It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have some quite good video editing software with image stabilizing filters and such but for the life of me I can't get youtube movies to work with it, no matter what conversion tools I put them through. It's really annoying

edit on 12-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
I have to ask this. Would kite surfers appear this big if they were approx. 1.5 kilometers away? Im just trying to get a visual of that in my mind. lol being american Im also trying to break that down in american distance!

Hey Yiggy!

As per my ealier post.....

The size of the barge is important because to my mind, much of the voracity of the story hinges upon the size of the objects.

That is to say, if the barge is quite small, the objects must be smaller & therefore their speed must be lower, thereby making prosaic explanations more likely.

ZiggyStar60's conjecture pertaining to windsurfing should be looked at very carefully.

For reference:

1 kilometer = approx 0.62 miles.

I mile = approx 1.6 kilometers.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you for pointing out the barge.

Being this is a maturer person (in his 60's) perhaps he's just not familiar with wind-surfing.

I am younger than he, and when I see them (at a distance) at the beach, I too am a little taken back. I am just not used to seeing (or expect to see) people in the air. It's a fairly new sport.

So this might've been a case of mistaken flying-identity.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
if they were kite surfers , where are they ?

i don't see anything that looks like a human figure or any waves breaking from a surfboard.

but

if that explanation helps you sleep at night then it's ok with me

edit on 12-9-2010 by easynow because: invisable surfers

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ok thanks Maybe. I thought I had that about right in my mind. So, I have to ask again, wouldnt wind surfers appear smaller at a distance of a mile away? I mean wouldn't they be more of a speck in size?
These just seem big to me for that distance.

Can someone perhaps get the wind factor for that location maybe, just to determine the speed they may have been moving at if they were kite sailing?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Hey Yiggy!

Ok thanks Maybe.

You are always very, very welcome!

So, I have to ask again, wouldnt wind surfers appear smaller at a distance of a mile away? I mean wouldn't they be more of a speck in size? These just seem big to me for that distance.

On the one hand.....

At this point I tend to agree the objects are a "bit of a stretch" on the windsurfer side.

They do look a little large for windsurfing sails & I cannot see any sort of wake under the objects.

On the other hand.....

The scale is problematic because we don't really know the size of the barge.

Estimating distance on water is very difficult unless you are used to doing that.

A wake would be extremely hard to see in this video.

Can someone perhaps get the wind factor for that location maybe, just to determine the speed they may have been moving at if they were kite sailing?

I believe the film was made in Noumea.

Do you have a location & date & time?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So the guy who actually filmed the two objects, was he on a boat or on land? If he were on a boat why would he not try to move in closer to the objects he was filming?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I believe from watching the original video the man was on a cruise. I don't know if there is a port at that location, but it seems he filmed it from the beach of where ever he was. Either way, he couldn't have gotten closer.

I really wish people would actually watch the whole thing through before asking questions as a lot of them are answered in the original video.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I didnt really notice if that was mentioned Maybe. I don't recall it. It wasn't in the discription either, I know the video was posted today and seems pretty recent, but we all know al ot can change on water in just a hour much less a few days... sorry... I will write the guy that posted the original video and see if he knows though.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

He was on the Pacific Jewel 7 August - 17 August 2010.

Maybe there is a travel log online somewhere so we can determine when it was docked and Noumea.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

He was on the Pacific Jewel 7 August - 17 August 2010.
Maybe there is a travel log online somewhere so we can determine when it was docked and Noumea.

G'day Chadwickus!

Thanks for that.

I may not get back to this for approx 24 hours.

It would be really interesting if we could find the guy & invite him on here to discuss his sighting & his video.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Mate I'm gone for a day or two myself, so can't do much about it either.

Doug Moffet is also someone who could be good to talk to (or not), he's the researcher who is 'stumped'.

He's also one of the proponents of the recent spiral seen over Australia not being the Falcon 9.

www.ufor.asn.au...

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

edit on 12-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: adding looped video

Would someone please tell me what those two 'white' light-like objects are in the background?
Are those lights or could they be the sails.......and the two dark objects, the people who are paragliding on the water (with a surfboard, not a boat)? I find it interesting that there are two of both.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've found a trip itinerary for the above dates.

The Pacific Jewel was in Noumea on the 10th.

Link

edit on 12/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
reply to post by packinupngoin

I dont think that the witness could see much beyond what we can all see from the film. To me, the objects appear to be quite square and obviously pretty dark - but definitely anomalous. The images are crying out for some photo analysis!

I noticed that we got the obligatory X-Files music with that T.V report, as well as the usual smirks from the reporters treating the subject like a joke.

I have never really understood the taboo regarding having an interest in the UFO phenomena.

Yea he clearly saw something but I don't know. I wish the video was taken better, but I myself have a very shakey hand when it comes to videos. I don't know why my hand just tends to jerk sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i dont get why this had media attention.

two black objects floating along the water? maybe im just not as crazy enough to think spaceship!.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human Alien....

I answered your questions about the "background" lights here.

They are buildings on land.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Sorry I missed that (have a few threads opened at once) but you yourself say "appears to be". Not necessarily a definite.....would that be a correct statement?

Also, where exactly was this? I found a site that offers surf-cams and am wondering if this section of ocean (assuming it's the ocean) is covered by a cam.

www.coastalwatch.com...

What is Noumea? Ah, I'll Google it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: Pacific Jewel was in Noumea

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Found a live-cam at Noumea (have to put up with commercials every few seconds though) But I'll keep checking back to see if para-sailing is a common occurrence here. Whoops. It just became night time!? That was fast.

www.camvista.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A pair of Orca fins?

I don't know what they are!

BTW MMN...I love your new kitchen appliance....the

carrot slicer!

edit on 12-9-2010 by KIZZZY because: add

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join