?

Well then what's the point on anybody joining and sharing past experiences?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

sorry maya, that previous reply was meant for faceoff

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I didn't say that. I was questioning the 2 other members who were making those statements. Re read my posts.

As i went on to explain, that is exactly the kind of stupid attitude that stops myself and many others from starting threads about their encounters and experiences.

I had my sighting a year ago this week, and I am still going over it in my mind and re adjusting to the experience, because, as you will know, it really changes your perspective on everything. I would just ignore the negative posters, they obviously have never had a genuine up close sighting.

Thanks again for sharing.

Maya27

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Sorry Maya. I'm new to ATS and I'm not totally familiar with how to use everything yet. I'll get the hang of it by the end of today I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verideecimo

It was white and had thin crisp lines coming out of the top, bottom and both sides. It was so brilliant and beautiful that I couldn't look away. I was scared, but I didn't really get a feeling of dread or anything. I felt like I was being watched before I saw it. It was the same feeling I had that lured me into my daughter's room to begin with. I know what I saw and it wasn't a flashlight or a lamp of any kind. It was floating in mid air and collapsed on itself when it disappeared. I don't care what others think. I know what I saw.

Well buddy, seems like you got yourself something else besides a UFO here. I have a feeling that the UFO phenomena has something to do with the spiritual/paranormal side. I don't have proof of it but I have experienced something similar to what you have experienced and when it happened it went hand in hand with the spiritual. Just another quick question: Have you tried to draw it down on paper? It would be great if you could do it and then upload the drawing here(Only if you feel comfortable doing it). I really do believe your story buddy, never mind the skeptics. We all who have experienced stuff like that know what it feels like to see something unexplainable and not be able to come up with proof to back up our claims. But if you try to draw it into a piece of paper then it might help you/us to better understand what you saw. Thanks again for your time and for being brave enough to post this thread!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Absolutely. That's a good idea. I'll do that in a few and scan it. I'm not the best artist but I'll try.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Try your best buddy, plus the most detail you can put in it the better!!! I'm really looking forward for what this could really look like! Oh Also if we could get your wifes impression on it too it would be great!!!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here is the sketch that best displays what I saw. The sketch doesn't even begin to capture the brightness and clarity, but it gives you the idea at least.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Verideecimo because: wrong link again

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
And you decided today you wanted to share this? And if this story is real you should put up the accompanying pictures. But looking at your posting history I think its safe to say this is not to be taken seriously.

If you just met someone for the first time, like a new co-worker and they were comfortable enough with you to share an experience they had 5 years earlier, would you say to them that it didn't happen because they just told you for the first time?

That's a bad reason for dismissing someone's experience. How were they going to tell you when they didn't know you? Very weak.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join